BBOTD Thursday 31st May

Sandown 855 - Diverting 12/1 Bet365 BOG I am very surprised to see this one priced up so big! This horse ticks all the boxes, C&D winner, loves the quicker ground, hold up style will suit the track, clocked some quick Topspeed times with solid form as well (including at the track). I think its probably best to ignore her last run as not only was it her first run back but the ground was against her up in class. Back down in this grade she might just take some beating.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 8.25 Sandown Irish History 1pt win @ 15/2 BetVictor This horse made a very impressive debut a couple of weeks ago at Windsor. He won by 6 lengths but the jockey hardly had to touch him for him to forge clear. The time of the race was good and I would imagine he is capable of much more. He is well bred and cost a fortune but I feel the Godolphin yard are starting to hit form now so I would expect a big run from him. Barzalona takes the ride and he will be full of confidence after his hat-trick the other day.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 2015 Newcastle - Rainbow Gold - 5/4 - Paddy Power Had a few lined up today and they all seem as if they'll be going off alot shorter than fcast. This one, I believe should be odds on. Lovely looking horse by Selkirk, but unlike his Dad showed a liking for fast ground last Saturday at Haydock. Saw plenty of daylight and was just pipped on the line. Due to go up 8lbs I believe... F Norton has 15% SR for the stable and shows a good profit. Good Luck to all.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 14.30 Brighton: Dubai Glory @ 9/2 Bet365 Small field, but every runner could win this race, so it's a pretty interesting one. Normally too competitive to have a bet in it for me, but I feel Dubai Glory is overpriced. She made her seasonal reappearance two weeks ago at Lingfield, was a long way beaten there but It's easy enough to overlook that form as she's never been overly successful on the All-Weather and she probably lacked fitness. She should be much better tomorrow, and the fact that she's down to a very handy mark, makes her an interesting candidate in this field. She won last August at Salisbury in pretty impressive style a decent class 4 Handicap of a mark off 74 and she looked a couple of pounds better than that mark that day. So down in class and down to a mark off 75 now it's not difficult to assume that she could be easily very competitive. Even more as three from her four wins came on fast ground, the fourth one on good ground. So she'll relish the conditions at Brighton pretty much and finds allot in her favour anyway. An additional bonus is the jockey booking of Ian Mongan.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 20.25 Sandown: Eastern Sun, 8/1 Bet365, 1pt win Eastern Sun has been off the track since he finished third in the Craven. That was run on good/soft and today's good/firm should suit him a lot more, he won his maiden well on similiar ground. Both John Gosden and William Buick are in decent form and they have a good partnership together. They both have good records at Sandown as well.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 14:40 Ayr - Springinmystep - 1pt win @ 6/1 (bet365 BOG) Ran a good race on its first appearance of the season to finish 2 1/4 lengths behind Es Que Love over this distance. Es Que Love has gone on to score again since in class 2 company and was only beaten on its latest outing as it was hiked up 13lbs for those two wins. This makes Springinmysteps performance look pretty good on paper, albeit the horse weakened Inside the final furlong. Hopefully Springinmystep will come on for that run and deliver a big performance today. Only win so far also came on good/firm ground and so should bode well. Best of luck all.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 4:10 Brighton - Ibtahaj - Back Has a monster chance here. Ran a really top quality race lto when 2nd to 4/9 favourite Mukhadram in a Newmarket maiden. That favourite had every right to win easily based on form and the fact he was heavily supported in the market. It was very pleasing though that Ibtahaj ran such a good race and has clearly improved since his first 2 career runs. Based on that form, he is standout in this company and I take him to break the maiden tag here 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 8.55 Sandown - 1pt win Directorship @ 10/1 (Bet365) Playing my hand in one of the most competitive races of the day but that means there could be some value to be had and although Patrick Chamings' runner will have to improve again to take this off higher than his previous winning marks, there was plenty to like on his seasonal reappearance after he thrived last year. He won twice in the summer off marks of 84 and 86 (the latter decisively) which gives hope that a mark of 90 may not be too much to handle. Conditions suit ideally with him having a career record at Sandown of 71632275 which reduces to 13225 when taking out races on soft ground, over 1m2f and when returning from a break. Even the 5th last year saw him go down by 1l so he does enjoy it round here on a good surface. His efforts since his decisive 2l win over 7f at Newbury have been promising, and a bit better than the formbook suggests I think. He was a staying on 9th of 29 over 7 at Ascot next time out when isolated a little bit up the middle of the track and was doing his best work late on. Shaped as if he definitely wants a mile ideally and was drawn on the wrong side at Newmarket on his final run of 2011. He was 3rd of 8 in his group with both those ahead of him running well since, and the race on the whole worked out well. I can forgive that, especially as he returned with a highly encouraging 5th at Kempton recently. He suffered from a bit of bad luck in running, both mid-race and up the straight but kept on really well under a ride which wasn't too hard on him. He went down by 1 1/2l in the end with today's pilot George Baker in the saddle. That effort off this mark suggested he could win races still and hopefully he'll have come on a bit for that too. The yard's horses are running okay and I'd be surprised if we didn't get a big run from this one with conditions to suit and hopefully his turn of foot can prove a potent weapon once more.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May *Misplaced Fortune - Newcastle 9:20* Won on soft ground last time out, but i think it prefers good ground, which it has tonight. It has the beating of Spinatrix going by it's last run, and Danielle Mooney is on board and takes off a handy 7 pounds. It is a C+D winner which is a help, and has won over the trip 4 times. Danielle Mooney is yet to have a winner in 34 attempts, but she did give this horse a good ride before, and fingers crossed it is win number 1 for her tonight. *1 Point WIN @ 11/2 Hills BOG*

