** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2013

Re: French Open 2013 A touch fortunate today but I'll take it. Now there aren't any pending overnight, it leaves me on +43.97 for the tournament. Tempted by a few tomorrow, actually all of the ones mentioned by Atko and IAG but something is telling me to hold off so think I'll leave tomorrow and just have an interest as a spectator.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2013 Hanescu v Kohlschreiber Over 3.5 Sets @ 1.73 - Boylesports Wawrinka v Janowicz Over 3.5 Sets @ 1.73 - Boylesports I like both of these games for overs and the odds offered by Boylesports are great. Wawrinka has dropped a set against just De Bakker so far however I feel Janowicz is a much better player than Zeballos and De Bakker. I think he could win here he seems to be one of the most improved players on tour in my opinion beating two good players Haase and Ramos Vinolas already aswell as beating Tsonga and Gasqaet more recently. Kohlscreiber and Hanescu are both going to be very fresh. Hanescu has not played a full match yet whilst playing well in the opening sets of both matches. Kohl got a walkover in the last round so is likley to fully fit. These two have met 3 times and Hanescu has won a set on every occasion. I think Hanescu is being under rated and can cause Kohl some real problems.

Re: French Open 2013 Some really good games today in this 3rd round & defiantely will be parting with some cash today Francesca Schiavone(-2.5 games) to beat Marion Bartoli French Open @1.8 Paddypower(7/10) Bartoli has scrapped through Rounds One & Two by the skin of her teeth.Today she meets a true Clay court player in Schiavone.FS beat Flipkens last round & always seems to show her best form vs seeded players in big events.I just can't see how Bartoli can beat FS today & really good price on the handicap.7pts win Novak Djokovic vs Grigor Dimitrov French Open 1st Set total games +9.5games @2.1 Ladbrokes(6/10) Djokovic just steamrolled Pella in Round Two but Dimitrov should but up a decent fight today.GD has really showed some real good form in 2013 & see by his record he has pushed or beaten the like of Murray, Nadal,Potro etc..could have gone a few ways with this bet.The over 32.5 games looks good but I like the look of this bet of a very close 1st round set,just looking back on their 3 past meetings the 1st set games total were 9 games,13 games & 13 games.In this bet over 10 games & bet is won.6pts win Good Luck with all your bets today :hope

Re: French Open 2013 3pts B.Paire to beat K.Nishikori 1.80 Ladbrokes 1pt B.Paire to win 3-1 4.33 Bet365 Feel Paire is a better clay player then Nish. They played eachother last year on the carpet and Nish won 2-0 but I think this time it's going to be different. I see Nish winning a set though, so I will also have a point on 3-1. Nish tends to be abit scatty in his play and tends to be broken alot so if Paire can get some decent serving in he should win with room to spare. 2.5pts over 20.5 games Erakovic vs Stephens 2.00 Bet365 1.5pt Erakovic to win 4.00 Bet365 Fancy this to go to 3 sets. Spephens not the most consistent of the women on tour and Erakovic really impressed me by beating Cibulkova. I never thought she could of done that. She beat Stephens on the hard court this year also so a small stake at big odds.

Re: French Open 2013 3pts Over 38.5 games S.Wawrinka vs J.Janowicz 1.80 Bet365 2pts J.Janowicz to win 3.40 Bet365 1pt J.Janowicz to win 3-2 8.50 I think this will be a really good match. Janowicz up and coming star and Wawrinka coming back into some real good form on clay. Not too long ago I remember Wawrinka beating Tsonga pretty easily on clay. He is a good player but he does tend to have alot of mental glitches that make him lose games now and again. Never played against eachother before and this will surely go to atleast 4 sets which would most likely cover us on the games market Id of thought.

Re: French Open 2013 2.5pts J.Jankovic to beat S.Stosur 2.10 Bet365 Surprised that Jankovic is not the favorite here. She beat her this year in Stuttgart in straight sets. She recently beat Na Li and Jovanovski in Rome both in straight sets also. Both have had straight forward passage to now, both winning pretty easily really so for both this is their real test. Stosur hasn't been serving too great recently and I think that will give Jankovic the edge here.

