robertob's eye-catcher thread

robertob

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Disappointing run continues. Silvia Romana was beaten on the line while drifting out to 20/1...Teetotal was a total disaster... 15.50 Ascot: Ducal @ 40/1 Bet365 - 1pt win Still a turf maiden but I thought he ran with credit on a couple of occasions, particularly in his last two starts when he really caught my eye. He was unlucky at Newmarket in his penultimate start, when not getting the clearest of runs in the closing stages, but had absolutely everything against himself at Haydock three weeks ago in a hugely competitive Handicap. He travelled like a dream that day, poised for a big challenge, but didn't get a run through whatsoever. While the eventual winner and 2nd also had to sit and suffer, they got out over 1f out though, Ducal had no real chance in contrast, yet once in a clear, which was very late indeed then, he finished easily in a way that suggests he's well handicapped. So in terms of that, I think he could reverse the form with Ashaadd, who is 2nd favourite for this race here today, while Ducal is a huge 40/1 chance. Bit of luck is required in such a huge Handicap, and usually this is not my cup of tea, but Ducal is way too big in my mind and if things pan out for him today, he'll be right up in the shake-up. 20.00 Lingfield: Comedy House @ 8/1 Betfair - 2 pts win Frustrating sort this Comedy House but interesting here today back over 2m on the All-Weather on the back of an impressive performance at Newbury three weeks ago. He travelled well in rear but was left with a bit to do turning for home and looked slightly outpaced when the pace increased over 3f out, he stayed on really well though, was unlucky then to have a bunch of horses in front of the nose over 2f out and couldn't get a run through. He switched to the outside 1f out, a manoeuvre that cost ground, but ran on strongly there to finish 2nd in the end. The 3rd of this race won since then a Handicap and the winner went close, so form looks solid.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Thanks mate! Just in after cinema and watched the race replay, good performance in the end and finally a win for Comedy House who deserved this. Nice drift to 16/1 SP! And this was in fact the first winner this month for this thread, even though didn't have too many bets. :)

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Time for some updates on the stats as a bit more than a month is over since the last update. It was since then pretty much a hit and miss game, particularly in July it was difficult, with only one winner, which was Comedy House, who turned things around. However I went close with big priced horses a couple of times, when "luck" wasn't entirely on my side. But in the long term lucks doesn't matter and therefore the thread is progressing with a new profit of roughly 88 points, and a decent ROI of almost 25%, while the overall strike rate went almost one percent down since the last update, which is no surprise to me though, as it simply is down to the fact that my selections mainly are bigger priced these days than they used to be a couple of month ago. Stats Overview - 27th July 2013 (last updated 18/06/13): Staked: 355pts Returned: 443.32pts Profit/Loss: +88.32pts ROI: +24.88% Bets: 137 Wins: 21 S/R: 15.33%

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 14.15 Goodwood: Mundahesh @ 16/1 Bet365 - 1pt win New month, first bet! Looks a competitive Handicap but Mundahesh looks also overpriced in this contest. He didn't show too much prior to his most recent run at Sandown, where he very much caught my eye. He was a convincing maiden winner at Wolverhampton last autumn but couldn't confirm this promise subsequently, until three weeks ago. At Sandown he travelled really well in rear, but was in a very difficult position on the inside, where he didn't get a run from 3f out. He got badly hampered over 2f out, but stick to the task and finished strongly when he finally got a clear run. He ran on strongly to finish a close 2nd despite coming from off the pace in a slowly run race, and I assume he'd have won with a clear run that day. So it looks like as if he's improving now while maturing. He steps up in class quite dramatically today, and more is required obviously, and according to his pedigree it is a question mark if he stays the trip in a strongly run race, he also tackles slow ground for the first time, his sire was very successful on this kind of ground though, and I think despite question marks, he looks overpriced, simply on the fact that he can race of bottom weight and that he could be a couple of pounds higher in the mark if he'd have won lto.