** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Embassy world snooker

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Embassy world snooker

Davis twitches his way through 10-9. :cow :nana
Well done:ok. Assuming that you watched the whole game, what do you think of Davis' chances against the winner of Hunter/Holt? I'm preparing for a swift Davis exit....but at what odds? Do you recon opposing Davis is banker material?

Re: Embassy world snooker Im leaning towards a largish bet on McCulloch to beat Dott. The pressure will be on Dott to emulate his performance of last year - he will not want to get beat in the first round and he might have the tendency to play negatively for the first session or so. This could be a dangerous ploy against McCulloch - who I feel is more at ease when in the balls then Dott (I also think even money with Pady Power on McCulloch high break is worth a shout). Both tenacious players who will give there all, Dott has proved me wrong before but McCulloch, who made a great comeback to beat an in form Ricky Walden in the final qualifier is my bet to prevail..... 6/4 to win and evens with Paddy Power for High Break, (Could you combine these two for a 4/1 double? Or would they deem the high break market as having an outcome on the final result?) All the best, lets have a profitable week from the Snooker eh! :nana

Re: Embassy world snooker Davis will have to play a hell of a lot better in the next round, but I can tell you from experience, after a match like that, you usually do, strange but true. I wouldn't back against Jimmy in his favourite venue too quickly, Fergal is a vvery good player at his best, but he hasn't been at his best for a long time. Mculloch and Dott is a toss up for me. :ok Small is out, what price that 40/1 shot now?:loon Although Doherty doing his best to bugger it up at 2-4. :(

Re: Embassy world snooker Haven't been touching any matches so far(bar some in-running ones) as the odds on the certs have looked a tad too short for my liking. Nevertheless, I thought there might be some value in backing Allister Carter to beat Marco Fu tomorrow. At 1.72, I think he's the only pick at a decent price considering Fu has a knack of blowing hot and cold which could hurt him. What really sways me in Carter's favour, however, has got to be his mental strength - Fu is as weak a competitor as you could get mentally and that certainly can't help him in a match where he's going to need to grind out a result. Will most probably add him to a double with Pinches who's available at 1.57 now. 7pts : Carter-Pinches (2.70 @ Ladbrokes) ;)

Re: Embassy world snooker Well if anyone was to let down my 40/1 shot, I'm glad it was Hunter, not just because he's a leeds man, he's a fcukin nice bloke and brave as hell to come out and play this week, clearly his concentration was all over the place though for obvious reasons. :(

Re: Embassy world snooker Doherty was quite superb in last nights final session, and the bet advised at BUY AT 27, is now trading at 38-41. We could sell close off and make a steady 11pt profit, but I feel he has the measure of McManus in the next round and so I will sit tight until after that and then re-assess. Two for today, again on the spreads :- Buy Stephen Hendry at 15, (10pt for winning + 3pts for each frame one by) Buy Mark Williams at 16, (as above) Both of playing against inexperienced opponents. As with the other "newbies" in the opening round matches I expect them both to start well and then fall away. Best of 19 frame and higher matches really show the top class players against the weaker inexperienced ones and I think the above two games are perfect punting opportunities. Hendry needs to win by two frames and Williams by 3 for the bets to show a profit.

Re: Embassy world snooker edtkh I too am on the same bet, nut feel your post is close to aftereventing mate to be honest and is pointless as the bet is no longer available so info is no use to anyone. To imply the bet is touch and go ie you have no advantage at this stage is weak :rollin it is 5-2 to Hendry not all square as the bet is intended, so I disagree that its touch and go the bet is clearly in our favour otherwise bookies would have individual frames from here on in priced at 5/6 each man..... and they clearly wont...Anyway good luck with bet but I feel this is close to after eventing

Pointless post edtkh' date=' don't do it again please.[/quote'] Don't read it the wrong way, mate. ;) Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to make any reference to my bet as I was in trying to put things in perspective with regards to the merits of Robertson. :tongue2

Don't read it the wrong way, mate. ;) Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to make any reference to my bet as I was in trying to put things in perspective with regards to the merits of Robertson. :tongue2
Then do it the right way. 1. You never mentioned your bet anywhere in this thread. 2. You came on telling us all about Robertson lack of experience would cost him (knowing people had money on him) only when Hendry was in a good lead. Admit you're wrong and move on. Case closed.

