** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UK Weekend > Dec 1st - 5th

champratings.jpg.d1b80451ad8cdb8b222300a

league2ratings.jpg.de94955d39833683154d6

splratings.jpg.83fa95a4828a7ed4c447601af

A bumper weekend of FA Cup, Championship, League 2, SPL, and NIP action coming up!

@allyhibs, you tempted by any Championship fixtures this time around?

@skyblues88, you are digging out some educated bets lately. Fancy your boys to beat Cambridge and reach the 3rd Round for the first time since the 2013/14 season?

@gogetta, looking at you for some bets on those two League 2 matches. Maybe a couple of the FA Cup games as well!

@Kenton Schweppes, it will be interesting to see how your lads do this weekend. A bit surprised you're underdogs against Blackburn to be honest. Think you're worthy of a draw at least but should be favourites.

Sutton v Cheltenham

I have had this game marked as a possible upset since the draw has made although at first glance a 6-0 thumping at the hands of Dover isn't exactly ideal preparation going into this game. Manager Paul Doswell clearly views this game as being more important however as he made 6 changes from the team who beat Aldershot 2-0 on Saturday. Going down to ten-men after going a goal up also didn't help matters. I have written plenty about Sutton's dreadful away form in recent weeks, but their home form has been superb and that Dover loss was only their 3rd at home this season and prior to that game they had only conceded 8 goals in 11 games. I thought Cheltenham were fortunate to win a poor National League last season, but even I didn't think they would be doing as badly as they are in League 2. Currently in the relegation zone they have only won 3 league games all season. They haven't won in five games either and I don't think they will fancy this at all on Sutton's 3g pitch. Marathon go a big looking 59/25 about a home win.

Bristol Rovers v Barrow

Onto Sunday's games and I think Barrow are a big price to cause an upset at League 1 Bristol Rovers. As I have highlighted Barrow are on a long unbeaten run which now stands at 20 games after a top quality 4-1 win at Dagenham last weekend. That win highlighted the point I made a few weeks ago about them being a big price to win the league and I am amazed you can still get double figures. If you haven't added them to your ante-post portfolio then I suggest they are still worth adding. Bristol Rovers don't come into this game in the best of form having won just two of their last eight league matches and it is worth remembering that Chesham beat them in the FA Cup last season. Obviously it is no gimmie, but odds off 15/2 (various) really do under estimate Barrow's chances of causing an upset and I think they are more than capable of winning.

Woking v Accrington

Woking are still a little inconsistent, but there are beginning to put in the type of performances that show they can survive in the National League this season and they might well be able to make the FA Cup 3rd Round as well. It was an impressive performance to beat Gateshead 3-0 last weekend and that should give them confidence going into this game especially as Accrington come into this game in dreadful form. To be fair they did manage to cause an upset themselves in the previous round when beating Bradford, but they have only won once in the league in their last ten matches. At 33/10 (Marathon) Woking look a sporting play to cause an upset.

Championship: Nottingham Forest - Newcastle United

Incredibly, given they lead the Championship, United lost at home for the third time this season last weekend, they also lost at Hull City on penalties in midweek in the League Cup with a much changed team, but it is only about getting back to the Premier League for the Magpies. On the road they are 7-1-1 and have been scoring at the rate of two per game, they seem happier away, where they get a little more freedom and teams are not raising their game playing in famous old St James' Park, the biggest stadium and crowd many Championship players will have faced.

Forest can only really play one way, their games have produced an average of 3.56 goals (1.05 above the divisional mean) and they are urged forward by the crowd here and are too gung ho at times. Both teams have scored in the last 11 Championship games at the City Ground and, in all competitions, they have not kept a clean sheet in 14 , conceding 2.0 per game and allowing 3+ on five occasions ( 35.7%). Given that percentage and that United are top scorers in the Championship and will probably need 2+ goals to win, the visitors look good value at 3.50-3.60 (circa 28%) to score three or more.

The hosts do not have many "going" days, but are coming off two , back to back road wins scoring seven goals, when they do, they can be unstoppable, but usually for 30-45 minutes, not 90 ! This should be entertaining.

Newcastle United to score three of more 3.50-3.60 general quote...........there is 3.70 in places.

"over" 3 goals 2.40 asian line/Sportmarket

from Clubgowi newsletter

I'm sticking to outright winners here. Firstly, I'm staying clear of the FA Cup as always. It's a bloody lottery and the odds don't make it worthwhile. I can see Cardiff beating Brighton. We are a very difficult side to play under Warnock now. We lack that little bit of quality but we're improving with every game. I think it's the sort of game we could win. Tempted to back a draw between Leeds and Aston Villa. Reading and Derby are also two teams to back on the road. Superb recent form by both of them.