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 5.15 Brighton THE NEW BLACK to win @ 14/1 bog (Paddy Power and many more) The New Black is a 3yo grey filly by Oratorio who won a selling stakes at Newbury over 7f on good ground last July (third career start) on her last start for Richard Hannon. 9th of 10 on her debut for Gay Kelleway last October over 7f on soft ground in her handicap debut off 65 she showed something more on her 3yo debut 17 days ago at Windsor over 1m (again off 65) when travelled very well for a long way and faded in the final furlong to finish 7th of 10. Dropped 2lb (63 today) with that useful comeback run under her belt, dropped to 7f, with first time visor on, back on sounder surface, well drawn in stall nr. 2 and in a very poor-looking race (she is the only winner on turf among these runners and the only winner over this distance) there is a lot on her favour and at current price it's surely worth a good bet.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 3:05 Brighton - La Confession Wide open handicap with only two runners having a win to their name. La Confession is not one of them, hence the reason for ew. The Dylan Thomas 3yo is bottom weight and is Rae Guest's only runner today. The sire's progeny perform well at the distance, with this crop of 3yo's having raced 29 times over 1m2f, winning twice and placing 8 times. Guest has placed 28% of the 71 horses that he's sent to the track in the past. bet365 - ew

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 4.00 Ffos Las Domino Dancer - won race last year and looks to have been laid out for another big run here. Ran over trip too far on ground too fast on reappearance and back on fast ground now and Daryl Jacob booked. 4/1 Lads, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 400 Ffos Las: Xenophon 1pt (11/1 WH/Bfred) Last throw of the dice this month and Xenophon did well as a juvenile last season but hasn't found his level in handicaps as yet, but now is 9lbs lower in the weights and is starting to look competitive. Ran ok when third to Luggers Hall at Kempton last time out and the stable are going well enough to give me hope they can go close with this one at a good price.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 2:40 Ayr - Cockney Fire - 0.5 pts EW (28/1, BetVictor) Looks to be a big outsider in this race but could have the form to upset a few here. Although never won over 6 furlongs, this horse won it's 2 maidens over 5 furlongs well and was put straight into listed company, racing in 3 listed races and although never made much of an impact, is now back down to a class 4 race and racing off a mark of 77. Won it's maidens on good to firm ground which it should get today, so it's reappearance race on heavy going off a break of 188 days was never going to suit. Hopefully we could see a better showing from Cockney Fire today with Cathy Gannon back on board for an in form yard.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May Sandown 7.20 - Opinion Poll 1pts win 13/8 William Hill Opinion Poll sets the standard here and you know he will be ready for this after his runs in Meydan in March. He has form at a very high level and if he's on his A game here I can't see him getting beat.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May PU last time out but if the 9yr old gelding can bounce back tonight i have him down as having a chance. He was 2nd at Kelso back on April 2nd but did make a few mistakes towards the end of his race, this is a poor looking race and it would be no surprise to see him take home some price money. Sole runner for trainer Mrs Sunter & sole ride for jockey P.Hatton. 9:10pm Wetherby - Braddock Island. 1pt Win Bet @ 40/1 Hills ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 2055 sandown 1pt win directorship 7/1 bet365 course and distance winner, and has ground just about right,can improve on seasonal run last time out.george baker takes the ride and has a 10% strike rate when teaming up with trainer chamings

