** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Embassy world snooker

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Embassy world snooker LOL! I wish I did punt on Williams getting the highest break but nah, I was on about davidmphill. I wouldn't bother after-eventing after something stupendous like this happening. Almost certainly an early contender for coup of the tournament.

Re: Embassy world snooker

Buy Hendry v Hamilton ton ups @ 47.1 Seems very low indeed considering that these two are prolific century break makers.
Not knowing a lot about spread betting, what are the possible outcomes from say a £1 stake?

Re: Embassy world snooker Im going for a double with hills,4/9 on matttew stevens to take care of jimmy,looks a cert the way the welshman played in the 1st round.And Holt to beat Steve Davis at 10/11.Holt done well to come through a really tough draw v hunter and although davis had a good win his match was really poor. 10 pts double holt to beat steve 10/11 stevens to beat jimmy 4/9 also noticed carter at 5/6 with a 5.5 start over ronnie osullivan and like the look of that.

Re: Embassy world snooker I love the look of Doherty -2.5 frames 4/5 with Bet 365. The second round is first to 13 and whilst McManus is a gritty player who has cost a few coupons around here lately I really don't think he has the class of Doherty, especially with Doherty looking so good in the last round. I feel over the longer match there can only be one result, for me, and I fancy Doherty to cover the spread. 50pts for me:ok

Re: Embassy world snooker Just a few for today. I agree with dprovan about Doherty, and I think Stevens and Holt can do the business against the older generation. Nerves should be a little more settled, so I'm expecting all 3 players to come through comfortably:hope. 10pt single: K.Doherty - A.McManus @ 1.44 5pt double: K.Doherty - A.McManus @ 1.44 M.Stevens - J.White @ 1.41 Odds of 2.03 5 pt double: K.Doherty - A.McManus @ 1.44 M.Holt - S.Davis @ 1.90 Odds of 2.74 5pt treble: K.Doherty - A.McManus @ 1.44 M.Stevens - J.White @ 1.41 M.Holt - S.Davis @ 1.90 Odds of 3.86 (All Gamebookers odds) Good luck:ok

Re: Embassy world snooker Hindsight is a wonderful thing ? Closed of Williams too early and Hendry too late !! Still, made a profit in both, 4pts on Hendry (bought at 15, finished at 19) and 17 pts on Williams (bought at 16 closed off at 33). Not bad. Only one first round bet outstanding, Stephen Lee bought at 14, current spread is 20 - 22 - we could close this off now for a 6pt profit but I think its probably best to see this one through, Drage was poor yesterday and I don't see him coming back. I am away for the week end, so I will hopefully post up my bets tonight or early tomorrow.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing ? Closed of Williams too early and Hendry too late !! Still, made a profit in both, 4pts on Hendry (bought at 15, finished at 19) and 17 pts on Williams (bought at 16 closed off at 33). Not bad. Only one first round bet outstanding, Stephen Lee bought at 14, current spread is 20 - 22 - we could close this off now for a 6pt profit but I think its probably best to see this one through, Drage was poor yesterday and I don't see him coming back. I am away for the week end, so I will hopefully post up my bets tonight or early tomorrow.
Well done, maybe I'll try to learn a bit about spread betting myself;).

Re: Embassy world snooker You can back mark williams at betfair @ 1.1 for the highest break. Am I missing something here, or is this just printing money. ( I know a 147 is not technically the highest possible break, but the odds of somebody getting a foul, then knocking in a 147 must be massive)

Re: Embassy world snooker Drago appears to be making a comeback, and Lee looks at little flustered and hurried. Spread is now showing 18 - 20, recommend Close off at 18, profit of 4pts(advised at 14).Could off got better early this morning but a little profit is better than none at all.

Re: Embassy world snooker Someone else could hit a 147. In which case you will not make profit but lose money. There's plenty people there capable of 147s ! That considered there's no way I'd be backing that with o'sullivan left in the tournament. You are effectively backing there not to be another 147.

5pt 4-fold: S.Murphy - C.Small @ 1.45 (10-5) :D (C.Small's health problems) J.Higgins - M.Selby @ 1.23 (10-5) :D (I feel Higgins is slowly coming back to form) S.Lee - T.Drago @ 1.30 (10-5) :D (Drago is pants. Lee can play himself into some kind of form) M.Stevens - A.Hicks @ 1.35 (10-5) :D Odds of 3.13
:nana Now I just have to wait for Dott to make a comeback against McCulloch to complete my last 2 bets:hope.

:nana Now I just have to wait for Dott to make a comeback against McCulloch to complete my last 2 bets:hope.
Maybe you'd be better off trying an acca of 10-5 frame bettings for the next round... :rollin

Re: Embassy world snooker guys I really would not write off Dott at 6-3 I have a bet on him from yesterday (hardly after eventing as the odds are better now:rollin ) and too be honest although I clearly don't fancy it I don't think McCullough is so good as to make this a formality.... wait and see him get beat 10-3 now:o

Re: Embassy world snooker Anyone got a view on the Rnd 2 Matches ? I've just had a look at the spreads and a couple really stand out. In the Holt / Davis match, Holt is favourite 1 - 4 (10pts match winner and 3 pts per frame won by). In the 1st round games I felt Holt played really well in his match with Hunter and was a worthy winner, whilst Davis was poor in his win against Gerard Greene. Holt lacks Davis' experience but looked very calm and confident in beating Hunter. Davis has been in decline for years and probably spends more time commentating that practising, the longer game should find him out. With a buy on Holt at 4, a win by a single frame win would result in a profit of 9 points. I really think this is a stand out bet, and am really thinking of lumping on big - Can anyone put me off this bet ?? In the Doherty / McManus match up, Doherty is a 9-12 fav. Again I think this looks tasty. McManus has never been past the 2nd Round whilst Doherty performs better here than probably anywhere. Doherty played well in his 1st round game and got better as the game went on. I didn't really see much of the McManus match up but reports said it was scrappy - again any views ??

Re: Embassy world snooker Here are my thoughts about Davis-Holt match (written on another forum): I am taking this one early. Holt as a favourite? No, I don`t think so. I watched both matches and Holt didn`t convince me at all. He was very unsure when it was his turn, just like a little boy in candy shop: should I take this candies or that? Ok, I`ll take that one. Emm, no I`ll take the other one. Wait, I`ll take that one instead... He was lucky to play Hunter who was everywhere else than in Sheffiled with his mind. Hunter was nowhere near his usual performances and yet he has given Holt good run for his money. The odds are wrong and one of the reasons is display from Davis in 1st round. He made some very weird decisions and his otherwise superb safety play was nowhere to be seen. He played quite bad and Greene can give you a tough match on his good day. I don`t think Davis can play so bad again and with extended format coming into picture (best of 25) the true class will show. In situation like this a player usually comes out with a totally different game and Davis with his huge experience will do just that. I mean, has Holt ever played such a long match? The two meet recently in China Open and Davis whitewashed him 5:0. cheers