** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2014

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Caroline Wozniacki (-4.5) to beat Ana Konjuh for a 8/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnacle I'm afraid that this is where it all ends for Ana Konjuh, who was gifted a victory by Yanina Wickmayer in the previous round. Caroline Wozniacki seems to be back in top form and she tends to have little problems against players of Konjuh's level, so I'd be very surprised to see anything else than an easy victory for the world's number sixteen in this contest. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-konjuh-betting-caroline-wozniacki-has-what-it-takes-to-crush-ana-konjuh

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back J.Wang/J-W.Tsonga - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power Back Jimmy Wang to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 2/10 stake at 5.80 with Pinnacle Tsonga looked rather average against both Melzer and Querrey, so I can definitely see him dropping at least a set against Wang on Friday, especially since he'll be on the courts for the fifth day in a row. He appeared to be fairly tired on Thursday as well, so it's hard to see him coming back if he concedes an early break in one of the sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wang-vs-tsonga-betting-jimmy-wang-to-trouble-the-world-s-number-seventeen-on-friday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Leonardo Mayer to beat Andrey Kuznetsov for a 8/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle Leonardo Mayer is the better player of the two in my opinion and Kuznetsov's win over Ferrer needs to be taken with more than just a grain of salt (the Spaniard was actually considering skipping this year's Wimbledon due to health reasons), so I am happy to side with the world's number sixty-four at this price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mayer-vs-kuznetsov-betting-leonardo-mayer-to-make-it-through-to-the-fourth-round

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Victoria Duval (+3) to beat Belinda Bencic for a 8/10 stake at 1.96 with Pinnacle Finally, I'll have a punt on Victoria Duval against Belinda Bencic. The American has already beaten the Swiss in this season and she also seems to be enjoying grass more than the world's number seventy one, so I think that she has every chance of covering this handicap line on Friday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/duval-vs-bencic-betting-victoria-duval-to-cover-the-handicap-line-against-belinda-bencic-at-sw19

Re: Wimbledon 2014 I think Petkovic @ 2.80 (Pinnacle) looks more than value v. Bouchard. Petko leads hh 3-0 including one win this year, they are both in good form, both 8-2 in their last ten matches. Both players played very well at the French. Dropped short in the grass WU event for Wimbledon and have advanced to R3 relatively easy. I see no reason at all why Petko should be such a big dog in this match.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Leonardo Mayer looks in top shape. I rate his current form as life form ever. I have seen a bit of Kusnetsov match against Ferrer, and definitely the Spaniard was a shadow of player... Mayer to beat Kusnertsov @1.83 offered by bet365 This is my 10/10 wimbledon bet There is an axiom in betting; Never go against in-form players, and this guy Mayer is not in-form , he is in the life form Plus Dimitrov @1.25 to beat Dolgopolov. I rate Dimitrov as the best player of the tournament together with Djokovic. One of those two will gonna lift the trophy according to my criteria Have a nice day all

Re: Wimbledon 2014 I agree with your analysis Emiliano but there are much better odds than 1.83 avaliable. He's 2.04 with Pinnacle and 2.06 with Betfair. I think Dimi will beat Dolgo but 1.25 is very low odds and to take so low odds I need to be "sure", not just believe. Dolgo on a good day is dangerous and while Dimitrov is a better player he has not got a great record in slams. I'm on Mayer though.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Smitkova to beat Jovanovski at 13-8. This girls coming under the radar a little bit! Qualified very comfortably and easily beat Hseih (who's good on grass) and the red hot form player Vandewehge! Feel like Jovanovski may be a little over-rated due to her win over Azarenka who was far from her best! Also think that Mayer will win and Garcia might be worth a pop at 2-1! But Smitkova is my main tip.

Re: Wimbledon 2014

Leonardo Mayer looks in top shape. I rate his current form as life form ever. I have seen a bit of Kusnetsov match against Ferrer, and definitely the Spaniard was a shadow of player... Mayer to beat Kusnertsov @1.83 offered by bet365 This is my 10/10 wimbledon bet There is an axiom in betting; Never go against in-form players, and this guy Mayer is not in-form , he is in the life form Plus Dimitrov @1.25 to beat Dolgopolov. I rate Dimitrov as the best player of the tournament together with Djokovic. One of those two will gonna lift the trophy according to my criteria Have a nice day all
Both delivered! I am especially happy coz my 10/10 delivered in style 3-0! Dimitrov is extra-ordinary player. What a giant player indeed! I am fan of him, and i support him, but honestly he showed lionheart mentality and skills! TITLE candidate for sure!

