** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the day Sunday 18th jan 2015

corky

Re: Nap of the day Sunday 18th jan 2015 4.35 Kempton Lewamy has a chance if his revised mark is beyond him having won over CD off a mark of 46 before finishing a respectable 2nd at Southwell off 52. Use of a very inexperienced apprentice a slight concern but does take take off 7lb and a return to polytrack in his favour. Lutine Charlie hasn’t been seen since winning at Brighton, 3lb rise fair and well handicapped on his very best form but has become very hard to win with in recent years and record fresh questionable. Skidby Mill has been putting his best foot forward recently, he is 5lb below his last winning mark but is yet to win over 7f. Fire King has put two fair efforts in over CD in class 7 events, this looks a lot stronger but does run off the same mark and should be thereabouts. Tsarglas doesn’t look the easiest ride however he appears very well handicapped. He has scored with something to spare last time out a 3lb rise looks very lenient and could prove hard to beat. 1pt win Tsarglas 9/4 bet365

Re: Nap of the day Sunday 18th jan 2015 16:35 Kempton Tsarglas 2/1 Bet365 (BOG) There's a desperate shortage of form to go on in this race and, on the analysis tools I use, Tsarglas is the clear selection with positive figures - 40% (2/5) on the surface, 33% (1/3) at the class, victories at both course and distance. 3lbs should be able to be overcome and whilst 2-1 is at the short end of the spectrum for selections, it's worth chancing.

Re: Nap of the day Sunday 18th jan 2015 16.05 kemp ze king @ 8/1 ladbrokes Ran ok last few and was 2nd over 12f here a few runs back.... Lightly raced, on a decent Mark and got the top man on board.... Very open contest but the selection should go close.

Re: Nap of the day Sunday 18th jan 2015 3.25 Kemp - Hallelujah - win at 5/2 bog wm hill Interesting conditions sprint The interesting horse is the ex South African grade one winner Happy Valentine, who's had nearly 2 years off and has moved to France. Her French trainer has the reputation of getting his horses really fit at home and mopping up the early season races in France by sending out really fit horses to run against horses from the other yards that ease themselves in to the season. Could be different class to these but 2 years is 2 years.......and I always think it's harder for sprinters after a long absence because they've got to be with it from the gun.......you can't think about it for 10 seconds like maybe you could in a 3 mile chase ! My selection is a dual CD winner who looks to be just about held in handicaps so often runs placed, but she has a better chance in stakes races and her last 2 wins have been in listed and conditions events. Ran well in a handicap last time and was just pipped.

Re: Nap of the day Sunday 18th jan 2015 2.50 Lep: Kashmire Peak EW 25/1 Stan James Big price for this John Quinn raider. Now rated 131 after his latest victory and i think he has more to come. Was a decent juvenile last season and rated 139 at his best so is not badly handicapped. Very tough race but not going over for a day out.

Re: Nap of the day Sunday 18th jan 2015 15.05 Kempton: Class 5 Handicap, 6f - This looks pretty open and a couple of the bigger prices seem overpriced, but mostly I'm interested in My Meteor. Currently a 66/1 shot, he caught my eye with some interesting performances lately and with a slipping mark as well as a 3lb claimer in the saddle, he may outrun this big price today. The trip is a question mark. He won over 6f and often he gives the impression that the minimum trip is too sharp for him these days, but in fact the majority of his wins came over 5f. His recent performance at Southwell over 6f would indicate that the additional furlong is too much for him, as he travelled right to the final furlong marker like one with a big chance, just to fade badly. On the other side, in recent starts over 5f, he was badly outpaced. In November, he produced over that trip argubly his best recent performance, when he travelled eye-catchingly into to the home straight and finished extremely well in 3rd from well off the pace, indicating that an additional furlong would suit. That says if he can reproduce this sort of form over 6f at Kempton today, he can be in the money. My Meteor E/W @ 66/1 VC