** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014

corky

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014 2.35 Exeter - Highland retreat - win at 5/4 bog wm hill Novice chase over 3 miles My selection was just about highest rated of these over hurdles and won Listed and grade 2 races As a mare she also gets the 7lb allowance All her wins have come on RH tracks so her seasonal debut at Cheltenham might bring her on and she should benefit from coming to Exeter Has won on heavy going Return Spring looks OK but has been well beaten when running on heavy ground. Kaki de la Pree could be a danger.......stays well, acts soft, has won RH.....and has finished 2nd in a grade 2. Could need a run though after 10 months off, still looks the main danger if he's fit

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014 Sunday 23rd November 14.35 Exeter - Class 3 Novice Chase - 3m Going currenty heavy. Cadeau George - 5yo trained by Ben Pauling making chase debut. Been off the track since April this year but a reasonable staying novice hurdler with 1 win from 7 hurdles. That win on heavy ground over 3m at towcester. Looks outclassed on hurdles form. Kaki De La Pree - 7yo trained by Tom Symonds making chase debut. Won only Point to Point and 2 hurdles races on soft at 3m 1f. Performs on heavy ground but been off the track since February. Good staying novice hurdler who progressed well last year. Improved dramatically after debut hurdle run last year and may just need the run on Sunday, will improve on the run tomorrow. Will stay the distance. Return Spring - 7yo trained by the inform Philip Hobbs having 2nd chase run. Was 3rd on debut chase run here at Exeter over 3m on good to soft ground 12 lengths behind a decent winner. Tended to jump right that day but should improve on Sunday. Has won on soft but struggled on heavy going finishing a long way behind when encountering this ground twice. Ground not likely to improve. Highland Retreat - 7yo trained by Harry Fry having 2nd chase run. Saw this make debut at Cheltenham last month when 4th of 5 runners. Never in with a chance late on and probably given an easy ride near the finish. Will improve for that experience and gets a valuable 7lb mares allowance. Proven on heavy ground with 2 wins over hurdles at 3m plus and the has the best hurlding ratings of these. Looks a real stayer and loves the heavy ground. Verdict Highland Retreat will be hard to beat on this heavy ground and is the best of these on hurdles ratings. Gets a valuable 7lb allowance. Good educational 1st chase run at Cheltenham last month will give him a fitness advantage over the 2 making chase debut with Kaki De La Pree likely to better than Cadeau George who looks outclassed based on hurdles form . Return Spring can be a little disinterested at times and does not appear to like heavy going but has had a recent chase run at the track here. 1 pt Win - Highland Retreat @ 5\4 Bet365

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014 2.35 Exeter Kaki De La Pree win 9/4 bet365 Get what above saying of HR but when I ran lto I didn't fancy based on its record on these types of courses ( has won but not convincing) and on soft ground I'm siding with this. Followed this last season after its 2nd to kings palace , and returned from a longer absence that day to only be beaten by a grade 2 winning hurdler , and in general looks to have better form , won well at Carlisle on soft so should be staying on up the hill. Alone ;) lol

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014 Exeter 1:05 - Bredon Hill Lad WIN @ 5/2 Bet365 The Gardner's are notorious for doing very well at this track and this horse impressed after a lay-off a week ago, winning by 5 lengths at Fontwell over 2m7f in tough conditions. The drop in trip should be no problem and must have a big chance under a small penalty.

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014 13.50 Scottsville (Conditions Plate): - Admiral’s Eye: Consistent performer. Usually does really well in these kind of races as well. Has excuses for recent poor run, and won Conditions race on thr polytrack before. Has top weight to shoulder. - Supercede: Won AW Handicap of top weight lto. Progressive handicapper with an excellent track record. but has a tough assignment on the weights against the higher rated fillies. - Captain’s Daughter: Produced a big run in the listed Emerald Fillies Stakes on the Vaal sand lto. Back on turf today after a little break. Rain should help and trip is fine. Fair chance on the weights, apprentice claim is bonus and still an improving filly. - Semra: Potentially short of class compared to the four other fillies. Finished third in a low-grade Handicap and has to show massive improvement. That says she’s generally lightly and top jockey booked is a bonus. Light weight may give her a chance to feature. Verdict: With Semra and Supercede potentially struggling in this contest against the higher rated Admiral’s Eye and Captain’s Daughter, it may be wise to concentrate on the two class acts. The rain is pouring down and has decimated the field, and with a proven track record on a wet surface, I feel Captain’s Daughter is best suited to this test today. She is well in the weights with an apprentice on board and ran extremely well in the big sand feature at Vaal back in September. The little break will have done her the world and her progressive profile makes her the most interesting candidate here. Supercede should ran a solid race, but I feel the weights will find her out, while Semra should not be good enough. Favourite Admiral’s Eye goes extremely well in these kind or races but has no proven record on a wet surface and if all is more a fair price than value at 6/4. That says Captain’s Daughter is a bit overpriced at 3/1 and it would be disappointing if she couldn’t go close in this contest. Captain’s Daughter @ 3/1 Sportingbet

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014 3.35 Exeter: Pull The Cord 5/4 BetVictor Looks a two horse race according to the betting but i think Dandy trained by the Baldings is going to find this heavy ground a real problem especially on a stamina track like Exeter. This makes Pull The Cord very good value to me at the prices and it wouldn't surprise me to see him start odds-on. The Hobbs runner was third at Stratford and was well backed that day and being a 4yo has plenty of scope and should be good enough in this grade.

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014 E1.05 Mystic Appeal 1pt Win 10/1 Betvictor This horse has only won once but a look through its win/placed efforts show that this is clearly the horses optimum trip and ground conditions. Nick Schofield is the only jockey to have won on the horse and he's back in the saddle again today for only the 2nd time since that win. I did like the look of the favourite but that horse ran moderately at this course in the past so this looks like a value alternative

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014 14:40 Auteuil: ARCH DUCHESS @ 11/4 Bet365 BetVictor CORAL Once a runner-up and twice a winner since has been switched over hurdles, Marcel Rolland's ARCH DUCHESS (6) may be the answer for the Prix André Michel (Group 3) at Auteuil today, judging on her emphatic success by 12 lengths over C&D earlier this month.

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014 Navan 2.25: Rogue Angel @ 11/1 bet365 e/w thanks Rogue Angel....from Mouse Morris yard the 6yo opened this season jumps with a 2nd at Galway 2m 6f good to yielding conditions 27 days beaten a neck by Black Benny who's in this race today aswell, That run will have did it good after the summer break it had and comes here where the condition could change from soft to heavy as overnight down pour is forecast , That will not be a problem to Rogue Angel as its been successful in a hurdle race and a chase at 2m and 3m on yielding and heavy ground, Jockey Bryan Cooper was on board last race and yard stick by him

Re: Nap of the day sunday 23rd november 2014

Exeter 1:05 - Bredon Hill Lad WIN @ 5/2 Bet365 The Gardner's are notorious for doing very well at this track and this horse impressed after a lay-off a week ago, winning by 5 lengths at Fontwell over 2m7f in tough conditions. The drop in trip should be no problem and must have a big chance under a small penalty.
I backed it and screwed my slip up...... If ever there was a 999/1 shot in running this was it 2 out!!! Not very often I shout at the tv.... Haha