** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Embassy world snooker

Re: Embassy world snooker It is Dave, I watched 5 minutes and it was embarrassing, same standard as a under13/14 sunday league game I would say. Keepers are shocking. All the best Paul with Stevens, I like to see a close finish as you cant beat an exciting snooker match. Think Stevens will take it though.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Embassy world snooker

It is Dave' date=' I watched 5 minutes and it was embarrassing, same standard as a under13/14 sunday league game I would say. Keepers are shocking.[/quote'] The keepers I agree with, but the rest of it's ok.

Re: Embassy world snooker Stevens doing his best to beat himself, but still pretty much in it as Murphy is playing way above his capacity. BTW, what's the problem with BBC coverage - the whole thing - esp. the final - is covered by Eurosport so I reckon you can watch it in the UK as well.;) Eurosport covers a lot of snooker and that's why snooker has been more popular on the Continent too.

Re: Embassy world snooker Best of 3 now , really enjoyed the bbc coverage , apart from Willie Thorn being wrong in everything he says. Some great long potting

Re: Embassy world snooker Murphy played very well today, but still have a feeling Stevens was just doing his best to lose. Well done anyway, Paul, it was a narrow loss in the end and hopefully we (you)'ll find an outright winner soon:)

Re: Embassy world snooker Murphy has done tremendously well there and I can't believe how cool he is, almost like he's just won a pro-am. :eek I was just explaining to Ian Curtis on MSN that the snooker system for next year's WC is fcuked because he goes in as No.1 seed (auto entry) yet he will be ranked only 24 which means he has to qualify. :lol Unlucky Stevens, although you didn't help yourself at times, but Murphy could well turn out to be a multiple winner. ;)

Re: Embassy world snooker Really enjoyed that. Had nothing riding on it but still good tele. Thought that Murphy just held his nerve better than Stevens on the night. That and some incredible shots from Murphy that would have taken balls of steel in any competition.

I was just explaining to Ian Curtis on MSN that the snooker system for next year's WC is fcuked because he goes in as No.1 seed (auto entry) yet he will be ranked only 24 which means he has to qualify. :lol
They said on the BBC that he will get an automatic place for every tournament, and world number 16 Ian McCulloch will have to qualify for tournaments.

Re: Embassy world snooker Bad luck Paul. Fantastic performance from Murphy though. Supposedly he is a very religious man and I would imagine that helped him keep things in perspective more than Stevens (dont know?) Well done to those on the chubby fella. :clap

Fantastic performance from Murphy though. Supposedly he is a very religious man and I would imagine that helped him keep things in perspective more than Stevens (dont know?)
Aye, look out for Bin Laden breaking into the top 16 next season :rollin

Re: Embassy world snooker Obviously Murphy played well, and Stevens didn't seem on his game, but I have to say the luck of the balls certainly fell to Murphy. I noticed several times Murphy would attempt a long pot, and stevens would just end up with no pot on. I wouldn't call it lucky as he did make some great pots...particularly the ones in the penultimate frame, and Stevens did miss some sitters. Be interesting to see how Murphy will do in the next tourny...what ever that is? Sco

Re: Embassy world snooker Thanks Paul, Murphy was outstanding especially on Monday . Apart from the first session it was a extremely good match and i hate now people will call Stevens a choker because apart from a couple of misses on Monday afternoon which in the end could have been crucial he dint do that much wrong especially last night well except for the red into the middle pocket. He was just beaten by a player that could do no wrong. Have to say i fancy Mark Williams in the Premier league starting on friday night. Of the 4 players taking part , Williams was the only one that came out with credit beaten in a match that he admitted that he played very well and said he rarely got beaten playing that good. So he is in form and a good mental state. Who knows if O'Sullivan will turn up and if what state of mind he will be in and Hendry even though you always know he tries will find it hard after playing so poor at the World's. Williams has to play Fu in the semi and should he win that the winner of Hendry,Sullivan. At 3/1 i think it is acceptable.

Re: Embassy world snooker cheers Paul - after watching his performance in round 1 & first part of Higgins match, I saw the 33/1 as value. Needed some luck on the way e.g. O'Sullivan not bothered about the tournie. WIshing I hadn't hedged on Ebdon & O'sullivan, as with being on Stevens from the start would have made it even better. Pinched some more money in the Final as like I said, I laid Stevens when he had a good lead. Well done to Murphy for coming all the way as a qualifier to winning the whole thing. I look forward to doing some more snooker betting in the future.

The match at 310 is just a smoke screen, seen it happen on the horses too lately, its someone who's trading that market and wants to get an edge. Just notice how the graph on Ronnie on Betfair no longer shows the price movement because of the high match right at the start. Now someone, ;) , making his own recording can discard that early price match and still see exactly how the price has moved over time. Quite an advantage for someone only interested in trading the market.
just been rereading the thread. missed you reply first time DP.... erm...dont get it. (am i being thick) DC