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 8.25 Sandown - Cogito - EW 11/1 PP Its no secret that Brian Meehan rarely if ever has a first time out winner (I've racked my brain trying to think of one. Even his better horses like Delegator, Crowded House, Red Rocks etc were beaten first time up). So when Cogito won most people took note - possibly the stable themselves as he returned at 14/1 so was clearly expected to improve for the run. That was a decent Newmarket maiden and several in behind look like smart types and winning since - Nine Realms, Poole Harbour, Flaxen Flare, etc. Top Offer is clearly well regarded and could be anything but he's coming off a poor effort in the 1,000 Guineas and is very short given that he was nearly last home. Interesting that Frankie is booked to ride Cogito rather than the Godolphin entry - after all the fuss about him this week it would be fitting to see him win for Meehan.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May

5.15 Brighton THE NEW BLACK to win @ 14/1 bog (Paddy Power and many more) The New Black is a 3yo grey filly by Oratorio who won a selling stakes at Newbury over 7f on good ground last July (third career start) on her last start for Richard Hannon. 9th of 10 on her debut for Gay Kelleway last October over 7f on soft ground in her handicap debut off 65 she showed something more on her 3yo debut 17 days ago at Windsor over 1m (again off 65) when travelled very well for a long way and faded in the final furlong to finish 7th of 10. Dropped 2lb (63 today) with that useful comeback run under her belt, dropped to 7f, with first time visor on, back on sounder surface, well drawn in stall nr. 2 and in a very poor-looking race (she is the only winner on turf among these runners and the only winner over this distance) there is a lot on her favour and at current price it's surely worth a good bet.
Sensational tipping

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May Tinseltown 7/2 Bet365 910 Wetherby AP McCoy has been in sparkling form of late, and has only went home winless once in the last week and more. He waits from the 7pm to the 910 for this one for B Rothwell, a trainer he wouldnt be associated with. This is usually for one reason, they need AP to break a frustrating maiden tag. This one has a list of placed afforts to his name including a good second to a progressive horse at Sedgefield last time out. Has been backed from an early 7/1 and the favorite is an aptly named Overpriced.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May 7.10 - Newcastle - Polish World e/w @ 16/1 >Bet365 A few of these have a chance but Polish World looks a good bet. Down to his last winning mark, Paul Midgely's only runner here at Newcastle tonight has a reasonable chance of taking this. I think it's best to ignore the first 3 runs this season and this evening sees a return to his most suitable conditions.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 31st May Nice winner Edberg :ok N7.10 Vito Volterra 1pt Win 10/1 Ladbrokes This one is a bit of a trend horse in that it often runs a good race after its seasonal debut run so hopefully that will be the case again today. It's one of only 2 c&d winners in the field and it's now running off a mark below its last winning one. The trainer has the unusual (but excellent) record of 5 firsts and 5 thirds from only 20 flat runners this season so hopefully he'll have the horse ready to do itself justice tonight.