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread A rather disappointing display by Mundahesh, who pulled hard early and was never really in the race I felt. 18.20 Thirsk: Partner @ 10/1 Bet365 - 2pts win Partner looks not the old force this year and as a result he slipped a long way down the mark. He showed a clear return to form at Ayr recently though. He travelled quite well but got simply stuck in traffic, with no way to get out really. Over 1f out his jockey opted for a switch to the outside when finally bit of space opened up. Partner had to find his stride again but picked up eventually and finished well, but the bird was long flown at this point obviously. His mark dropped another 3lb for this effort and I think he's really dangerously handicapped now. If he's in the right mood and get a clear run he could be hard to beat in this race tomorrow, as well as he is 1/1 over course and distance which is a bonus regarding his chance.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 20.30 Kempton: Fiducia @ 10/1 Ladbrokes - 2pts win Looks a competitive little Handicap but Fiducia looks well overpriced, having the chance to race of a feather weight while looking well handicapped on her most recent start a couple of weeks ago. That day, over 7f here at Kempton, she had a wide draw to overcome and was also very unsettled in the first half of the race, pulling hard and making life tough for her jockey. She got into a nice rhythm from under 4f out then, though, and travelled pretty strongly approaching the home straight. She had loads to do however and had to come through the whole field from the rear. She really made eye-catching progress, just to get a bit tiered in the final furlong, most probably due to the energy she burnt in the early parts of the race. Yet this was a nice performance, and she looks a progressive filly. She is still generally lightly raced and entitled to improvement, even more so stepping up in trip tomorrow, for the first time to 1m. On pedigree this should be very much in her favour. As she showed nice form in her last races, really took on the All-Weather, is completely unexposed over the new trip, while open to improvement on pedigree for the distance as well as being able to race from bottom weight, I feel she has a massive chance to be successful in this race.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread All three selections this month really disappointing. Fiducia wasn't advantaged by a slowly run race sitting well off the pace, but still, I would have expected much more. This is racing I suppose, but these things, when I really fancy one, and it does absolutely nothing then, is always tough to take. 15.30 Musselburgh: Rasaman @ 12/1 bet365 - 2pts win Rasaman looks a huge price considering that he appears to be in his third spring or so. He won well at Ayr a couple of weeks ago over tomorrows 7f trip, and he followed up with another hugely impressive performance at Hamilton, then off his new mark, when he was just narrowly beaten on the line, while not getting the run of the race, much in contrast to the eventual winner. He was last seen at York then a fortnight ago, in a big sprint Handicap and there he had just a tough time, getting hampered and short of room from 3f out, while running on nicely under a light hands and heels ride once in the clear over 1f out, suggesting he's as good as ever. He's back over 7f tomorrow, as well as at Musselburgh, a track he loves, having three course wins to his name. This looks a wide open race, with plenty of chances, and I think Rasaman is not as much an outsider as the price suggest actually. In fact I'm sure he'll run a big race, as he is in excellent form, he is consistent as well, and that could be enough to see him winning this in the end.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 15.10 Redcar: Jo'burg @ 15/2 Bet365 - 2pts win Jo'burg impressed me with his attitude last time out at York, in a better race than this here today, suggesting the sparkle is still there. He missed the break and was trailing the field for a long way that day, turning for home he was in a bad position, travelling well enough though, on the inside rail. He got stuck in traffic there however, and found it impossible to find a gap. Just over 1f out there was finally some space opening up and Jo'burg was brave to take this chance to slip through and once in the clear he finished really strongly. That run suggested he is weighted to win a race in my mind, and as he drops in class today, while being back at Redcar, where he usually performs very well, should see him in bit a big shout today. 