** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Embassy world snooker

Re: Embassy world snooker Oh dear. 4-0 down to Gray and I don't see a way back for Hamilton (what a twonk) so I've done my dough on the wrong side of what was a 50/50 match-up. Ronnie's doing well for himself coming back from 2-0 and seems to have woken up at the right time to get back in the match (Stephen ain't making it that easy for him though).

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Embassy world snooker I almost missed the first round of bets:spank . I'll post my selections first and then edit in some analysis (if you could call it that);). 10pt double: G.Dott - I.McCulloch @ 1.50 (9-10) :( (wasn't Dott runner up last year?) M.Stevens - A.Hicks @ 1.35 (10-5) :D (good record, improving form) Odds of 2.03 5pt single: D.Henry - A.McManus @ 2.65 (9-10) :( (McManus is crap, but has ruined a few of my bets, but I can't resist opposing him here) 5pt 4-fold: S.Murphy - C.Small @ 1.45 (10-5) :D (C.Small's health problems) J.Higgins - M.Selby @ 1.23 (10-5) :D (I feel Higgins is slowly coming back to form) S.Lee - T.Drago @ 1.30 (10-5) :D (Drago is pants. Lee can play himself into some kind of form) M.Stevens - A.Hicks @ 1.35 (10-5) :D Odds of 3.13 2pt 8-fold:lol: A.Carter - M.Fu @ 1.65 (10-4) :D G.Dott - I.McCulloch @ 1.50 (9-10) :( M.Stevens - A.Hicks @ 1.35 (10-5) :D S.Murphy - C.Small @ 1.45 (10-5) :D J.Higgins - M.Selby @ 1.23 (10-5) :D S.Lee - T.Drago @ 1.30 (10-5) :D K.Doherty - B.Pinches @ 1.43 (10-5) :D (Ken's won it before and can grind through this) P.Ebdon - Q.Hann @ 1.33 (10-2) :D(Solid Ebdon to beat talented hot-head Hann) Odds of 14.73 Good luck:ok

Re: Embassy world snooker Ok, it's official Ronnie isn't human. :eek That black was ridiculously good, Maguire had a shot at beating him, but pressure got to him, he will have his day, but I'm becoming more convinced that Ronnie will beat Hendry's 7 titles should he stick around - that performance was incredible. :cow

Re: Embassy world snooker What does everyone one think of ronnie's interview he has just done on bbc? basically says he has lost his hunger for the sport and at 7-9 down was looking forward to going home! just talk or should this put us off backing him?

Re: Embassy world snooker The match at 310 is just a smoke screen, seen it happen on the horses too lately, its someone who's trading that market and wants to get an edge. Just notice how the graph on Ronnie on Betfair no longer shows the price movement because of the high match right at the start. Now someone, ;) , making his own recording can discard that early price match and still see exactly how the price has moved over time. Quite an advantage for someone only interested in trading the market.

Re: Embassy world snooker can never tell if Ronnie was matched at 310, on betfair or if it was a self trade. A bit annoyed as if had been played on any other day then a Saturday, I would have been trying to back Ronnie at a big price outright when 9-7 down.. I can't back ronnie at odds against, which he is now even on betfair, I wouldn't want to be laying him either though. Hamilton still has a good shout in his match with Gray. He used to be based at my local snooker club as well as Holt. Not sure when his match will get concluded, I guess they will have to wait until another match finishes later today before they can play the remaining frames.

Re: Embassy world snooker Outside the UK ? Want to watch the snooker ? Try this..... OK. It's quite simple. All you have to do is make the BBC website think you are in the UK. The best way to do this is via a private proxy server. Simple steps 1. Go to website >http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html This is one of the sites I use - there are many others. 2. Find a server based in the UK. Only use ones with an IP address (not names). Make a note of the number (IP address) and the port number. You now need to test the server. 3. Open MS-DOS prompt (Start->Run). Type 'cmd' and press enter. 4. Type 'ping ' then the IP address then press enter e.g ping 62.190.127.113 This will test the server 4 times. What you are looking for is a 0% loss and a low number for the average time. A good number is under 100ms although this will depend on how far you are from the UK as the data has to travel further. 5. Assuming you have found a good server now open RealPlayer. These insctructions are for version 10.5 but it will be the same in other versions (possibly in another place though). 6. Go to 'Preferences' from the 'Tools' menu. 7. Select 'Proxy' from the left hand menu. Select 'Change Settings' from the 'Media Browser Proxy Settings' area. 8. Select 'LAN settings'. Tick box 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' and then click 'Advanced'. 9. Type the IP address in the box for HTTP and type in the port number from earlier. Click 'OK' 4 times to close all dialogue boxes. 10. That is it. Now when you click the link to play something from the BBC website it will now pass the data through the proxy server (which is in the UK) and the BBC will assume you are there as well. :ok

Re: Embassy world snooker Nearly pulled off the bet with Maguire. I felt the analysis of Rocket being a bit rusty was spot on, and for 90% of the match Maguire handled him superbly. At 9-7 was almost there, and with the chances he had he should really have won. But Rocket isn't No 1 for nothing and pulled out the stops when he needed to. Maguire looked a bit uncomfortable when the finishing line was in sight - perhaps lacked the experience ?? Don't know myself but he won't get a better chance of beating Rocket at the Embassy. Still, hopefully Doherty will pull out the stops and get me back on track.

