** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2014

Re: Wimbledon 2014

Disgusting opening day for me. I think that it goes something like this for coverage (although I am not certain) - Center, No.1, No.2, No.3, No. 8, No.12, No. 16, No.17, No. 18.
Thanks, you can also add court 10 on that list. I find it in the meantime

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back J.Sousa/S.Wawrinka - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power Back Joao Sousa to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 3/10 stake at 4.82 with Pinnacle My traditional bet against Wawrinka in the first round of a Grand Slam. With Sousa playing well and Wawrinka's fitness looking questionable, I would be very surprised to see a 3-0 result in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sousa-vs-wawrinka-betting-joao-sousa-looks-value-to-upset-stanislas-wawrinka-in-wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back K.de Schepper/K.Nishikori - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 2.20 with Paddy Power Back Kenny de Schepper to beat Kei Nishikori for a 3/10 stake at 6.70 with Pinnacle Kei Nishikori looked rather suspect in Halle and his ongoing back problems are always an issue in the longer format of the game, so I expect Kenny de Schepper, who is a very competent player on grass, to take at least a set off the Japanese number one on Tuesday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/de-schepper-vs-nishikori-betting-kenny-de-schepper-can-keep-things-fairly-tight-against-kei-nishikori

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Julia Glushko Total Games - Over 7.5 for a 6/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power Back Julia Glushko to beat Sabine Lisicki for a 2/10 stake at 5.23 with Pinnacle Lisicki's Twitter seems to be full of training pictures, but the truth is that she's having a really poor season, so I don't think that she deserves this sort of favoritism here. Unless the pressure of playing on the center court gets to Glushko, I expect the world's number eighty-two to be rather competitive in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/glushko-vs-lisicki-betting-sabine-lisicki-s-return-to-wimbledon-could-easily-turn-into-a-big-letdown

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Magdalena Rybarikova to beat Belinda Bencic at 2.54 with Pinnacle The Slovakian lady does have a poor record in Wimbledon, albeit she played top seeded players in recent years in the first round (Radwanska, Williams). Bencic on the other hand is a huge talent, certainly a top 10 player for the future. But I feel she still lacks something that is necessary to progress in a grand slam. Rybarikova has a decent play for grass courts, and I expect her to break the negative record at this point, and reach the 2nd round.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Taylor Townsend +3.5 to beat Klara Koukalova for a stake of 7/10 @1.90 on bet365 Back Taylor Townsend to beat Klara Koukalova for a stake of 3/10 @2.75 on bet365 The american was a finalist at last year's Girls Wimbledon and is a huge talent. She's aggressive and if her service is in Koukalova will have a lot of problems. Last week Koukalova was powerless against Coco Vandenweghe who has a similar style like Townsend. Her service is really weak and the american could use that to take advantage in the points. Koukalova is good at the baseline but against powerful opponents she lacks the abilities to break them. Experience might be a factor here in favor of Koukalova but if Townsend manages to throw her service in occasionally she will have big chances. For these reasons I expect a surprise here and a win for the American young lady.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Madison Keys vs Monica Puig over 21.5 games evens paddy power Keys has had a great win at the weekend so she is coming into Wimbledon in great form but she is playing someone who is good on grass and who has a great record against her so it wont be easy but i expect her to come through the match in two tight sets Heather Watson vs Ajla Tomljanovic over 21.5 games 10/11 paddy power well the way she is playing Watson should win but she does make in it hard for herself sometimes and she is facing a tough competitor so expect a few twists and turns to see if she can win the match Daniela Hantuchova vs Eugenie Bouchard over 21.5 games evens paddy power this should be one tight match as there is nothing between them and you have to say Hantuchova is the better player on grass but her opponent has made two grand slam semi finals so she is a big time player and who is in form

Re: Wimbledon 2014 What do you guys think about Robert to beat Kyrgios? Odds are dropping fast from yesterday (and they are still nice, around 3.20). Im only worried about that Kyrgios won some challenger before Wimbledon and won something like 5 matches, so he will be used to grass. And Robert is a 34 year old veteran, he knows how to play, but will he have enough for 5 sets? I think the match will be intereseting and its worth to put some euros on Robert.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 1 pick for the WIMBLEDON: DANCEVIC+2.5 SETS HANDICAP OVER KARLOVIC @ 1.54 on pinnaclesports Karlovic is not at his best at all, Dancevic is a good grass court player with good serve and big forehand. expect it to be not an easy win for Karlovic, probably 4-5 sets match.

