French Open 2013

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Djokovic is never going to get a better opportunity to beat Nadal in my opinion. Nadal has won 41 of 43 matches since returning but he doesn't look as sharp as he has in previous years. My gut feeling is if Nadal can't win the first set he won't win. I just can't remember a more important first set in a grand slam for Nadal , djokovic is a notorious slow starter and I don't know what the statistics are when he wins the first set but I'm tipping he is virtually unbeatable.

Re: French Open 2013 hi everyone today im gone bet on sharapova @1.85 1.25 U , i think she gone be more focus after this 1st set against janko yesterday (like Czech said) For me she is the best at this time (with serena?) in the second match serena/errani im gone bet a small stake on Tie-break in 1st set : Yes @15.99 :p (0.15U for fun) i've a good stake on djoko win RG so ... im just chillin until the end :hope Bonne Chance a Vous! (all bets on betcity)

Re: French Open 2013

How many Aces has Errani had this tournament Czech? Seems decent odds!
Not many and I wouldn't want to base that bet on that stat really. It is mainly about her having to go for it today, as she knows that she can't just place the ball in against Serena as she can do against virtually everyone else.

Re: French Open 2013 Errani + 0.5 Double Faults v Serena @ 2.2 with SkyBet Errani has a first serve percentage of 88% this tournament and has made less double faults than Serena. Serena has made 10 double faults in her opening 5 matches averaging 2 a game. So if Errani can avoid 2 double faults this bet is bound to stand a chance!

Errani + 0.5 Double Faults v Serena @ 2.2 with SkyBet Errani has a first serve percentage of 88% this tournament and has made less double faults than Serena. Serena has made 10 double faults in her opening 5 matches averaging 2 a game. So if Errani can avoid 2 double faults this bet is bound to stand a chance!
I am not sure that we are on the same page, as your reasoning goes against your bet I would say. The bet you are backing wins if Errani makes more or the same amount of double faults as Serena, doesn't it?

Re: French Open 2013 Maria Sharapova v Victoria Azarenka Azarenka leads the h2h 7-5 and has won both grand slam meetings, Sharapova won both claycourt matches, but the Belarus player did lead (6-4 0-3) in the first of those, in what was Masha's real breakthrough tournament on the surface, in Rome in 2011. We discussed Sharapova yesterday .... It is still hard for me to fully accept Maria Sharapova as a clay court player, but I suppose as defending champion and with two Rome and one Madrid titles to her name, all in the last two years, I have to change my mind. She had not won on dirt before that and I had previously made some comments, probably not original, about her turning with the speed of an oil tanker, this movement has improved a bit, but is still an issue for me. She was a little quicker and her movement better as a youngster, but as she grew in height it became more of a problem and she has had to adapt to it. Three years ago I would have laughed if you said she could win at Roland Garros, but she is 46-5 on clay in the last three seasons and that is the best record on Tour. However, she did withdraw in Rome, which as a two time defending champion must have been hard, citing sickness, but a couple of days later she admitted that tiredness was a factor, she had won both Stuttgart and Madrid and said that had taken it's toll. I still think clay is tough for her, especially mentally and she will have (potentially) three gruelling battles on the surface this week. Jankovic is a claycourter and a three time semi finalist here, in each of those years she lost to a player at the very peak of their game, two of them went on to win the title and the other was long odds on in the final (circa 1.20) and blew it. JJ is a six time winner on the surface and former world number one, who has got her game back on track this year and will collect a lot of ranking points here, possibly enough to return to the top ten. She has played Masha in six completed matches (never on clay) four went the distance and she won one of those.In her post match interview after R4 she said that she was "very happy with her game" and "healthy", this is a big statement for her, almost all tennis players are hypochondriacs (seriously) and some are always "injured", Jankovic is, or has been one of the worse, so for her to make a point of saying this, is a clear indication that she is at her best and obviously fit. Conditions will be a a little warmer in Paris by the time the tennis starts, but there will still be a little wind around and this will not help Sharapova, especially with her very high ball toss and career long problems with double faults, eight against Zheng in the third round. This is Jankovic's first grand slam quarter final in three years, she has waited a long time for this opportunity and I feel we will see the best of her today, I think this is a potential "upset" and I a very keen on her chances of taking a set. 45 unforced errors for Masha (to 30 winners), the fourth match running she has had more errors than winners and in total making 36% more errors, to put that into context, Azarenka has hit 30% more winners than unforced errors. Against a top ranked player and whichever way you look at it, VA is top 3 at least, those stats are going to have to improve. Sharapova was "lucky" in that Jankovic did her best to beat herself yesterday and I doubt that this version of Azarenka will do likewise. Add into the mix the Masha ball toss issues, especially if even a little wind today and the knowledge that she is facing arguably the best returner in the game, meaning that Sharapova will have to look for more on her second serve (double faults ?). The Belarus player is coming to terms with the surface and whilst far from being a claycourter, this tournament is not going to be won by one of those in any case, she is near the top of her game and in the last two rounds Kirilenko and Schiavone only won a combined 11 points from 52 second serves. I think that Azarenka should be a small favourite. Victoria Azarenka to beat Maria Sharapova

I am not sure that we are on the same page' date=' as your reasoning goes against your bet I would say. The bet you are backing wins if Errani makes more or the same amount of double faults as Serena, doesn't it?[/quote'] No sorry the bet I am backing wins if Errani makes less double faults, or that was what i thought?

