** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Wimbledon 2014

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Hello! WAW to beat Federer @3.40 offered by bet365 Simply too good to be missed! My view on Federer is recent at Halle, please note that i didnt see anything from Federer HERE.....but doesnt make any sense, i think limited only things may change in a player within couple of weeks, correct? I still rate WAW as a title candidate here, together with Dinitrov and Cilic....I think that one of those 3 guys has the package needed to make it till the end and lift the trophy...WAW however, is the only one with grand slam winner background, and i guess you everybody understand how important is this fact.....Anyway, all of them they play today against the big guys, and we will gonna see WHO is the real treat to challenge the favorites! None, one, two, 3? Today the answer will be delivered I remember that WAW simply smashed Federer in Monte Carlo, today is grass of course, but Federer IS WEAKER than the past...He is NOT the Federer WE WITNESSED IN THE PAST, LIFTING ONE Wimbledon title after the other!. He has weak sides on his game for sure, he even gained some fat. The other one is Bouchard @1.72 to beat Kerber Price is offered by bet365 and various The young Canadian looks unstoppable in my eyes, top price this one if you ask me! I never trust Kerber to do something big honestly, she doesnt has the package to be a champion! bye bye I would like to inform everybody, that anyone who comes here to judge others people arguments instead of placing his own, he has been laid by Emiliano since 1862! Have a nice day all!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014

Hi all, just looking for some advice have placed a Wager on Kerber Tournament outright $25 @ $56s . Do you see her winning , or think i should place a bet on bouchard or other opponents down the road. Cheers
I can definitely see her winning against Bouchard, not so sure about Halep though. If you need the money, however, laying her right now might be the correct option.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Stanislas Wawrinka (+4.5) to beat Roger Federer for a 8/10 stake at 1.80 with 10Bet Wawrinka has a real chance here in my opinion, as he just isn't worse than Federer anymore and as he's already lifted the curse by beating him in Monte Carlo earlier this year. The legend is yet to be tested here and he had some problems against Robredo in the third set - when the Spaniard started to return his serves, that is - so I believe that Wawrinka will be able to cover this line more often than not here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wawrinka-vs-federer-betting-stanislas-wawrinka-can-impress-against-roger-federer-yet-again

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Wow. Really surprised to see people writing off Kyrgios so quickly. I admit that I did the same, until I actually watched his match against Nadal. This kid can play tennis. Sure he has the serve, the forehand, the backhand and the volley, but he can play tennis. He can construct a point. I'm a massive Raonic fan but I have not seen him play like Kyrgios. They both really faced nobody's until the 4th round and Raonic beat Nishikori (who is also one of my favs) but he lost 2 sets doing it. Kyrgios dominated Nadal. If Kyrgios can hold his nerve I have this match as at least 50/50.

I can definitely see her winning against Bouchard' date=' not so sure about Halep though. If you need the money, however, laying her right now might be the correct option.[/quote'] Thanks for the input czech! was thinking of holding off , thinking she should win today and hoping for a Halep loss ;) And then backing halep maybe in the semis v Kerber!

1 pick for the WIMBLEDON: LISICKI-HALEP OVER 20 GAMES @ 1.6 on pinnaclesports Bookies overrate Halep on grass in my opinion. Lisicki is a great grass court player with big serve and big forehand. It should not be an easy win for Halep.
Sabine is injured, she had 20 DF in last match, it is going to be very dificult today

