Weekly NAPS Competition, Day 3, Tuesday 21st July 2015

Chelmsford 7.10 Bertie Blu Boy (9/2 william hill / bet victor) If non runner Chelmsford 7.45 Golden Amber Bertie Blue Boy is on a 4 timer today and is in a rich vein of form at the moment, having registered 4 wins and a 3rd in his last 5 races. He has a near perfect record here at Chelmsford with his 4 races returning a record of 3 wins and a 3rd, including a pillar to post class 3 win last time out over today’s distance of 5 furlongs. He has won over 6 and 7 furlongs as well so allowing him to dictate the pace like last time would be playing into his hands.

7.45 Chelmsford: Tagula Night 14/1 Skybet/BetVic Jesus, an AW selection, must give this game up. Toggle Night is one of 3 runners for Dean Ivory in this decent looking sprint, Richard Hughes has been booked to ride which is a positive sign as he rode him last time at Sandown when he got into trouble after making some headway. I reckon Hughes must think this one is in fair form and wants another go at producing this useful sprinter (on his day) nice and late.

2.45 Muss - Bay Mirage - win at 13/2 bog wm hill 2yo mdn - only 5 runners The two at the head of the market here have both been placed a couple of times and look reasonable types if nothing special. They've both been given marks around 70 and you'd hope that one of the more lightly raced ones might be better than that .......although the race conditions mean the two exposed ones are getting weight I'm going to go with the Ryan runner despite the yard having a few fancied ones running badly lately (last night for example - an 8/1 ON shot got beaten) The race that my selection made his debut in looks a decent one and he's a got a bit of a speedier pedigree if this turns tactical as seems likely in such a small field

7.10 chelmsford picansort looks to have a bit to find on recent form, but i like this horses consistency and i do feel this race will be set up for him. no trip and surface concerns and i also like the fact the blinkers go back on, so i just feel the price is too big for a horse that have every chance. 0.5 pts ew 14/1 bet365 bog

W6.00 First Sargeant 8/1 Bet365 The jockey in this apprentice race is having a fantastic season and his strike rate has been superb in recent weeks. The horse ran a cracker under very similar conditions to todays when 2nd on its seasonal debut when fading late on. A return to similar conditions again today should suit after a sub standard run last time out and with the fitness advantage now, can go one place better than that 2nd.

19:45 - CHELMSFORD CITY (A.W.) :Elis Eliz @ 9/1 Ladbrokes e/w thanks Elis Eliz.....from Michael Wigham yard the 3yo has saw 8 races in short career so far with its 2yo races producing its only win with two place finishes and 8th place finish in its first race on racetrack, The frame finishes where all on AW tracks as 2yo this year again one turf race finishing 10th and other 3 races on AW again three frame place finishes, The yard ran it here two races back over 6f when beaten by 3/4 length finishing in 3rd place it followed that in its last race 41 days ago at Kempton 7f where again 3rd to Wordcraft beaten 1 1/2 lengths, although it tried to lead it lost lead inside final furlong and lost 2nd place on line by a nod , With yard bring it back to 6f and change of jockey to Andrea Atzeni who shows a good profit on AW