Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

Wimbledon 2014

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back L.Kubot/M.Raonic - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 2.25 with Bet365 Back Lukasz Kubot to beat Milos Raonic for a 2/10 stake at 7.47 with Pinnacle Ebden was never supposed to trouble Raonic and Sock played surprisingly poorly against him on Thursday, but I think that Kubot will give him a good test, as he has the right game for doing well on grass. Moreover, the Canadian is certainly not the pinnacle of consistency and can throw in a shockingly bad performance from time to time (like he did against Gojowczyk in Halle, for example). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kubot-vs-raonic-betting-lukasz-kubot-to-trouble-milos-raonic-at-sw19

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back S.Giraldo/R.Federer - Over 30 games for a 6/10 stake at 1.99 with Pinnacle Back S.Giraldo/R.Federer - Over 3.5 sets for a 4/10 stake at 4.00 with Bet365 First real test for Federer and I think that he might find it tough to beat Giraldo 3-0. The Swiss legend isn't unbeatable anymore and he looked vulnerable in Halle, so I am willing to back Giraldo to do well on Saturday given these lines and odds. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/giraldo-vs-federer-betting-santiago-giraldo-might-be-able-to-impress-against-roger-federer

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Vera Znovareva (+3.5 games) to beat Zarina Diyas at 1.90 with Pinnacle The former Wimbledon finalist should have a chance to advance to the next round. This year as a wild card player she started slow in the first round, but then beat Vekic in straight sets. She definitely has advantage in terms of experience, which might be decisive. Diyas is a talented young lady, having a decent season on grass, but I can see her facing problems aginst her Russian opponent.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 WAW to beat Istomin @1.40 decent price is offered by tipico Janowics to beat Robredo @1.70 tipico WAW is a an established grand slam winner. As i see in this tournament, there are some chances to see a dark horse to lift the trophy My candidates are Dimitrov, WAW, Cilic But of course to do that you have to beat the big guys like Djokovic, Murray or even Nadal...something not impossible in my eyes after i witnessed djoko and murray yesterday... Jerzy Janowics is still developing his game. I rate his shape as near top, i think is matter of time to reach top form, and i predict a massive performance from him today against old Robredo... See you around!

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back John Isner to beat Feliciano Lopez at 2.26 with MarathonBet The American serving machine never reached the second week in Wimbledon, and this year he faces a difficult opponent in the 3rd round. Lopez is one of the most in form players on grass at the moment, but he does not have a decent record against big servers.

Re: Wimbledon 2014

What do everyone think of Raonic Keys and Halep treble with Coral betting at 5/6 ?
Not worth it at all at that price in my opinion, although I'm struggling to understand this year's Wimbledon, so go for it if you trust it a lot. I've already said a bit about Raonic in one of my previews and I also didn't like Halep's performance yesterday, so putting them together doesn't look like a great idea to me.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 disaster, disaster... while i have to thanks you for the time you spend on this forum i have also to admit you are totally out of form predicting

Back Andrea Petkovic to beat Eugenie Bouchard for a 7/10 stake at 3.17 with Pinnacle Good odds for Petkovic I'd say, especially since she has a 3-0 record against the Canadian. Moreover, Bouchard doesn't seem to be all that comfortable on grass, so it's quite hard for me to say where this sort of favoritism is coming from. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/petkovic-vs-bouchard-betting-andrea-petkovic-has-what-it-takes-to-upset-eugenie-bouchard-on-saturday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Caroline Wozniacki (-4.5) to beat Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova for a 8/10 stake at 2.00 with Pinnacle Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova upset Li Na on Friday, but the Chinese number one basically handed her the victory by producing a crazy amount of errors, so it's not like she's in the form of her life or anything. Wozniacki doesn't look like a good match-up for her and the Dane has been playing really well recently, so I think that she's going to cruise through to the QFs without any problems. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-zahlavova-strycova-betting-caroline-wozniacki-can-cruise-through-to-the-qfs

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Czech, I saw Wozniacki against Konjuh and was not impressed at all by her performance despite the seemingly convincing victory. Woz was never hitting winners, just returning the ball and waiting for UEs and hoping for her serve to save her out of trouble. Actually, the 17 year old Croat was playing better in 1st set and was hitting some incredible winners, but her inexperience cost her a lot and her many UEs and mental melt-down in 2nd set gifted Woz the victory. I think that if Strycova doesn't do so many UE, Wozniacki can be in big trouble against if she keeps on her negative style of playing.