16.55 Redcar: Escape To Glory @ 7/1 Bet365 - 2pts win Escape To Glory is a frustrating sort but after his most recent run here at Redcar he gives me the impression to be ready to finally strike again. He travelled in rear and was off the bridle halfway through the race but appeared to travel strongly from over 2f out again, he looked in with a big shout, his jockey must have had loads of horse beneath, just the gap wasn't opening for him and he had to sit and suffer, and was eventually eased down. His mark dropped another pound since this run, he's now 5lb below his last winning mark and that should give him every chance to go really close today.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Not getting anything right this month so far, the two selections mentioned above didn't even go close... 17.10 Ffos Las: Candyman Can @ 8/1 Bet365 - 2pts win A horrible race but Candyman Can makes loads of appeal to me as he really caught my eye on his most recent start, even if that was a while ago. He was last seen in January at Lingfield, when he made his Handicap debut. He travelled nicely actually, but got then in trouble over 4f out, when slightly hampered and as a result he lost position which left him suddenly with loads to do, while still travelling strongly though turning for home. He really finished then super strongly on the outside coming from well of the pace and came really close to the winner. Beaten by half a lengths only in the end, he would have probably been the winner with a clear run. His absence since then is is a worry of course, but in this really poor race I think he's really interesting on turf debut and only his fifth start overall. He's the least exposed horse and could be a good deal better than his current mark, so therefore I feel it's worth a chance at a price I think is slightly too big.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Canyman Can beaten a neck as a 14/1 chance on SP... 15.25 Ffos Las: Choral Festival @ 14/1 Bet365 - 1pt win Choral Festival is in excellent form and ran a huge race at Sandown recently, when she finished 3rd but probably can considered to be a rather unlucky loser. Not sure if she would have won, maybe not as the winner looked very progressive, but she travelled like a dream, was on the bridle until almost 1f out but also couldn't get a run through until the final furlong marker. She finished well enough, but probably didn't have the speed to cope with the winner and second, so the step up to 12f, a distance she won over only a couple of weeks ago, will certainly suit. She encounters a couple of young and unexposed rivals, even though this lot is far from exciting, so I feel she can win of a her current mark.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 16.20 Pontefract: Gabrial's Kaka @ 5/1 bet365 - 3pts win Gabrial's Kaka showed a clear return to form at Haydock recently and looks really dangerous here being allowed to race of the same mark again as I would think he would have gone very close with a clear run. He travelled very well but got simply stuck in traffic the whole home straight along, until he got finally out very late out to finish well only ¾ lengths beaten in the end. He's still generally lightly raced and looked quite talented as a 2yo but lost somehow his form and didn't show much this year until his most recent run. As he has done well on tracks like Epsom and Chester I would assume Pontefract is a track he'll really like, he shouldn't be too far off the pace given his preferred running style as well as it is only a small field anyway, which is usually important here I feel. This is here a cracking little contest, but I think Gabrial's Kaka has a better chance to win than the price suggest.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread

16.20 Pontefract: Gabrial's Kaka @ 5/1 bet365 - 3pts win Gabrial's Kaka showed a clear return to form at Haydock recently and looks really dangerous here being allowed to race of the same mark again as I would think he would have gone very close with a clear run. He travelled very well but got simply stuck in traffic the whole home straight along, until he got finally out very late out to finish well only ¾ lengths beaten in the end. He's still generally lightly raced and looked quite talented as a 2yo but lost somehow his form and didn't show much this year until his most recent run. As he has done well on tracks like Epsom and Chester I would assume Pontefract is a track he'll really like, he shouldn't be too far off the pace given his preferred running style as well as it is only a small field anyway, which is usually important here I feel. This is here a cracking little contest, but I think Gabrial's Kaka has a better chance to win than the price suggest.
Nice winner at 7/1 SP! Done it really well and ran out a comfortable win, despite a worrying drift in the betting before the off. August has been a disaster so far but finally some confidence was justified and I think we're in the profit for this month again. That's the beauty of racing. One winner can change all!

