** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps Comp - Sunday Jan 29th

Sedgefield 3:50 : Theatre Act @ 16/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Theatre Act....from the Chris Grant yard the ex jockey now trainer with wife runs this 6yo who's been successful in two hurdle races at 2m 1f and 2m 4f on good and soft ground which came at start of this season in October and November last year both runs at Carlisle ,

Those wins saw her mark go up to 103 from 95 and yard gave her another two runs before end of year which saw two 5th place finishes at Market Rasen and Newcastle both 2m 4f GS and Soft , She's now had a wee break of 43 days and yard had time to work on stamina and fitness with that extra weight rise ,

She's ran here five times and has been placed 4 times with a 2nd and 3rd over today's distance , The yard bring Brian Hughes back in to ride and was in saddle for those two wins and runs off 101 today down 2lbs for that last 5th place run

2.30 Leopardstown: Arkle Novice Chase (G1)

I totally get why Identity Thief is the "hype horse" here and no doubt his record makes for impressive reading. I also wouldn't read too much into his last run when pulled up. Nonetheless it is a slight concern, so is the good ground today. I feel he is best suited so rain softened underfoot conditions but then he might easily stuff my mouth if he bolts up today.

Anyway, the Arkle is quite an open and intriguing race and the slight concerns over the favourite do bring the other three rivals right into the game. 

De Bromehead's nine year old Some Plan is two from three over fences and has only 2lb to find on the ratings and the one race he didn't win he fell and we never know how close he would have gone. Still early days in his chasing career but he already looks a better chaser than hurdler and no doubt there's more improvement likely to come.

The grey Blue Et Rouge is the youngest challenger in the race and looks to have plenty of ability. A winner of a solid Beginners Chase at Leopardstown over Christmas, he left a lasting impression on me. Truth told his jumping wasn't the best that day, though he was badly hampered two out by a faller and it was impressive how quickly he made up lost ground to jump the final fence on par eventually. Once clearing the last he produced a fine turn of foot to win with plenty in hand. 

Willie Mullins also saddles nine year old Royal Cavalier. A solid sort in his own right and a good jumper, but he has a bit to find with his three rivals. 

At given prices I do fancy Blue Et Rouge to be thereabouts in the finish. The drop in trip doesn't concern me personally, given he showed plenty of pace the other day. He acts on track anf ground quite clearly and should have learned plenty from his first outing over fences. He looks an incredibly exciting prospect. 

Blue Et Rouge @ 7/2 PP

18 hours ago, bluemal said:

Sedgefield 3:50 : Theatre Act @ 16/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Theatre Act....from the Chris Grant yard the ex jockey now trainer with wife runs this 6yo who's been successful in two hurdle races at 2m 1f and 2m 4f on good and soft ground which came at start of this season in October and November last year both runs at Carlisle ,

Those wins saw her mark go up to 103 from 95 and yard gave her another two runs before end of year which saw two 5th place finishes at Market Rasen and Newcastle both 2m 4f GS and Soft , She's now had a wee break of 43 days and yard had time to work on stamina and fitness with that extra weight rise ,

She's ran here five times and has been placed 4 times with a 2nd and 3rd over today's distance , The yard bring Brian Hughes back in to ride and was in saddle for those two wins and runs off 101 today down 2lbs for that last 5th place run

Great Stuff and awesome write up as per :ok