On 12/1/2016, 9:24:11, StevieDay1983 said:

@allyhibs, you tempted by any Championship fixtures this time around?

2 aways this week Stevie;

Derby look like a team on the up under McLaren and i think will beat a poor Wigan side comfortably, odds of 13/10 are just about enough for me.

You'll know more about Cardiff than i do but the table doesn't lie, second top to beat second bottom, Brighton @ 7/5 i think have to be backed.

As a rule, i don't touch cup games.

Looking at all the fixtures together, there are 3 teams who look overpriced to me;

Chelsea @ 5/2, Reading @ 3/1, Aberdeen @ 5/2.

A Double Chance treble pays 7/2, could pay for christmas :loon

On 12/1/2016, 12:24:11, StevieDay1983 said:

@gogetta, looking at you for some bets on those two League 2 matches. Maybe a couple of the FA Cup games as well!

English League Two:

Stevenage vs Doncaster Rovers

Despite their current mid-table position (14th), Stevenage are currently on form  with three wins and a draw in the last four games. They are coming from a 2-1 win away to Portsmouth, arguably their most impressive win of the season. In a match where they were largely dominated, they again displayed their current resilience and were deadly in front of goal. Dominant centre-forward Matt Godden has had a run of five goals in seven games and has been rewarded with a new 2-year contract this week. But most of Stevenage's recent points were earned away, while notably conceding goals at home. This is the first of two games in hand, both of which the team seeks to win in order to improve their placing ahead of the Christmas schedule.

Doncaster Rovers have plenty of momentum and motivation ahead of this tie. A win will open up an eight-point cushion over fourth-placed Portsmouth. With Carlisle and Plymouth engaged in FA Cup ties this weekend, Doncaster will also jump to the top of the table with a win here. Further, Manager Darren Ferguson is also keen for his team to maintain the current momentum and also achieving four straight league wins for the first time in his Rovers reign. Doncaster have scored 12 goals but conceded 9 in the last five league matches.

So, we have two highly motivated teams; both on form, scoring but conceding. BTTS and Over 2.5 goals.

4 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

2 aways this week Stevie;

Derby look like a team on the up under McLaren and i think will beat a poor Wigan side comfortably, odds of 13/10 are just about enough for me.

You'll know more about Cardiff than i do but the table doesn't lie, second top to beat second bottom, Brighton @ 7/5 i think have to be backed.

As a rule, i don't touch cup games.

Looking at all the fixtures together, there are 3 teams who look overpriced to me;

Chelsea @ 5/2, Reading @ 3/1, Aberdeen @ 5/2.

A Double Chance treble pays 7/2, could pay for christmas :loon

Honestly, people shouldn't under-estimate us against Brighton. It's a long journey between Cardiff and Brighton. Rarely do the away team win in this fixture. We hammered them 4-1 last season and they were in a similar position then. We were in a poor run and playing worse then than we are now as well. At the very least I'd back a draw.

Agree about those over-priced odds. Reading in particular. 5 wins in a row for Jaap Stam's men. The only spanner in the works is that it's like a derby game.

7 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Honestly, people shouldn't under-estimate us against Brighton. It's a long journey between Cardiff and Brighton. Rarely do the away team win in this fixture. We hammered them 4-1 last season and they were in a similar position then. We were in a poor run and playing worse then than we are now as well. At the very least I'd back a draw.

Agree about those over-priced odds. Reading in particular. 5 wins in a row for Jaap Stam's men. The only spanner in the works is that it's like a derby game.

Cheers Stevie, that's good enough for me, will give Brighton a miss.

The odds on Aberdeen are what's getting me, Rangers have to be the most over-rated team in the country, to put it mildly, they're shit. 

10 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Cheers Stevie, that's good enough for me, will give Brighton a miss.

The odds on Aberdeen are what's getting me, Rangers have to be the most over-rated team in the country, to put it mildly, they're shit. 

.....but still managed to beat Aberdeen. I agree though, it's just because of who they are that's affecting the pricing.

21 hours ago, gogetta said:

English League Two:

Stevenage vs Doncaster Rovers

Despite their current mid-table position (14th), Stevenage are currently on form  with three wins and a draw in the last four games. They are coming from a 2-1 win away to Portsmouth, arguably their most impressive win of the season. In a match where they were largely dominated, they again displayed their current resilience and were deadly in front of goal. Dominant centre-forward Matt Godden has had a run of five goals in seven games and has been rewarded with a new 2-year contract this week. But most of Stevenage's recent points were earned away, while notably conceding goals at home. This is the first of two games in hand, both of which the team seeks to win in order to improve their placing ahead of the Christmas schedule.

