NAPs Comp - Saturday 23rd Dec

jinxy

200 Newcastle

Catchthemoonlight EW 9/1 Betfair

I'm backing this one as I have been waiting for her to run ever since she caught my eye at Carlisle when third over a longer trip, she just didnt quite last up the stiff finish, she has been entered twice since but been foiled by the weather and I like the fact she drops back to 2 miles here, 9/1 is great value, (8/1 in most spots).

• BillyHills changed the title to NAPs Comp - Saturday 23rd Dec

Ascot 3.00 Ptit Zig @ 20/1 bet365 e/w thanks 

Ptit Zig.....from Paul Nicholls yard who also saddles Frodon with Bryony Frost in saddle but stable jockey Sam Twiston-Davies is on Ptit Zig a 8yo who has jumping issues but Paul has been running him last season in races in France and here wither he's looking to build confidence back in horse as his two runs this season a hurdle race at Wetherby and a chase at Taunton both races been in small fields with Harry Cobden in saddle both races ,

He made a satisfactory return to chasing nine days ago when 3rd of 4 runners beaten by two top horses from Nicky Henderson yard he was 7.75 lengths behind winner Top Notch and 4.5 lengths behind 2nd place Josses Hill , So his form may be better than these races suggest as he has won five hurdle races and five chases from 2m to 3m 1f on ground varying from good to yielding , The yard put the blinkers on for first time 9 race ago in France in 3m hurdle race which he won and have been on ever since