Re: French Open 2013 Voegele - Kirilenko O19 @1.935 Pinnacle (3/10) Voegele the most underestimated player of this FO. Her yesterday's win over Kanepi should have boosted her confidence, because she has won being 1-4 down in the decider. H2H cosist of 2 three-setters, Kirilenko retired in Rome, and though her win over Bratchikova and Barty looks impressive, Voegele should be tougher test. Dimitrov +2.5 sets > Djokovic @2.120 Pinnacle (3/10) This is so obvious, that I am afraid a bit that this does not come through. But I just have to try. Dimitrov did beat him in Madrid couple of weeks ago, he looks in good shape here, and I just do not think that Djoker is going to win in 3 sets. Hanescu to bt Kohlschreiber @3.11 Pinnacle (2/10) I do not trust Kohli here. He had a walkover in the 2nd round, and his play vs complete novice Vesely did not look very convincing. Hanescu is experienced grinder, so I give it a try. And of course Fognini +2.5 sets > Nadal @3.8 Pinnacle (3/10) Fognini to bt Nadal @29.68 Pinnacle (1/10) Needs no explanation :-)

Re: French Open 2013 1pt R.Nadal to beat F.Fognini 3-1 5.00 Bet365 I only really this the chance of this is in set 1. I also only think Fognini will get 1 set at tops so seems a good value bet. Nadal looking abit tired recently and today complaining about the fact he plays next day where as Fognini gets a rest. Last 2 games also Nadal lost first set and come back to win 3-1. 1pt J.Isner to win the first set AND lose 5.50 Bet365 I think Isner will start best here but I'm not sure who will win. It's such a close-call that Id rather stake a small point on a correct outcome. I certainly think there will be alot of games. Isner has a very good serve (with 112 aces on clay this year) so should be able to power his way through the early stages when he is at his freshest. 2pts V.Hanescu to beat P.Kohlschreiber 3.00 Bet365 Been "umming and arghing" with this one, but I'll throw a few points at Hanescu. Hanescu reminds me of Querrey as he can really win games when he doesn't look favourite. He can also win games where he isn't playing well. Kohl hasn't impressed me so far and if it wasn't for his passage so far I think he'd been gone by now. 2pts Over 21.5 games J.Hampton vs P.Kvitova 2.00 Bet365 Kvitova really not been here best so far in this tournament and Hampton has been a right fighter. I think she can take a set from Kvitova but ultimately don't see her winning unfortunetly.

Re: French Open 2013 Littele bit too late probably, but I pulled the trigger a minute ago Isner +4.5 games > Haas @1.962 Pinnacle (3/10) Whether Haas should be such a big fav (Isner @ 3.6ish) is by itself questionable. In addition, Isner never loses too many games in his matches. In Nice last week he even lost to R.Haase when winning by one more game than Haase did :-) I am quite confident here.

Re: French Open 2013

Some really good games today in this 3rd round & defiantely will be parting with some cash today Francesca Schiavone(-2.5 games) to beat Marion Bartoli French Open @1.8 Paddypower(7/10) Bartoli has scrapped through Rounds One & Two by the skin of her teeth.Today she meets a true Clay court player in Schiavone.FS beat Flipkens last round & always seems to show her best form vs seeded players in big events.I just can't see how Bartoli can beat FS today & really good price on the handicap.7pts win
Great call Pensioner. She did it easy with 6 spare games Bartloli is awful these days

Re: French Open 2013 Back Tommy Robredo to beat Nicolas Almagro @ 5.20 >Betfair I'm going to back Robredo again, as I thought he did well to come through his last match against Monfils. After winning the fourth set tie break, and no doubt sensing that Monfils was starting to struggle physically, Robredo showed all his experience and wore Monfils down with some solid tennis. Even though it was a long match, Robredo seemed in reasonable physical shape towards the end, and so hopefully after a day of rest he will be ready to face his compatriot Almagro for a place in the quarter-finals. Although Robredo has a poor record against Almagro, I think it is slightly misleading as most of the matches took place when Robredo was having fitness problems. He looks to be over those problems now, and has been playing well this season and making his way back up the rankings. I wouldn't class Almagro as the most reliable player on the tour, and if he can lose to someone like Kubot in this tournament, as he did a couple of years ago, I see no reason why he can't lose to an in-form player like Robredo.