Re: Embassy world snooker :cheers Paul, works great. Jeffers & winbet, i tried it on an empty Handball market, put in a back and lay bet at the same time at 500-1, then another one at 1.01, great big spike on the Betfair chart, so thats useless to anyone. Unless you can make your own graph from your own data. Of course it could be real bet... but i don't think so.

Re: Embassy world snooker Hello all here are a few bets i've put on for the 1st round matches. There are a few handicap prices out there that are a little strange,1st i think is Selby +4.5 frames (v Higgins) @ 1.83 ,Skybet +4.5 is a big advantge,higgins price is basically the same as hendry's on the exchanges and hendry is -3.5 everywhere so i think this is value Also as Paul already pointed out the -2.5 handicap on Lee @ sportingOdds @ 4/5, price is off line. Im also wondering if you could middle this,as they do in NFL,ie back Drago +3.5 @ 1.83 @ Betdirect and back lee at -2.5 ,1.8 @ sportingodds,say 100£ on each then if Lee beats Drago by exactly 3 frames you would be up 160,anything else and you are down an average 18.50,so you get 9.72/1 for this, But of course you have to work out if the chances of Lee beating Drago by exactly 3 is less than 9.72/1 and I don't know how to do that:tongue2

Re: Embassy world snooker

5pt single: D.Henry - A.McManus @ 2.65 (9-10) :( (McManus is crap, but has ruined a few of my bets, but I can't resist opposing him here)
Henry throws away a 9-8 lead:@. Hopefully there's a bit more luck with my other bets:hope.

Re: Embassy world snooker Yeah, the 'can't win the last frame of two possible left after leading 9-8' seems like it'll be the recurrent theme this tourney. I expect Hamilton to lose 2 frames on the trot as he was leading 9-6 and to make it a trio of bottlers who couldn't finish the job while being 9-8 up. It's only £20 but after getting my hopes slightly dashed leaving it well alone after Hamilton was 5-2 down and thinking it's gonna be a loser and not follow it but now there's a chance of the bet actually winning, I feel teased either way. :eyes

Re: Embassy world snooker What do people think of Ronnies comments after his match yesterday? Basically saying he isnt motivated at the moment, isnt enjoying his snooker and his heart isnt in it. I certainly wouldnt want to be betting him at around 5/6 to win the tournament. A laying opportunity perhaps?

What do people think of Ronnies comments after his match yesterday? Basically saying he isnt motivated at the moment' date=' isnt enjoying his snooker and his heart isnt in it. I certainly wouldnt want to be betting him at around 5/6 to win the tournament. A laying opportunity perhaps?[/quote'] This was mentioned on page 2 of this thread AK, and I said then he's been saying things like that since the ripe old age of 15, amongst many other strange things he used to do on the table, like leave the black on 140 and go to the toilet in a qualifier in Blackpool. :lol

The match at 310 is just a smoke screen, seen it happen on the horses too lately, its someone who's trading that market and wants to get an edge. Just notice how the graph on Ronnie on Betfair no longer shows the price movement because of the high match right at the start. Now someone, ;) , making his own recording can discard that early price match and still see exactly how the price has moved over time. Quite an advantage for someone only interested in trading the market.
That is very interesting DP - devious mind you have!! - but, I think you're right about this 'tactic'. The market graphs will be useless after unless you have your own. Smart thinking, but also a little frightening...

Re: Embassy world snooker To be fair to Ronnie, I think he means what he's saying. When you've got all that money + titles it probabaly is difficult to motivate yourself for yet another tournament if you're not bothered about breaking all time records etc. But he's still a class player, and will be tough to beat as always.

Sorry dave' date=' but you're wrong, Ronnie has always been a nutcase and has been saying this stuff since he got out of pampers. He loves winning, otherwise he would have packed up ages ago.[/quote'] We'll have to disagree there. Just because he love the actual winning, it doesn't mean you are motivated to go through the process that gets you there. I did have a lot more to say on the issue, but as it's not really betting related it will have to wait for another thread.