Weekly Naps Competition, Day 4. Wednesday 9th September 2015

bluemal

DONCASTER 4 45: Avon Breeze @ 12/1 e/w bet365 e/w thanks Avon Breeze....from Richard Whitaker yard the 6yo been running in better class race and drops down for this race , She's been a winner of five races from 5f to 6f on good and good to soft ground , so condition should be ideal . She ran 18 days ago at Chester over 5.5f (good) where she finished 4th made effort from over 2f out and was ridden over 1f out with George Chaloner in saddle although staying on Richard Fahey two in race set he pace with Ballesteros leading from start to finish and other Fahey horse 3rd with Tom Dascombe horse 2nd in this class 2 sprint which was a second faster than standard , Jockey George Chaloner comes off the horse with Paul Hanagan taking it over for the first time on horse and is running a 1lb lighter from last race,

D3.35 Longside 40/1 Stan James This looks a likely race for a shock if ever there was one with retired jockeys racing over a mile with doubts about the best place to be drawn ! The jockey will be all important her and this jockey has at least been retired more recently than a lot of these, he also finished a creditable 6th in this race last year. Stall 2 won this race last year and this one has the same stall here today. The horse is also less exposed than many of these and went down by a nose to an odds on favourite on its penultimate start.

4.45 Doncaster CONFESSIONAL @ 15/2 Betway (Not sure if can use), 7/1 (Betvictor) Hasn't run in anything less than a class 2 since April 2011 and today runs in a class 4. Has been running ok in class 2 events without really threatening to win but this gives him a great chance to get his head in front. Hasn't got a great record at Donny but his last run here in October was his best when only beaten 2 1/4L off 92. Trainer won this in 2010 with Hazelriggs

Donny 3.35 - Pivotman - win at 10/1 bog m hill 8F Classified stakes The Legends race.......I'm guessing that the mounts of McCoy and Murtagh will be poor value as it'll be the jockeys that are being backed and not the horses Having said that you wouldn't want to be putting money down against either of them ! I'm plating more by the book and going for a horse who looks well handicapped and is in decent nick. Beaten a length last time off his AW mark of 80 and runs against 70 rated horses here off level weights Stays further than a mile which is handy on this straight track where's there's bound to be some pace on in a big field with retired jockeys

6.20 Kempton: Nursery Class 6, 7f For obvious reasons this is a wide open race. But I feel two horses stand out from the unexposed crowd. Godolphin’s Criminalistic with a good apprentice in the saddle could well be able to exploit his opening mark given his very flashy pedigree as well as good performance in three maidens. However his draw in combination with the fact that he was very early very badly outpaced the last time makes me believe that he may not encounter an ideal scenario today and might be one to watch and wait until he steps up to 1m. The second horse I have an eye on is Richard Hannon’s Ice Bond. He didn’t show too much in his maiden starts but steps up to 7f again which should very much suit him on pedigree, much more at least than the sprint trips he’s been racing over recently. He has a fine pedigree for the All-Weather, suggesting his first start on this surface could see him leaving any turf form behind. His low opening mark gives him every chance to be better, so the booking of a talented 5lb claimer is an additional bonus. On balance he is the one I want to back at a tasty price. Ice Bond @ 14/1 Coral

445 Donny: Ancient Cross 16/1 Stan James This one will pop up one day at a nice price so lets hope its today. Has been showing up well in his races without finishing the job off just lately and now he's 20lbs lower than last years mark. Wears a tongue tie for the first time and if it works he's thrown in on some form.

6.20 kempton caras muse has claims on best of form, and i feel the headgear will help her massively this evening. a race where anything could improve more than expected, but we do know we have the abilty and the trip and track shouldnt be a concern. fergus sweeney rides this track better than most, so looks well worth a bet at decent odds with the blinkers on. 1pt win 20/1 coral bog