** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Embassy world snooker

Re: Embassy world snooker I got matched on Davis at 2.16 with Betfair, now they are both evens and I expect Davis to be the favourite before the off against Michael "the hitman Holt. A bit naughty of me as I am going against a local lad - best not tell him when he gets back from Sheffield. Holt can be a bit hit & miss with his game and over the longer difference I think the class will prevail.. Think Davis safety game will grind him down as well. Sorry Michael - Please go ahead and prove me wrong, and I will still be rooting for you. Will look to trade back in running.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Embassy world snooker I have backed Davis myself, thinking that experience will prosper. But with reference to Michael Holt's performance against Hunter, although he looked distinctly uncomfortable I think he came through it very well. He was on a hiding to nothing. Every one was routing for Hunter, and then when he wins he doesn't get the plaudits because of Hunter's (very unfortunate) illness. PS Just seen McCulloch come sthrough against Dott - showed some character there

Re: Embassy world snooker Morning to all, after a good night's sleep I have decided upon these :- Buy Holt at 4 - 1pt Buy Doherty at 12 - 2pts Both with Sporting Index (10pts for match winner + 3pts for each frame won by). No prices yet available for Stevens - White and Stevens - Murphy. No further posts from me until Sunday PM

Re: Embassy world snooker Feel a bit guilty know as took put some more on Davis after evening out my liability after the first couple of frames.. Feeling this will go to the wire - currently 8-4 and a 4 frame deficit isn't that great in a race to 13. Come on Holt - Still rooting for you to go through..

Re: Embassy world snooker crucial last frame by holt who suddenly found he couldn't miss, after not being able to pot hardly anything the previos 5 frames.. In the end he wouldn't have minded playing another couple of frames tonight. Knew he would go for the pot and splitting the balls everywhere as I have seen him do it a few times in practice.. Still Hit & miss is our hitman so if I didn't have any bets on this match to date - Davis would still be the one for me..

Re: Embassy world snooker I really think Davis can and will win this. Holt REALLY bottled it when he got 8-2 up. One of the weirdest sessions ive ever seen that was. I think Davis will win it in a thriller 13-12 perhaps. I can see him pulling it back if Holt gets to 12 frames and cant find his way past the finishing line. There is always a possibility that Holt will pick his game up like he did in the last frame of the session. 13-12 Davis at 13/2 and 12-13 Holt at 7/1 perhaps worth a nibble at laddies. At 3.14 (after commission, betfair) Davis personally looks massive to me and im definitely on that.

Re: Embassy world snooker

Strangely enough he doesn't hit big breaks Dave' date=' he's the type that hits 80 and then doesn't care because he's won the frame.[/quote'] Ahhh, been away in London for a week on a course, just got back first thing i do stright here to lay claim to this little beauty!! £10 @ 22/1, needless to say i'm sitting rather content! No doubt someone elese will knock in another maximum but hey thats sport!

Re: Embassy world snooker Can anyone see John Higgins getting beaten by Shaun Murphy? There's no doubt that Murphy's a talented player, but Higgins looked pretty good in Round 1 and could have too much experience over this longer distance.

Re: Embassy world snooker Quote by O'Sullivan after beating Carter : O'Sullivan again claimed he was not enjoying his displays this season. "At the moment I'm not too bothered about the tournament," he said. "I'd like to be coming here for the next 10, 12 or 13 years. "But if I have another season next year like I've had this year, I won't be able to take much more of it." Surely, that's the biggest understatement in a long while - or is he preparing for a career on the after-dinner circuit? :rollin

Ahhh' date=' been away in London for a week on a course, just got back first thing i do stright here to lay claim to this little beauty!! £10 @ 22/1, needless to say i'm sitting rather content! No doubt someone elese will knock in another maximum but hey thats sport![/quote'] David If you have any concerns about someone else hitting a 147 then why not lay Williams on Betfair? Currently 1.04 back and 1.07 to lay so offering to take £100 at 1.05 would see you cover yourself. And considering that dead heat rules apply then your only actually risking £2.50 pay out instead of £5. Obviously your call and its pretty unlikely that someone will hit another maximum but to guarantee yourself £100 or so either way (depending on the bookies who you placed your bet withs dead heat rules) then its not a huge outlay.

Re: Embassy world snooker That was great by Davis, he used all his nouse there to win that one. Ive gone quite heavy on Doherty tonight, got 1.60 at betfair, he really hasnt played well in this game yet has still come out at 8-8 so providing he ups his game a bit which id very likely I can see him winning tonight :)

Re: Embassy world snooker Been away all weekend, but some interesting results, and Higgins 7-9 down. 10pts John Higgins @ 2.00 Stan James I have to take Higgins at 2.00 here. I expected him to be about 1.66 fav even though he's 2 down. Murphy is a very good player, but getting over the winning line won't be easy, and this is a solid bet imo. :)

I'm not a great snooker punter but d watch it when its on but 22/1 for Mark Williams smacks to me of a decent punt for him to be top break scorer with sportingodds. On his day hes an awesome break builder and if he gets in amongst the balls then he has a chance.
:clap :clap Nice one David

Re: Embassy world snooker Hi guys, Can you help me out? Go on stanjames.com and you can bet on Williams & Mcculloch, Williams to win he is @ 5/4 But he has a handicap of -4. What does the handicap mean? I want to put £50 on him to win now cause I think he is going to do it easy and the return is £112.50 But I have no clue what this handicap means? Any let me know? Thanks

Re: Embassy world snooker Jon, the handicap means Williams has to win by at least 4 frames. In other words, if he wins 13-8 or better, the bet would win, if he wins 13-10 or less, the bet loses. Not sure what happens if it finishes 13-9 though.

Re: Embassy world snooker hi guys,pl virgin here,so be gentle. i was looking at the 50/ton up market from the spread firms. today only spin and spex quote in the rp yet you can trade nearly spread free. not a bet ive done b4,but there must be value if you can bet with no profit margin for the firms. any ideas for a starting point? p.s. i put the same question on bfair but checked after an hour to find no replies.

Murphy's playing well mind Paul. Digging in
Yeah, but he's going to find the next 4 frames the hardest of his career to win, he may well do it, but Higgins has to be backed imo. Bet365 didn't have prices up when I placed mine rcgills. :( Happy with 2.00 though.
If you cover the handicap exactly ie a win of 13-9 and you backed -4 you get your stake money back.
That's wrong. You would lose the bet, because the draw is included, hence why I said "effectively -3.5, as he must win 10 frames. ;) Ebdon finishes 8-8 end of session. :cow

hi guys,pl virgin here,so be gentle. i was looking at the 50/ton up market from the spread firms. today only spin and spex quote in the rp yet you can trade nearly spread free. not a bet ive done b4,but there must be value if you can bet with no profit margin for the firms. any ideas for a starting point? p.s. i put the same question on bfair but checked after an hour to find no replies.
Spread betting I don't get involved in much pj, but it all depends who's playing if you're betting 50ups. Murphy v Higgins could be good, but it's nervy time now, and the breaks are probably unlikely to flow like earlier in the match. :(

Re: Embassy world snooker If Murphy continues the form of the previous 2 sessions then he is going to be very hard stopped, his long potting was something else, you just have to hope that the nerves start to settle in. Do feel that at least one of Higgins or Williams is going home this round.