Football Acca

Rivilearner

good day all, i have gone through a lot of post and systems and i find them quite interesting. i find more interesting the ELO Rating on this forum which have being quite consistent. Though i will like to ask how do i select good games that i will include in my accumulator, and is there any system where i can find good Under/ Over Tips on this forum.

More than one team is best. I tried to get an accumulator once with one team in it only and after two hours and five phone calls Paddy Power ended up banning me.

There are many ways to pick your teams but the best in my experience is to blindfold a pet, say a dog or a budgie, and then leave your phone or laptop in their kennel/cage a few days and hey presto! You've just placed a five fold bet for a stake of seventeen grand. Sorted.

Edited by andrewcalo

It's not sustainable due to the permutations.

I stick to doubles and trebles maximum if that. Singles will make you the most money.

If I do place an acca, it would be a 4 fold with avg odds around 1.60-1.80. Sometimes a combo of win/BTTS or win/Over or Under.

Just remember, the odds exist for a reason.

Yeah always look at the odds and question them. It took me ages to figure that one out.

I personally find that ELO ratings fluctuate a lot from the end result, though as a guide they are great for confirming a suspicion. For example, lots of people were for West Ham last week home to West Brom. I thought a draw much more likely. The ELO ratings helped me decide on that.

• 2 weeks later...

@Rivilearner I like a little acca on the side, it's a bad vice i know but i've won a few with odds between 30 and 80 (lost 95% of course), betting between 2 to 20 euros, and between 4 to 8/9 matchs, depending if i include a few double chance or Draw no bet, or even a few draws to raise the odds..

I know there is no point of doing accas, that i'm going to lose, i don't mind, it's a lottery ticket, i just like to play them, it's a vice ;-), i've had so many times 7 or 8 matchs good out of 9, always loosing on the last one (lately Liverpool, City, Napoli and Lyon made me lose a few good accas)...

If you bet accordingly, IMO it's perfectly right and quite funny to do 1 or 2 acca on the side... But it's been years that i try to find a good system, but never found one.. I've just lost so many accas during ages, that time after time you improve a bit, it took me years to learn how to stick with reasonable odds on my accas, go on 4 games and not 5, not putting my beloved teams in them (i still put PSG and monaco for months in every of my accas, lol), but they cost almost nothing, and a good win every month or two month cover easily the cost of these "irrational" bets..

And who knows, i know one day the planets will be aligned, it's been so close so many times... So don't hesitate to share your point of view on your next accas!

Edited by DrBetter

I would love a topic where we could trade our lists of potential games which could fit in an accas the week end.. do a kind of playlist, argue, comment, praise the winners (with screenshots of course)

This week, some matchs could go well in an acca, i wouldn't take any risks this week, but it's tempting:

PSG + Real + St Etienne+ Lazio + Liverpool... total odds at 12. 

That would be nice to put something on it, but not a good feeling this week. You could even add: Double chance Celta Vigo 2N + Double chance Sampdoria 2N... that's for the 5 big leagues ont this week, nothing else really tempting or with a good value..

So I don't know if someone want to make a topic, only on the 5 big leagues, from trebbles to 8 or 9 games combined... it will be just for fun, no ROI expectation here.. Just trying to hit something

Edited by DrBetter

On 15/02/2017, 07:46:04, andrewcalo said:

I heard there is an old man at the top of a mountain in Tibet who has a proven system. His name's John, if that helps.

Not to be confused with Jihadi John who used to live at the top of a mountain in Afghanistan with a different system that wasn't very proven!

1 hour ago, DrBetter said:

I would love a topic where we could trade our lists of potential games which could fit in an accas the week end.. do a kind of playlist, argue, comment, praise the winners (with screenshots of course)

@StevieDay1983 Do you think a topic dedicated to accas (mostly above trebles) would work in the back to the net section in the middle of european leagues? This post here is maybe enough for starter?

Maybe there is no real public for it i don't know...?!  But if you do one, i'd love to share on it, only if @andrewcalo don't consider these accas in his stats on PL and european leagues ;-) ... By the way, thanks for doing that, i'll try to keep up with my current score.. and it's nice to track not only PL but i know it's a lot of work! ;-)

Edited by DrBetter

Hi guys,

I think a thread dedicated to accas would be very popular actually. Like I've said before, not everyone has the cash to lump on £50 or more, certainly the majority don't.

As for the ELO Ratings, I'm thinking they also need their own thread or even forum - open for discussion. The ratings were devised by me around 15 or so years ago, and they are alarmingly accurate at times, but of course can only be a guide. They are appearing confusing to some and my explanation could definitely be a lot better, so it sounds like a dedicated section on them on the forum would be a good idea, so I can answer any queries. :ok 

ACCA thread sounds great. I personally love to win on an acca, I've had an 8 fold bet of £17 make me 30K, a ten fold come in, a couple of other 8 folds...7 fold last September made me 1500 - that was only £15 on.

But you need to bet smart.

Most of them will lose. Rules of the game. Bookies are cunts lol

Yesterday, I had a six fold, a five fold, and a four fold. All lost by one result.

Separate thread for the weekly ACCA?

Someone else do it! @DrBetter?

Edited by andrewcalo

31 minutes ago, andrewcalo said:

Separate thread for the weekly ACCA?

Someone else do it! @DrBetter?

Not sure someone quite new here like me is the right person to do it... :D  @StevieDay1983 ? I like how you do a sum up each time for every league, push for feedbacks, that's why i like so much the 5 big leagues topics... Or maybe @Sir Puntalot ? @andrewcalo seems to me you're also an accas enthusiast, wanna do it? Or too much work with those stats? :D If nobody want to start it, let me know, i'll try to do my best..!

Agreed for separate thread each week btw, sounds good and easier to deal with and to become a popular topic... 

Edited by DrBetter