** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Wimbledon 2014

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Tereza Smitkova (+4.5 games) to beat Lucie Safarova at 2.04 with Unibet The 20 years old Smitkova's Wimbledon progress might be a surprise for most of us, but she is capable of playing some great tennis and has a promising future. Safarova did everything right until this point, her great left handed serve can be an advantage and she should reach the next round, but I expect a tight battle between the two Czechs tomorrow.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Andy Murray (-6.5) to beat Kevin Anderson for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power Arguably, Andy Murray has been the best player of them all so far in this tournament, so it's hard to believe that he won't be able to crush Kevin Anderson on Monday. The South African usually fails when up against the top guns and he doesn't seem to be playing particularly well either, so I don't think that he has what it takes to defy that trend right now. Full previw here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-anderson-betting-andy-murray-should-have-no-problems-against-kevin-anderson-on-monday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back L.Mayer/G.Dimitrov - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Bet365 Can't see this ending up in an upset, but Mayer - in this kind of form - has what it takes to steal a set off the Bulgarian, who can still be quite inconsistent. Mayer seems to be serving really well in this tournament and this honestly looks like the run of his life, so I fancy him to push this over the 3.5 sets line at this price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mayer-vs-dimitrov-betting-leonardo-mayer-has-what-it-takes-to-steal-a-set-from-grigor-dimitrov-in-wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Alize Cornet (+1.5 sets) to beat Eugenie Bouchard for a 7/10 stake at 1.74 with Pinnacle Both ladies should feel the pressure, but Cornet looks rather underrated to me - not only because of her victory over Williams, but also because Bouchard doesn't look like the worst of match-ups for her. Cornet plays smart tennis and isn't afraid of changing pace/tactics mid-way through the match, which is something Bouchard could struggle to cope with. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cornet-vs-bouchard-betting-alize-cornet-to-get-at-least-a-set-against-eugenie-bouchard

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Nick Gyrgios vs Rafael Nadal over 30.5 games 4/5 paddy power ive been impressed with the Australian as he had some great wins against players who are ranked above him and is coming into this match with confidence but you cant say same with Rafa as he usually dont start well so the Australian might have a chance of winning the first set Feliciano Lopez vs John Isner over 45.5 games 4/7 paddy power this should be one fantastic match as they so evenly matched as they play great on grass and also with Lopez in great form he going into this with great confidence and is playing THE BEST tennis of his career but his opponent is one tough customer whose serve is so hard to return so maybe not many breaks of serve