Re: French Open 2013 Three bets for me today: Jo-Wilfred Tsonga(-7.5 games) to beat Viktor Troicki French Open @2.08 Pinnacle(6/10) JWT seems to have his serious head on during the first three rounds of this French Open, beating Bedene,Nieminen & Chardy,without dropping a set.Troicki got a surprise win over Cilic last round but will have to up another level to have any chance vs Tsonga.I can see a 3-0 win for Tsonga today but will go for the handicap at a decent price.6pts win Tommy Robredo vs Nicolas Almagro French Open over 35.5 games @1.91 Pinnacle(6/10) Tough game for Almagro this morning & can see Robredo taking at least one set off NA to get us past the overs.H2H reads a 5-2 lead for Almagro with last meeting a a very close two set win for Almagro.Both are playing well,TR must be feeling the after affects of that 5 setter vs Monfils but still see this game covering the overs.6pts win Agnieszka Radwanska vs Ana Ivanovic French Open over 21.5 games @1.89 Pinnacle(7/10) This match up screams to me overs.Missed the 1pt lower handicap at 20.5 games but happy enough to take the 21.5 games.Ivanovic has destroyed her opponents up to this stage & Radwanska has been in good form aswell,very hard to split them so going for overs.7pts win

Re: French Open 2013 What a disappointing day :wall- Hanescu and Dimitrov were mere jokes, Foggy had chances, but blew it...

Voegele - Kirilenko O19 @1.935 Pinnacle (3/10) Dimitrov +2.5 sets > Djokovic @2.120 Pinnacle (3/10) Hanescu to bt Kohlschreiber @3.11 Pinnacle (2/10) Fognini +2.5 sets > Nadal @3.8 Pinnacle (3/10) Fognini to bt Nadal @29.68 Pinnacle (1/10) Isner +4.5 games > Haas @1.962 Pinnacle (3/10)
-3.3 u for saturday +8.6 u for French Open

Re: French Open 2013 Just two for me today after going well on Saturday. Back T.Robredo/N.Almagro - Over 36.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 2.00 with Ladbrokes This line looks a bit low given the quality both guys should be able to bring to the table. Almagro has been playing well so far, but I think that the straightforward win against Seppi was down to Seppi self-destructing more than anything else. Robredo looks set to challenge his compatriot today - and the total games line should be covered in the process. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robredo-vs-almagro-betting-tommy-robredo-can-slow-down-nicolas-almagro-in-paris-20130602 Back Sara Errani (-5.5) to beat Carla Suarez-Navarro for a 2/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power Errani has been cruising through the event so far, having no problems at all and demolishing her opponents very easily. Meanwhile, Suarez-Navarro has been less convincing, dropping sets against both Halep and Rogers. Cannot see past Errani really - and I think that she will be able to cover this line in most of her victories. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/errani-vs-suarez-navarro-betting-sara-errani-should-have-no-problems-against-the-world-s-number-twenty-20130602

Re: French Open 2013 Today i am going to take it one time slot after another, and I start with K.Anderson + 6.5 games > Ferrer @1.901 Pinnacle (2/10) Kevin's H2H is 1-1, with recent win in Miami this year (in 3 sets). Last year at FO Kevin brought Berdych to five sets. I do not see this as an easy 3-0 62 62 63 for David, no no.