No sorry the bet I am backing wins if Errani makes less double faults' date=' or that was what i thought?[/quote'] I really don't think that you are correct, but it would be best to check with the bookie directly. However, if the market says "Most Double Faults", I would say that Errani +0.5 wins if she makes as many or more double faults as Williams.

I really don't think that you are correct' date=' but it would be best to check with the bookie directly. However, if the market says "Most Double Faults", I would say that Errani +0.5 wins if she makes as many or more double faults as Williams.[/quote'] i agree. you want to be backing serena -0.5 in that market as i understand it in that case Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: French Open 2013 Bit late today. Already had 10 points on Sharapova serving most aces @ 8/13 against Azarenka. For Serena v Errani - fancy under 8.5 games in 1st set at 11/10 with Ladbrokes. Serena hasn't dropped more than a game in the 1st set at Roland Garros yet and hasn't dropped more than 2 games in opening set of last 12 matches on clay.

Back Sara Errani Total Aces - Over 0.5 for a 2/10 stake at 2.37 with Paddy Power It is quite hard to call the match between Errani and Williams in terms of handicap lines and total games, but I think that this prop bet might have a decent chance of going through. Kuznetsova, Vinci, and Garcia all managed to serve an ace against Williams and Errani will have to try to serve out of her comfort zone today, so chances are that she will hit an ace at some point as well. I would probably have this at evens, so this price looks worth taking.
Seems to be a very nice bet. If you have an acoount at marathonbet, it would be even nicer... Sara Errani to serve more than 0,5 aces. 4,55 (!) @ marathonbet (7/10).

Seems to be a very nice bet. If you have an acoount at marathonbet, it would be even nicer... Sara Errani to serve more than 0,5 aces. 4,55 (!) @ marathonbet (7/10).
thanks for the heads up but only allowed me £0.78 ! meh

Re: French Open 2013 Nadal v Djokovic Hello everybody this is my first post here. Nothing new here, 35th encounter of the titans, except that they are meeting in the semi and not in a final. I do not want to write long post explaining my pick. Long posts usually tend to bring the subjective view of the OP in front plan. I will only put several facts that made me pick Nadal to win over Djokovic . 57-1 on Roland Garros for Nadal so far. 12-3 on clay for Nadal against Djokovic. ( Nolan won the last match on clay in April 2013, Monte Carlo) 6-3 against Djokovic in Grand Slams 4-0 against Djokovic in Roland Garros. (11-1 sets) I am huge fan of Djokovic and i know how much he wants to win this game. This is the final before the final. He said the RG was his priority at the start of this year and after the bad news for his former coach's death he wants this even more. As much as i believe in his powers and determination i just can't see him nailing this one. I do not remember seeing the king of clay loosing two times in a row on his favorite surface. If this was any other surface than clay i would not have been so confident in this pick as Nolan showed he is better. In Monte Carlo he was brilliant but he will need to be more than that at RG. He needs to be fast, to serve great and return great .All must be in unison. First set is a " must" if he wants something from the game. We probably are going to see a four setter but in the end the inevitable will happen. Verdict: Nadal ML @ 1.65 7/10 Nadal -2,5 games @1.9 7/10 GL,

Re: French Open 2013 Williams vs Sharapova - Total match games - under 19.5 Evs Paddy Power. Hope you all helped yourselves on the total match games and/or handicap in the Errani match? So now we reach the final and 2 players who have no love lost between them. Sharapova has made a lot of errors this fortnight and beat Azarenka I think simply because her movement on the clay was a little better. In this match Sharapova will not get away with those errors. In my opinion the surface doesn't matter here anymore - it becomes a match between 2 power hitters and Williams is better in every department. Thoughout the tournament, apart from her blip in the quarters she has been totally focused and while it is true that in her last 2 grand slam quarter finals she dropped a set I do not see that happening here. Of all the opponents she could have faced this is the one she will give to least. I see a similar story to the Olympic final with Sharapova doing marginally better - maybe 4 games? The best value therefore is the total match games which is a massive under 19.5 at evens with Paddy Power. Although this isn't the present they gave in the semis with Errani even a 6-3 6-4 victory for Williams will cover this line, provided she remains focused. The bet is: Total match games under 19.5 with maximum confidence Evs Paddy Power. Make them pay again and help yourselves! Good Luck

