** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Embassy world snooker

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Embassy world snooker Time to back Ebdon now @ 13/8? Came from 8-3 down to beat Lee 13-9 From 8-2 and 10-6 down to beat O'Sullivan 13-11 Currently 9-7 down and, while Murphy's break building was superb this morning, his safety was at times a bit loose.

Re: Embassy world snooker Yep Murphy was outstanding he keeps playing like that well i cant see anyone stopping him. If does win i will probably hold the biggest ever odds for a Snooker tourmanent win though,you might think i should be ecastatic but if he does win in a way i will be disappointed because i should have won thousands on him instead of 100's but it is always easy in hindsight though before the touramanent i always thought he had a fair chance to get to the semi but in my heart of hearts i dint think he would win it. I got the odds months ago on Betfair when the bot was tgiving out odds when the book was going over the 100% mark. I got 500,410 + 400 but as you see only to pence and admittingly dint back him again till he was in 2 figure odds. It dosen't really matter who wins though as i have covered my bases though i will win more on Murphy. S. Murphy

400£0.07showStakeBox.gif£27.93
S. Murphy 410£0.07showStakeBox.gif£28.63
S. Murphy 500£0.18showStakeBox.gif£89.82

Re: Embassy world snooker Fantastic snooker by Murphy, he looks like a champion to be honest, its gonna have to be a very good performance by Ian or Matthew to be able to beat him in the final if he keeps up that form. Fancy Stevens tonight as I think his big match experiance will carry him through, not betting though as nothing could surprise me in this tournament anymore.

Re: Embassy world snooker Have to agree with Mullahoran, Murphy won't lose if reproducing that, but it is a very big ask to do just that. Stevens has the experience, but he must win it this time or he could begin to get the mental scars Jimmy has got at the WC. Murphy's fitness would be a worry for me. You have to be physically and mentally fit here, and I can't help feeling he might suffer in the final because of it.

Re: Embassy world snooker Very hard to call for the final, will just have a few small fun bets off backing whoever falls behind in the final. Why is it though that whenever I hedge, you can gurantee my original selection would have come up trumps, and when I don't hedge then obviousely they don't. I guess it is just learning when & how much to hedge, which involves skill mixed in with bottle. I would say Murphy has been the most impressive player all throughout the tournament - you questioned me Paul when I called him as the value bet a week ago, but from what I saw in the early rounds it was a good call at 33/1, although obviousely would had been better had I go ton pre tournament. Ok he didn't have to play O'Sullivan which obviousely helped but a bit of luck when gambling never goes amiss. Murphy's weaknesses is his safety play (even his break offs) curb that then I am sure he will be ranked in the top 3 or 4 in the not too distant future. Stevens safety though hasn't been too hot either, so I don't think there will be too much in the way of safety exchanges in the final. and I haven't see Michael Holt since his exit last week, he is I guess treating himself to a holiday.

Re: Embassy world snooker I've just had a little look back at the matches that these 2 have played so far, and found an interesting statistic - it may or may not be of use. First frame of session or after mid-session interval Stevens 19/23 (82.61%) Murphy 13/22 (59.09%) Final frame of session or before mid-session interval Stevens 12/20 (60%) Murphy 15/19 (78.95%) Now, it may just be a coincidence, but those stats do suggest that Stevens is the much quicker starter, while Murphy plays his best after 2 or 3 frames. Definitely going to have some small bets on the frame by frame markets here. Going to take Stevens in frames 1 and 5, and Murphy in frames 4 and 8 for this afternoon's session.

Re: Embassy world snooker Afternoon everyone, my first post here so hope I don't make a fool of myself.. Was at the crcuible to see Stevens v Hendry and on the back of what I have seen throughout the 2 weeks I am on Stevens strongly, Murphy's saftey game is nowhere near strong enought to beat matthew over the best of 35, 18-12 18-13 sounds about right, quotes of 8/13 are still very generous and once Stevens leads he will not be caught..Be lucky.

Re: Embassy world snooker Just looking at some of the prices currently availble and i like the looks Murphy + 5 frames @ 8/11 in corals. Although stevens currently leads by 4 i think it will be alot closer going into the final session. Neither player played particualrly well yesterday and Stevens will have the fact that he lost 18-16 to williams in 2000 when he was leading 10-6 in the back of his mind, which could effect his play.

Re: Embassy world snooker Well, sitting on the nice EW bet on Paul's selection (Stevens), but thinking better safe than sorry - have to admit I covered myself just in case Stevens loses it - now it looks like a massive payout on Stevens and some (nice) money if he loses (which would be won anyway, but wanted a bit more insurance). Well done Paul and lets hope Matt will make all.;)

Re: Embassy world snooker

Can't wait for the snooker to start again, get the Womens FA Cup final off, it's trash TV. Bring out the Green Baize Wizards!!!
To be fair, women's football isn't that bad if you compare it with stuff like women's cricket or rugby, which are just a joke standard.