Nap of the Day - Friday 29th August 2014

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 29th August 2014 Cape Caster 7.10pm Salisbury - 1pt WIN - 11-1 BetVictor (BOG) Frustrating sort at times but softer ground and Hughes on board could see this back to winning ways. Ran a cracker at Donny on soft when 2nd, taking a while for the penny to drop then. Ran well enough here 3 runs ago when 3rd and hampered in a class 3 handicap. Slight drop in class today to class 4 and given the right kind of hold up ride by Hughesy could see this one finish full of running. Slight concern is whether this trip is ideal or if 10f suits more.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 29th August 2014 Thirsk 3.50 - My Name Is Rio (1pts win, 14/1 Coral) One of the lesser exposed horses in this field has a good overall strike rate of 4 wins from 11 starts, the last of which coming two runs ago at Pontefract. Has since been well beaten lto but I can forgive a poor run and had won 3 of his last 4 starts before that lto run and just feel there could be more to come from the horse.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 29th August 2014 Sandown 3:35 - Man Of Harlech WIN @ 11/2 Bet Victor This lightly raced horse should appreciate the ground at Sandown today and he comes here after a nice break since May so should be fresh. This horse won't go on good to firm or firm ground and that is the main reason we have not seen him but with softer conditions today it is ideal. There has been plenty of rain over the last day or so in the area and this son of Dansili won nicely at Windsor in April with the pair pulling a mile clear of the rest. The yard is going well and he should be bang there.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 29th August 2014 3.15 Thirsk - 1pt win Green Howard @ 15/2 (Sportingbet) I think the favourite is vulnerable kept to this grade and I like Robin Bastiman's charged dropped back down to 7f. Has been running with credit over a mile the last twice despite finding his effort petering out late on and 5 of his 6 career wins have come at this distance (the other being 6f). Is 2lbs above his last winning mark but that was comfortable and has won off higher in the past. Hopefully it won't be riding too quick at Thirsk this afternoon and with his wellbeing apparently little issue, ought to go very well now back to more suitable conditions.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 29th August 2014

5.05 bangor one for hocky 1 pts win 13/10
Need to name the bookmaker, remember a number of bookies can not be used if unsure which check the rules thread. Link here....... http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/151521-NAP-Of-The-Day-Competition-Rules-Prize-Money-(replaces-BBOTD) Remember no editing of any thread containing selections. Good luck!

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 29th August 2014 Thirsk 3.50 Very competitive but i think the top weight is better than this grade and has got a nice draw in 14 so has no excuses. Ran below best at Ripon last time but has ran poorly there before, it happens at Ripon sometimes with the ridges etc...This should be more to his liking and has to be thereabouts. A long shot is Rothesay Chancer, Jim Goldie, Graham Lee, good draw, big price. Selections: EW Compton Park 6/1 Stan James

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 29th August 2014 kidmeforever 2.10 thirsk. her best form can see her go close in context with todays race, and with no trip and ground concerns, and with the blinkers going on for the first time, i feel she will show a bit of improvement today. if thats the case and others dont improve beyond expecations, then i see no reason why she shouldnt be able to fight out the finish of this race under luke morris. 0.5 pts ew 12/1 ladbrokes bog