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 18.50 Wolverhampton: Gregori @ 15/2 Bet365 - 2pts win Huge price in my mind for the on paper most talented horse in a poor low grade Handicap. Gregori didn't show too much in three maiden starts and one can say he was pretty disappointing on Handicap debut as well. But I think there is a bit more in this as Gregori travelled like a dream for a very long time at Chepstow last time out, setting a good pace in soft conditions, having all his rivals pretty early off the bridle. He certainly travelled like the winner until 2f out but the combination of fast pace and soft conditions found him out in the end probably as he faded soon badly, however didn't get a too hard race either. Gregori is actually quite nicely bred, by Invincible Spirit and out of a Listed race winner. If he takes on to the All-Weather, and I think he has surly every chance to do so, he'll have a big chance to win this race, particularly from his good draw, which should ensure that he has a good and prominent position early on.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Gregori didn't run a bad race, finished a decent 5th but wasn't quite good enough on the day to win it. 17.05 Newmarket: Car O'mountain @ 9/1 Bet365 - 2pts win Car O'mountain is still lightly raced and looked talented last year when winning twice in three starts. He made his seasonal reappearance in June at Newmarket in a hot Handicap. Winner Maputo went on to win impressively a couple of other races, including a Group 3, the overall form works out well for this race anyway. Car O'mountain stepped up to 12f then the following month, and I thought that particular performance was really eye-catching. He had the widest draw in this race and made up loads of ground soon after the start when racing widest of all to share the lead from 11f out. He was racing throughout the race really wide wide and apart from the main body of the field, while setting a good pace together with Mark Johnston's Blue Way. He took over the lead from 3f out and kicked away, put a couple of lengths between him and his rivals but tired badly in the closing stages, probably as a result of the energy he must have burned in the early stages of the race. Yet he finished 3rd, a good deal clear of the rest, while the horse he shared the lead with for a long time finished 20 lengths beaten in the end. So I think considering the circumstances this was a massive performance by Car O'mountain. The form of this race looks more than solid, with the runners-up being successful at Glorious Goodwood. Car O'mountain drops in trip again, which should be a positive thing as he looked like not quite staying the 12f trip. I think he has still room for improvement, he changed the yard recently as well, so I feel he can run a big race here tomorrow.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Very disappointing performance by Car O'mountain. Was early under pressure and faded badly. Was a strange race though. 14.25 Ripon: Gioia Di Vita @ 11/2 - 3pts Bet365 Gioia Di Vita made a big impression on me recently. This 3yo colt travelled like a dream at Newcastle ten days ago, still on the bridle even approaching the 1f marker. However he didn't get any run whatsoever and was eventually eased down. Of course he's much better than the bare result suggests and this was a conformation of his fine, consistent form actually as he was just beaten at the line in his penultimate start. Gioia Di Vita is still generally lightly raced and open to further improvement, and while this looks an open little handicap, I only really fear Lyric Piece of her a low mark. Otherwise I can't really see what makes Gioia Di Vita an 11/2 shot in this race, so I hope he can get a clear run and then should be very much in the mix here.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Gioia Di Vita didn't have a chance. Unfortunately I haven't really the time at the moment to put in the work required to keep up with the pace, which is down to my new and pretty demanding job. Can't watch the races, which is obviously essential for my betting. So therefore it will be rather quiet in this thread for a while I suppose. Still I have one running for today at least... 14.55 Chester: Ayaar @ 11/1 Bet365 - 2pts win A clear return to form from Ayaar here at Chester a fortnight ago. He looked a bit awkward at the beginning of the race, had to be pushed forward right after jumping off the gates just to pull very hard seconds later. He travelled then very well in the middle of the pack for the reminders of the race, in fact he was going much the strongest 3f out. But while the eventual winner and runners-up had the run of the race from the front, Ayaar was locked on the inside and had to delay his challenge. Turning for home he switched to the outside, turning widest of all, which cost vital momentum. Finally balanced and straighten up he flew home the final 300m or so but the two leaders weren't to catch. This was a very nice performance nonetheless. A clear return to form after a rather disappointing year so far. He looked so promising as a 2yo last season, when he won a Group 3 in Germany, beating this years German Oaks win Penelopa in second. Ayaar is down to a good mark now I feel anyway, and I find it interesting to see him running against older horses for the first time again. This is the time of the year when 3yo can have a real advantage in open contests and the weight for age allowance can make a huge difference for Ayaar. He has a decent draw as well, so he should be able to get a good position early on, and then he must have every chance to be in the mix. He's overpriced in my mind, no doubt.