Hello! WAW to beat Federer @3.40 offered by bet365 Simply too good to be missed! My view on Federer is recent at Halle, please note that i didnt see anything from Federer HERE.....but doesnt make any sense, i think limited only things may change in a player within couple of weeks, correct? I still rate WAW as a title candidate here, together with Dinitrov and Cilic....I think that one of those 3 guys has the package needed to make it till the end and lift the trophy...WAW however, is the only one with grand slam winner background, and i guess you everybody understand how important is this fact.....Anyway, all of them they play today against the big guys, and we will gonna see WHO is the real treat to challenge the favorites! None, one, two, 3? Today the answer will be delivered I remember that WAW simply smashed Federer in Monte Carlo, today is grass of course, but Federer IS WEAKER than the past...He is NOT the Federer WE WITNESSED IN THE PAST, LIFTING ONE Wimbledon title after the other!. He has weak sides on his game for sure, he even gained some fat. The other one is Bouchard @1.72 to beat Kerber Price is offered by bet365 and various The young Canadian looks unstoppable in my eyes, top price this one if you ask me! I never trust Kerber to do something big honestly, she doesnt has the package to be a champion! bye bye I would like to inform everybody, that anyone who comes here to judge others people arguments instead of placing his own, he has been laid by Emiliano since 1862! Have a nice day all!
BRAVO EUGENIE, BRAVO EUGENIEEEEEEEEEEE

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Eugenie Bouchard vs Simona Halep over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power well the kerber match was easy so this match should be the classic we all want and two players fighting out to play in a grand slam final so it should be a titanic battle with two upcoming stars of the game i say one these players will go on to win the title

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Lucie Safarova (+1.5 sets) to beat Petra Kvitova for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle Fancy Safarova to take at least a set off the former champion on Thursday at this price. She's yet to show any signs of nervousness and she's been playing superb tennis so far, so she should have every chance against Kvitova, who looks much shakier to me at the moment. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/safarova-vs-kvitova-betting-lucie-safarova-can-take-a-set-off-the-former-champion-on-thursday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Simona Halep (-1.5) to beat Eugenie Bouchard for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Bet365 First of all, I still rate Halep as the better player of the two. Secondly, she'll be under less pressure than Bouchard, who's yet to make it to the finals in a Grand Slam and who might easily fail to impress in this situation for the third time in a row. Anyway, the bottom line is that I see Halep as a pretty big favorite in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/halep-vs-bouchard-betting-simona-halep-looks-value-to-make-it-through-to-the-finals-at-sw19

Back Simona Halep (-1.5) to beat Eugenie Bouchard for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Bet365 First of all, I still rate Halep as the better player of the two. Secondly, she'll be under less pressure than Bouchard, who's yet to make it to the finals in a Grand Slam and who might easily fail to impress in this situation for the third time in a row. Anyway, the bottom line is that I see Halep as a pretty big favorite in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/halep-vs-bouchard-betting-simona-halep-looks-value-to-make-it-through-to-the-finals-at-sw19
Would like to see an equation of value in this prediction. Anyway, have you ever seen Bouchard playing under visible impact? She's always fearless and don't you assume that AO and FO semifinals gained her a lot of experience?

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Lucie Safarova (+1.5 Sets) to beat Petra Kvitova @ 1.833 Pinnacle Lucie Safarova (+3.5 Games) to beat Petra Kvitova @ 1.971 Pinnacle I think Safarova is value here on the match line, but I'll take the safer handicap lines instead. She played Kvitova just before this tournament on grass, and after a slow start only lost in a final set tie-break. Her form so far in this tournament has been exceptional, in as much as she's played some good players and is yet to drop a set. Kvitova has also been playing well and has won this title before, so I can see why she is the favourite but she isn't always the most consistent of players. Three sets look a real possibility to me, which should see both these lines home. Eugenie Bouchard to beat Simona Halep @ 2.410 Pinnacle Eugenie Bouchard (+2 Games) to beat Simona Halep 2.020 Pinnacle This is another match where I think there's a good chance of three sets, and if it does go the distance then Bouchard could cover the handicap even in defeat like she did when she played Halep in Indian Wells this year. I actually think the Canadian might win this match, as she's been very consistent so far in this tournament. She hasn't dropped a set in reaching this stage and has played better players than Halep in my opinion, and as much as the Romanian has had a stellar year I'm not convinced about her fitness. She beat Lisicki easily enough in her last match but was heavily strapped, whilst Bouchard doesn't seem to have any physical problems at the moment. I see this as a pretty even contest, so I'll take Bouchard at the price.