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Third Round Matches: Andrea Petkovic vs Eugenie Bouchard over 21.5 games evens paddy power these two are the form players at the moment and are capable of going far in the tournament so i feel this match will go all the way to a third set it will be two tight sets or three tight sets as there is nothing between these two Simona Halep vs Belinda Bencic over 20.5 games 10/11 paddy power Halep has not been on top form in these championships as i think grass is not her best surface also her opponent is playing great and is one these young and upcomng players on the tour that everyone is talking about Madison Keys vs Yaroslava Shvedova over 20.5 games 4/5 paddy power i feel that Keys could be the one to watch at these championships as she really on grass but her opponent is also just as good on this surface so it could be great battle between these two as Keys has had two tough matches Angelique Kerber vs Kristen Flipkens over 21.5 games 4/5 games i cant decide between these two as there are so evenly matched this has to go to a final set because they do play a lot of three setters i can guarantee if Kerber wins the first set she will lose the next one

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Andrea Petkovic to beat Eugenie Bouchard for a 7/10 stake at 3.17 with Pinnacle Good odds for Petkovic I'd say, especially since she has a 3-0 record against the Canadian. Moreover, Bouchard doesn't seem to be all that comfortable on grass, so it's quite hard for me to say where this sort of favoritism is coming from. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/petkovic-vs-bouchard-betting-andrea-petkovic-has-what-it-takes-to-upset-eugenie-bouchard-on-saturday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Alize Cornet (+7) to beat Serena Williams for a 8/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle Fancy Cornet to cover this handicap line more often than not here, as I am yet to be convinced by the world's number one in this tournament. Cornet is much better than Scheepers and she's not going to give up at any point, so I think that she's going to do quite well on Saturday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cornet-vs-williams-betting-alize-cornet-can-win-a-few-games-against-the-world-s-number-one

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back L.Kubot/M.Raonic - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 2.25 with Bet365 Back Lukasz Kubot to beat Milos Raonic for a 2/10 stake at 7.47 with Pinnacle Ebden was never supposed to trouble Raonic and Sock played surprisingly poorly against him on Thursday, but I think that Kubot will give him a good test, as he has the right game for doing well on grass. Moreover, the Canadian is certainly not the pinnacle of consistency and can throw in a shockingly bad performance from time to time (like he did against Gojowczyk in Halle, for example). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kubot-vs-raonic-betting-lukasz-kubot-to-trouble-milos-raonic-at-sw19

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back S.Giraldo/R.Federer - Over 30 games for a 6/10 stake at 1.99 with Pinnacle Back S.Giraldo/R.Federer - Over 3.5 sets for a 4/10 stake at 4.00 with Bet365 First real test for Federer and I think that he might find it tough to beat Giraldo 3-0. The Swiss legend isn't unbeatable anymore and he looked vulnerable in Halle, so I am willing to back Giraldo to do well on Saturday given these lines and odds. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/giraldo-vs-federer-betting-santiago-giraldo-might-be-able-to-impress-against-roger-federer

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Vera Znovareva (+3.5 games) to beat Zarina Diyas at 1.90 with Pinnacle The former Wimbledon finalist should have a chance to advance to the next round. This year as a wild card player she started slow in the first round, but then beat Vekic in straight sets. She definitely has advantage in terms of experience, which might be decisive. Diyas is a talented young lady, having a decent season on grass, but I can see her facing problems aginst her Russian opponent.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 WAW to beat Istomin @1.40 decent price is offered by tipico Janowics to beat Robredo @1.70 tipico WAW is a an established grand slam winner. As i see in this tournament, there are some chances to see a dark horse to lift the trophy My candidates are Dimitrov, WAW, Cilic But of course to do that you have to beat the big guys like Djokovic, Murray or even Nadal...something not impossible in my eyes after i witnessed djoko and murray yesterday... Jerzy Janowics is still developing his game. I rate his shape as near top, i think is matter of time to reach top form, and i predict a massive performance from him today against old Robredo... See you around!

