** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Personally' date=' I very much hope she apologised privately later. Just my opinion but Racing would be alot poorer without the Sheikh's influence.[/quote'] Yip. We don't know the entire details of what went on with the Sheikh's horses, I hope it was not all intentional, maybe it was, but there is a time and a place for questions like that, and just after winning the 2000 Guineas live on C4 is not the time nor the place. Now, she may have been forced to ask? I don't know. I will be surprised if the Sheikh ever does a C4 interview again.. I can picture him looking at Clare and thinking "If you were in my country, I would have you stoned to death".. Muslims won't tolerate being talked down to by a woman.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Segal's tips for Newmarket sunday 5/5/2013 2.05 Newmarket Fennell Bay 10-1 3.10 Newmarket Gabriel’s Lad 9-1 Advised ante-post 3.50 Newmarket What A Name 14-1 3.50 Newmarket Snow Queen 40-1

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Is anyone else struggling for enthusiasm at the moment? I'm a fan of the flat over jumps typically, but I've really not seen much to particularly excite me. Maybe its just from being spoiled with Frankel the last few years it all seems a little bleak. At least last year had the prospect of a triple crown, this year we know that won't happen. I guess what I'm saying is I feel like the season - Flat. Damp squib so far.

Is anyone else struggling for enthusiasm at the moment? I'm a fan of the flat over jumps typically' date=' but I've really not seen much to particularly excite me. Maybe its just from being spoiled with Frankel the last few years it all seems a little bleak. At least last year had the prospect of a triple crown, this year we know that won't happen. I guess what I'm saying is I feel like the season - Flat. Damp squib so far.[/quote'] Early days fella, lots of cards have not been played yet.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Suppose so. Might pop along to a couple meets, it is better when you're there. Went to Perth a couple weeks ago, not a patch on how I remembered it, though that's probably because of the rain, and as such, the lack of legs on display. Maybe trek to Hamilton or Musselburgh in the next while or so. Roll on Epsom, probably my favourite flat meet.

Suppose so. Might pop along to a couple meets' date=' it is better when you're there. Went to Perth a couple weeks ago, not a patch on how I remembered it, though that's probably because of the rain, and as such, the lack of legs on display. Maybe trek to Hamilton or Musselburgh in the next while or so. Roll on Epsom, probably my favourite flat meet.[/quote'] Was going to head for Hamilton yesterday but only to watch one horse from the M.Johnston yard, however it had 3 entries but something must be wrong as it now has none, might have been for the best as i've left many a good shirt behind at Hamilton.

It's getting out it that's horrible. One wrong turn and there's no knowing where you'll endup. Much like all of Hamilton. Wish I was at the meeting where the decision to put a racecourse in a Glasgow overspill was made. Bewildering.
Not for me fella, i know the place like the back of my hand.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Pocket talking but what a fiddle that 20:40 @ Ripon was late money for Mason Hindmarsh and watch Dr Irv take it up 3F out. 2F out jockey P Kirby is looking for the rest and coasts until Mason takes over then throws his arms out again.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread She got 10 days for mistaking the furlong marker for the winning post.:rollin Both are laughable...She is a 7lb claimer, granted they make mistakes, but that is an almighty one. Good job she was not in India. The stewards, should have refered it, then she may have been told to go back to school, before being allowed in a race again. Feel sorry for those who backed it,,,would have won by 10.

She got 10 days for mistaking the furlong marker for the winning post.:rollin Both are laughable...She is a 7lb claimer, granted they make mistakes, but that is an almighty one. Good job she was not in India. The stewards, should have refered it, then she may have been told to go back to school, before being allowed in a race again. Feel sorry for those who backed it,,,would have won by 10.
Should have been 10 months, and jail time at that.

Should have been 10 months' date=' and jail time at that.[/quote'] :rollin It is shockingly bad. I always get the feeling jockeys dont realise how much money they might cost people through their mistakes. I dont think I could handle that sort of pressure, but I guess they're hid from it in a way. To be fair to her, she's given it quite a good ride for a long way, I like how she kicked clear a long way from home, although without looking at the horse/race, could have had any amount in hand.