Would like to see an equation of value in this prediction. Anyway' date=' have you ever seen Bouchard playing under visible impact? She's always fearless and don't you assume that AO and FO semifinals gained her a lot of experience?[/quote'] She certainly gained a lot of experience and I'll be happy to see her convert that into something tangible - and it's obvious that this is her best chance yet to make it to the finals. However, she'll also be under more pressure than ever and yes, even Bouchard can be affected by that in my opinion (I'd say that she was playing under visible impact against Li Na back in Australia, for example). Finally, I think that Halep can make her uncomfortable by making her run around much more than she's used to. Bouchard isn't a massive underdog though, so, if you like her chances, I'd say go ahead.

Eugenie Bouchard vs Simona Halep over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power well the kerber match was easy so this match should be the classic we all want and two players fighting out to play in a grand slam final so it should be a titanic battle with two upcoming stars of the game i say one these players will go on to win the title
How did this bet not come through she won first the set in a tie break

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Roger Federer vs Milos Raonic Federer to win -3.5 games 4/5 paddy power i think federer will have too much class as his opponent will playing in his first semi final so the nerves will be there so he may not play his natural game but might make few sets tight with federer winning them

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back 1st Serve Percentage - Raonic - Over 64.5% for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Skybet Raonic has covered this line in every single match so far, so I think that there's a good chance that he'll be able to do it in the semis as well. The pressure is likely to affect his serve a little bit at the start, but he should be fine once he settles into the match, so I expect him to cover this line more often than not here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/raonic-vs-federer-betting-milos-raonic-can-keep-his-first-serve-percentage-reasonably-high-in-the-semis

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back N.Djokovic/G.Dimitrov - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power Can't see this being over in three sets. Dimitrov isn't good enough to win 3-0 in my opinion and Djokovic is yet to find his destructive best in this year's Wimbledon, so it's really hard to see either of the two prevailing in straight sets on Friday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/djokovic-vs-dimitrov-betting-grigor-dimitrov-and-novak-djokovic-look-set-to-play-four-or-five-sets-or-friday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Grigor Dimitrov (+2.5 Sets) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.526 Pinnacle Grigor Dimitrov (+5 Games) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 2.060 Pinnacle I'm not brave enough to back Dimitrov outright, but I think he should be good for at least a set in this match. The Bulgarian is in a rich vein of form on the grass and he had a much easier quarter-final than Djokovic, which might help him to keep pressure on the Serbian during this match. For his part, Djokovic doesn't seem to have hit top gear in this tournament yet. That might change as the final is in sight, but he needed five sets to see off Cilic last time out and was having trouble staying on his feet at times. If he doesn't feel confident about his footing against Dimitrov, his level might drop and he could be in trouble. Most likely Djokovic will find a way to win, as he did against Cilic, but Dimitrov has the talent to make him work for it and cover both lines. Milos Raonic (+3.5 Games) to beat Roger Federer @ 1.926 Pinnacle Raonic served superbly in the last round against Kyrgios and even though Federer is better on return than the young Australian, a similar serving display could lead to this match being decided by tie-breaks. When Raonic played Federer on grass in Halle a couple of years ago the match went the distance and had two tie-breaks, and I think Raonic has improved on the surface since then. Federer has been playing better than he did last year, but in my opinion the Swiss has been made to look good in this tournament by a succession of mediocre grass court players. In the last round, Wawrinka made a good start and took the first set, but after that I thought he was poor and his lack of pedigree on grass was exposed. Raonic has said that he isn't the biggest fan of grass courts, but he seems to have learnt how to get the best out of his game on them and he looks determined to make the final here. He might not manage it, but if he serves well he could cover this line even in a straight sets loss.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Zheng/Hlavackova defeat Errani/Vinci at 3.21 with Pinnacle So much value backing Zheng/Hlavackova at such price. They play well so far in this tournament. Errani/Vinci are not dominant on grass. They escaped 5 or 6 MPs in the second rounds. It should be a hill-hill match in my opinion.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Hello! Really difficult semis day. The reason is that i dont see any upset, and i expect both Djokovic and Federer to go through....Unfortunately, my favorite player of Dimitrov, does not has the physical and mental strength to challenge a monster grand slam winner player as djoko is....Dimitrov didnt beat Murray, but Murray beat him self, a shadow of Murray, a worst grand slam player in a decate Dimitrov showed some weakness in his game, he simply dont belongs at the moment to the top of the tour, he is a step behind Djokovic -4.5 games to beat Dimitrov @1.66 by bet365 Federer found finally motivation to rise his game, but definitely he is not the one of the past. I think that WAW missed very good opportunity, but as he admitted, he was feeling the tiredness of a three days in a row of complicated matches.... Raonic is a total new player, he fires aces for fun, and he looks competitive in rallies too, not for long rallies, but for 9-10 strokes for sure. I rate him as a better and improved edition of Roddick, at least for this very moment I go for Raonic +3.5 games to beat Federer @1.90 offered by bet365 Have a nice day all!