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back John Isner to beat Feliciano Lopez at 2.26 with MarathonBet The American serving machine never reached the second week in Wimbledon, and this year he faces a difficult opponent in the 3rd round. Lopez is one of the most in form players on grass at the moment, but he does not have a decent record against big servers.

What do everyone think of Raonic Keys and Halep treble with Coral betting at 5/6 ?
Not worth it at all at that price in my opinion, although I'm struggling to understand this year's Wimbledon, so go for it if you trust it a lot. I've already said a bit about Raonic in one of my previews and I also didn't like Halep's performance yesterday, so putting them together doesn't look like a great idea to me.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 disaster, disaster... while i have to thanks you for the time you spend on this forum i have also to admit you are totally out of form predicting

Back Andrea Petkovic to beat Eugenie Bouchard for a 7/10 stake at 3.17 with Pinnacle Good odds for Petkovic I'd say, especially since she has a 3-0 record against the Canadian. Moreover, Bouchard doesn't seem to be all that comfortable on grass, so it's quite hard for me to say where this sort of favoritism is coming from. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/petkovic-vs-bouchard-betting-andrea-petkovic-has-what-it-takes-to-upset-eugenie-bouchard-on-saturday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Caroline Wozniacki (-4.5) to beat Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova for a 8/10 stake at 2.00 with Pinnacle Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova upset Li Na on Friday, but the Chinese number one basically handed her the victory by producing a crazy amount of errors, so it's not like she's in the form of her life or anything. Wozniacki doesn't look like a good match-up for her and the Dane has been playing really well recently, so I think that she's going to cruise through to the QFs without any problems. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-zahlavova-strycova-betting-caroline-wozniacki-can-cruise-through-to-the-qfs

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Czech, I saw Wozniacki against Konjuh and was not impressed at all by her performance despite the seemingly convincing victory. Woz was never hitting winners, just returning the ball and waiting for UEs and hoping for her serve to save her out of trouble. Actually, the 17 year old Croat was playing better in 1st set and was hitting some incredible winners, but her inexperience cost her a lot and her many UEs and mental melt-down in 2nd set gifted Woz the victory. I think that if Strycova doesn't do so many UE, Wozniacki can be in big trouble against if she keeps on her negative style of playing.

Czech, I saw Wozniacki against Konjuh and was not impressed at all by her performance despite the seemingly convincing victory. Woz was never hitting winners, just returning the ball and waiting for UEs and hoping for her serve to save her out of trouble. Actually, the 17 year old Croat was playing better in 1st set and was hitting some incredible winners, but her inexperience cost her a lot and her many UEs and mental melt-down in 2nd set gifted Woz the victory. I think that if Strycova doesn't do so many UE, Wozniacki can be in big trouble against if she keeps on her negative style of playing.
Yes, but that's just how Caroline Wozniacki plays and it clearly works against players that do produce UEs and that do have mental melt-downs - and BZS is that sort of a player in my eyes. She looked one step from a melt-down against Li Na, but the Chinese number one always messed up with a missed smash or something. Don't get me wrong, BZS is a player that I like (she's Czech, after all), but I think that players like Wozniacki (0-3 H2H), Suarez-Navarro (1-6 H2H) and Errani (1-4 H2H) are the worst match-ups for her. Still, this isn't my Wimbledon by any means, so perhaps you're right.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Leonardo Mayer (+2.5 sets) to beat Grigor Dimitrov at 2.30 with PaddyPower The Argentine looks perfect so far and he should have a chance against Dimitrov on Monday. The Bulgarian faced difficulties against Dolgopolov and I can see that happening again. At least one set should be on the cards for Mayer. Back Angelique Kerber (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova at 2.24 with Pinnacle This years French Open winner looks unstoppable, she did not leave her opponents more than 3 games in a match... But this should be different with the German, who plays well on grass and can definitely cause problems for Sharapova. She will be able to cope with the Russian's power and stay in the rallies. I expect a close match between the two blondies.