Re: Wimbledon 2014 A rare foray into the WTA for me today. Lucie Safarova (-4.5 Games) to beat Tereza Smitkova @ 1.847 Pinnacle Props to Smitkova for making it this far, but I expect the experience of Safarova to prove too much for the young Czech here. This will be her seventh match of the tournament, and for me it's getting to the stage where lots of matches could be more of a hindrance than a help. Safarova should certainly have the edge as far as energy levels go, as she hasn't dropped a set in any of her matches. Something else I like is that three of the six sets that Safarova has played so far have featured a tie-break, and she has won them all. That indicates to me that she is in good mental shape, and coupled with how close she pushed Kvitova in Eastbourne it's hard to question her form on grass right now. Another possible angle in this match is that both players are Czech, and when you look at the age difference between the two it's conceivable that Safarova was a role model for Smitkova when she was younger - she might even be a role model still. As such this match could take on a slightly different dimension, as Smitkova might find it difficult to play her normal game with a player she looks up to on the other side of the net. I can't argue with how well Smitkova has done at this tournament, but I also can't help but think that's the reason for what looks like a generous handicap. Safarova is an established name whereas Smitkova is still making her way, and whilst she might be able to take a set I still think Safarova can cover the line on her way to the next round.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Feliciano Lopez (-1.5 Games) to beat John Isner @ 1.980 Pinnacle I think Lopez deserves favouritism in this match, due to his slightly more expansive game. Both players have made this round in similar fashion, winning their matches in straight sets and playing plenty of tie-breaks and close sets. Lopez is in terrific form right now, and beat Isner over five sets at the Australian Open a couple of years ago. Isner won the other two matches that they've played, but one was on American clay and the other was an end of season match where I would question how motivated Lopez was. I don't think there's any question that the Spaniard will be up for this match, and so if he does get the better of Isner I think he will cover this small handicap even if there are some tie-breaks. Denis Istomin (+4 Games) to beat Stan Wawrinka @ 1.885 Pinnacle I don't think there's any question that Istomin likes playing on grass, but I'm not sure the same can be said for Wawrinka. His record on the surface isn't great, and as Istomin has done well enough this grass court season I think he can keep this match close if not get what would be a shock win. He should have no problems believing he can win this match, as he beat Wawrinka at this tournament four years ago. Whilst Wawrinka is a better player overall than he was then, I don't think he is any better on grass. Something else to consider is that players in this part of the draw face playing three days in a row to progress in the tournament, and so it will be interesting to see what kind of appetite Wawrinka has for a comeback if he falls behind. I would be surprised if he thinks he can win Wimbledon and he has already bettered his performance here last year, and so I like Istomin here rather than the Swiss.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Marin Cilic (-4.5 Games) to beat Jeremy Chardy @ 2.050 Pinnacle Cilic got a big win in the last round against Berdych, which will have no doubt boosted his confidence. He held his nerve well in that match, and I think he will be too consistent for Chardy here. The Frenchman is talented but can be erratic, and he has already clocked up some miles at this tournament. All of his matches so far have gone past three sets and he has been involved in numerous tie-breaks, and so it could be that he is starting to fatigue. Cilic has had it slightly easier, and as the better grass court player and with Ivanisevic in his corner I expect him to find a way to manoeuvre past Chardy and into the next round. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (+2.5 Sets) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 2.080 Pinnacle Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (+6.5 Games) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.833 Pinnacle Tsonga hasn't beaten Djokovic for a long time now, and whilst I don't expect that to change in this match I don't see why he can't keep the match close or take a set. The Frenchman does well on grass and has good memories of this tournament, having made the last four a couple of years ago and accounting for Federer on the way to the last four the year before that where he lost to Djokovic in four sets. He should feel like he has nothing to lose as everyone expects Djokovic to win, and that could play into his hands like it did in the Federer match. A slight concern is the length of time he has spent on court so far, with five set matches against both Melzer and Querrey, but he did get some relief in that department with a straight sets win against Wang in the last round and he's been able to rest since. Djokovic gave up a set against Stepanek, albeit in a tie-break, so if Tsonga has recovered from his earlier matches and if he can play as well as he has done in previous editions of this tournament then a set is the least he should expect here.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Dimitrov vs Leo Mayer OVER 32.5 games @ 4/5 Paddy Power Dimitrov is in form but this is not a high line really....he will need a clean 3 setter to cover it. Not usually a fan of Mayer on the grass but he served alot of aces in the first two rounds beating Seppi and Baghdatis which are solid wins that I wouldn't have expected.Dimitrov should come through but I can see Mayer making life difficult, maybe taking a set.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Pick 1. Nick Kyrgios vs Rafael Nadal Over 3.5 Sets @ $2.75 on Bet365 Stake: 10/10 Australian Teenager Nick Kyrgios has nothing to lose and will throw everything at world number one Rafael Nadal. We have successfully gone against Nadal to drop a set in round two against Rosol, and think Nick Kyrgios is certainly in with a shout. Rafael Nadal looks rather vulnerable on grass court and has dropped the first set in each of his matches so far. He doesn't enjoy playing opponents with a powerful game style, and Nick Kyrgios defies raw power. The Australian is full of confidence, he has a monster serve and possesses a powerful and consistent ground stroke off both wings. These odds are massive, the bookies don't give Nick Kyrgios a chance but we think otherwise. Nick may not win this match but will certainly push the champ all the way. We advise a maximum stake on over 3.5 sets at juicy odds of $2.75 on Bet365. Pick 2. Sabine Lisicki vs Jaroslav Shvedova Over 20.5 Total Games @ $1.80 on Bet365 Stake: 8.5/10 This Quarter Final match between Lisicki and Shvedova can go the distance. Last years Wimbledon runner-up Lisicki looks to go one better this year but will have to overcome Shvedova who's in excellent shape. Both these players play their best tennis on grass court and looks to be an intriguing battle. One that we suggest not backing an outright winner, but this even contest can certainly overcome such a short line provided by the bookies. All thats required is one tight set, this can be easily achieved as both players possess big serves and are able to hold there own. We recommend a confident 8.5 stake on over 20.5 games. Pick 3. Barbora Zahlavova Strycova +4.5 Handicap Games Against Petra Kvitova @ $2.00 on Bet365 Stake: 10/10 Pick 4. Barbora Zahlavova Strycova To Beat Petra Kvitova @ $4.00 on Bet365 Stake: 5/10 Barbora Zahlavova Strycova is continuing to impress at Wimbledon, but can she continue this dream run? Bookmakers have her at juicy odds and we think she is definitely capable of causing an upset. After all, she has been an underdog in all her matches thus far. Barbora has taken out Li Na, Wozniacki, Vesnina and Kudryatseva without dropping a single set. She faces another giant in Petra Kvitova who is a lefty, possesses a tricky serve and very powerful groundstrokes. Zahlavova is a typical counter puncher and feeds off her opponents power, she has defeated Kvitova in the past and can certainly do it again. Take the underdog in Barbora Zahlavova Strycova to defeat yet another favourite and book a place in the semi-final.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Angelique Kerber (+5) to beat Maria Sharapova for a 7/10 stake at 1.79 with Pinnacle I expect Sharapova to win this at the end of the day, but she's yet to be tested and Kerber isn't a bad player by any means, so this line looks a touch high to me. The German has enough power to shoot through the Russian and she isn't going to fall apart like Riske did, so I expect this match to be rather tight. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kerber-vs-sharapova-betting-angelique-kerber-can-win-a-few-games-against-maria-sharapova