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 17.20 Kempton: The Tichborne @ 11/1 Coral - 2pts win The Tichborne looks a very price considering his excellent recent form but in particular his excellent recent run here at Kempton. Over 6f, which might be a bit too short actually - I feel 7f is probably his best trip - he travelled nicely on the inside rail, which was kind of fatal, though, as he was locked there once turning for home, and had to wait until a gap opened, which happened just under 2f out, when he angled out. Once in the clear and straighten up again, he really powered home and almost caught the leading trio, while he was the only one really staying on from behind as three of the first four have been running prominently. I rate this a very big performance and he clearly thrives on the All-Weather. The fact that he won once off a mark of 83 on the AW suggests that he a mark of 78 is certainly not beyond him and this last performance backs this in my mind.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 17.30 Kempton: Outbid @ 18/1 Bet365 - 2pts win On pure form this horse looks to have no chance but I thought her penultimate run at Wolverhampton was way better than the bare form of that race suggest. She had the widest draw to overcome, what is alway a negative there, yet she travelled very much the best turning for home, got then, however, badly hampered and had no chance to finish the race. Her best forms all came on the All-Weather, so it was nor surprise to see her beaten at Chepstow lto, even though she travelled nicely for a long time there as well, but didn't find much in the closing stages or simply didn't stay the extra furlong, and was eventually eased down. She won a maiden at Lingfield in good style at the beginning of the year, though, and finished a strong third less than a lengths beaten at Southwell later, so she has a bit of ability and with her AW mark slipping down a couple of pounds she might be able to take advantage of that tomorrow.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 14.30 Wolverhampton: Olivers Mount @ 16/1 Bet365 - 1pt win Olivers Mount produced a way better performance than the bare result would suggest last time out at Kempton and on that evidence he's certainly overpriced in my mind. He missed slightly the break, travelled then well enough in rear, while the pace of the race was pretty slow though and in fact the first five home, bar one exception, were all positioned close to the pace. Olivers Mount turned home well off the pace though, had to switch wide then in order to get a clear run and motored home in good style once straighten up. He was only one of very few horses from off the pace who have been able to make some kind of impression in the closing stages. He might get further than 1m according to his pedigree, so the extended mile at Wolverhampton tomorrow should be in his favour I suppose. He's also still lightly raced, down to a super low mark and has the assistance of a 5lb claimer. I think he can go well tomorrow for a big price.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Thanks Jimmy! Wasn't really as active as I would have liked in recent weeks due do other commitments, meant I couldn't watch race replays for a while, therefore the whole thread and performance suffered a bit but have had a bit of time lately and put in a serious shift this weekend in particular to clear the backlog and I'm pretty happy with the work done, so here is hoping for a golden autumn!

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread No probs fella, sometimes it can be worth sticking with a horse that's run a great 2nd or 3rd or even 4th, you can get some great value at times when they show up again, one you tipped up a while back i remember was My Son Max, i think at times we were both reading from the same page lol. Was kicking myself on Friday night, was waiting on a Botti trained horse called Duchess of Seville, clocked it was running on Friday night but i got held up and missed the race, bolts in at 4/1 ''nothing worse when that happens Grrrrrr'' http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/13-09-2013/wolverhampton/result/582862/32red-casino-maiden-stakes Got a nice Chestnut running on 5th Oct at Redcar, well if they get in ok, will send it to you via PM ok near the time, been waiting on it for a while now. Stay cool and will look forward to some of your eye catchers in the autumn.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 18.15 Kempton: Mawzoona @ 18/1 VC - 2pts win Compared to many others in this field Mawzoona looks fairly exposed, but only at the first glance. In fact this is her first start over 10f tomorrow and all her other forms came over shorter. There is enough in her pedigree to suggest that the trip could suit and that she might able to improve a good bit. Interesting enough that this gets backed by her performances at the racetrack. She really caught my eye on her most recent run, here at Kempton over 7f, a trip way too sharp for her. Mawzoona is a one-paced filly, with not much speed and that was obvious in this race when she travelled well enough but was simply killed for speed when the race really unfolded after turning for home. She got badly outpaced, lost ground but interestingly stayed on well to finish 3rd in the end. This was the first good performance in Handicap company for her, after she got allocated a pretty stiff mark in first hand as a result of a gutsy performance in her third maiden start, when she attempted to make all, got under pressure around 2f out, was eventually headed and overtaken, but came back with a strong challenge in the dying stages of the race to finish 2nd only a shoulder beaten. This was over 1m and the performance was a strong hint that even that kind of trip is too short and that she needs further. So all in all, down to a mark of 62, with likely improvement over the new trip, she must have a better chance of winning than the price suggest.