Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014

Mr Fanshawe sends out just the 3' runners for Kempton Pk, one of which i have backed before and she was a little unlucky last time out here at K.P The 3yr old will know more tonight about the racing game and is now in the hands of jockey F.Tylicki ''for first time'' Freddie has some nice looking rides and could have a good night if he gets some luck, in the selections race i do fear the Haggas animal, Mr Haggas only sends this one runner so any confident market support will give us a clue as to this geldings chance, the 3yr old also has a tasty pilot up. ?19:30 Kempton Pk - Panatella. 1pt Win Bet @ SP

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 3.40 Exeter - According to Trev EW @ 10/1 Boylesports According to Trev has not completed on his last 3 starts but has since moved stables and I believe he has excuses for those runs. On his latest start back in March I think its fair to say he found the marathon trip at Cheltenham too much and before that he will have been unsuited by the soft ground at Doncaster. All of his best runs have come on good ground so hopefully the rain will stay away and the winds might just dry the ground up tomorrow. Another positive with this horse is his ability to go well fresh. This will be his longest ever break but his 3 previous returns from breaks of over 100 days have produced 3 wins. David Bridgwater is a trainer I like and Tom Scudamore is in fine form and does well here. He looks a solid each way bet in an open race.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 Exeter 15:40 – Houston Dynimo – 1pt win @ 11/2 BetVictor This horse has really improved for the switch to the Pipe yard this summer, running four good races and placing in two listed handicap chase contests. He takes a fair drop in class here and remains on a fair mark, especially when the smart choice of a claiming jockey is taken into account. The one worry is the trip as I'm not sure he wants or needs 3m and while it has the potential to unlock further improvement, he may need to be ridden more quietly than he has been recently. David Pipe has his yard in good form already and we know this one is race fit.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 3.20 wolves Little belter @ 9/2 bet 365 1st time in the surface so it's a little risky. However, down in grade and 3lb lower Mark from a stable that does ok here.... Fav is way to short after running ok here lto. There maybe one lurking how will I prove for the surface but at 9/2 I'm happy with my selection and will def go off shorter as the fav will drift.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 3.40 Exeter - Financial Climate E/W @ 12/1 Boylesports Financial Climate won well 2 races ago off a 3lb lower mark but disappointed lto when going off as favourite and finishing a distant 9th. However he lost a shoe which I feel excuses the run so he could be worth another chance here. The trip won't be a problem as he has won over further and the ground shouldn't be a problem either. He has run well enough after breaks in the past (a 4th after 193 days off) so hopefully the 166 day lay-off won't cause too much of a problem.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 L5.35 Movie Magic e/w 33/1 Paddy Power On the form this horse has showed at the track, it might as well stay in the horsebox, but there's one or two clues that it might perform better here today. The main one in that on breeding, the horse will appreciate the track and more importantly, the breeding would suggest that it's been campaigned over much too short a distance in its career thus far. The booking of a really promising claimer is perhaps another clue that the horse might show improved form here and although speculative, at least the horse is trying something new for the first time and might just leave all previous form behind.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 Kempton 8.00 - Tizlove Regardless (1pts win, 3/1 BetVictor) Has a good record of 3 wins from 5 starts on the All Weather (one of those here at Kempton) and that last win was just two runs ago. The run on turf at Leicester was too bad to be true fnishing 7th of 7 and 44 lengths off the winner but I can forgive a poor run and something must not have been right that day. He has had a break since then and back on the AW surface should go well of that last run was just a blip.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 2.00 LINGFIELD (AW) (Class 6 - 7f Maiden Stakes) COMPTON MILL @4/5 (bet365 #BOG) 2yo colt from Compton Place trained by Hughie Morrison, who has a close to 15% career strike rate on the all-weather, Compton Mill is the clear fav after his promising debut at Newbury one month ago. RPR of 75 with a progressive 4th place that time, now he's asked to improve on the synthetic surface in a very weaker contest. Plenty of chances to win a maiden sooner or later and the booking of W Buick (only the fifth time ever with Morrison) is particularly eye-catching (he's above 17.5% at the track). Stable is banging winners lately, already 6 on 26 runs in the last fortnight. Draw is ok, should be 8/11 at best.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 3.40 Exeter: Court By Surprise 9/2 bet365/Sky Interesting contest and not as competitive as first looks in my opinion as plenty seem badly handicapped to me at the start of the season and one or two others may need a run or two before becoming of interest. Court By Surprise is both well handicapped and just the type Emma Lavelle gets ready first tim out and with the ground in his favour is worth taking a chance with here. Never ran a bad race last year and deserves to win a prize and should do now he has come down the weights a touch.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 Copied From My New Novice Chasers Thread..... 15.10 Exeter - Class 4 Beginners Chase Good beginners race at Exeter with 3 decent hurdlers making there chase debuts in a 2m 1.5f race ....... Far West - 5yo from the Paul Nicholls yard who is rated at OR 147 over hurdles and was 2nd in the Triumph Hurdle in 2013 behind Our Conner. Did not really improve much last year. 10 races over hurdles with 4 wins. Grade 2 winner as a Juvenile. Unlikely to race much beyond this distance this year. Current favourite. Puffin Billy - 6yo from the Oliver Sherwood yard who is rated at OR 143 over hurdles with a Grade 2 Novice Hurdle win in December 2012. Been of the track for over a year after getting colic. Likely to need the run and given a gentle introduction today on his return. Again likely to be kept to distances around the minimum trip. One for the future as chasing was always the intention with Puffin Billy. Dunraven Storm - 9yo from the Philip Hobbs yard who is rated at OR 143 over hurdles and has won 2 of his last 4 races. Overall hurdles record of 4 wins from 12 starts. Has won twice here at Exeter in a bumper and novice hurdle. May get up to 2m 4f (having won over hurdles over 2m 3.5f) and despite only attempting the chase game for the first time at 9 could run a big race. The rest look seriously out of there depth against these 3 and it would be a big shock if one of the 3 market leaders does not win. Preference for today is for Dunraven Storm who will have the stamina to stay up that long uphill finish which is 1/2 mile. I think that Puffin Billy will not be given a tough race on his comeback from injury and connections will be looking to the future rather than today. Far West is clearly the best hurdler but an indifferent season over hurdles and a slow start to the season for trainer Paul Nicholl's makes me think that he will need the race today and again the future rather than today is more important for connections. However, I do expect Puffin Billy and Far West to be better novice chasers in the future than Dunraven Storm. 1 Pt Win - Dunraven Storm - 5\2 PP

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 Exeter 3:40 - According To Trev WIN @ 8/1 Bet365 The Scudamore/Bridgwater team went close with a gamble yesterday so the yard could be in fine health. This is a very tricky horse, tends to run a lot of bad races, but he is well handicapped off a mark of 128 here if he gets his act together. It was Cheltenham 2013 he was running off a mark of 140 and now having his first run for the new yard since leaving Twiston-Davies he is interesting.

Re: Nap of the Day - Tuesday 21st Oct 2014 2.40 Exeter Hello George win 10/3 betvictor Having won this 4/9 times , Hobbs knows what it takes to win this. Selection brings good bumper form to this race with Aintree 3rd on debut reading well , also has form at similar tracks to this so will handle the uphill finish , will get further but looks a good starting point.