Re: French Open 2013 Few more stand out to me today as opposed to yesterday. Hoping to build on that good first week. Roger Federer(-7.5 games) vs Gilles Simon- 4/5 BetVictor- (4/10) Opposed Simon in his past two matches in some form and I'm going to do the same again today. He really hasn't impressed me much in his home tournament and was fortunate to get past Querrey in the last round who he really struggled with. He's had problems with Hewitt and Cuevas to an extent in the tournament and he'll really need to up his game to cope with Federer. Roger's quietly been going about his business with minimal fuss and overcame a little slip early on against Benneteau to win in straight sets there. He'll be far the fresher player out of the two, even though Simon has had a day off since the Querrey match but his fitness recently has been a bit suspect which may play a part, especially if he goes a couple of sets down. Federer beat the Frenchman 6-1 6-2 only a few weeks ago in Rome and with Simon not impressing so far in the tournament, I'll back Federer to win this one well. Nicolas Almagro (-6.5 games) vs Tommy Robredo- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Don't usually back the Spaniard in slams, in fact very seldom do I do it but think he's worth the punt here. He's still only dropped the single set in Paris which is really good viewing for him as he often goes missing in the 5 set matches but the fact that he hasn't done that impresses me. There's no doubt that Robredo has really been playing some good stuff since returning to the tour but he's played two grueling 5 setter in a row now, both coming back from 2 sets down and I think fitness may just affect him in this match. He's played a lot of tennis this year and seemed to cope with it, but he's yet to play two long 5 setters in a row so I'm not entirely sure how he'll cope today. He may have it in him to keep it close and take a set, but ultimately I do see Almagro winning at least one set comfortably and pull through. He dominates the H2H as well 5-0 and I think he'll have enough about him to see off Robredo with a bit to spare. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (-7.5 games) vs Viktor Troicki- 21/20 BetVictor- (3/10) I like the Frenchman here and he's been playing some good stuff in Paris. He's still yet to drop a set and he absolutely dismantled Chardy in the last round which could have potentially been a touch match for Tsonga. Troicki also had a really good win against Marin Cilic but I'm still not convinced by him in all honesty. Gimeno-Traver pushed him all the way and the likes of Nishikori and Gulbis have easily beaten him in recent weeks. There are signs that he's returning to some decent form but Tsonga is a really tough ask for the Serb. In the 2 meetings they've had on clay, Tsonga has won with ease in straight sets and one could argue Troicki was playing better then than he is now. Tsonga will have the crowd naturally and I think he'll win this one cosily as well. Couple for the women. Sara Errani (-5.5 games) vs Carla Suarez Navarro- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) I know Suarez Navarro has caused Errani massive problems so far this year, beating her in the Aussie Open and then taking her the distance in Paris earlier in the year, but on clay I think it'll be a different story. Errani has won all of her matches with ease, including a bagel set against Lisicki which is tough to do. Suarez Navarro however has dropped sets against Halep and Rogers whilst she was pushed bu Puig as well which shows the difference in both women's tennis at the minute. Errani has shown to be one of the best players on the tour, and even more so on clay. In the last month or so, the only women to beat her have been Azarenka and Williams and she's mixed it up with both in a set. The Italian has already beaten her compatriot on the clay earlier in the season and covered this handicap comfortably in doing so. She's playing the much better tennis on the clay right now so think she'll come through this one well. Agnieszka Radwanska to beat Ana Ivanovic- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Expected the Pole to be a much bigger favourite in this one in a matchup in which she dominates the H2H. She's won the last 6 matches the two have played against one another, two of which have been this year in a couple of high profile events in Melboune and Doha. I know Ivanovic has had a lot more court time on the clay out of the two players, but she was beaten by Radwanska's sister in Rome and then Martic managed to take a set off the Serb in the first round. Although Radwanska's form coming into the tournament wasn't great, she's had no such problems in winning her 3 matches in straight sets and even if she's not at her best, she'll have the insurance of knowing she has the mental edge over Ivanovic. This should be a close game but the H2H speaks volumes to me and both will know how the recent results have gone. Radwanska is far more consistent in the rallies and I think the Pole will come through this one in what should be a decent game to watch.

