** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Sporting Life - new look

Snoopdog

Am I the only one who can't stand it?

There seems to be a lot less there. Certainly a lot less on the home page. I can't find the "racing calendar", nor the "Naps Table".

I suppose it's "Mobile friendly" - yuk, I use a desktop with monitor and keyboard. Try looking at "Full results" and you'l get worn out scroling down.

Is this progress?

It's absolutely shocking, but the new owners clearly are all about the cash.

Anyway, we got you covered here https://www.punterslounge.com/horse-racing/racecards ;) 

Lots more to come from the Racing section as we grow it, and please let us know what you'd like to see that currently isn't there, as it's still quite new, but uses same feed as Sporting Life and At The Races. :ok 

I've posted this on another thread but here's a link to the old style Life website.......

http://www.sportinglive.co.uk/racing/racecards/

hopefully this will carry on until they've sorted out all the glitches with the new site

As someone who's never owned a mobile phone I don't like this rush to mobile though I feel a bit like a dinosaur. Everywhere is going 'mobile apps' now ............I don't understand how it all works but it always seems to involve squeezing the bit of the page that you want to look at into about a half the area and filling the rest with adverts and general bumf

Edited by Trotter

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I've posted this on another thread but here's a link to the old style Life website.......

hopefully this will carry on until they've sorted out all the glitches with the new site

As someone who's never owned a mobile phone I don't like this rush to mobile though I feel a bit like a dinosaur. Everywhere is going 'mobile apps' now ............I don't understand how it all works but it always seems to involve squeezing the bit of the page that you want to look at into about a half the area and filling the rest with adverts and general bumf

It's because around 70% of their visitors are mobile these days, however, I think a lot of sites are making huge errors neglecting desktop users and even more so, not even bothering about how it looks on tablet (around 5% on average for most sites).

What are your thoughts on our racecards and racing section https://www.punterslounge.com/horse-racing/racecards and what does it need that it currently doesn't have in your eyes?

We already have odds tables that are mobile friendly in them, full form, jockey, trainer, horse profiles with stats, previous results for each race and that links to the actual race in question (unlike ATR), a unique feature of showing the top 3 travelled horses for each meeting, denoted by the horsebox with number above it, explained in the key.

Lots more to come including being able to bet multiples while still being on PL.

I like the front page Sir P .........the first thing I want is just a list of todays races with the numbers of runners in each race. That's what I used to use the Life for because the Post doesn't include number of runners on their race card listing page. I love the feature of showing the favourite's odds on the front page

Basically what I want from that front page is to glance down and pick out 2 or 3 races with not many runners and no odds on favourite

Then I go to the Post site to study those races in depth because they have everything I need

The only 'feature' on the Life that I used was to check the race preview in case I hadn't noticed something and also to use the feature of filtering a horse or trainer's record by 'runs after 60 day plus breaks' ..........the Post don't have that and it's something I value .............although it appears to be missing from the 'new' Life site

Well, I guess the 2 unique things that the Post has that I rely on and pay for !........ are -

firstly the race analysis write up included in every race result

secondly the RPR form and speed ratings for every runner as part of the race results and incorporated into the horse form pages, plus the facility to store your own ratings and comments

If you're looking for suggestions, here's mine. It mainly refers to what's missing from the new look Racing Post.

From RP Homepage,Tips scetion - Tips quotes, who's hot, stats.

From RP Homepage, Race in Focus - Pull down card, with prices and probablity of winning,which I understand to be just an overround contribution to an early betting forecast. Nevertheless, I find it useful as a "value check" in one of my systems.

The Life is now useless as it stands.

Supposed to be adding Stats, ABC Guide, Video form later but really it should not have been dished out like it is.

I would like a page on the results section that has all of them on one page in brief, (just 123, prices, NR's etc..) The RP used to have this but now its three times the size and very hard to look at.

Timeform do a decent job here:

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/results/yesterday

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Well, I guess the 2 unique things that the Post has that I rely on and pay for !........ are -

firstly the race analysis write up included in every race result

secondly the RPR form and speed ratings for every runner as part of the race results and incorporated into the horse form pages, plus the facility to store your own ratings and comments

I'll take a look and see what it involves, but there's nothing we "can't" do, it's just how we do it.

1 hour ago, Snoopdog said:

If you're looking for suggestions, here's mine. It mainly refers to what's missing from the new look Racing Post.

From RP Homepage,Tips scetion - Tips quotes, who's hot, stats.

From RP Homepage, Race in Focus - Pull down card, with prices and probablity of winning,which I understand to be just an overround contribution to an early betting forecast. Nevertheless, I find it useful as a "value check" in one of my systems.

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you provide screenshots/links of exactly what you're talking about there? Then I can be sure 200% sure what it is you're wanting. :ok 

37 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

The Life is now useless as it stands.

Supposed to be adding Stats, ABC Guide, Video form later but really it should not have been dished out like it is.