Doncaster Rovers have plenty of momentum and motivation ahead of this tie. A win will open up an eight-point cushion over fourth-placed Portsmouth. With Carlisle and Plymouth engaged in FA Cup ties this weekend, Doncaster will also jump to the top of the table with a win here. Further, Manager Darren Ferguson is also keen for his team to maintain the current momentum and also achieving four straight league wins for the first time in his Rovers reign. Doncaster have scored 12 goals but conceded 9 in the last five league matches.

So, we have two highly motivated teams; both on form, scoring but conceding. BTTS and Over 2.5 goals.

Bet Won: Stevenage 3-4 Doncaster

Premier League: Bournemouth - Liverpool

We spoke so much last season about the open nature of Bournemouth home games, we have not seen that to quite the same level this season. but that has more to do with how teams have set up when arriving at Dean Court, Manchester United came here and played their part in a four goal thriller and we know 100% that Liverpool will not be coming to sit back, it is simply not in their DNA under Jurgen Klopp. The Cherries went toe to toe with Arsenal at the Emirates last weekend and were in things and gave as good as they got for 90 + minutes and will need no second invitation to get forward this afternoon. No Coutinho for the visitors, but Lallana and Firminho should be fit to play. Andrew Surman remains out for Bournemouth and whilst we have not seen it yet, the defensive midfielder (ever present for over 25 months since joining until October) is very important to them and his absence will be felt today with Liverpool so good at pressing and moving the ball quickly. BTS , Liverpool to win.

over 3 goals 2.13 asian line/Sportmarket

Both teams to score and Liverpool to win 3.10-3.25 general quote

from Clubgowi newsletter

15 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Sorry no tips or opinions this week, judging by today's selections, that's maybe not a bad thing.

Had Brighton for a start off, which was a crap selection, in fact did anybody win anything this weekend? Judging by the results today probably not. Only Derby offered a good value win today.

I did not too badly;

My Double Chance treble lost but my single on Derby gave me a tidy profit, then i put the lot on Arsenal :beer

Darmstadt-Hamburg

I´ve watched both Darmstadt Games of Full Time and there performances against Ingolstadt and Schalke was really bad. Think Meier - coach of Darmstadt - is the next one who will be sacked in the league. On other Side, Hamburg with little trends up - in last Games. Drawing last 2 Games with 2-2 and both games with better performances then they have played in other games. Also Coach Gisdol only talk positive about the performances in last 2 games. Specially the Fact that Gregoritsch now playing Forward is a good scenario from Gisdol. He is in good Form and today they welcome back Wood after suspension. Think he will sit on the bench, after Gregoritsch showing good Performances last Games. Also there Main Transfer in Sumer - Kostic are coming better in Form. So the trend is positive in Hamburg and the squad also, specially the offensive Performances from both teams are defintily against Darmstadt. For me here Hamburg are Favorites. It´s time for there first Win.

Hamburg @ 2.70 3/10 bet365

Sorry I missed the post. Just got back from Cambridge. 

Worst Coventry performance i've ever seen, absolute shambles. I wouldn't touch us with a bargepole at the minute. Players don't care. Fans very vocal to getting rid of Mark Venus and the owners, the club is a mess. Until the owners are gone the club will continue to be a shambles. Fair play to Cambridge, probably should have been 7 or 8. Luke Berry took his goals well. Big lad up front for them (Ikpeazu) was a handful and caused a lot of problems. 

I didn't have many of the above UK teams this weekend; European sides cost me (A.Madrid, Paris, etc). I did have Milwall and Bristol Rovers today though which also cost me with Bristol Rovers losing to Barrow!  

23 hours ago, Neubs said:

Darmstadt-Hamburg

I´ve watched both Darmstadt Games of Full Time and there performances against Ingolstadt and Schalke was really bad. Think Meier - coach of Darmstadt - is the next one who will be sacked in the league. On other Side, Hamburg with little trends up - in last Games. Drawing last 2 Games with 2-2 and both games with better performances then they have played in other games. Also Coach Gisdol only talk positive about the performances in last 2 games. Specially the Fact that Gregoritsch now playing Forward is a good scenario from Gisdol. He is in good Form and today they welcome back Wood after suspension. Think he will sit on the bench, after Gregoritsch showing good Performances last Games. Also there Main Transfer in Sumer - Kostic are coming better in Form. So the trend is positive in Hamburg and the squad also, specially the offensive Performances from both teams are defintily against Darmstadt. For me here Hamburg are Favorites. It´s time for there first Win.

Hamburg @ 2.70 3/10 >bet365

Sorry for posting in wrong thread... :eyes

FT 0:2 :cheers