** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 7.15 Greyville: Pinnacle Stakes (3YO plus) I believe odds-on favourite Jet Explorer can be beaten here. He's a fair Stakes performer, and his 4th in the Queen's Plate is a big piece of form, though he hasn't won in a long time and usually stays on from off the pace only beating tired horses, which can sometimes look spectacular from a visual point of view, but doesn't mean that he is getting any closer to putting his head in front when it really matters. That says this race represents a significant drop in class and theoretically he's the horse they all have to beat. However he probably won't be 100%, as this is only a stepping stone and prep for bigger targets down the road. There are some other good horses in the race here, but without a shadow of a doubt the most intriguing runner is lightly races Saratoga Dancer. He receives loads of weight from most rivals here and that should ensure that he's well in, as he is clearly a better horse than his current rating of 78 in my mind. This will be his second run after a break as well after being gelded and his reappearance over 1.200m in a hot race was very promising last month. He finished a fine third that day, less than two lengths beaten by Grade 1 winning Kochka while receiving only 3.5kg from this 105 rated top class individual. Kochka wasn't 100% that day, but so wasn't Saratoga Dancer, who also got a very light hands and heels ride but stayed on nicely over a trip short of his best. He clearly got ability and needs further. Up over 1.600m now, he's got a massive chance to win. Saratoga Dancer @ 10/1 Sportingbet

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 Aintree 3:25 - Wishfull Thinking - 40/1 StanJames This Melling Chase looks very competitive and it could be a cracker. At the top of the market both Champagne Fever & Al Ferof swerved Cheltenham for one reason or another and you could make a case for either of them. But a very open looking renewal and one that catches my eye at a price is Hobbs' horse Wishfull Thinking at the ripe age of 12. He finished down the field in this last year & came second in 2012. Pulled up in the King George & the Ryanair last month. If you can excuse him those runs which didn't go his way and go back to the end of last year he won a competitive race at Huntingdon and before that put in a faultless performance when winning over C&D in the Old Roan Chase. He gave away weight and a beating to a good field, including Uxziandre, and jumped inch perfect. Back on course and on good ground with abit of luck in running I'm hoping he could run a big race at decent odds.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 3.50 Leicester I am keen on Mustard who is reportedly working well at Michael Stoute's yard and should run well after his break. Charlie Appleby's horse looks talented but I think the 1 mile 1 will suit Stoute's horse better as Appleby's may prefer longer. Mustard 1 pt Win @ 4/1 Hills

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 3.25 Aintree - Al Ferof win @ 13/2 PaddyPower Al Ferof has been off the racecourse since running a good third in the King George on Boxing Day. He's had a breathing op since and is back after over 100 days off. He goes very well fresh which is shown by his 4 wins from his last 4 seasonal reappearances. He should be fresh after over 100 days off which is a positive. 2 miles and 4 furlongs has looked to be his optimum trip in the past so the drop in trip from 3 miles to 2 miles 4 again looks to be positive. Paul Nicholls had 2 winners at the meeting yesterday and I feel he could have Al Ferof ready for this. Having said that this looks like a very competitive renewal and a case can be made for most of the field. It should be an interesting race and a good watch but with the drop in trip, after a break, for a trainer in form I can see Al Ferof going close.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 3:25 Aintree I don't think Champagne Fever has done enough over fences to be this sort of price and I also have doubts that Don Cossack will be seen to best effect over this shorter trip on quick ground. This leaves value further down the market but again I don't like the look of Al Ferof who has been disappointing and Cue Card who looks finished although the step back in trip should be in his favour. Sire de Grugy needs cut in the ground and has failed at this trip before while Balders Succes only seems to perform in small fields. In my opinion this leaves Simply Ned as the value in this contest. He finished a good staying on 2nd to an on song Uxizandre in the Shloer Chase back in November and had Dodging Bullets back in third. He then went to Leopardstown and ran well in conditions far too testing for him before finding the Champion Chase too quick for him. He ran well at this meeting last year behind Balders Succes again staying well and I think he'll relish the quick ground and step up to 2m 4f. He was progressing nicely up until the Shloer Chase and I think can continue that progress with conditions in his favour today. It's a wide open contest and the form of that Shloer Chase 2nd looks really strong so I think he has the ability to get involved here. Simply Ned - 0.5pts each-way @ 22/1 Betvictor

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 1.40 Aintree - Dell' Arca ew @ 18/1 Hills we have seen quite a few disappointing runs from Cheltenham horses already but this horse for no further than the 4th hurdle at the festival so that shouldn't have taken much out of him. He goes in the blinkers again and he has shown some smart form over hurdles. He finished placed in a grade 1 novice event at this track so I am hopeful a return here may bring out some improvement. He wouldn't have to improve massively to get involved here.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 Leicester 5:00 - Dynamite Dixie WIN @ 12/1 Bet365 Kieran Fallon is booked for the ride which has to be a positive. When last seen on turf, he was 3rd at the Curragh off a mark of 78, and he runs off 73 here, so he is weighted to win if he is on song.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 4.40 Aintree: Minella Rocco 4/1 Coral/HIlls We have quite a few last time out winners in the line up and one that could improve even further is Minella Rocco trained by Jonjo O’Neill. He won his point-to-point race and then landed his debut race over hurdles in striking fashion at Kempton. He followed up at Newbury over 2m5f and this will be his first venture over 3 miles and the first time he will have encountered decent ground. He is very promising and could be a start of the future.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 Font 4.50 - Very Noble - win at 4/1 bog bet365 Handicap chase Only 2 of these look like contenders The favourite, Crazy Jack, won at MR 4 days ago and might be worth taking on. He has a penalty and has always appeared better on RH tracks (today is a figure of eight). Moreover he was driven out to win on Monday and hasn't had much time to recover. My selection won here over hurdles a couple of runs ago. He was lucky that day as the leader wasn't ridden out because the jockey thought there was another circuit to go. Should be better suited by today's ground and has come down in the handicap since his last attempt over fences last summer.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 10th April 2015 Aintree 4.05 - Poole Master E/W 28/1 BetVictor A horse who seems to put it all in when he wants but have to take it on trust it's a going day for him! He won here at Aintree in December over this trip in a 16 runner field so that does stand out in his recent form but He's been well beaten since then in veteran chases behind Soll. If how ever he managed to repeat his effort lto back at this track he could well run into the money with 5 places on offer.