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Tommy Robredo (+2.5 sets) to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 2.90 with Pinnacle I don't think that lightning will strike twice for Robredo and that he'll beat Federer in a Grand Slam for the second time in a row, but a set should be within his reach in my opinion. Federer is vulnerable in longer rallies - and Robredo has what it takes to make them long. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robredo-vs-federer-betting-tommy-robredo-can-impress-against-roger-federer-on-tuesday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back P.Kvitova/B.Zahlavova-Strycova - Over 20.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Bet365 If Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova plays like she did against Wozniacki yesterday, she should have every chance of keeping this tight, as Kvitova doesn't like to play against opponents that can mix things up with volleys and drop shots. Moreover, she'll have to carry the weight of expectations here, as everybody expects the world's number six to crush her compatriot. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kvitova-vs-zahlavova-strycova-betting-a-long-match-should-be-on-the-cards-for-the-two-czechs-in-wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2014 I see interesting odds on Raonic vs Nishikori: Raonic to win match at 1,74 and to win match with h-1,5 games at 2,04 (marathon). I saw Nishikori vs Bolelli in last match and he needed 5 sets to win... did not see Raonic; is he ok? Thank you for informations.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back N.Kyrgios/R.Nadal - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 2.75 with Paddy Power Too high a price I'd say, as Kyrgios looks like a quality ball-basher who can not only serve well, but who also has plenty of courage and determination to impress on the big stage. His comeback against Gasquet was simply unbelievable and Nadal still looks vulnerable on grass, so I believe that there's every chance that the Spaniard is going to drop yet another set in his 2014 Wimbledon run today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kyrgios-vs-nadal-betting-rafael-nadal-to-drop-yet-another-set-in-his-2014-wimbledon-run

Re: Wimbledon 2014

I see interesting odds on Raonic vs Nishikori: Raonic to win match at 1,74 and to win match with h-1,5 games at 2,04 (marathon). I saw Nishikori vs Bolelli in last match and he needed 5 sets to win... did not see Raonic; is he ok? Thank you for informations.
Yep, Raonic looked fine against Kubot. No injuries to worry about as far as I know.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back G.Dimitrov/A.Murray - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power Good price I'd say, since it's pretty hard to see either guy winning this in straight sets. Murray has been virtually flawless so far, but Dimitrov will be a big step up and I think that he'll be able to steal at least a set from the Scot. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dimitrov-vs-murray-betting-grigor-dimitrov-has-what-it-takes-to-steal-a-set-off-the-scot

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Simona Halep (-3.5) to beat Sabine Lisicki for a 8/10 stake at 1.80 with Bet365 Fancy Halep to win this with something to spare, as she is the better player of the two at the moment and as she also seems to be improving with every single match. The Wimbledon magic appears to be working for Lisicki, but I believe that her run will come to an end on Wednesday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/halep-vs-lisicki-betting-simona-halep-can-cruise-through-to-the-semis-in-wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Stanislas Wawrinka vs Roger Federer over 40.5 games 4/5 paddy power this is toughest test for Federer as Wawrinka is a grand slam as he will be a tough player to beat and he has improved as a player in last few years and is capable of beating one of the greatest players of all time Eugenie Bouchard vs Angelique Kerber over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power this has got classic written all over it as they playing great and have had impressive wins over top players this will be very close and can go either way the only thing that can be against Kerber is that Bouchard has had a extra day off so she will be fresh so apart from that just sit back and enjoy the match

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Milos Raonic (-3) to beat Nick Kyrgios for a 9/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle Kyrgios deserves plenty of respect for that victory over Nadal, but Raonic is playing superb tennis at the moment and I just can't see the Australian recovering in time for this one. Interestingly, the two have met just a few weeks ago in the French Open and Raonic won that one with ease, so I'd be extremely surprised to see Kyrgios make it through to the semis on Wednesday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/raonic-vs-kyrgios-betting-milos-raonic-should-be-too-strong-for-nick-kyrgios-on-wednesday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 2 points for Milos Raonic to reach the final @5.50 on bet365 I think that there is a big possibility that Raonic reach the final this year. He is playing well and in the 1/4 finals he is playing Kyrgios who might be mentally too tired for another big win at this year's Wimbledon. In the semi finals he would be playing either Federer or Wawrinka who might as well become the victims of his big serve and powerful strokes from the baseline. Given this price I think it is worth betting on Raonic.