What do you guys think about Robert to beat Kyrgios? Odds are dropping fast from yesterday (and they are still nice' date=' around 3.20). Im only worried about that Kyrgios won some challenger before Wimbledon and won something like 5 matches, so he will be used to grass. And Robert is a 34 year old veteran, he knows how to play, but will he have enough for 5 sets? I think the match will be intereseting and its worth to put some euros on Robert.[/quote'] The problem is that Robert doesn't have the right game for grass, so I'd wait for the in-play betting really - if Kyrgios starts well, I think that he's going to win easily.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Kubot to beat Struff @ 2.05 with local bookie I really dont know if Kubot has some injury or what, but these odds are really ones to back. Kubot last year got to the 1/4 finals here, although the opponents were Andreev, Paire, Mannarino, Darcis, it shows that he is used to playing there. His big serve and volley will help surely. H2H is 0-0. This year he lost in Halle to Falla 2-1, who was hot as hell and nearly won a whole tournament. P.S Odds has gone up unbelievablie, I got him now @ 2.30

The problem is that Robert doesn't have the right game for grass' date=' so I'd wait for the in-play betting really - if Kyrgios starts well, I think that he's going to win easily.[/quote'] Thanks for advice Czech. I also checked his grass record, actually it isnt so bad. Last year he went all the way thru qualies and won a 1st rounder against Falla 3-0, but then lost to Paire 0-3.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back M.Klizan/R.Nadal - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 2.25 with Bet365 Back Martin Klizan to beat Rafael Nadal for a 2/10 stake at 8.36 with Pinnacle Martin Kliza can self-destruct against anyone, but he took a set off Nadal in last year's French Open and he's played some decent grass court matches recently, so I think that he has every chance of making this match a very interesting one. I don't expect a repeat of the Brown-Nadal match, that was an anomaly, but I don't expect Nadal to beat the Slovak in three sets either. Full preview here http://www.punterslounge.com/klizan-vs-nadal-betting-martin-klizan-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-the-world-s-number-one-in-london

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Igor Sijsling +5.5(1.93) to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber Quite a tricky first-round match-up for Kohly. He managed to reach the semis of Halle just recently, but generally speaking he was nowhere near being impressive, so I'm not sure whether he should really be rated as a heavy fav here. Sijsling has clearly dropped in form, but he's got a big serve and is also a big hitter, so on his day he should always be expected to push anyone all the way on this surface. Pierre-Hugues Herbert(2.25) to beat Jack Sock This one looks a wide-open. Sock is definitely more proven at this level and seems to have a clear edge in this clash, but still this clash is likely to be as tight as one can be. Herbert has got a very powerful serve and his style of play should be well suited to grass, so even tough Sock is occupying much better ATP Ranking, I still find this one as a typical "fifty-fifty" match. Julien Benneteau - Gilles Muller OVER 41.5(1.83) Both players with good serve, both very experienced and both well capable of performing on gras. This smells as one of those five-setters. Benneteau traditionally plays a pure marathon matches in the Slams, and now he's up against a player who's very familiar with this surface and surely won't give up without a big effort. Tatsuma Ito +3.5(1.99) to beat Simone Bolelli Really can't see why Bolelli is such a big fav here. He's struggling with both form and confidence for a very long time. Aside from a couple of runs in challengers, nothing's changed even this year. He's got more talent than Ito, but when it comes to grass-courts, the Japanese surely stands every chance here, at least to keep the match very tight. Tamira Paszek(2.25) to beat Kirsten Flipkens Quite a risky bet, mainly because Paszek is nowhere near being at her best. Lots of struggling over the past two years and it's really hard to trust her with the confidence. However, she's well capable of performing on grass and being up against a girl who's also not in the best shape at the moment gives her a decent chance today. Paszek had a great run on grass two years ago and surely has what it takes to cause Flipkens all sorts of troubles. Kristina Mladenovic(1.85) to beat Zarina Diyas It may not be a walkover, but Mladenovic should be able to do a job today. Diyas is also one of those much improved players, in form of her life, but the talent lies with Mladenovic IMO. She didn't really build up on great French Open performances, but her aggressive game should give her an edge over Diyas.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Yanina Wickmayer to beat Ana Konjuh for a 8/10 stake at 1.85 with Titanbet Ana Konjuh is certainly not without a chance in this one, but I'd have Wickmayer around 1.60 here, so the current price looks worth taking to me. Despite Konjuh's recent good form, there's still a decent gap between the two quality-wise and I expect Wickmayer to build on her victory against Samantha Stosur from the first round. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wickmayer-vs-konjuh-betting-yanina-wickmayer-to-make-it-through-to-the-third-round

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back L.Safarova/P.Hercog - Over 20.5 games for a 8/10 stake at 1.98 with Unibet This line has been covered in four of their six previous meetings and there simply isn't that much between the two, so, even though I expect Safarova to make it through to the third round at the end of the day, I think that we're going to see fairly long battle here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/safarova-vs-hercog-betting-a-long-match-might-be-on-the-cards-for-lucie-safarova-and-polona-hercog