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back P.Kvitova/E.Bouchard - Under 23 games for a 8/10 stake at 1.95 with Pinnacle Too high a line I'd say. Both Kvitova and Bouchard can obviously serve well and also follow that up with some big hitting, but, with all the pressure and everything, chances are that we aren't going to see a true epic on Saturday. We all saw how Safarova and Halep self-destructed in the semis - and something similar could easily happen in the finals on Saturday as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kvitova-vs-bouchard-betting-the-total-games-line-for-the-women-s-finals-looks-a-touch-high

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Roger Federer to beat Novak Djokovic at 2.51 at with Pinnacle 10/10 stake So, we're here again, with the bout that has typically proven to be the most enjoyable match-up for myself and many across the last decade of top-flight tennis. Boy have we seen some matches between these two gladiators of the sport. Two of the modern game’s titans going at it, head to head on a grass-court at the World's most prestigious sporting event, behind the World Cup and Olympics games. :yeah: The player playing profiles Roger Federer: The elegant aggressive, front-foot base liner, with now what he’s formed as an extra chink to his already sick arsenal. Teaming up with legend Stefan Eddberg has allowed the GOAT to get even GOATER, with the skill of being able to know when to sense the opportune moments that is to ghost into and cut down his opponents from the net. (As they appear to be on the back foot) Novak Djokovic: The ridiculously athletic/elastic and well prepared on almost every single ground-stroke you’ll see him play, baseliner. Who’s proven he’s not only just sick on hard-courts, but yes a master of all trades. The bloke's ability to flip the script and switch being in, what seemingly is a defensive position, to suddenly an attacking position, is second to none! There's never been a player with a better ability to transition during rallies between defence and attack like this bloke can. Sometimes he’s so sick at it, you feel the umpire should call him a doctor. The match-up and the influential effect the cent court’s dried up conditions, now being the second week, will have. Although many of their matches in the past have been 'Attack versus Defence' show-piece classics. I imagine in grass Nole may need to ensure he doesn’t allow Roger to dictate most of the rallies. Novak must be willing to take that initiative, when the moment is there and arises. I would be concerned if he ever thought, JUST keeping an immaculate and consistent depth on the ball deep to the baseline would be enough on a grass-court, especially against this man. If he does, well we may very well be in for a 2012 Wimbledon semi-final style beat-down here. Onto the conditions of the baseline on centre court. Contrary to popular belief, the dried area of the baseline on centre court by the second week does not actually suit baseliners like Djokovic with immaculate movement. How can they use their immaculate feet and movement up and around the baseline if they are continuously slipping? For me the match-up therefore favors Federer for not only the reason it's grass, but also the reason the courts feel to a baseliner that relies on their movement, like they're roller-blading on ice. Federer tends to to find these slippery surfaces beneficial, as it always ends up favouring him. With his game style , it probably explains why. Evidence is when we date our minds back to the Madrid Clay Masters after they went all BLUE on us. It was near impossible for players to change direction and the guys whom dominated the tournament were Tomas Birdshit and Roger Federer. Federer, of course took the title home in a tight 3 sets, whilst we had Nole and Rafa barely being able to make it beyond the second round, bitching and crying. Both even threatened to go on strike from the tournament IF Madrid or the ATP didn’t sort it out. This could be a small part of the reason Federer has only lost one Wimbledon final loses. It's tougher to change direction around that area of the court and with Federer’s game, we know thats where most players find themselves. Ontop of this the centre court conditions by Sunday won’t be doing Djokovic’s game any favours either. It's tough to change direction around that area of the court and as we know Djokovic's game is mostly built around doing this. He needs to be able to grip onto the court and protect himself from being forced behind the baseline by not give his opponents anything to work with. He may have to drift behind it on Sunday though I’m afraid, as he won’t be getting much depth on the ball given how well unprepared he’ll be for every shot whilst slipping and sliding. My personal/own prediction: Nole will find it a PEST keeping Roger from being able to step inside, get on the front-foot and control/dictate from the centre. As mentioned the baseline is just too slippery for him to move along now. Roger as we know has built a career on front-foot tennis and smothering bitches. So you feel this plays right into his hands. Djokovic has struggled here in the past at the All England Club when it comes to the second week. Del Potro in the semi-final last season, Nole made a full blown 5 course meal of Juan Martin Del Potro and let's not get started with talk on the final. Roger Federer to win his 18th grand-slam and 8th Wimbledon Crown on the greatest tennis court and stadium in the world, the centre court.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Womens Final: Eugenie Bouchard vs Petra Kvitova over 22.5 games 4/5 paddy power Bouchard to have most double faults 5/4 paddy power Kvitova for the first break of serve 8/11 paddy power Bouchard for first double fault evens paddy power Kvitova to lead after two games of the first set 11/4 paddy power one already has grand slam the other is her first grand slam final so usually the one who is least experienced starts the match with nerves and makes a few mistakes so i feel Bouchard wont start well and may have a few double faults but i think the longer the match goes on the less nervous she will be and will start to play her best tennis so i still think it will be close

