** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Weekly NAP Competition, Day 2, Monday 29th June 2015

Wolv 3.15 - Lagenda - EW at 25/1 bog bet365 2yo mdn On the face of it my selection has to improve a lot on his debut run to be competitive here but that looked a good maiden race at Leicester ( I'm thinking of backing the winner, Gold Medallion, in the Conditions race at Ponty 15 minutes before this race) My horse got a typical Spencer debut ride. - yanked back at the start, held up, ran on a bit when the race was over. Hopefully the different jockey will be trying to put the horse in the race

3.30 pont State of the Union ew 12/1 paddy power Think this has a good chance with cheekpieces on , ran well for a fair way in fto visor on penultimate , left off lto but headgear back on today , looks competitively weighted based on 3rd of 10 off 75 , off 70 today , Nolan rides today instead of Doyle , Doyle rides o mearas scoreline which would be technically first choice on bookings but looks held off this mark and Nolan does well here with trainer.

P3.30 Spring Bird 16/1 Ladbrokes Thia horse ran no sort of race over c&d last time out but the horse has run well before after a poor show and looks value here. The usual jockey has one of the worst records in flat racing and even she just failed to win on the horse off just a 1lb lower mark so the stronger jockey today could see the horse bang there. Provided the horse doesn't throw in a shocker again, there should be plenty of chance to lay-off at shorter prices in running since the horse should lead and try to fend off the late challengers.

3.30 Ponte: Tinsili 12/1 bet365 Trainer had a winner the other day and Graham Lee is riding as well as ever are the two main positives here for Tinsili. Lee has won on this horse too. He's drawn well in stall 2 as well so might be worth a small bet at the prices.

9.15 Musselburgh: Handicap (Class 6), 1m Usually I avoid these low grade handicaps, but I believe to have found a "good thing" in this particular race. Starshaped has been moved to the UK after three poor performances in maiden company in Ireland. He took advantage of a lenient opening mark in a low grade handicap at Newcastle four weeks ago. Up with the leading pack, he quickened away from 2f out once the pace collapsed. He won pretty easily in the end. 7lb hike in the mark for this success looks fair but may not stop him. He has been gelded in the meantime and that as well as natural progression should bring out a bit more. He has been allocated a poor draw but may be able to overcome it - and hopefully does, since it is an advantage to be up with the pace at Musselburgh. Positive tactics were employed the last time, so it's likely to be same today. If they make a bit of use of his stamina early on it shouldn't be a problem as he is entitled to stay further on pedigree. So I'd expect him to be in the right position when it matters. It's a very winnable race and it looks significant that jockey Ronnan Whelan comes over from Ireland for this one single ride. Starshaped @ 10/3 Betfred

2:15 Wolverhampton: Baileys Pursuit @ 11/1 bet victor win thanks Baileys Pursuit.......from Christine Dunnett yard the 3yo still looking for a AW win after running 6 times on that surface but did find a win on the 7 turf races she's ran, Her last two runs have been here over 6f and last race 7 days ago over 7f getting in the frame both times 2nd at 6f and 3rd at 7f . The yard are dropping to 5f for today a distance it ran 3 times but only once on AW at Kempton as its first race on a racetrack as 2yo when with Chris Dwyer yard , For me I feel the Dunnett yard are looking for long term action on AW and are still looking for the best distance to go as there dropping to 5f and having blinkers on for first time with Jimmy Quinn in saddle again

4.30 pontefract aussie berry looks very interesting now handicapping over a more suitable looking trip. gets in off 66, so with improvement looking sure to come, and with graham lee booked to ride, he should be more than capable of going close today. 1pt win 8/1 bet victor bog

7.30 - Windsor - Dolphin Village - 22/1 - BetVic BOG Steadily dropping down the weights and is now 4lbs below last winning mark. 3 of 5 wins have come on good to firm ground. New jockey up. Could probably do with a bit further in all honesty but the price looks good enough.Very slowly away on last outing so hopefully if gets away okay tonight could have a decent chance.