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Yvonne Meusburger Total Games - Over 5.5 for a 8/10 stake at 1.88 with Pinnacle Back Yvonne Meusburger to beat Li Na for a 2/10 stake at 10.75 with Pinnacle I am not overly enthusiastic about backing yet another big underdog given what's transpired over the last couple of days, but I was shocked by how poor Li Na was in the first round, with Kania matching her in nearly every single department of the game. Unless Li improves and builds on that win, this could even be the first massive upset of this year's Wimbledon - and, even if she does, Meusburger should have every chance of winning at least six games today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/meusburger-vs-li-betting-li-na-might-be-surprisingly-vulnerable-in-the-second-round

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Tomas Berdych (-4.5) to beat Bernard Tomic for a 8/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle I like the look of the Czech on this handicap line. Bernard Tomic doesn't look particularly dangerous these days and Berdych recovered beautifully after losing the first set against Hanescu on Monday, so I think that he'll be able to win this one with minimal fuss. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-tomic-betting-tomas-berdych-to-beat-bernard-tomic-with-minimal-fuss-on-wednesday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 I usually dont do that, but today I will back two big underdogs, that I think have a big chance to make an upset. Meusberger to beat Li Na @ 11.25 with Pinnacle As Czech said in his post, Chinese didnt look confident in her first game. Took a while to beat some player from Poland that I even didnt recognise a lot in WTA tour. Meusberger is a decent top50 player, she sticks to her game plan and is capable of beating big names. She has enough experience to deal with pressure and if you are looking for odds above 10 to back, these are the ones. Jan Hernych to beat Bautista-Agut @ 4.50 with Unibet Hernych is a very good grass player. Yes, he is 34 years old, but in 1st round went thru a 5 set and 3 hour match against Kamke. Nothing against Bautista, good, solid player, but I think these odds are just worth taking.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Kevin Anderson vs Roger- Vasselin i really like Anderson -3.5 here. Odds are 1.72 on Sportsbet. I watched Rogers games last week and he didn't look good facing big servers and getting around the court, therefore Anderson is serving quite well at the moment I expect him to cover the line Marinko Matosevic vs Jeremy Chardy Marinko is having a good grass court season so far, from memory I believe this is his deepest run in a major slam. His notched up some respectable wins at queens and eastbourne against the likes of cilic and tsonga just to name a few. Chardy IMO didn't play that well last round against little known player Daniel cox. If he plays at the level I believe marinko will have him quite comfortably. I'll be taking the -1.5 here for marinko. Marin cilic vs Andreas Haider-Maurer IMO this should be straight foward for cilic, Andreas when playing classier players on any other surface that isn't clay, he struggles. I think he will be satisfied with his first round paycheck and will head home back to clay courts and challengers. I'll be taking TOTAL GAMES Under 31.5 Good luck to all

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Bojana Jovanovski under 7.5 games against Azarenka at 1.813 with Pinnacle Azarenka struggles a bit in the first round but she is gradually finding rhythm and she played better than last week against Giorgi. Given Jovanovski is not in good form coming to the Wimbledon, I think it’s hard for her to get over 7 games. Lauren Davis V.S. Pennetta – Lauren David +3 at 1.813 with Pinnacle Lauren David is in good form coming to the Wimbledon. Pennetta is not at her best, she lost to Watson last week and she produced more UEs than winners in the first round. So I think Lauren can put much pressure on Pennetta. Jimmy Wang V.S Mikhail Youzhny – Jimmy Wang +5.5 at 2.03with Pinnacle Mikhail Youzhny 3:2 Jimmy Wang at 8.0 with Paddypower Jimmy Wang 3:2 Mikhail Youzhny at 12.0 with Unibet Jimmy Wang again in the second round of Wimbledon. While Youzhny is definitely the better player of the two, he does not have big serve which Wang is afraid most. I think Wang can put some pressure on Youzhny and take this a very close game.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Klara Koukalova (+1.5 sets) to beat Madison Keys at 1.95 with Tipico Back Klara Koukalova to beat Madison Keys at 3.50 with MarathonBet I agree that Madison Keys is on a hot streak at the moment, but I can see her fairy tale ending tomorrow. Zakopalova is a very good player from the baseline, and we already saw in the first round that she can cope with powerful opponents as well. I expect the blonde Czech to make the American's life difficult tomorrow. Back Gilles Muller (+6 games) to beat Roger Federer at 1.82 with MarathonBet Muller possesses a devastating serve and a great play for grass courts. He was quite solid in the first round against Benneteau, honestly I do not consider his progress a surprise. I can see him playing 3 tight sets against Federer. Back Lukas Rosol (+6.5 games) to beat Rafael Nadal at 1.94 with DafaBet Back Lukas Rosol to beat Rafael Nadal at 8.70 with MarathonBet Nadal was all but impressive against Klizan in the first round and I expect him to struggle against the Czech tomorrow. Rosol knows how to beat him, as he already eliminated Nadal in Wimbledon 2 years ago. If his service game will work I can see him causing a lot of trouble for the world number 1.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back L.Rosol/R.Nadal - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 2.30 with Betsson Back Lukas Rosol to beat Rafael Nadal for a 2/10 stake at 8.38 with Pinnacle Nadal was quite poor in the opening round and it's certainly not guaranteed that he will be able to improve massively in such a short amount of time, so I am going to go against the world's number one once again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rosol-vs-nadal-betting-lukas-rosol-to-play-a-good-match-against-rafael-nadal-on-thursday