:rollin It is shockingly bad. I always get the feeling jockeys dont realise how much money they might cost people through their mistakes. I dont think I could handle that sort of pressure, but I guess they're hid from it in a way. To be fair to her, she's given it quite a good ride for a long way, I like how she kicked clear a long way from home, although without looking at the horse/race, could have had any amount in hand.
I always remember Wuliie Carson messing up big time at Hamilton in the last race on the card, punters were raging and tipped all the bins over his car.

She got 10 days for mistaking the furlong marker for the winning post.:rollin
:lol Oops! That madness happened right at the end of a fine evenings racing overall. I enjoyed watching the evening cards more than the chester meeting that took place in the daytime where several races were over as a spectacle either b4 or just on turning the final bend.

Pocket talking but what a fiddle that 20:40 @ Ripon was late money for Mason Hindmarsh and watch Dr Irv take it up 3F out. 2F out jockey P Kirby is looking for the rest and coasts until Mason takes over then throws his arms out again.
commentator said something wrong with the tack ??? and that Kirby got thrown off after the line...although the feed i saw didnt pick that up. hmmmmmmm full hand brake applied.
I'm not sure what race you were watching but Adam Kirby wasn't even at Ripon. The jockey in question was Eva Moscrop, FEMALE 7lb claimer. I think you need to be careful if you're out on the pull, you might end up taking home a Steve rather than an Eve. ;)

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The so called sport of Kings is long gone, the horse racing game TODAY, NOW, is full of CROOKS, gangsters, dopers and coke sniffing junkies & alcoholics. Keep your money in your pocket, the game is corrupt as FCUK these days. Sick of all these so called professional jockeys that ride race courses weekly, or daily but still cant work out when to start riding a horse, the 3f 2f 1f marker pole is there for a FCUKING REASON!!!!!! Jokers and chancers the lot of them.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Its good to get it out ya system Jimmy, Alot of us have said and been were your going here. Many Many outfits in Racing CHEAT!, there is no other word for it. Come back stronger, take a break, fill your time with other pursuits, watch highlights, wait for the big meetings, G1s Grade 1s etc, most will be trying.:D

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Anyone listen to the Thommo bingo on Timeform yesterday? "Hanagan the managan" was used more than once, I love how he finds it funny when he says it. "Wayne Rooneys horse" was a shoe in. "here comes the favourite, he's gonna get there" (no he's not Derek). Some character.

Anyone listen to the Thommo bingo on Timeform yesterday? "Hanagan the managan" was used more than once, I love how he finds it funny when he says it. "Wayne Rooneys horse" was a shoe in. "here comes the favourite, he's gonna get there" (no he's not Derek). Some character.
The man is most annoying, Mute button employed when he is on the mike!, and to think some of the desperate still phone his tipping line....:wall

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Haha never knew he had a tipping line. Delargy said back in his Ladbrokes days Thommo used to try and pick the winners over the speakers in shop; he'd name most the field then take the plaudits if one of them won at big odds. I quite like him, he's a genuine character. I'd rather watch him than snotty nosed Nick Luck or the likes.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread So currently the going at York is good to firm, but a quick look at the forecast calls for rain through the night. Forecast: Tuesday night / Wednesday morning - front of rain, 5mm- 10mm most likely. Clearing Wednesday afternoon, Any ideas what the ground will be like come tomorrow afternoon, mainly for the Duke of York? Will be on Maarek if there's word soft in the description.

So currently the going at York is good to firm, but a quick look at the forecast calls for rain through the night. Forecast: Tuesday night / Wednesday morning - front of rain, 5mm- 10mm most likely. Clearing Wednesday afternoon, Any ideas what the ground will be like come tomorrow afternoon, mainly for the Duke of York? Will be on Maarek if there's word soft in the description.
They spent a lot of money on drainage but it's still poor at York. As you walk over the course there is often a lot of standing water and the going can go from good to firm to soft in the space of a few hours at York. I believe it has some kind of clay undersurface rather than just soil and it gets very tacky unless they changed it. Could end up with some freak results if the rain gets into the ground tonight.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Bit of a rarity.... Looking at the Bath 7.10. There's a lot of non runners and as of now there are 4 horses left in................and they're all Best Odds 11/4 4 joint favs in a 4 runner race ! :unsure

You can back 3 of the 4' date=' and be guaranteed profit if one of those 3 win![/quote'] Yeah but you know damn well that the other one wold win ! So.............pick your 3 then scrub them and back the other one ! :rollin