Midweek > Dec 20th & 21st

bundesligaratings.jpg.bb1608de5c637e71ec

All eyes are on that Bayern Munich versus RB Leipzig game this Wednesday. Who is going to be brave and lead the tips for that? I'm going to be a bit of a coward and back a solid home win. 2-0 I think. These are the last fixtures in the Bundesliga before their winter break so a win for either side will give them a huge psychological advantage.

@sajtion, @Neubs, @johnabpd, @Simeon Borisof, @WinningAdvice, @discipline and @bet man, I am also keen to hear what you lads are looking at for these games.

bundesliga is pathetic at the moment and you can't bank on favorite team getting a solid 2-0 win anymore. all the supposedly top teams are out of form and lowly teams are scraping results. there is just too many draws swirling around in this league. i think bayern v leipzig should be open attacking games and i hope it finishes with few goals. i'm not betting on it though. the lazy players are already on christmas holidays so that's a liability to me. i'm skipping it 

Edited by sajtion

Not a big fan of games right before Christmas either. Players already dreaming about the nice beaches they are going to be at during the winter break... 

The only thing I like is Dortmund to bounce back at home against Augsburg after the recent disappointments in the league vs Cologne and Hoffenheim. I'm sure they will be very inclined to get a win after what they thought was terrible ruling by the referee in Hoffenheim. I also liked how they came back against Hoffenheim with 10 men. 

Bayern couldn't score more than once against Darmstadt and Leipzig is a tough nut to crack. Definitely staying away from that one.

Dortmund has no room for new grading losses because it lagged far behind the top, the Augsburg is improved in the last match can be difficult for teams, today Dortmund expect to get the win, but the defense absences and instability is weak
BORUSSIA DORTMUND vs FC AUGSBURG @@ Both team to score, odds 2.00

Strong teams with quality solutions, I expect an open game with many goals and to score both teams scored, odds is valueable
EINTRACHT FRANKFURT vs FSV MAINZ @@ Both team to score, odds 1.85

Hamburger SV v Schalke 04

Hamburger SV: Adler (10/0 first goalkeeper), Holtby (11/0 m, suspended)

Schalke 04: Reese (2/0 f), Geis (12/0 m)(both doubtful),Coke (0/0 d), Naldo (13/0 d, suspended), Nastasić (11/0 d), Uchida (0/0 d), Di Santo (6/0 d), Embolo (7/2 f), Huntelaar (7/1 f)

Mönchengladbach v VfL Wolfsburg

Mönchengladbach: Jantschke (12/0 d, doubtful), Doucouré (0/0 d), Herrmann (6/0 m), Johnson (12/1 m), Kramer (13/0 m), M. Schulz (0/0 m), Traoré (7/0 m)

VfL Wolfsburg: Bruno Henrique (7/0 m, doubtful), Schäfer (4/0 d), Wollscheid (3/0 d), Azzaoui (0/0 m), Didavi (6/2 m)

Real Sociedad v Real Valladolid

Real Sociedad: Carlos Martínez (10/0 d), Navas (12/0 d), Bergara (4/0 m), Granero (4/0 m), Agirretxe (0/0 f), Bautista (2/1 f)

Real Valladolid: Moyano (19/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Hamburg-Schalke