Then do it the right way. 1. You never mentioned your bet anywhere in this thread. 2. You came on telling us all about Robertson lack of experience would cost him (knowing people had money on him) only when Hendry was in a good lead. Admit you're wrong and move on. Case closed.
Fair enough, feel free to edit the thread if you view it in that context. Let's move on - just a case of miscommunication I'd like to think... ;)

Re: Embassy world snooker 10pt Double : (2.29 @ Ladbrokes) Stephen Lee (1.25) Graeme Dott -1.5 (1.83) Think Stephen Lee is pretty straightforward as Drago looks to be nothing more than a spentforce here just to make up the numbers - quite simply, Drago's not half the player he is in snooker as he's making the headlines in pool. Dott made the final here as a 150/1 outsider last year and although his form in the last few ranking tournaments haven't been awesome, I still rate him as a class above McCulloch on his day. Honestly, I thought one of the things Dott has going for him is his mental strength which he often calls upon to good effect when the odds are stacked against him when he plays the top players. I can certainly see Dott giving it as good a go this year as he did last year and I can imagine he should just prove too strong for McCulloch. As most have rightly pointed out, Dott looks a tad too short for the outright match betting; hence, the value on Dott may well come from the -1.5. Quite simply, I don't make much of a difference in 1.5 handicaps in Best of 19 matches as I think the difference of a 10-9 scoreline could very well be covered by a saver for frame betting on the 10-9 scoreline. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok

Re: Embassy world snooker A few small outright bets with BetFair: I'm quite new to using betting exchanges so I thought I'd try to pick out 2 or 3 players at generous odds that I could lay later on (assuming they progress:hope). 1pt M.Williams @ 15.5 1pt M.Stevens @ 15 1pt K.Doherty @ 29

1pt M.Williams @ 15.5
Williams is already available to lay @ 13.5:ok. I think I'll wait until the price drops further before cashing in.....he seems to be playing well. From www.globalsnookercentre.co.uk commentary
He looks a totally different player to the one who struggled in the early part of the season. He's looking comfortable out there tonight, the long potting is on song and he hasn't missed anything easy. The Crucible is horses for courses and Williams is twice a course and distance winner.

Re: Embassy world snooker Good night for the two bets previously advised :- Buy Williams at 16 - currently leading 8-1. Spread know showing 33 - 34. I expect Milkins to try and make a go of it today and may sneak a couple of frames. Thereforere I would advise closing the bet at 33, nice profit of 17 points. Buy Hendry at 15 - currently leading 6-2 (?). Spread know showing 26 - 28. Could close off now for a profit of 11 points but realistically I don't see Robertson clawing much back so I will "get greedy!!" and stick this one out. One for today, Buy Steven Lee at 14, again 10 pts for winning the match + 3pts for each frame won by. Echoing one of the above threads, Drago's best days are, in my opinion long gone, and the longer nature of this tournament will not suit him . The spread of 11 - 14 I feel is very generous, I have it down as nearer 19 - 22.

10pt double: G.Dott - I.McCulloch @ 1.50 pending... (wasn't Dott runner up last year?) M.Stevens - A.Hicks @ 1.35 (10-5) :D (good record, improving form) Odds of 2.03 5pt single: D.Henry - A.McManus @ 2.65 (9-10) :( (McManus is crap, but has ruined a few of my bets, but I can't resist opposing him here) 5pt 4-fold: S.Murphy - C.Small @ 1.45 (10-5) :D (C.Small's health problems) J.Higgins - M.Selby @ 1.23 (10-5) :D (I feel Higgins is slowly coming back to form) S.Lee - T.Drago @ 1.30 pending... (Drago is pants. Lee can play himself into some kind of form) M.Stevens - A.Hicks @ 1.35 (10-5) :D Odds of 3.13 2pt 8-fold:lol: A.Carter - M.Fu @ 1.65 (10-4) :D G.Dott - I.McCulloch @ 1.50 pending... M.Stevens - A.Hicks @ 1.35 (10-5) :D S.Murphy - C.Small @ 1.45 (10-5) :D J.Higgins - M.Selby @ 1.23 (10-5) :D S.Lee - T.Drago @ 1.30 pending... K.Doherty - B.Pinches @ 1.43 (10-5) :D (Ken's won it before and can grind through this) P.Ebdon - Q.Hann @ 1.33 pending... (Solid Ebdon to beat talented hot-head Hann) Odds of 14.73
I'm thinking of laying Dott to cover my original stakes and give me a tiny profit if things go pear shaped. He's in 2 of my bets and one or two of you have given me slight doubts about what I originally thought would be a comfortable Dott victory. I've never seen either of them play:o so I usually pay a lot of attention to the opinions I read here. Paul Ross says it's 50/50, and edtkh goes for Dott -1.5 to win. I still want to let it ride, but it would be a shame to ruin all those :D-faces! Maybe I'll see how Ebdon and Lee are getting on in their matches before I decide....

Re: Embassy world snooker Never any doubt that Robertson would cover the handicap, i say firmly tounge in cheek. Nerves did get to Robertson first session but he showed what he is made of in the 2 session and started to get Hendry a little worried. If Hann loses to Ebdon 10-1 i think there could be a wee bit of trouble 8-0 down currently. I saw in a forum a whisper about the scoreline and seeing Hann is playing with a friend's cue because his was stolen could a nice little cover up. I wouldn't put it past Hann. I looked at the odds 50/1 but though nothing more of it.