** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Nap Competition - Monday 1st August

Rip 3.45 - Dandyleekie  - win at 6/1 bog bet365

6F handicap.....class 3

My horse is one who runs well here and the forecast morning rain will also suit him (providing it actually happens !)

Won a couple of runs ago then had excuses last time trying 7F and losing a shoe

It's a bit of a worry that he steps up to class 3 after 7 runs in class 4 (won 2) but his recent runs here in wich he's gone well haven't been much worse than this one

Stablemate Eccleston is a danger but he does tend to get behind early and is a bit of a prisoner to how the race might be run. If it's a furious pace he could come running through late but if it's slow he might be out of it when the pace picks up

Rantan looks OK as a 3yo.......he's lightly raced but has had 5 runs in handicaps without winning yet finds himself on his highest ever mark, Moves into all aged company for the first time and gets the WFA allowance.

17:15 Carlisle Gone With the Wind 1pt win 11/8 Coral (BOG)

The selection has won 2/6 in this class of race  and is 1/1  at the course. Unpenenalised for a victory last time out, There's  a  few handy opponents if the mood takes them but otherwise the selection  appears to have a decent chance.

8.00 Windsor: Julia Dream 5/4 Ladbrokes

Jockey pat Cosgrove and trainer Wille Haggas could have a decent day on Monday, they have a well fancied runner at Kempton in the afternoon and then team up with Julia Dream in the evening. Only 7 runners in this maiden and the selection is well ahead on ratings at the moment. This filly has finished second at Lingfield and Salisbury and looks to have found a decent opportunity to get off the mark.

7.30 WINDSOR

MUSICAL COMEDY @ 16/1 Ladbrokes

Thought good enough to run in the Jersey when trained by Richard Hannon and has mostly been running in better company than this.  Having his 4th run for Mike Murphy and goes back to Windsor where he showed his best to date for new trainer 2 runs back.  A previous CD winner and although better with some give his last win came on this ground.  Running off 90 now, his last win came off 106.

14 hours ago, Trotter said:

Rip 3.45 - Dandyleekie  - win at 6/1 bog bet365

6F handicap.....class 3

My horse is one who runs well here and the forecast morning rain will also suit him (providing it actually happens !)

Won a couple of runs ago then had excuses last time trying 7F and losing a shoe

It's a bit of a worry that he steps up to class 3 after 7 runs in class 4 (won 2) but his recent runs here in wich he's gone well haven't been much worse than this one

Stablemate Eccleston is a danger but he does tend to get behind early and is a bit of a prisoner to how the race might be run. If it's a furious pace he could come running through late but if it's slow he might be out of it when the pace picks up

Rantan looks OK as a 3yo.......he's lightly raced but has had 5 runs in handicaps without winning yet finds himself on his highest ever mark, Moves into all aged company for the first time and gets the WFA allowance.

Both my fancied ones are non runners........that's an hour or two of my time down the pan !

I think I'll give up looking at the races the night before ...........:@

4.45 Rip - Ardamir - win at 5/2 bog bet365

12F maiden

Usually best to stick with the 3yo getting the weight allowance but I fancy the only older horse in the field might just have to much for them. He's a hurdle winner from France who joined the King yard and ran at Cheltenham

Made his flat debut last time out finishing 3rd in a Lingfield maiden behind one of Gosden's who won again next time out

Let's see if he can concede the weight to a couple of 3yo that have recently disappointed and one who has had a couple of runs in handicaps and looks like a mid 70s horse

Windsor 7.30 Sir Billy Wright @ 8/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Sir Billy Wright......from David Evans yard the 5yo has won four times from 5f to 7f on ground varying from good to soft to heavy and on the all-weather,

He comes here on the back of a unlucky run 17 days ago at Nottingham 6f good when 3rd was up there at head of pack but just couldn't quicken last 200 yards to lose by 1.25 lengths,

The yard had time to work on stamina and fitness and down 1lb to 86 mark with J F Egan keeping the ride

4.00 Kempton: Soul Intent @ 5/1 Ladbrokes

Three times winner on the All-Weather up to 12f - Returned last month from lay-off and clearly benefited from pipe opener when fine runner-up at Doncaster. Stays a bit further and should like the likely pace in this race. Definite chance off current mark in open race. 

2.55 Naas - Almanaara @ 7/4 Betfred

Proving to be disappointing after being bought for a huge some but he's taking a drop down in class after a decent run in a Curragh maiden. The horse who finished just in front of him bolted up in a maiden next time so if he can step forward from his reappearance and the first time visor brings out some improvement too he should be able to win this weak enough affair. Flowerhill Nova has some decent form but I don't see how he has been backed into favourite as he looks a bit exposed.