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Really disappointing as it was clear pretty early on that Mawzoona won't be able to win. It was frustrating to see how Charles Bishop wasted the excellent draw, holding back the horse soon after the start, which was pulling hard for the first two furlongs as a result then, instead of using the draw to get a good prominent position with a horse whose best performance came from the front. But from the back of the field in a slow run race over 10f at Kempton, where the run-in is extra short - no chance whatsoever. Mawzoona was turning for home trailing and travelled really well actually, but couldn't make much of an impression from her hopeless position. Not saying she would have won if ridden differently as the eventual winner is probably a more talented horse, but still she would have had a chance to try to win the race at least, instead of being doomed from the beginning on of the race.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread 17.20 Yarmouth: Baddilini @ 11/2 Bet365 - 3pts win Baddilini showed a clear return to form at the same track only two days ago, when staying on strongly over 5f. He appeared to be pretty early on outpaced, and lost ground over 3f out, stayed on strongly in the closing stages though to almost catch the eventual winner. The step up in trip to 6f tomorrow will certainly suit as Baddilini best performances came over this distance anyway. Until Tuesday he didn't show much this year, even though he ran in better races and off higher marks, after a successful year 2012, which saw him winning a class 2 Handicap and running a blinder in a listed race. He's been once rated 93 and is now able to race of 82, a career lowest mark. As stated he looked very dangerous of the same mark only two days ago on same ground conditions as expected tomorrow, and therefore with the 6f trip better to suit, in an open race, Baddilini looks overpriced.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Good run by Baddilini, not quite good enough to win, though. 2nd place... 14.20 Ayr: The Nifty Fox @ 18/1 Bet365 - 1pt win The Nifty Fox doesn't appear to be too well handicapped, yet I feel he has conditions very much in favour tomorrow as well as he showed some fine performances recently. His most recent run at Hamilton in a hot sprint handicap really caught my eye as he was travelling very much the best of all, appearing to be on the bridle until 1f out. He didn't quite come home and finished 5th in the end but I do feel this was a big performance. The drop in trip back to 5f will really suit and The Nifty Fox absolutely loves cut in the ground, not to forget he's one from one over course and distance! He is drawn in 13 which should give Philli Makin every chance to go wherever he feels it is the best place to go, if the field splits into different groups. Of course this is a very strong race here tomorrow, hugely competitive and The Nifty Fox doesn't get any younger, but 18/1 looks pretty big and I expect him to run well.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread No chance for The Nifty Fox... it's really time to find a winner again. Been a while... 16.05 Newbury: Master Carpenter @ 5/1 William Hill *BOG* - 3pts win Master Carpenter is the highest rated horse in this field and on form the strongest contender anyway. He comes in this race after a very strong performance at Doncaster in a hot class 2 Handicap. He travelled really well that day, but got a bit stuck in traffic in a key moment of the race, when the horses in front had the chance to kick on while he had to delay his challenge. Once in the clear he took a while to hit top gear as he doesn't really look to have a decisive turn of foot, not over 7f at least, but it isn't easy for a young horse to demonstrate a sudden acceleration when it's stuck behind other horses and suddenly a gap opens. He finished the race super strongly then tough, to finish in 2nd place. I suspect he gets further and would be suited by a step up in trip to 1m but for now seven furlongs should be fine, particularly on soft ground. His sire Mastercraftsman absolutely relished these kind of conditions and as acceleration isn't really that easy on slow going this should play into Master Carpenter's hands and running style who will stay all the way to the line once he is in full swing.

Re: robertob's eye-catcher thread Master Carpenter didn't run too badly, finished 3rd, but had no chance with the winner. So after all disappointing, as well as I missed out on a big winner with Latenightrequest in the Ayr opener which I had on my list - but wasn't brave enough to make a selection today as the simple reason of the jockey booking put me off, which looks quite stupid in the aftermath. Well, one would say: That's racing 18.10 Catterick: Viva Ronaldo @ 6/1 Coral - 2pts win Utterly disappointing year for Viva Ronaldo so far and as a result of that he slipped down in the mark, down to 60 now, while winning of 84 last year. There was a hint of form to see in his mist recent run at Musselburgh. He was pretty badly outpaced in rear, got then stuck in traffic in the home straight, switched widest over 1f out and stayed on well there. I feel he is very well handicapped now and judged on this run he should win a race any time soon again. Catterick is a difficult track but maybe it's this kind of test he might relish. It's a really poor race and the assistance of a 7lb claimer makes him super well weighted here. He would probably prefer a bit cut in the ground, but good ground is fine nonetheless and as Richard Fahey is in excellent form so I hope Viva Ronaldo can finally win a race again.