** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Premier League > Sep 10th - 12th

epl101112.jpg.dc7ea6fb59493af09a8dedd168

Odds provided by bet365.

After a riotous week (forgive my sarcasm) of international football, it's back to the Premier League this weekend. Some absolute humdinger battles going on here.

Firstly, the Manchester derby! Boom. Keen to hear everyone's thoughts on that. United surely the favourites as the home side and with City missing Aguero?

Secondly, Liverpool versus Leicester will be one to watch. Is anyone backing anything other than a draw? If so, who are you tipping?

I think a surprisingly entertaining game could also come at the Riverside with Middlesbrough versus Crystal Palace.

19 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

epl101112.jpg.dc7ea6fb59493af09a8dedd168

Odds provided by bet365.

After a riotous week (forgive my sarcasm) of international football, it's back to the Premier League this weekend. Some absolute humdinger battles going on here.

Firstly, the Manchester derby! Boom. Keen to hear everyone's thoughts on that. United surely the favourites as the home side and with City missing Aguero?

Secondly, Liverpool versus Leicester will be one to watch. Is anyone backing anything other than a draw? If so, who are you tipping?

I think a surprisingly entertaining game could also come at the Riverside with Middlesbrough versus Crystal Palace.

I think that manchester derby isn't good option for betting.
My tips for this weekend are:
Arsenal -1
Tottenham - 2
Liverpool -1
Chelsea - 1
West Ham United - 1!

Mate, do you agree with me?

I'd say:

Man Utd vs Man City - X, I'd say City tries to avoid losing this, so they go through the defence!

Liverpool vs Leicester - 1 Leicester won't make it that well this season, Liverpool at home, they should win.

West Ham vs Watford - 1 Watford relegates, this a fixture that West Ham should definitely win!

10e for that!

--- Follow own bets with www.sportwatchlive.com ---

3 hours ago, Niceguy said:

I think that manchester derby isn't good option for betting.
My tips for this weekend are:
Arsenal -1
Tottenham - 2
Liverpool -1
Chelsea - 1
West Ham United - 1!

Mate, do you agree with me?

Sorry, just to clarify (I'm sure you've told me this before), are those handicap selections? For example, you expect Arsenal to win by 2 goals or more? If that is the case then that's not a bad shout. Tottenham might be the one sticking point given how none of their strikers fancy scoring right now but Stoke are shambolic right now.

19 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Sorry, just to clarify (I'm sure you've told me this before), are those handicap selections? For example, you expect Arsenal to win by 2 goals or more? If that is the case then that's not a bad shout. Tottenham might be the one sticking point given how none of their strikers fancy scoring right now but Stoke are shambolic right now.

No mate, my tips for these matches are only singles, not Asian handicap, if you understand me. But, if you want, I'll share odds from mollybet with Asian handicap for this round of Premier league. You can look odds on the screenshot. I hope that helps you.

fgsgdf.png

two week break for all teams usually means they are gonna have a well laid out plan for their games. i think best way to go this weekend is with draws and i can definitelly see a few of them.

my picks would be draws in following matches

west ham  v watford

middlesbrough v crystal palace

stoke v tottenham

man utd v man city

Out of curiosity, to see whether the international break has any effect on favorites, I went back and looked at the WC qualifiers in 2012-13, to see whether, on aggregate, favorites in Europe do better or worse before and after the break.

I dug around and ended up counting results for EPL, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Russia, Turkey, Italy, Netherlands.

The week before the break: A fair number of wins away by underdogs of up to 4.99, but just as many draws, actually. 22-22-28 by dogs at that price range. Home dogs of up to 4.99, draws.

The week after was striking...away dogs fared very poorly, suggesting that the best sides come back from the break in good shape. But when the dogs played at home, they managed draws to an absurd degree. 7-19-30, 34% draws, entire range of odds.

I'd always heard people say that you should show caution when teams return from international breaks, but what I found was a smaller than normal number of wins by dogs, a very good performance by favorites at home, and a very high percentage of home dogs managing to get a point on the return.

Edited by allthethings

Hey guys,

Premier League seems to be highly unpredictable atm, that's why I'm going with small stakes. I feel Arsenal game is quite guaranteed, they need a win and I feel now they're hitting their stride. I feel Arsenal wins 3 - 0 or 4 - 1.

