** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Competition, Tuesday 27th October 2015

Catt 12.40 - Furiant - win at 13/8 bog betvictor

2yo Novice race over 5f g/s

Until recently I've been following the 2yo all flat season and this is one of the horses that has perplexed me !

Won on debut then has been beaten 9 times since. I always thought that he probably needed 7f but every time he stepped up in trip he got well beat

Assuming I just had him all wrong then a sharp 5 furlong does appear to be what he's best at.......front running as well and goes OK on g/s ground

He's the top rated of these that have ORs and his 2 main rivals in the betting are returning from lengthy breaks for 2yo runners........if they're a little rusty he could run them off their feet from the front

I'll probably find out that I still haven't manage to suss him.........so this is his last chance saloon !

L2.40 Waneen 25/1 Coral

Some of the bookies have trimmed their prices on this one and Coral might have been caught sleeping. Trainer P Evans has been in great form recently and he's definitely a streaky trainer that can go on a roll. The horse will need to settle better than last time out, but the first try on the All Weather and the drop back in trip might suit. On breeding the horse should act on the track so hopefully Evans has this one on a low mark for this nursery.

300 Bangor: Two Taffs 11/4 Betfred

Really good novice hurdle here and should be worth watching the replay a few times for future clues. Dan Skelton yard is in cracking form and his runner Two Taffs was very impressive when beating previous winners on his debut at Market Rasen last season. He looks a good prospect and will be spot on here.

I prefer the NH bred types rather than the flat horses but Great Hall and New Street have made solid starts in their new careers and are respected but have to give weight away to one or two decent sorts.

2.20 Punchestown - Cadawill 16/1 paddy/sjames/victor/365

7 placed finishes in 16. In 6 races of the races over 20 or 21 furlongs has finished second in 3 of them and also had a 3rd (from 14 runners) and a 4th from 18 runners. Each way should be the bet here but since we're at the end of the competition and I am far behind I am going for the win.

1.10 Catterick: Class 4 Handicap, 1m 4f

You can discount half of the field on ground concerns pretty easily, and given the nature of the track, usually favouring handy sorts, it brings the list of contenders down to a handful.

I like to go with a type likely to act in the soft conditions, has form on this strange course and is sure to be up with the pace. Multellie jumps out in this field at 9/1, given he has excellent form to offer, if we forgive him his latest run at Chester from a wide draw in better class.

Down here in class 4, he has a handy draw, won really well at Ripon three back, and confirmed his well-being subsequently with another bold bid here at Cattrick over 12f in a very hot race. He's on a high mark but with conditions sure to suit he's overpriced in this field.

Multellie @ 9/1 William Hill

1.45 Punchestown - Golan Lodge @ 9/1 BetVictor

This horse won a decent bumper impressively and achieved basically as much as the 11/10 favourite in that sphere who is making his debut over hurdles today. Golan Lodge disappointed on debut and was well beaten but he drifted close to the off and I'm going to hope he just badly needed the run. And that may be the case as the lack of rain has put some stables behind schedule including Meade who's reportedly 4 weeks behind making this favourite very opposable.

1.40 - Catterick - Alaskan Wing - 9/1 - PP BOG

Form prior to his last race was 1131 and looked progressive but was then 5th of 6 at the end of August on his last outing. Possible explanation for that was that it was over 7f. All his wins have come over 6 or 5f. 4lbs above last winning mark but don't think that is beyond him.

2.05 Lingfield  STARLIGHT SYMPHONY  looks to have a great chance of an overdue win, as no trip and surface problems and a mark of 68 give him solid claims.  Good jockey who knows the track better than any, so looks nailed on to be involved in the finish.

1pt win 13/2 Ladbrokes BOG

Catterick 3:20 : Maoi Chinn Tire @ 25/1  888sports e/w thanks

Maoi Chinn Tire...from Jennie Candlish yard the 8yo has won eight races from 6f to 2m on good to firm and good ground and on the all-weather and has also won two hurdles, He's a horse if you follow it would cost you but he usually gets one win a season and with the flat season ready to finish he could get that win today as nothing showing so far , He also owned by trainer and jockey Joe Doyle is claiming 3lb off his mark which bring him below his last winning mark