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Ch.Scheepers/S.Williams - Over 16 games for a 8/10 stake at 1.78 with Pinnacle Serena Williams is obviously good enough to win this 6-0 6-0, but Scheepers has already covered this line against her on two occasions and I think that she'll be able to do it for the third time in a row on Thursday, especially since the American didn't look all that convincing in her match against Tatishvili. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/scheepers-vs-williams-betting-serena-williams-looks-slightly-overrated-in-her-second-match-of-the-tournament

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Lu V.S. Wawrinka – Lu under 15.5 games at 1.97 with Pinnacle While Wang did a great job by defeating Youzhny, his compatriot Lu might find it hard to trouble Wawrinka. Lu is not physically perfect and that truly affects his performance during this grass season. He should have had an easier first round against Nedovyesov if he is fully fit. Wawrinka serves well with 18 aces in his first match, which is another negative for Lu because he is not good at dealing with big serves. I think Wawrinka can win this match in straight sets, but if not, under is still likely to be covered because an easy set for Wawrinka like 6:1 or 6:2 might happen in my opinion. Zheng Jie V.S. Ana Ivanovic - Zheng Jie +5.5 games at 1.943 with Pinnacle Zheng Jie +1.5 sets at 2.82 with Pinnacle Zheng can be a very solid and competitive player on grass as we know she was the semifinalist in 2008 here and had a very close match with Serena (3rd round) in 2012 here. Her performance is good so far in this grass season, maybe not as good as her performance in 2008, but she is still capable of putting much pressure on Ivanovic, especially given Ivanovic is not that good in the first round.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Richard Gasquet (-5) to beat Nick Kyrgios for a 8/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle Kyrgios might be a big talent, but he's still a level or two below Gasquet, so I expect the Frenchman to win this with minimal fuss. The first round showed that he is just fine physically and there's no doubt that he's much better than Kyrgios in nearly every single department of the game, so he should be able to cover this handicap line in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gasquet-vs-kyrgios-betting-richard-gasquet-can-cover-the-handicap-line-against-nick-kyrgios

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Yen-Hsun Lu +6.5(1.85) to beat S.Wawrinka Can't really rate Wawrink so high on grass. He's capable of performing on this surface every now and then, but it's really hard to trust him in the long run. Y.H.Lu is no mug, plus he's reached the 1/4-Final of Wimbledon a couple of years and surely has what it takes to at least cover this handicap. Santiago Giraldo(1.85) to beat Marcel Granollers Neither guy is some kind of grasscourt expert, but Giraldo just seems to have the edge mainly due to his more agressive game and much more powerfull strokes. He's a bigger hitter than Granollers, so I definitely fancy his chances today. Roger Federer - Gilles Muller OVER 34.5(1.85) Could be a very tricky match for Roger. He's surely a clear fav in this match-up, but Muller will surely not go down without a big effort. IMO, Muller has got technically one of the best serves in the ATP Tour and is more than capable of troubling Roger all day long. Jarkko Nieminen +3.5(1.85) to beat John Isner Isner seems to be way too big favourite here. His serve will surely give him a big advantage, but it's far from being a one-sided match. Nieminen looked very good in the past couple of weeks, he's one of the most inteligent players around and even though he didn't show much of consistency this year, he's simply not to be underestimated. The handicap is a little bit too low, but I feel he could grab the set, if not two. Klara Koukalova +4.5(1.85) to beat Madison Keys Keys in form of her life, on the back of her first career WTA title, but I just can't see her having a walkover against a very experienced player like Klara. Surely, Klara has never been a force on grasscourt due to her very poor serve, but she's still a bit of an all-rounder, more than capable of performing on all surfaces, so I don't think that Madison will do a job easily. At least, the handicap of +4.5 is definitely worth of shot. Camila Giorgi(1.80) to beat Alison Riske Riske plays some cracking tennis at the moment. She moves very well, hits the ball very powerfully and generally just seems to have a perfect grasscourt game.However, she lacks consistency and just doesn't seem able to make a big step, so I'm gonna stick to this price for Giorgi. The Italian keeps improving both game and WTA Ranking and she's definitely on the top of her game at the moment, plus Giorgi also plays her best tennis exactly in the big tournaments.