** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Monthly Naps Comp - Wednesday 15th March 2017

2.50 Cheltenham 

TOMBSTONE @ 4/1 Skybet 

"The form of last years Supreme is rock solid with Tombstone finishing behind Altior, Buveur D'Air and Min. Since then he has beat former champion hurdle winner Jezki so a mark of 149 should hold no fears. Has done his winning on soft and heavy but showed enough on this type of ground last year to suggest it won't be a problem today. The Elliott stable are in flying with three winners yesterday and won this race last year.

2.10 Cheltenham - RSA Chase

Favourite Might Bight has been on the drift for a while and there is the question whether Cheltenham is his track. We’ll find out soon. His Kempton performance (until the fall) was huge, so one should not underestimate him and his price goes in a direction where it could become tempting to have a little punt.

Alpha Des Obeaux’s bleeding issues when last seen put me off, whereas I feel Royal Vacation is a very decent each-way shout here. But the one I’m most excited about is recent 32 lengths Navan winner Acapella Bourgeois.

Yes, you can argue he got it easy in front that day, the other jockeys were caught napping and the heavy ground had a role to play too. But the way he jumped, the way he pricked ears while jumping the final fence clear by a mile, still only in second gear – you got to be impressed with this still generally lightly raced seven year old.

The faster ground is a question mark, though he was a Grade 2 winner over hurdles on yielding ground. I feel he’s the right type for this race, one who’ll be suited to Cheltenham and its demands, one who won’t go away when it starts to hurt and one who’ll be able to pull out more when the others stop.

Acapella Bourgeois @ 7/1 Skybet