Weekly NAPS Competition, Day 4, Wednesday 22nd July 2015

Lingfield 3.50 : Glorious Dancer @ 20/1 betfred e/w thanks Glorious Dancer.....Lee Carter yard the 3yo is having his first race for new yard was previously with Ed Walker who managed horse to get a 2nd place over this distance here as a 2yo in December last year, He followed that up with a 3rd place at Wolverhampton 7f this year as 3yo and since then they've increased its distances in its next 4 races and straight away a win at Chelmsford 8f but more increase in distance has shown poor form, He's back to 7f where it did manage two place finishes , I expect the new yard will be looking to see if it can find that good form again and give them a starting point to work on , I know it maybe a bit risky going with him but his last race 20 days ago was here over 8f where was with leaders till final furlong where it was one pace final furlong, They had 14 days since horse came to yard so I would expect they done some speed and stamina work and i expect this young jockey Amir Quinn will have been working on horse at yard

S8.50 Eleusis 11/2 Betvictor This one was running a good race over c&d after a slow start until running into trouble and can gain compensation here. George Baker takes over from Ted Durcan now off just a 2lb higher mark and the horse should go close especially after its neck 2nd last time out. The trainer's in great form (3 of his last 8 have won) and the price looks a decent one for an improving sort.

755 Leicester: Jacob Cats 7/1 bet365/SJ Never got involved last time out at Goodwood in a much better race over 1m6f and now drops back in trip. Earlier won at Kempton and ran well at Newmarket to suggest he can make his presence felt in this company. Will need cover and needs to settle and Timmy Murphy looks a good booking to me.

One Life Live It 19.45 sandown Well backed on its debut and showed a nice turn of foot, on its second run also showed a great turn of foot to make it two from two, was rather dissapointing last time but maybe it wasnt suited by the wide open spaces of Newmarket,I will forgive that run and hope to see a good effort today

5.45 leicester betty boo isnt the most likely winner at first glance, but has the ability to go close this evening with things looking a little more in favour. hardly a win machine, but race should be run to suit and that counts for plenty in races of this nature. big price for horse with every chance. 1pt win 14/1 totesport bog

Ling 2.20 - Ice Age - win at 12/1 bog PP 2yo mdn This one ran in a decent race at Salisbury on debut without making a lot of impression This should be easier and he's had a decent break to strengthen up and get the hang of things a home With the favourite drawn in stall 1 (can be tricky if not lightning out of the gate) this could be wide open