For me here Hamburg can´t win this. Schalke - for sure with a lot of missings. But Morale in the squad is very good. Running more then Freiburg at the weekend and last seasons in Home Games after a 0:1 back against a team like Freiburg, they didn´t have shown such a performance like last Weekend. So this is in my eyes positive. And even if Schalke have lot´s of missings, there Starting XI is really good, specially i expected not much rotation today and that is a point for Schalke, because i didn´t expected this by Hamburg also. So not Plus Point for Hamburg, even if the will rotation, the players who coming in for Hamburg are not on the same level.
Hamburg today welcome back Captain Djourou after suspension and maybe he can replace Spahic. But both have the same Problems. They are not the fastest defenders and against Schalkes quick offensive Players: Bentaleb, Meyer, Konoplyanka i see here some problems. Also Holtby are again suspended.
So on Schalke side they have no new missings, but there missings specially in Front are big:
Naldo, Nastasic, Embolo, Huntelaar, di Santo and Uchida are missing and thats only that players who for me are important or can be important. Choupo Mouting are doubtful and i think he can play, even as a substitute player, but this will give Schalke another Boost. And there is no Game after this left, this year - so maybe Schalke made the risk and bring him from begin.
If Schalke made rotation then i see it on Left Back, where Baba made a good game - after coming in against Freiburg for Kolasinac. So you see, they can let a Player from Chelsea on the Bench who are made a superb Bundesliga Job in his former Club Augsburg.
Hamburg lost last Game against Mainz and after they lead 1:0, they made some terrible mistakes and playing a bad defensive performance. So they deserved this 1:3 lost. Also they not looking good in defensive by shoots from out of the box and by fast counters. So Schalke have Player Material for both scenarios. Geiss, Bentaleb, Schoepf, Goretzka for shooting from distance and fast counter players like, Bentaleb, Baba (if he play), Meyer....
So also you must see that Schalke is only in Mid-Table with a 5-3-7 Bilance, but it´s coming also from a terrible season start without a win in first 5 Games. I will play here the DNB - not looking on the away Bilance.
Schalke away with 1-2-4, but playing in Leipzig, Frankfurt, Dortmund, Hoffenheim and Berlin. All teams who are really strong at home and in this season in Form. So Schalke made a win against Wolfsburg and a Draw against Augsburg - who i would set acutally a little bit over the quality of Hamburg. So for me here:

Schalke DNB @ 1.80 4/10 betfair

Frankfurt-Mainz

Kovac made a brilliant Job in Frankfurt and they deserved acutally the 6th Position in League. But today they have huge Derby against Mainz. This means it will be special and i think here for a both2score.
Reason are simple, Mainz a really good in Offensive, with players like Cordoba, Malli and de Balsis. Also they have scored in last Game in Frankfurt, this was after Kovac take in Charge by Frankfurt and so they know how it´s will be playing today. For sure the defensive is actually much better on Frankfurt Side but for me today there are some risks in Frankfurt Squad. Chandler are coming back after suspension. So think he will play, so we have Chandler, Abraham, the young Vallejo and Hasebe in Central Defender Position - who is normaly not his position. But with Chandler and Abraham 2 players who are in such a Derby are a risk for a red card - by theire Temperament and also Vallejo, who is Spanish and also in some Games made some terrible Misstakes.
On other Side i expected Meier back in Front for Frankfurt, who is everytime a boost for Frankfurt i think - specially in Home Games. And i think for sure Frankfurt can score at Home against Mainz - who are not the best defenders by becoming 27 goals against them, but there offensive for me is better then Frankfurt. Also a little fact here, is that they know the situation from a Mid-Week Game better, then Frankfurt after they playing Euro League this year, where Frankfurt have not much Players whith such experience.
So for me Both2Score possible and i will take a small bet on Mainz here, because it´s just a feeling that they are much closer a Away Win like odds said.

Both2Score - Yes @ 1.90 4/10 betfair
Mainz DNB @ 2.40 2/10 interwetten

4 hours ago, Neubs said:
Schalke DNB @ 1.80 4/10 >betfair
Both2Score - Yes @ 1.90 4/10 >betfair
Mainz DNB @ 2.40 2/10 interwetten

Frankfurt FT 3:0
Mainz deserved at least minimum 1 Goal.
Schalke FT 1:2
Tough Game and with little bit luck it ends in a Draw, but this result seems to be ok.
Would play both bet´s again, have only little bit unluck...

2 minutes ago, sajtion said:

i was right to skip this league it's appalling at the moment. i don't know what has happened to bundesliga because the level of quality has dropped. 

No i don´t see it so, the quality has not dropped, but i think the league is very closer and there are actually only one team (Darmstadt) who are missing Performances for Bundesliga 1. Look at Champions League and Euro League where German Teams are not the weakest teams. Specially in Champions League.

don't try to justify it it's just crap and even borussia dortmund failed to justify their 1.30 odds. the better sides are just on wrong end of the table and have no consistency at all. it's more to do with quality that anything else.

Edited by sajtion

Top battle in the Bundesliga. LEIPZIG is not negligible group and not at random in position lying, Bayern Munich is well and seem to struggle in the last match to clean. I think both teams have good offensive lines, I expect to score both teams
FC BAYERN MUNICH vs RB LEIPZIG @@ Both team to score, odds 1.90

Both aggressive groups, the Hoffenheim creates phases with great comfort in the home, and the Bremen group scored a huge consequence having stayed in only zero in the premiere
TSG 1899 HOFFENHEIM vs WERDER BREMEN @@ Both team to score, odds 1.55