I would like a page on the results section that has all of them on one page in brief, (just 123, prices, NR's etc..) The RP used to have this but now its three times the size and very hard to look at.

Timeform do a decent job here:

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/results/yesterday

So a more box summarised effect with a link to full result?

Are you saying our current ones here https://www.punterslounge.com/horse-racing/results - there's too much scrolling needed?

The problem with Sportinglife, Oddschecker and Skybet for that matter is they are now all the same company and have come in with a very arrogant attitude. We're personally building an odds comparison to bring back what people wanted in the first place, odds without all the ads. 

You have to have some ads, because you need to make money, but you can do it in a much more user friendly way without being overpowering. 

Oddschecker and Sportinglife are basically saying to their users "Hey, you're gonna use this site anyway, so we don't give a shit"

We're building something far cleaner looking, not only on PL, but the new odds comparison, and other related sites. It's time to show the big boys how it's done and without the arrogance.

4 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

So a more box summarised effect with a link to full result?

Are you saying our current ones here https://www.punterslounge.com/horse-racing/results - there's too much scrolling needed?

yeah thats right.

Our is ok and i don't scrolling so much but it doesn't include the NR's.

I use it for the comps more than anything Paul so maybe not needed by the majority.

Yipp HATE IT!

And the form writing is hard to see, who the fuck decides on a writing font that can hardly be seen, it's also very small 

I always liked clicking on the Jockeys name or horse trainer etc, by doing that it would let you see ALL future rides runners etc, that's not gone, now they send you a fuckin email if you click My Stable

Let me find where the jockey or horse or trainers future is going to be, NOT have me FILTER through yet BLOODY more emails  

They have tweaked and played with things that weren't broken  

Edited by Jimmy2shoes

They should really have made the writing smaller :wall

What next, white writing on a white background :@ tried emailing them but surprise surprise, that isn't working too

Try it. Contact us down the bottom of any page, doesn't work!

Capture.PNG

Edited by Jimmy2shoes

On 2/25/2017, 10:37:54, Trotter said:

Agree the world seems to feel we all have a feckin smart phone, we don't, i bloody hate phones, and even more so all these DIZZY twats that walk about shopping centres with handbag on one stick out arm and other with phone in the air.

chrissy-teigen-high-rise-jeans.jpg

15 minutes ago, Jimmy2shoes said:

Agree the world seems to feel we all have a feckin smart phone, we don't, i bloody hate phones, and even more so all these DIZZY twats that walk about shopping centres with handbag on one stick out arm and other with phone in the air.

chrissy-teigen-high-rise-jeans.jpg

HEY! Not every site is doing that, you seen our racecards on desktop, tablet and mobile? All taken into account, because we have a professional designer. Screw Sportinglife, tell is what you want on PL, we'll provide it and then you don't need them. ;)

As for the girl in the pic - you would though wouldn't you? :loon 

Yes Paul I've seen the race cards, just always found Sporting Life very easy to navigate, i can be a little Grumpy around Change, even the New Look Greggs the bakers looks shite :lol

And don't get me started on the changes to Cars :@

One of the things i LOVED on Sporting Life was being able to click on the Jockeys name and it gives you a list of his future rides, same with Horses and Trainers.

I was OCD with that kind of info and felt is was great ammunition, i would often search for that Jockey that was traveling for that One sole ride, same with Trainers or the Combo.

Sporting Life want us now to add these things in My Stable, but i preferred the old way / system and the reason being was the freedom, i don't want to be adding constant information then checking emails to find out if some horse is running.

That then means you will only find said horse if you are pressing the right buttons :eyes

Remedy - Let Me Look / search in my time,  the My Stable could be a back up option like a Bank of runners you want HIGHLIGHTING FOR THE future, but they have now removed the old feature and i don't think that was a good idea Paul. 

4 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Well as if by magic, we will make that happen for you on PL. :ok All finished with implementing the new design now, so it's full steam ahead with pulling data out of it as you suggested above. ;) 

Anything else you or anyone reading this wants, we'll try and implement everything you ask for. :ok 

Great Stuff 

We do need such assistance if we are to take OVER THE WORLD!

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017‎ ‎10‎:‎37‎:‎54, Trotter said:

Looks like the 'old' site has now been taken down ............ or at least that link no longer works

Sir Puntalot,

<<<

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you provide screenshots/links of exactly what you're talking about there? Then I can be sure 200% sure what it is you're wanting. :ok

>>>

I can't provide screenshots, but this should be very clear:

From OLD Racing Post Homepage:

1. "Tips Section" at lottom left of homepage. Includes Tips, quotes, who's hot, stats.

2." Newspaper Naps Table", linked to (1) - and also apparantly not in the new Sporting Life site either. The SL was better than the RP as it included live prices.

3. The "Race in Focus" section on right had side of homepage. Pull down card for every race - includes prices, probablity of winning and number of tips.

Thanks,