Monthly Naps Comp, ''Thursday 22nd Oct'' 2015

4.15 - Ludlow - Jayandbee - 6/1 - BetVic BOG

Nibbles of money for this one this morning. Runs off 103 today after being dropped 8lbs in the handicap since last May as a result of two poor showings last twice. May have needed those two reappearance runs and was a good second off 111 two starts back.

220 Carlisle: Western Miller 10/11 Hills/888

Typical racing calendar, 3 NH meetings ruining one of them.

Anyway no time for any in depth form study today, i'm just going with Western Miller who has shown plenty of ability in two bumpers and looks like he will suit a track like Carlisle. He travels up a long way when he could have raced locally and Richard Johnson takes the ride. The Irish runner is the danger but i'd be surprised if this one cant beat that with a 7lb pull.

Carl 3.55 - Settledoutofcourt - win at 10/1 bog PP

Staying handicap chase

I've found reasons to oppose both market leaders

Courtown Oscar is up 2 grades in class from his winning runs lack back-end and up 10lbs in the weights and has been well beaten when returning from breaks

Orange Nassau goes well fresh and has run OK here but his wins have been on easier or flat tracks. I prefer him to the current favourite (Courtown Oscar) but I'm not keen on the Longsdon yard so tend to oppose his runners unless they look nailed on

I'm looking further down amongst the outsiders and like the chance of Lucinda Russell's runner. Not a regular winner but usually runs OK, has run well here, has had a run out at Hexham (UR) and the yard is in good nick. I fancy him to take advantage if the market leaders fail to deliver

Southwell 3.35 : Clan William @ 14/1 skybet win thanks

Clan William......from Sue Smith yard the 7yo not ran since December 2014 which was a Novice Chase at Newcastle 16.5f soft when he did win that race , but in hurdle races he last run in October last year,

After coming through NHF in 2013 he won his first maiden hurdle race in 2013 but in novice hurdle could not produce any kind of form and his full handicap hurdle off 108 was to much for him and finished 11th of 15 runners,

The yard had plenty of time to work on horse 306 days so I would expect in both hurdles and chasing they done plenty of schooling and the booking of a good jockey in Sean Quinlan in saddle and coming back fresh off 105 may help

7.25 Chelmsford City  EXCELLENT GUEST  Looks to have a decent chance here, as gets in off a fair mark and the race should be run to suit.  Tom Queally going to Essex for just the one ride and I feel it'll be worth his trip.  Decent horse on his day, and although recent form isn't too inspiring, this race could fall into his lap.

1pt win 11/1 Bet365.com BOG

6 winners today so far :clap

Gbettle 15/8, Trotter 10/1, BH 10/11, Mark 9/4, Steve 2/1, Diamond 16/1 EW 3rd.

Late ones;

100% Total guess of a punt, such a waste of time reading the form book just now.

8:55 Chelmsford City - Nouveau Foret.  1pt Win Bet @ 7/1 Bet365

Chelmsford 7.25  KALON BRAMA  9/2 Bet365

7.25 Chelmsford City  EXCELLENT GUEST  Looks to have a decent chance here, as gets in off a fair mark and the race should be run to suit.  Tom Queally going to Essex for just the one ride and I feel it'll be worth his trip.  Decent horse on his day, and although recent form isn't too inspiring, this race could fall into his lap.

1pt win 11/1 Bet365.com BOG