Re: French Open 2013 Back David Ferrer to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 2/10 stake at 1.73 with Pinnacle I have to say that I like Ferrer at this price. He has been flying under the radar in recent days, but he has been winning his matches very comfortably and he should love his chances in this one. Tsonga will now be under plenty of pressure after beating Federer, as the French fans are surely expecting him to win this - and I can easily see him crumbling under that sort of pressure, especially against someone as consistent as David Ferrer. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ferrer-vs-tsonga-betting-david-ferrer-has-what-it-takes-to-defeat-the-local-hero-on-friday-20130606 Back Makarova/Vesnina to beat Hlavackova/Hradecka for a 2/10 stake at 1.73 with William Hill Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina should take this, they really should. Hlavackova and Hradecka have been pretty poor so far this year and they haven't had to do much in order to get here either, so I think that there is no reason for giving them as much credit as the bookies seem to be doing. Moreover, Hradecka was complaining about fatigue after winning the title in the mixed doubles on Thursday, so it might be quite hard for her to recover from that and be at full strength today, making the task even more difficult for the Czechs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/makarova-vesnina-vs-hlavackova-hradecka-betting-the-russian-duo-should-be-too-strong-for-andrea-hlavackova-and-lucie-hradecka-20

Re: French Open 2013 Hi everybody hello Czech , what do you think on over 41.5 for the ferrer/tsonga match? i think tsonga have a big pressure on him too , but i think he's gone fight and be focus on this match tomorrow and we gone see a long match (5sets) , what is your feeling please ? and sorry for my english (i cant make a long sentences in english :) )

Re: French Open 2013 Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to beat David Ferrer @ 2.34 >Betfair At this price, and in a match that I really think could go either way, I'll back Tsonga to beat Ferrer and make the final. Although both players have made serene progress through the draw, I think Tsonga has been the slightly more impressive of the two. His win against Federer in straight sets was no mean feat, even though Federer was not at his best, and Tsonga should be full of confidence as a result. When Tsonga is on song, as he has appeared to be so far in this tournament, his powerful game can be difficult to handle, even for a player like Ferrer. He has also been serving well, and if he can continue to serve well then he may be able to get some cheap points and restrict the longer rallies that Ferrer prefers. Whilst it's possible that the occasion might get to Tsonga, I think it's also possible that the occasion might get to Ferrer. He will badly want to get to a Grand Slam final, and will probably be aware that this could be his best, and possibly last, chance. As such, I think Tsonga and Ferrer could cancel each other out as far as nerves are concerned, and so the support and energy that Tsonga will surely get from an enthusiastic French crowd could tip the balance of this match in his favour. I'm sure that Ferrer will make it very difficult for Tsonga as he is such a dogged competitor, but if Tsonga can stay patient and not allow Ferrer to frustrate him into making errors, I think he could edge it.

Re: French Open 2013 Nadal/Djokovic Tie Break in Match? No @ 13/8 Stan James By my figures, there is only around a 15% chance of a tie-break in any one set. This is supported empirically by the fact that only 5 of the 38 sets they have played on clay have gone to a tiebreak. Even if I knew there would be 5 sets, 13/8 would still be too big. I make this a shade of odds-on so 13/8 is a great price.

Re: French Open 2013 Nadal - Djokovic These two meet again - what a shame that we will watch them in semis instead of in finals... In the past year, they have met just once, and that was couple of weeks ago when they have played for title in Monte Carlo and Novak has won that duel rather easily. Djokovic had couple of hiccups since that match (loss to Berdych, loss to Dimitrov), while Nadal was taking tournaments one after another. Since he has returned to the court, Nadal has lost only 2 matches, one to Novak and one to Zeballos. He is fit and ready and only thing he has a problem with is in his mind as Novak is the only guy who managed to break his unbelievable streaks on clay and that fact puzzles Nadal, I'm sure of it. He simply isn't used to that kind of permanent treatment on his own type of ground. Another thing blows the wind in the sails of Novak, recently his first tennis trainer passed away and they together have dreamed of taking all GS tournaments. He couldn't be at her funeral and he will gain massive confidence and morale boost which is so much required against King of the Clay. Nadal chases his 4th consecutive (for the second time) and 8th in total, title here. He doesn't need any more motivation than that for sure. One thing is certain, he wants this title and he wants it bad. All that I'm hoping for is one amazing and long match and when I look into the corners of the arena I see reigning King on one side and the only person that can play on par with him on other side. I am hoping for long and awesome match, the one only these two can give us and as they both have their motives which will guide them forward I will place two bets. Novak to win @ 2.3, Novak to win 3-2 @ 6.5. Good luck to all.