** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Embassy world snooker

Re: Embassy world snooker You have got to hand it to peter he was rank rotten yesterday and even in the opening few frames this morning he looked as though he was heading home.But as always with him he didnt give up and has somehow squared the match. He must now be fav to progress and play ronnie.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Embassy world snooker Just put a few quid on murphy outright at ladbrokes. was 33/1 and think that will still be there.. Like the nugget, Ebdon is someone else you can never write off.. I did warn you all about Holt - about him having a concentration problem. If he didn't play at my local snooker club then I would have made much more money, especially with Davis's comeback.. Was going to say I will buy Michael a few drinks when I next see him, but he earned enough money from reaching round 2 so the drinks should still be on him. Michael does like the odd flutter so I will ask him if he wants to join the punters lounge when I next see him.. I wonder how many snooker players are gamblers. I know ex players John Parrott and Willie Thorne like a flutter.. Then there was this remark by Hendry to Williams when he had made his maximum: "I would like to see his face if anyone equals the maximum so Mark has to share the prize money, but I bet he has already laid the bet off against anyone equaling it" Anyone know the laws relating to snooker players and gambling on snooker? I can remember one or two players getting into trouble over it, but that was to do with the more obvious betting on themselves to lose,,

Re: Embassy world snooker Personally don't think 33/1 on Murphy winning is that generous, but good luck. :ok Having Michael Holt on PL would be interesting definitely (maybe get a PL logo on his waistcoat :lol). Loads of the snooker players gamble, virtually all of the ones I knew. :) Not sure about the laws, but as long as he's not betting on himself to lose, I don't see the big deal.

Re: Embassy world snooker odds have now halved on murphy after his great performance in beating higgins.. Great match between Williams & Mcculloch, great win from behind from ebdon although I nearly nodded off watching that one once the williams match had finished. I know you will tell me off for mentioning bets I am on and stakes/money Paul, but am wondering what you or others would do in this situation. I have 5 points on Stevens to win outright, 3 points on hendry and 2 points on Murphy. Won't tell you how much a point equates in pounds. Now Ronnie is 5/6 on betfair at the mo, and should really win the tournie, so am trying to decide how much to put on him to win the tournnament. Stevens & Hendry face each other unfortunately so there is no point hedging there. Think Murphy will get the better of Davis. I could go large on Ronnie, or just enough to cover stakes on the three I have money on.. Might be best to put a few quid on ebdon outright too just in case of a major upset.

Re: Embassy world snooker

but Stevens on his way to lift the trophy.
Its been years since Hendry has been playing so well, I don't even think Ronnie would stop him atm. I've been on a few forum's and the majority think Stevens will do it today. Why is that? Hendry won't be beaten. :)

Re: Embassy world snooker After all the Ronnie interviews in recent days is he worth backing at 1/4 to beat Ebdon or even to win it outright? Didn't see much of Ebdons game yesterday but i have read that he was pretty lucky to win the match as he was missing quite a few shots which lead to him being 8-3 down. He must have turned it around though to win 9 out of 10 frames. If Ronnie can get an early lead i can't see Ebdon catching him, just put off by his interviews this week.

Re: Embassy world snooker I can't help but feel there's massive value in Stephen Hendry at 3.40 now(Betfair). The Scot is 1-5 down as I write - knowing Stephen and the sublime form he's shown prior to this match(especially in his annihilation of Hamilton), I think it's a bit daft to write him off much as Stevens has gotten himself into a very decent position. Considering Stevens has yet to register any break in excess of a century in his 5 victorious frames(the highest being 94 with no other break coming remotely close to that), coupled with Hendry's ability to build up massive breaks under pressure in the latter stages, you have just got to fancy Hendry's chances. Hendry's still got at least another world title in him as far as I see and given the way he's been going, it wouldn't really surprise me if he should turn this around and go on to win this year's title... ;)

Re: Embassy world snooker Stevens/Hendry looks like it's going to be a thriller at 8-8, something just tells me its Stevens's year, but we'll wait and see. ;) Murphy was a poor price to beat Davis, but is certainly justifying it, superb performance. I have one bet for 10am tommorrow. 10pt Single Peter Ebdon +7 (effectively +6.5) @ 2.10 Stan James Ebdon 6-2 down here and must win 7 frames for this bet to win. As good as Ronnie is, this is a huge handicap imo and must be taken, given Ebdon's battling qualities and mental toughness. Things change quickly in long matches with different sessions, and there is a long way to go here.

