£20 Daily Challenge - All Welcome

On 2/28/2020 at 2:31 PM, roger2256 said:

A reproduction of last run and the same result ,won with ease .

Won 5/1 

Win or place 24/42

10 win = +50  10 place returns 20 =+10 

Balance -200     win only (6) -340 

Hi Roger, not sure how your win balance comes down from - £440 to - £340 with a £50 win.  Am I missing something?

On 2/28/2020 at 2:31 PM, roger2256 said:

A reproduction of last run and the same result ,won with ease .

Won 5/1 

Win or place 24/42

10 win = +50  10 place returns 20 =+10 

Balance -200     win only (6) -340 

Well, the above post indicated -440 and with a £10 5/1 winner then it couldn't change to -34o ; could it?  No matter, it's your little confusing baby

My £1.00. E/W Lucky Fifteen today comes from Leopardstown,

2.30. Rosey  Hollow

3.05. Mengli Khan

4.10. Smithscorner 

5.10. Say Goodbye

Good luck to all.????

Edited by Fred Crick
Preemptive text had previously put Bengli Khan when should have read Mengli Khan.

I'll be at Wolverhampton tomorrow and theres a couple of races of interest.  

In the 17.15 I've taken the 7/2 on Amor Fati available with pp without bog I've convinced myself he will be shorter. 

For the benefit of this thread I go to the next race , a winner here already and just touched off a couple of weeks ago.the extra distance could be perfect. 

Win or place 24/42

Balance  -200     win only (6) - 340

17.45 Wolverhampton 

Tabaahy 

10 win @ 11/4    10 place @ 4/7  b365 

Edited by roger2256
Text

1 hour ago, roger2256 said:

I'm sorry if you thought I was being smug 

Hi Roger,

I accept that I have not carried out the research that Carlos has done, although I am curious about how he did so with a first post, however, most of us are busy people and if something seems odd and I raise an issue it is because I feel that other people may have missed something too.  I don't have the time to go back over lots of posts so as to establish why something is so.  Carlos's explanation was brief and to the point.  So I now know how you are working your figures.  The £20 challenge in itself does not have any incentives attached to it.  I just thought that if people started recording their own YTD figures in postings then at least there could be some type of self achievement beneifit if some of us could become top of the leader board during the year.  None of us can beat @BillyHills  £8k place pot though.

Anyway, many thanks for your apology it is very much appreciated

Not a day for multiples today

Singles:

3.40  Weth Casual Cavalier £3 win at 11/2

4.45  Wolv Allux Boy £3 win at 7/1

5.15  Wolv Decoration Of War  £3 win at 11/2

5.45  Wolv Bugler Boy £3 win at 13/2

6.45  Wolv Scofflaw £3 win at 6/1

7.45  Wolv Lakeview £5 win at 4/1

Total stakes = £20.00 today

Daily results update:

No published bets yesterday so balance is unchanged at - £163.58

“When placing a bet on a selection, never take SP and, always bear in mind that to make a profit, in the long run, the WINNERS have to pay for the LOSERS.”  Always remember that if every favourite won the bookies would go out of business so don’t be afraid to oppose them.

19 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I accept that I have not carried out the research that Carlos has done, although I am curious about how he did so with a first post

Why are you curious? I dont understand.

Carlos could be watching without being a member or posting for years and following Rogers bets with interest.

On 3/1/2020 at 8:26 PM, roger2256 said:

I'll be at Wolverhampton tomorrow and theres a couple of races of interest.  

In the 17.15 I've taken the 7/2 on Amor Fati available with pp without bog I've convinced myself he will be shorter. 

For the benefit of this thread I go to the next race , a winner here already and just touched off a couple of weeks ago.the extra distance could be perfect. 

Win or place 24/42

Balance  -200     win only (6) - 340

17.45 Wolverhampton 

Tabaahy 

10 win @ 11/4    10 place @ 4/7  b365 

Good day at wolves today , nice bit of sunshine but bitter cold . Couple of winners though including the nap/selection . Made a right rick with fati taking the 7/2 , really thought he would be backed down , topped up with a bit of 13/2 ew  on course so no damage done . Anyway , on to  tabaahy.

Won 7/2 

10 win @7/2 = + 35    10 place returns 17 = +7  = + 42 

Win or place 25/43   

Balance - 158    win only (7) - 270 

3 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Why are you curious? I dont understand.

Carlos could be watching without being a member or posting for years and following Rogers bets with interest.

I was curious because I wondered how a person making a first post would be aware of Roger's strategy.  I don't buy your explanation.  It doesn't matter anyway because Carlos explained what was going on.  Is there any chance of you adding a financial incentive to the £20 challenge to make it more interesting?

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

I was curious because I wondered how a person making a first post would be aware of Roger's strategy.  I don't buy your explanation.  It doesn't matter anyway because Carlos explained what was going on.  Is there any chance of you adding a financial incentive to the £20 challenge to make it more interesting?

If you dont mind me asking , how old are you and where are you from ?? 

Your missing the point of the £20 challenge.  It's not in any way a competition,  no one needs any financial incentive . It's a place to test theories,  a bit of fun , in my case prove a point . 

3 minutes ago, roger2256 said:

If you dont mind me asking , how old are you and where are you from ?? 

Your missing the point of the £20 challenge.  It's not in any way a competition,  no one needs any financial incentive . It's a place to test theories,  a bit of fun , in my case prove a point . 

Hi Roger., I am 69 years old and will be 70 in April.  I was born in Charlton south east London and lived in London for most of my adult life.  I have since retired to the countryside.

I don't miss the point of the £20' it is just that if there was a small prize of say £50 attached to it then a lot more punters would get involved.  I personally am not bothered by prize money but a lot of punters are as can be seen by the success of the naps competition. I am just trying to promote Punters Lounge a little bit, nothing more.

There is nothing complicated about me, I just try to help my fellow punters not to lose their shirts, that's all

One Trixie today for £1.50 = £6.00 outlay with a possible return of £236.63

A  2.30 Ex Fortescue 3/1

B  3.00 Ex Kilcrea Bridge 15/4

C  2.50 Nc Epsom Des Mottes 4/1

Singles:

2.30 Ex Fortescue £3 win at 3/1

3.00 Ex Klcrea Bridge £3 win at 15/4

3.20 Nc Epsom des Mottes £3 win at 4/1

5.00 Sou  Red Stripes £1 win at 8/1

5.00 Sou You’re Cool £1 win at 6/1

3.50 Nc Ted Veale £1.00 win at 12/1

7.30 Nc Karalini £1.00p win at 20/1

Total singles stakes £14.00  

Total stakes  = £20.00

Daily results update:

Complete wash out on singles yesterday therefore a £20 loss

B/wd - £163.58 less £20.00 = £183.58 C/Fwd

“When placing a bet on a selection, never take SP and, always bear in mind that to make a profit, in the long run, the WINNERS have to pay for the LOSERS.”  Always remember that if every favourite won the bookies would go out of business so don’t be afraid to oppose them.

My e/w lucky fifteen effort today is,

NAVAN, 14.40. MINX TIARA

""""""" , 15.10. YOUNG TED

""""""" , 16.10. GREY ATLANTIC WAY

""""""" , 16.40. CAPPACURRY ZAK

Edited by Fred Crick
Wrongly wrote first name of selected horse

18 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Is there any chance of you adding a financial incentive to the £20 challenge to make it more interesting?

No, why do you need an incentive??

its just for fun but your doing your best to ruin it by continually questioning everything.

Just enjoy it just or stick to your betfair forum, its like you don't trust anyone who might be making it pay.