Monthly Nap Comp 2nd April

3.00 Kempton

Dougan is hard to oppose in this field I feel, most of these can be given a chance and most have been in reasonable form recently. Dougan remains  an unexposed sort won his maiden on 2nd attempt over 7f around here, then won on handicap debut over 6f at Lingfield off 72, tried to make all next time out back over 7f and just didn’t quite see that out. Switched back to slightly more patient tactics next time at Wolves under useful apprentice again over 7f got home narrowly. Latest start was a good second on latest start behind the rapidly improving Supersta, 3 lengths clear of the rest. Shaped that day as if a drop back to 6f would suit and gets that today, 4lb rise looks harsh but should have further improvement in him yet.

1pt win Dougan 3/1 bet365

3.20 Doncaster - Suedois @ 5/1 Bet365

Won a Group 3 on soft ground over 6f in France that has worked out really well and ran a decent enough race behind Make Believe in the Foret. He's not penalised for that win here and moves to O'Meara who does really well with these types. The stable also tends to start the season on fire and he could take some stopping tomorrow although Maarek, Jack Dexter and Move In Time make it a decent field.

2:45 Doncaster : Farlow @ 25/1 bet365 e/w thanks

"Farlow.....from Richard Fahey yard he saddles three in race the others being Heaven´s Guest and Rene Mathis , I 've sided with Farlow the 8yo has not run since 7th November last year 147 days ago, That run was here over 7f heavy when 3rd beaten 1.25 lengths was leading when caught in last 50 yards with Sammy Jo Bell claiming 3lbs in saddle off 101 , With yard coming back with same jockey in saddle suggest to me they feel as if it can find the frame again , He's been a winner of six races from 5f to 7f on ground varying from good to firm to good to soft although a furlong more the yard had time since last race here to work on his stamina and seeing out the extra furlong as he's only up 1lb to 102 for todays race and Sammy Jo Bell is still claiming 3lbs

Uttoxeter 4.20 - Good Vibration 9/2 William Hill

The favourite is firmly on the upgrade but having only run 6 days ago and now pitched into a deeper race I think he can be taken on. The horse I have chosen is a progressive type himself who has showed that today's conditions will be ideal having shown a decent level of form in his novice hurdles to date before bumping into another progressive sort who has shown improved form himself. I think he is currently over priced at 9/2 and should go close.

2.45 DONNY

BRAVO ZOLO @12/1 Betway

Still a bit of a head case even at 4 but this big field should make it easy for him to settle.  The race he won at Wolves has thrown up numerous winners with the third winning a Listed race off 103.  What is  interesting about that race is that the horse was supposed to be covered up but he pulled to the front and lead all the way.  Soft ground is a unknown but he does stay further than a mile and with Mr Moore aboard will have plenty of assistance from the saddle.

3.55 D: Belardo Evens bet365/sky

Roger Varian’s Belardo looks to hold all the aces here and this looks like a confidence booster before taking on more exacting company in the summer. He’s rated 117 which is joint top with Custom Cut but he receives a hefty 7lbs from that rival and the pair of them are a few pounds clear of the rest.

Kemp 1.55 - Lucata - EW at 40/1 bog Corals

2yo maiden

With Johnston and Wesley Ward runners in the field there's some big prices about others that might have a squeak. The Dascombe yard have made a decent start with their early 2yo - three out of four runners have been placed.

This one is related to a few winners and by new season sire Sir Prancealot who is being touted as a sire of precocious types

Nice draw in 3

The Johnston runner is drawn wide but that didn't stop his two runners here last week who both won by a street so he's the most likely winner and could be a good bet at 7/4 with the Wesley Ward runner keeping him at odds against

In the Cammidge Trophy over 6f Alben Star heads the betting after his Lingfield win on Good Friday but can be very hit and miss and isn't one you'd like to be backing at short prices and he doesn't like soft ground. David O'Meara's French import Suedois looks the one to be on. He's a group 3 and listed winner over 6f in France and has a lot of form on softer ground. He was thought good enough to contest the Group 1 Foret at Longchamp over 7f, he only finished midfield that day but possibly he's better suited to 1200m on a softer surface. Suedois is a hold up horse and he's likely to get a well run race here, possibly more so than what he's used to. David O'Meara is an expert at Improving horses and he also has Group 1 winner Move In Time in the race but hes penalised and giving weight all round. Tudhope has opted for Suedois out of the two. I'm taking the hint. Are you? 

3:20 : Suedois 9/2 Betfred 

4.10 Kempton: Edge of Heaven @ 66/1 

This filly has plenty to find in this race but seems to be best when fresh. She stays a bit further but often seems keen to get on with things, so the 1m at Kempton with positive tactics could be well worth a try, given she has a pretty decent record on the All-Weather too. She shouldn't have a chance on the ratings but I have her shorter than this massive price.