Re: Embassy world snooker I think Hendry will go on to beat Stevens from here. I think Stevens missed his chance yesterday morning when Hendry was so bad. It should have been 7 - 1 not 5 - 3. Stevens has played well in his games so far, but has been given a lot of chances. Hicks wan't very good and the less said about Jimmy the better. The volcano on the spread is 55 - 85 Hendry over +31 so far so you are effectively buying At 54. If you said to me in any tournament that Hendry would be 54 to buy against Stevens in a best of 9, which this now is, I would bite your hand off.

Re: Embassy world snooker Ronnie lost the plot bigtime there, although Ebdon did slow him down, whatever he says to the contrary. Fair play to Ebdon, he did what it took, but it wasn't pretty. Stevens the new favourite at around 5/4 now, it's all about who has the biggest heart from here onwards.

Re: Embassy world snooker I put 2.50 on Ebdon in running at 7.5 so despite it only being a small amount I am pretty happy with myself! Great tip on Stevens pre tournament Paul, should have taken that! Think Ebdon will beat Murphy..don't really like the bloke but he showed bottle to beat a very out of sorts Ronnie. Jon

Stevens, M :bg_a(0,39443351,1,1,0)'>2 :bg_a(0,28588479,11,10,1)'>2.1:bg_a(0,36204923,11,10,1)'>2.1:bg_a(0,36019698,5,4,0)'>2.25 :bg_a(0,32577435,10,11,0)'>1.9 :bg_a(0,37411341,6,5,1)'>2.2 :bg_a(0,33374213,61,50,1)'>2.22
Ebdon, P :bg_a(0,39443352,5,2,0)'>3.5 :bg_a(0,28588481,5,2,1)'>3.5:bg_a(0,36204925,5,2,1)'>3.5:bg_a(0,36019690,11,4,0)'>3.75 :bg_a(0,32577433,2,1,0)'>3 :bg_a(0,37411313,13,5,1)'>3.6 :bg_a(0,33374216,31,10,1)'>4.1
Murphy, S :bg_a(0,39443369,9,2,0)'>5.5 :bg_a(0,31059745,4,1,1)'>5:bg_a(0,36204948,4,1,1)'>5:bg_a(0,36019729,4,1,0)'>5 :bg_a(0,32577463,5,1,0)'>6 :bg_a(0,37411333,22,5,1)'>5.4 :bg_a(0,39209304,9,2,1)'>5.5
McCulloch, I :bg_a(0,39443344,6,1,0)'>7 :bg_a(0,31059743,11,2,1)'>6.5:bg_a(0,36204949,5,1,1)'>6:bg_a(0,36019719,6,1,0)'>7 :bg_a(0,32577454,8,1,0)'>9 :bg_a(0,37411330,11,2,1)'>6.5 :bg_a(0,33374218,7,1,1)'>8
Stan james offering the pick of the bunch for me there. I know the two favourites are more experienced but I think there is value in both Murphy and McCulloch. What a match tonight though with Ebdon and O'Sullivan. Took every twist and turn possible. Good for in-running bets however. Think your handicap just scraped in paul !! :clap I personally think that Murphy might be worth a wager but will see how he starts off against Ebdon tomorrow. I think Ebdon might be a bit shattered after that, he looks shattered on the tv just now. :rollin He's actually just said he in no way intended to slow Ronnie down... what a comedian. How he can sit there and "give us his word" is beyond me !! Anyone else any thoughts on the semi's?

Re: Embassy world snooker Just wanted to thank you guys for your input to a sport that I know NOTHING about. Followed a couple of your tips and put money on Doherty, Ebdon, and Stevens to win outright at the start of the tournament. I was now hoping for advice on a staking plan from now on!? What chances do you guys give the other two remaining guys of winning it?? My bookie gives Murphy at 4.5 and McCulloch at 8. with H/H odds of 2.15 and 3 respectively for the next matches. If youve got the time Id appreciate any more insight!! Thanks

Thursday 28 April 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifEbdon v Murphy (14:00 BST)1.872.13sp.gif101%
sp.gifMcCulloch v Stevens (19:00 BST)3.451.40sp.gif101%
No bets for me just yet, there will be more value to be had after 1st and 2nd sessions probably. :ok

It's probably up to a minute slow so don't use it to bet on Betfair!
Not sure about that Pobby, it seems to be updating pretty much immediately at the moment. Unless of course the images I'm watching on Eurosport are also delayed by about a minute :lol .

Re: Embassy world snooker That may well be the case RC! I've had livescoring on pretty much all week and the betfair frame betting open as well. There have been dramatic changes in the frame betting before livescoring has shown a changeover in the player at the table. Also if you are watching racing (or anything for that matter) on BBC or Channel 4 through Sky it is a fraction slower than terrestrial TV. Some punters on Betfair try to hoover up the money when a horse falls.