Re: French Open 2013 Unbelievable, he has done it 3rd time in a row...

He is not going to beat Ferrer' date=' but all credit to Robredo. What a player.[/quote'] Maybe he is not, but in no way I am going against Robredo from now on :-) The safest bet would be Ferrer to win 1st set, LOL.

Re: French Open 2013

You think that's too high? Comfortable Ferrer 3-0 for me and the odds look about right.
I agree Ferrer will probably win 3-0 but these odds seem relatively high considering how well Robredo has played so far!

Re: French Open 2013 Back Mikhail Youzhny to beat Tommy Haas for a 3/10 stake at 1.98 with Pinnacle I would like to see Haas coming through this challenge, but I think that he should be a slight underdog in this match-up in all fairness. He hasn't been particularly impressive so far and the match against Isner has certainly not been the ideal preparation for this clash, so willing to back Youzhny, who has found some decent form in recent days, to repeat the result from Rome. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/youzhny-vs-haas-betting-mikhail-youzhny-should-be-able-to-defeat-tommy-haas-once-again-20130603 Back Maria Kirilenko (-2.5) to beat Bethanie Mattek-Sands for a 3/10 stake at 1.90 with Unibet This looks like a relatively new territory for Mattek-Sands and I think that she is going to struggle straight from the start. She could have easily lost against both Ormaechea and Li, while Kirilenko hasn't had any real problems so far, keeping the match against Vogele to just two sets, which is a solid result given Vogele's recent performances. I would probably have the handicap at 3 or 3.5 here, so there you go, I am more than happy to back the Russian at this lower line. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kirilenko-vs-mattek-sands-betting-maria-kirilenko-to-defeat-the-american-with-minimal-fuss-20130603 Back Richard Gasquet to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 3/10 stake at 2.30 with Pinnacle Gasquet has been the more impressive player of the two so far in my opinion and he really looks set to get something from this Grand Slam. It will be tough, but Wawrinka will have to go out of his comfort zone and I think that he might have some problems when dealing with both the crowd and the strong opponent that is yet to drop a set in this event. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gasquet-vs-wawrinka-betting-the-in-form-frenchman-looks-value-in-paris-today-20130603

Re: French Open 2013 Little bit unlucky yesterday with various things but was to be expected after the first week. Taking 4 today, in a big rush so really quick write-ups. Mikhail Youzhny to beat Tommy Haas- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) The Russian has won the last 2 meeting, including a straight sets win over in Rome a couple of weeks ago. He was impressive in disposing of Tipsarevic whilst Haas comes into this one on the back of a marathon against Isner. It shouldn't hamper the German too much but for Youzhny should be a bigger favourite. Philipp Kohlschreiber (+8.5 games) vs Novak Djokovic- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) The German usually ups his game for the bigger opponents and he beat Novak here back in 2009 and troubled him in Indian Wells in their most recent match as well. Both guys completely hammered their opponents in the last round so both should be fresh, but I'd expect Kohlschreiber to be a stiffer test than Dimitrov provided. Even if the Serb wins in 3, I think the German can keep it close. Rafael Nadal vs Kei Nishikori- Over 29.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) I can't be backing Nadal after what I've seen from him so far. He hasn't covered the unders in any of his matches and Nishikori is a far better player than anyone he has faced thus far. I do expect Rafa to win, but Nishikori will plug away at the Spaniard and I think he'll take a set, but even if he doesn't, 3 tight sets will do the trick as well. One for the women. Victoria Azarenka (-5.5 games) vs Francesca Schiavone- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Can only see one winner here and I think Azarenka will win it well. She's won both matches on clay comfortably in the past and in the time that has elapsed, the Italian has gotten older and isn't playing as well. She hammered Bartoli but the Frenchwoman has never had the best of times in Paris but coming into the tournament, she'd lost 3 on the trot and I think Azarenka will expose that and win with plenty to spare here.

