** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2014

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Roger Federer to beat Novak Djokovic for a 8/10 stake at 2.50 with BetVictor Fancy Federer at this price, as Djokovic just looks way too uncomfortable on grass these days. Dimitrov troubled him on Friday and Federer is Dimitrov plus all the experience and nous, so I'd say that there's every chance that he's going to convert his Wimbledon run into yet another Grand Slam title on Sunday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/federer-vs-djokovic-betting-roger-federer-looks-value-in-the-wimbledon-finals-on-sunday

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014 I am also backing Federer to win, aside from reasons mentioned already another factor is the crowd will be well behind Federer, and I have noticed on several occasions that Novak doesn't take well to his opponent having the overwhelming support.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Roger Federer to beat Novak Djokovic @ 2.50 Pinnacle Roger Federer (+2.5 Games) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.917 Pinnacle I'll be on Federer too. Djokovic just hasn't settled at this tournament, whilst the veteran Swiss seems a picture of calm. He should have more energy in reserve than Djokovic if this turns into a long match, as he had the easier passage to the final. Of slight concern is the fact that Djokovic is considerably better than the other players Federer has faced so far, but at least Federer has beaten him a couple of times this year so that should give him confidence. I like the angle about crowd support, and I agree it could have a part to play in this match. Something else that goes against Djokovic and could play on his mind is his poor recent record in Grand Slam finals, and although this will be the first Grand Slam final that Federer has contested in some time I expect him to be the more relaxed of the two. Everything appears to be falling into place for Federer to claim another Wimbledon title, whereas Djokovic has had to really fight to make this final. Like the Women's final, and despite how it turned out, this is another match where I think the favourite is too short. I think Federer has a slight edge on grass, and having beaten Djokovic on his way to the title here two years ago you could forgive him for thinking that history is about to repeat itself.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 While I'd love to see Federer win an 18th slam I think we're forgetting the form of both players over the last 2 years. I'll admit Federer is the better player on grass however he has had an absolute dream run to the final copping an underdone wawrinka and then eased through Raonic. I'd be backing nadal against federer I can't see how he is going to trouble Djokovic. Djokovic @ 1.63 with sportsbet Djokovic -3.5 GL @ 2.10 Djokovic -1.5 Set Handicap @2.10

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Back Federer 3-1 @ 5.5 (bet365) for a 0.4 stake Back Federer 3-0 @ 7 (Ladbrokes) for a 0.3 stake Took 3-1 and 3-0 at much better prices on Betfair Exchange (6.6 and 7.8, I believe) yesterday, but I still rate those prices as value. Although Federer had a much easier road to the final, he surely was much more convincing than Djokovic. He never seemed in a lot of trouble except against Wawrinka, but his quality on grass eventually came through. And that's what I'm expecting here once again. Edberg has surely taken Federer to an "old" level in terms of grass in some moments, we're seeing Federer perform serve and volley much more now, especially in decisive points. His serve (impressive against Stan) and BH&FH hits look very stable as well. Federer is the master of grass, after all. I mean I don't remember Federer being bad on grass for a single match. Not even against Sergey in last year. Federer wasn't in the worst form on his life and still managed to push every single set to O10.5. Djokovic has been very unconvincing so far, especially in the QFs and SFs. Both Cilic and Dimitrov gave him a lot of trouble. Dimitrov could have even won that one IMO, should he had been more focused and better on clutch points. He felt the pressure there, sadly. Dimitrov is much alike Federer in style of play so that could be a hint. Djokovic has been great on serve, hitting 1st serves as he should, but making too much unforced errors for his likes and not hitting that well as he should. Main concern here are the clutch points. Federer has trouble in breaking the opponents serve sometimes, and Djokovic surely knows how to massively hold in bad situations. Djokovic will also push strokes to the sidelines in order to stop Federer from going closer to the net. He has the best return of the ATP tour atm, so Federer has to have his serve close to the level he showed against Stan in order to be able to push it to the net. A word on the crowd, as people already mentioned it before: it will surely work against Djokovic. It worked against him in the last 3 GS finals, it will work against him again as everyone that loves tennis will want to see Roger Federer do history today. Almost everything points out for Federer to win for me, even with a few concerns. I think Federer might even win by the 3-0 scoreline, should he be able to outperform in clutch moments. And that is much more possible with Federer on grass. 3-1 looks more obvious, but I'm dutching with the 3-1 as well. Going 5-set is no good for Federer and he knows it.

Re: Wimbledon 2014 Me 2 i am on Federer for the reasons posted above Plus the motivation factor. When we talk about Federer these late days of his career, we are always talking about motivation And the Swiss legend seems motivated as a first timer to win his first grand slam! hehehe, this is truth, and i noticed that on his eyes, he is so much hungry to lift the trophy! Djokovic survived playing mediocre to average tennis against both Cilic and Dimitrov No chance for him today, he lost in a very pathetic way to Murray last year, similar is the expected scenario today Federer all the way to lift the trophy @2.37 offered by bet365 9/10 confidence