** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PL2 I - The season begins

Jezza

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL2 I - The season begins As long as someone is a member of the PL I have no objection to them playing. That said, I do look at the PL league games differently to other MTT's i play, Its much more of a social fun experience ................... Its entertaining to watch as the comments fly back and forth. I also like playing against the people who post on the board as it makes it more fun when you knock them out laugh4.gif Basically although, - like any other game- I am trying to win, its not the only aspect to the games. Its great to see a lot of new posters on the board recently who will be taking part in the league bigokay.gif Hopefully as the league progresses there will be more joining in as well.crossfingers.gif But if we were to get a sudden influx of people who don't post on the PL............. and don't even know what it is, then you could end up being at a table where you have no idea who anyone is and then it just becomes a tournament like any other ........................... In that position you might as well just log on any website and choose the first $10 MTT you can find. I don't want it to appear like I am trying to discourage new members, I'm not. I would just prefer that the league tournaments were for PL members (whether 1 post or 10,000 posts) rather than artificially boosting the prize fund with people who are just wanting to play a tournament that day, though admittedly some of these people may become regular posters ............. so i can see that side of it ohwell.gif Anyway thats my 2p's worth, but as usual I'll go along with what the majority decide happy.gif ....................... my screen name didn't come about by accident laugh4.gif

Re: PL2 I - The season begins No problem paul, we just get to practice different retorts when someone asks for the password. My favourite is still the one posted by slapdash on the first freerole thread If we get asked for the password, how about an Airplane style: "What's the password?" "It's the secret string of characters you have to type in to join the tournament." :lol ahhhhhhhh ............. Still raises a chuckle :rollin :rollin

Re: PL2 I - The season begins Just downloaded the Ladbrokes software and was having a look at the site before the season kicks off on Sunday. Found the table ok so just waiting for the password and I'll register.:ok For some reason I thought I would watch a no limit cash game where the big boys were playing. $25/50 blinds with 4 players on the table with banks ranging from $4000 upto $12000. Watched one hand with the pot going up to $18000 between two players! Both had full houses, unfortunately one had kings full of 4's while the other had kings full of tens cleaning out his opposition - ouch! I'm a long way of playing for those kind of stakes and glad of it:lol

Re: PL2 I - The season begins Is the password gunna be shown in a post on here or e-mailed? If the password is to be posted here what's stopping a Ladbrokes lurcher from guessing the name of the forum from the tournament name in the hunt for the password. There's no risk of any Mackems doing that like, unless there's a boat load of them accumilating the 1 brain cell of course.

Re: PL2 I - The season begins Surely if they do come across the PL they would have to register first to look at any of the forums and would have no time, as they usually ask for the password just before it kicks off, cant see them bothering when there are plenty of other tourneys to play.

Re: PL2 I - The season begins In 9 CE the Romans Legions XVII, XVIII, and XIX as well as six cohorts and three squadrons of cavalry were nearly wiped out to the man. The Germanic tribe, the Cherusci as well as allies of theirs lead by ARMINIUS were responsible. Tis I there is a tipstar imposter on Laddies angry.gif

Re: PL2 I - The season begins Joined up Ladbrokes to play tonight then after they accepted my deposit they wouldn't let me transfer the cash to my poker account and stated that i wasn't allowed to bet at this time !! I was miffed to say the least , however i sent them an e-mail asking what the problem was. In the reply they said as i opened up an account using switch they needed proof that i was over 18 and that i could fax them the details , which was nice of them but unfortunately i have no access to a fax machine . My gripe is that if they needed proof of age then why not stipulate that at the registration stage!! , i have opened up many accounts with other betting sites and this is the first time this has happened. I have sent another e-mail asking if i can withdraw the cash using switch and then deposit using Visa-card and am currently waiting for an answer. I they still need proof then they can stick their site up their arse sideways:o

Re: PL2 I - The season begins After 2nd e-mail and withdrawing funds , surprise surprise they now tell me there should never have been a problem and to try again. I did and hey presto i'm in:clap Guess who's first out tonight;)