Re: French Open 2013 Mikhail Youzhny to beat Tommy Haas French Open @2.00 Bet365(6/10) Youzhny has beaten Haas three times out of their last four meetings & recently at ATP Rome 6-4 6-3.Youzhny straight sets victory over Tipsarevic was impressive & if he keeps up that level,then I believe he will have too much for Haas today.Haas has just come off an epic encounter vs Isner & I know Robredo has defied all logic,but Haas will feel the after effects today. Midday heat,maybe go one set down to Youzhny,what will be left in the tank?I favour Youzhny for the win today.6pts win Bethanie Mattek to beat Maria Kirlenko French Open @2.57 Pinnacle(7/10) The way Mattek has played so far in this FO,I wouldnt have her a underdog in this match.The way she took apart Na Li in Round 2,aswell has a really good win over Ormaechea shows shes in really good form.On her favoured surface she is gonna be tough to beat.Their one previous meeting Kirlenko destroyed Mattek 6-1 6-4,but that was on MK favoured hard surface.Mattek will get her rfevenge today.7pts wins Francesca Schiavone(+1.5sets) to beat Viktoria Azarenka @2.70 Boylesport(6/10) Schiavone battered Bartoli last round but wouldnt take any real consideration on that result but her win vs Flipkens in Round two was the bench mark of how well she is playing at the moment.Her run & form in this is no surprise of how well she played last month in WTA Marrakech & I fully expect her to give Azarenka a real scare today & maybe even beat VA.Cornet last round took the 1st set off Azarenka & I the score in the end doesnt justify how well Cornet played.Schiavone will nick a set.6pts win. Ok,dont usually do the big outsiders but a few points on these two games.Can't ignore the prices: Francesca Schiavone to beat Viktoria Azarenka @6.50 Sportingbet(3/10) As above,just feel Schiavone is playing at the top of her game & on the flip side I havent been that impressed by Azarenka Kei Nishikori to beat Rafael Nadal @17.50 Betfair(2/10) Nishikori 17's to beat Nadal in todays Round 16 clash?Crazy price & willing to part with a couple of points to see what happens.I would have Nishikori around the 5's mark & he's shown that he can beat the top seeds on the clay conditions.Nadal looks beatable & Nishikori has the ability to do that.2pts win Good Luck with all your bets:hope

Re: French Open 2013 Pretty meh first week for me, couldnt get a run going at all. Some good matches to come. Kohlschreiber +9.5 games vs Djokovic @ 8/11 (Stan James:3pts) Could be tougher than the odds suggest here I think. Djokovic truly exposed Dimitrov who wasnt solid enough from the baseline like Goffin was against Novak. Kohli is a very inconsistent player but experienced, can hit quite big, and does occasionally play well in tough matches. Big line and I think Kohlschreiber can play some competitive sets against Djokovic. Tsonga +3.5 games vs Federer @ 5/6 (Stan James:3pts) This one is on Tuesday but should be a good match. Tsonga is playing some good tennis right now, while Federer is not quite at his best anymore. He did play well in the last 2 sets against Simon after some error-filled sets in between. I fancy this to go to 4 or 5 sets and Tsonga to cover the line. :hope

Re: French Open 2013 Back to WTA today. Mattek-Sands > Kirilenko @2.53 Pinnacle (2/10) Kirilenko did not look too comfortably against Voegele, and there is still her retirement against Errani two weeks ago due to left knee injury. If BMS delivers the performance like against Li Na, she can win. J.Hampton +1,5 sets > Jankovic @1,800 (6/10) H2H 1-0 for Hampton, that defeated JJ 2-0 last year at Indian Wells. Jamie in big form here, and JJ is known to lose concentration every now and then.

Re: French Open 2013 First of all, there is a live chat thread for all in-play comments, so please starting posting them there from now on. RuleBritaniaa, in the space of your six first posts, you have managed to criticize two punters and one tennis player. Please re-consider you participation on this forum, we are all eagerly waiting for your picks and reasoning.