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Eugenie Bouchard to beat Petra Kvitova @ 2.230 Pinnacle Eugenie Bouchard (+1.5 Games) to beat Petra Kvitova @ 2.010 Pinnacle I would have the prices more even in this match, as I think a case can be made for either player. Kvitova has the advantage of having played in and won a Wimbledon final, but I'm not sure how relevant that is here as she was the underdog in that match. The Czech didn't carry the burden of expectation onto court then, and as the favourite this time it will be a different experience for her in many ways. I'm sure Bouchard will experience some nerves as this is such a big match, but to me the Canadian seems fearless and determined. She certainly has the game to take Kvitova on, and I think she might have the edge mentally which could make all the difference.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Kvitova to lift the women trophy @1.72 offered by bet365 Although i support Bouchard together with the audience i cant support her placing money on her victory Here i go with the experience and the mental strength of a proven and established grand slam winner player I watched KVITOVA once here, and it was the very interesting match against Venus Williams, i noticed her willingness and passion to return to the throne of wimbledon Bouchard is impressive player, but Kvitova in no way is Halep. The Romanian was looking very uncomfortable on grass, even sometimes she was looking more as comedian than player Kvitova to lift the trophy bye bye

Womens Final: Eugenie Bouchard vs Petra Kvitova over 22.5 games 4/5 paddy power Bouchard to have most double faults 5/4 paddy power Kvitova for the first break of serve 8/11 paddy power Bouchard for first double fault evens paddy power Kvitova to lead after two games of the first set 11/4 paddy power one already has grand slam the other is her first grand slam final so usually the one who is least experienced starts the match with nerves and makes a few mistakes so i feel Bouchard wont start well and may have a few double faults but i think the longer the match goes on the less nervous she will be and will start to play her best tennis so i still think it will be close
Well nearly all bets come through in the end