** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 Wednesday 22nd October - 14.25 Fontwell - Class 4 Beginners race - 2m 4f Small 4 runner field tomorrow at Fontwell in what looks like a match race between 2 decent hurdlers. Deputy Dan - 6yo Trained by Oliver Sherwood. 2 wins and 3 seconds from 5 hurdle races with a Grade 2 Novice Hurdle win at Warwick in January and a very good 2nd in the Albert Bartlett at the Cheltenham festival. OR of 145 over hurdles. Will probably be stepped up in distance after tomorrow (barring disaster) and should be effective at 3 miles plus. Looks to be effective on all types of ground Virak - 5yo trained by Paul Nicholls. Had one go at Chasing last November when 3rd of 4 at Warwick when a mistake 3 out ended any chance. Returned to hurdling after this and followed up with 2 wins at Taunton. Looks as if he will be more effective at around the 2m to 2m 4f mark. OR of 147 for hurdles and 139 for chases. The other 2 look to be totally outclassed based on previous hurdles form. Race tactics are going to decide this race as the 2 horses under focus have slightly different profiles. At 2m Virak would probably win in a match race looking to have a better finishing speed (won bumper at Newton Abbott when quickening smartly) while at 3m Deputy Dan would have the edge with stamina (Good result to finish 2nd in 3m Albert Bartlett at the Cheltenham festival). But this race is at 2m 4f and I just favour Deputy Dan to land the race. Think Deputy Dan and jockey Leighton Aspell will try to lead from start to finish and make it a stamina test rather than allow a slowly run race which would suit Virak to finish strongly. 1pt Win - Deputy Dan - 4\6 Boylesport

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 Fontwell 3:35 - Triumphant WIN @ 3/1 Coral Gary Moore has hit a rich vein of form and his son Jamie rides this horse that looks sure to go close. The step up in trip brought on massive improvement at Huntingdon last time out where he stayed on really fast and late over 2m5f to finish second. The step up in trip tomorrow is sure to suit even more and he should take a lot of beating if he can finish as strong as that.

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 3.0 font Upton mead @ 15/2 coral cant have amuse me at the moment who is totally out of form. Try catch me has gone up 10lbs for last win and is up in grade. Mister wiseman doesn't seam to act at the track although Mr Moore is up this time so maybe better is expected. Star performer is running ok but has never been round font well before. The informant has been off since May and has run badly after a break last season. This leaves me with the outsider of the lot Upton mead. A previous cd winner who is running 1lb above his last winning Mark. I'm hoping for an overnight deluge as the softer the better. Jockey takes off 7lb and with me having doubts about every other horse in the race, although Upton mead isn't a cast iron selection I think the price is decent and if the ground becomes soft will definitely not be the outsider come race time. I have Mr wiseman as the danger purely on an interesting jockey booking.

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 Newmarket 2.35 - Robben (1pts win, 5/1 Bet365) Put in a much better run lto when he was caught late which was his best run to date and that trip was over a mile so this drop to 7f might just be what he needs as he weakened near the finish lto this 7f won't be as stamina sapping for him. The ran also came on soft ground so today's ground should not be a problem.

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 1.45 Worcester - Royaume Bleu 1pt win 8/1 bet365 Returns from a lay off but has placed 3 times of 6 when returning from an absence and was 3rd in this race last year when coming from a break. Last win came off 86 so perhaps a bit high on 90 but one most likely to see out the trip and handle soft conditions.

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 2.15 Worcester: Call Me Vic 13/2 Betfred/BetVic Wasn't sure about sticking this one up as a nap as Tom George's runners have looked in need of a first outing, he was 7/2 in the f/c betting and didn't think he was value but surprisingly is priced up at 13/2 with Betfred which has tempted me in. Liked his attitude last season in novice hurdles and after a couple of good runs finally got his head in front at Stratford. Should improve now going chasing and is better than his opening mark of 129. (Not sure why Brennan isn't on top?)

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 5:35 Worcester - Go Odee Go Last ran 16 days ago in a cl4 novice hurdle, losing by a neck, and is now in a cl5 maiden hurdle. Is trained by one of the most exciting new trainers, in Dan Skelton, who has a maiden hurdle record of 6 wins in 19 this year. Massively overpriced due to the fact that odds on shot No No Romeo last ran in a graded race, although that was 200 days ago. Go Odee Go is race fit and should run a great race. 6/1 stan james