I'm taking a shot at this multi for the weekend, small stakes, see what happens.

I feel the more leagues you use the more of chance of hitting, especially with draws.

Cruz Azul v Club America Draw
Reading v Ipswich Draw
Hearts v Hamilton 1
Partick v St Johnstone Draw
Ingolstadt v Hertha Berlin Draw
Man Utd v Man City Draw
Arsenal v Southampton 1
Real Sociedad v Espanyol 1
Malaga v Villarreal Draw
Kansas 1

TRY THIS GUYS - Small Stakes - See what happens

Any new multis, Im open to trying?

Hi there

New to the forum, but long time admirer.

Noticed a couple of teams that, in my opinion are overpriced.

STOKE 19/5 at home to Spurs.  Bony a big signing for a far better team than recent showing.  Stoke, however, are notoriously slow starters under Hughes.  The tide will turn for them; hopefully against a Spurs team who by last season's standards are not hitting their heights. 19/5 about Stoke AT HOME, looks good value.

SWINDON 16/5 away to Oxford.  There was an awful lot to like about the performance of Swindon's very young team against a P'boro.  The fact that they outplayed P'boro and twice fought back from losing positions makes me think that the young lads will not get overawed by what will be a hostile environment in a fierce derby.  Swindon have lost one-in-five. Oxford have lost three-in-six.

BARNSLEY 23/10 away to Preston.  Less confident about this one, purely as Preston, for me, are always tricky to bet against.  Free scoring Barnsley are the highest goalscorers in the league and whilst Preston have always had a mean defence under Grayson, scoring goals is a real issue this season (3).  They've lost four-in-five, didn't bring in a striker last week, so happy to chance that Barnsley will score more than one in order to win the game - which they have achieved four-out-of-five league games.  The exception being top of the league Huddersfield (1 goal) .

£100 Yankee and £25 acca with Chelsea thrown in on Sunday.

Mods: If I've posted in the wrong place, I do apologise!

Good luck all and please no one follow.

Edited by Mossd6457

Man Utd-Man City is an interesting game. For some reason I don't see Manchester United win this one. Manchester City have a lot of speed upfront, therefore I don't see Manchester United play far from their own goal since they have a complete lack of speed at the back. On the other hand Zlatan is the best on the opponents half. Because I think United will play defensively, with no space behind their last line, it will be a problem for Zlatan to because dangerous. Manchester City do have to technical ability to find each other against a defensive opponent and become dangerous. I will play Man City draw no bet. 

Manchester United v Manchester City

Manchester United: no absences

Manchester City: Sergio Agüero (3/3 f, top scorer, suspended), Vincent Kompany (0/0 d, captain)

Arsenal v Southampton

Arsenal: Alexis Sánchez (3/1 f, doubtful), Aaron Ramsey (1/0 m), Danny Welbeck (0/0 f), Per Mertesacker (0/0 d), Carl Jenkinson (0/0 d), Gabriel Paulista (0/0 d)

Southampton: Sofiane Boufal (0/0 m), Florin Gardoş (0/0 d), Jeremy Pied (1/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

why would anyone back man utd. they are vulnerable defensively although not tested yet by better teams. ok they signed ibrahimovic but he's old and not very mobile player. poga is lightweight and overrated and i really don't know what his skills are. he is more like a celebrity in the club and rooney is terribly overweight and ineffective.  there are so many cons against man utd i think man city has better chance of winning this one although yes without  aguero but that should give sterling every chance to run at their back line with his pace and speed

Edited by sajtion

Allow me to make a case for Manchester United.  I am a fan, and have not backed them in this match (yet).

Since Mourinho has taken over, they have yet to lose in a competitive match.  Further, they have only allowed a single goal against.  There has been an obvious emphasis on a more defensive posture - and attacking when the opportunity presents itself.  Fellaini plays well more back in a holding mf role, and Mourinho really likes having Blind out there too.  But, unlike LvG's United, they are allowed to get forward when they can, and Shaw and Valencia have been very good bombing forward.  There is not as much sideways passing, rather there is an absorption of the opponents attack and then get the ball forward.  This has been good. 