Re: Wimbledon 2014

Czech, I saw Wozniacki against Konjuh and was not impressed at all by her performance despite the seemingly convincing victory. Woz was never hitting winners, just returning the ball and waiting for UEs and hoping for her serve to save her out of trouble. Actually, the 17 year old Croat was playing better in 1st set and was hitting some incredible winners, but her inexperience cost her a lot and her many UEs and mental melt-down in 2nd set gifted Woz the victory. I think that if Strycova doesn't do so many UE, Wozniacki can be in big trouble against if she keeps on her negative style of playing.
Yes, but that's just how Caroline Wozniacki plays and it clearly works against players that do produce UEs and that do have mental melt-downs - and BZS is that sort of a player in my eyes. She looked one step from a melt-down against Li Na, but the Chinese number one always messed up with a missed smash or something. Don't get me wrong, BZS is a player that I like (she's Czech, after all), but I think that players like Wozniacki (0-3 H2H), Suarez-Navarro (1-6 H2H) and Errani (1-4 H2H) are the worst match-ups for her. Still, this isn't my Wimbledon by any means, so perhaps you're right.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Leonardo Mayer (+2.5 sets) to beat Grigor Dimitrov at 2.30 with PaddyPower The Argentine looks perfect so far and he should have a chance against Dimitrov on Monday. The Bulgarian faced difficulties against Dolgopolov and I can see that happening again. At least one set should be on the cards for Mayer. Back Angelique Kerber (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova at 2.24 with Pinnacle This years French Open winner looks unstoppable, she did not leave her opponents more than 3 games in a match... But this should be different with the German, who plays well on grass and can definitely cause problems for Sharapova. She will be able to cope with the Russian's power and stay in the rallies. I expect a close match between the two blondies.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Tereza Smitkova (+4.5 games) to beat Lucie Safarova at 2.04 with Unibet The 20 years old Smitkova's Wimbledon progress might be a surprise for most of us, but she is capable of playing some great tennis and has a promising future. Safarova did everything right until this point, her great left handed serve can be an advantage and she should reach the next round, but I expect a tight battle between the two Czechs tomorrow.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Andy Murray (-6.5) to beat Kevin Anderson for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power Arguably, Andy Murray has been the best player of them all so far in this tournament, so it's hard to believe that he won't be able to crush Kevin Anderson on Monday. The South African usually fails when up against the top guns and he doesn't seem to be playing particularly well either, so I don't think that he has what it takes to defy that trend right now. Full previw here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-anderson-betting-andy-murray-should-have-no-problems-against-kevin-anderson-on-monday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back L.Mayer/G.Dimitrov - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Bet365 Can't see this ending up in an upset, but Mayer - in this kind of form - has what it takes to steal a set off the Bulgarian, who can still be quite inconsistent. Mayer seems to be serving really well in this tournament and this honestly looks like the run of his life, so I fancy him to push this over the 3.5 sets line at this price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mayer-vs-dimitrov-betting-leonardo-mayer-has-what-it-takes-to-steal-a-set-from-grigor-dimitrov-in-wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Alize Cornet (+1.5 sets) to beat Eugenie Bouchard for a 7/10 stake at 1.74 with Pinnacle Both ladies should feel the pressure, but Cornet looks rather underrated to me - not only because of her victory over Williams, but also because Bouchard doesn't look like the worst of match-ups for her. Cornet plays smart tennis and isn't afraid of changing pace/tactics mid-way through the match, which is something Bouchard could struggle to cope with. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cornet-vs-bouchard-betting-alize-cornet-to-get-at-least-a-set-against-eugenie-bouchard

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Nick Gyrgios vs Rafael Nadal over 30.5 games 4/5 paddy power ive been impressed with the Australian as he had some great wins against players who are ranked above him and is coming into this match with confidence but you cant say same with Rafa as he usually dont start well so the Australian might have a chance of winning the first set Feliciano Lopez vs John Isner over 45.5 games 4/7 paddy power this should be one fantastic match as they so evenly matched as they play great on grass and also with Lopez in great form he going into this with great confidence and is playing THE BEST tennis of his career but his opponent is one tough customer whose serve is so hard to return so maybe not many breaks of serve

Re: Wimbledon 2014 A rare foray into the WTA for me today. Lucie Safarova (-4.5 Games) to beat Tereza Smitkova @ 1.847 Pinnacle Props to Smitkova for making it this far, but I expect the experience of Safarova to prove too much for the young Czech here. This will be her seventh match of the tournament, and for me it's getting to the stage where lots of matches could be more of a hindrance than a help. Safarova should certainly have the edge as far as energy levels go, as she hasn't dropped a set in any of her matches. Something else I like is that three of the six sets that Safarova has played so far have featured a tie-break, and she has won them all. That indicates to me that she is in good mental shape, and coupled with how close she pushed Kvitova in Eastbourne it's hard to question her form on grass right now. Another possible angle in this match is that both players are Czech, and when you look at the age difference between the two it's conceivable that Safarova was a role model for Smitkova when she was younger - she might even be a role model still. As such this match could take on a slightly different dimension, as Smitkova might find it difficult to play her normal game with a player she looks up to on the other side of the net. I can't argue with how well Smitkova has done at this tournament, but I also can't help but think that's the reason for what looks like a generous handicap. Safarova is an established name whereas Smitkova is still making her way, and whilst she might be able to take a set I still think Safarova can cover the line on her way to the next round.