But, let's face it their opponents have been weak.  I don't think a single one of Leicester, Hull, Southampton or Bournemouth will quality for CL play next year, and further I'd be surprised if any factor in the top 8 in the league this year.  I'm also a bit concerned with the play of Rooney, as well as the absences of Mkithayin and Rashford as both are superior options in my eyes as to what United has trotted out there so far.

That being said, this is a team coming into form.  Everyone is available, and as this team familiarizes itself with one another, they definitely have a potent attack.  Smalling has barely featured, I am quite optimistic about United's chances tomorrow.  Mourinho has already stated this is a game he very much wants to win, so obviously a strong side will be fielded, but as it's early in the year, I'm not one to send in a big play on this game.  Rather, I'll watch this one closely with a supporters eye.  In my mind, a draw or United DNB is the right bet, but I would be just as happy to not make a punt and watch a United win.  And trust me when I say I like money more than I like these over paid soccer players at Old Trafford.  I do see quite a few opportunities to make some plays this weekend, but unless I can get a great price on a United win, I'll just sit on the sidelines here,

Hello Gents,

This will happen this weekend, you will all see and bow down to me!

ARSN 3-1
Bournemouth v West Brom Draw 0-0
Burnley v Hull City Draw 1-1
Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace MIDD 2-1
Stoke City v Tottenham Draw 1-1
West Ham v Watford WHU 2-1

Cheers,

Nostradamus

On 09/09/2016, 03:58:31, allthethings said:

Out of curiosity, to see whether the international break has any effect on favorites, I went back and looked at the WC qualifiers in 2012-13, to see whether, on aggregate, favorites in Europe do better or worse before and after the break.

I dug around and ended up counting results for EPL, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Russia, Turkey, Italy, Netherlands.

The week before the break: A fair number of wins away by underdogs of up to 4.99, but just as many draws, actually. 22-22-28 by dogs at that price range. Home dogs of up to 4.99, draws.

The week after was striking...away dogs fared very poorly, suggesting that the best sides come back from the break in good shape. But when the dogs played at home, they managed draws to an absurd degree. 7-19-30, 34% draws, entire range of odds.

I'd always heard people say that you should show caution when teams return from international breaks, but what I found was a smaller than normal number of wins by dogs, a very good performance by favorites at home, and a very high percentage of home dogs managing to get a point on the return.

Interesting stats there @allthethings. Will take those points on board when making my selections today. I always thought that teams that had less international players would have a fresher squad so more likely to do well but I guess at this early stage in the season it might not make much difference.

18 hours ago, Mossd6457 said:

Hi there

New to the forum, but long time admirer.

Noticed a couple of teams that, in my opinion are overpriced.

STOKE 19/5 at home to Spurs.  Bony a big signing for a far better team than recent showing.  Stoke, however, are notoriously slow starters under Hughes.  The tide will turn for them; hopefully against a Spurs team who by last season's standards are not hitting their heights. 19/5 about Stoke AT HOME, looks good value.

SWINDON 16/5 away to Oxford.  There was an awful lot to like about the performance of Swindon's very young team against a P'boro.  The fact that they outplayed P'boro and twice fought back from losing positions makes me think that the young lads will not get overawed by what will be a hostile environment in a fierce derby.  Swindon have lost one-in-five. Oxford have lost three-in-six.

BARNSLEY 23/10 away to Preston.  Less confident about this one, purely as Preston, for me, are always tricky to bet against.  Free scoring Barnsley are the highest goalscorers in the league and whilst Preston have always had a mean defence under Grayson, scoring goals is a real issue this season (3).  They've lost four-in-five, didn't bring in a striker last week, so happy to chance that Barnsley will score more than one in order to win the game - which they have achieved four-out-of-five league games.  The exception being top of the league Huddersfield (1 goal) .

£100 Yankee and £25 acca with Chelsea thrown in on Sunday.

Mods: If I've posted in the wrong place, I do apologise!

Good luck all and please no one follow.

I'm sure we can forgive you @Mossd6457! Welcome to the forum! Don't be shy in voicing an opinion. We love debate here!