Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April *No Time To Cry - Redcar 5:15* Looks the perfect handicap debut winner waiting to happen. 3 runs down the field last year, no sign of any ability, a good long break and on handicap debut Paul Hanagan is booked for the job, and gets in off an extremely leniant mark of 58.. Ann Duffield is in form and Hanagan is 14 winners from 71 rides for her. The last time they paired up at Redcar they won also. Should be shorter than 7/1 in this field. *1 Point WIN @ 7/1 Bet365 BOG*

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April Kelso 330 – Soul Magic 5/1 1pt Win Bet365 BOG This is only a 5 runner chase but I think the first two in the market are plenty short enough which has created some value for my selection who I think has a bit in hand judged on the form of a couple of his previous wins and slightly more recent 2nd. He finished 5th back from his winter break LTO and should be spot on for this. He has won at the class & distance and while the favourite (The Thirsty Bricky) is on an upward curve, he is up 10lb and all his form has been on softer ground. The 2nd favourite (Kai Broon) is only making his second chase start and is certainly unexposed in this sphere but its hard to know how good he is judged on his debut in a 3 runner field. If that form is taken at face value then he should be well in here but at the prices I am happy to take him on.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April Redcar 5.15 - 1pt win RESET CITY @ 4/1 [betvictor]. Jamie Spencer's only booked ride of the meeting at a course where he has a 32% strike-rate [6/19] , has won on 14/48 [29%] of the stable's older horses and that yard [i Williams ] has a 50% record of wins / runs [3/6] This will be RESET CITY's turf debut for the yard and i think the step back in distance from 12/14f to 10f will suit him. Very lightly raced as a 6yo , this will be only his 8th career run , he made his debut for his new trainer 24 days ago on the AW where he was a creditable 3rd of 11.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 4.15 Redcar - Arry's Orse - 11/2 VC Dont think there's any value in this one currently but managed to get 10/1 earlier with Bet365. Think he could be a decent horse but just couldnt settle at all last season, tried over various trips and did show ability but was generally far too keen. Joined the Nicholls yard who are bang in form and im hoping they've done some work with him over the winter to solve this problem. Went well over similar conditions last year so dont think that will be a problem, if he settles i think he wins as he looks a well handicapped horse.

2.45 Redcar - Vanessa 1pt win sp Channon is 9/40 with 2yos here and 2/5 if returning from a break of up to 7 days. Made its debut 2 days ago at kempt when well beaten but I feel it should improve for that run Caitlin has a better s/r for stable 2yos that have had a run

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April Kelso 3.00 Bob N You 7/2 Paddypower BOG I am willing to take a chance on the selection.He has some excellent form over hurdles and has shown that he can jump.Pena Dorada got off the mark last time out,looked impressive but he has a lot further to go today.Bishops Heir is a worthy fav,the distance will not be a problem but I would have worries about the ground so therefore iwill stick with Bob N You to bounce back to form.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 4.15 redcar CARANBOLA 1PT WIN 14/1 BET365 doesnt look much between these on paper and fast shot and caranbola look closely rated ,caranbola has runwell in conditions in the past and has run well early season in the past so his 14/1 pricetag looks amazing value and is as good a bet as any in this tricky race

2.30 kelso - 1pt win civil unrest 7/1 hills This horse ran in novice company last time behind two smart horses - the runner up winning easily since. This one will relish the return back in a handicap having nearly landed a gamble on his debut with a mark. However, he was run down by a horse who has won twice and been 2nd since so was well treated that day. Trip here suits, he jumps well and the rider is useful. Big run on the cards. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 4.15 Redcar SOLAR SPIRIT - trainer quotes in RP this morning suggest many of his rivals need the run. This one is apparently very well and the booking of SDS for the Tracy Waggot team looks significant. Could be rejuvnated by this drop back in trip and has gone well fresh previously. 9/1 Bet 365, 0.5 pt EW

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 4.15 Redcar For a Monday this is a great looking handicap. There should be a fair pace on although there is not exactly a confirmed front runner. Klynch is usually ridden fairly aggressive but was held up at Southwell on seasonal reappearance and finished with some effect so be interesting to see how he is ridden today given his last win also comes from being held up. Should atleast strip fitter but from a handicapping point of view doesnt appear to have a lot in hand and probably would have prefered more cut in ground. Red Cape also comes from R Carr yard and is another that tends to be prominent but has been a tad disappointing since winning at Wolves in December in next 2 runs draw possible excuse last time out but no realy valid excuse time before in a claimer. Caranbola again tends to be prominent but of his 7 wins only 1 has come over 6f the rest have come over 5f at Beverley which would suggest stamina isnt an issue as they have also come on soft ground aswell, so although the 6f trip not a concern a flat track may not be his thing and record fresh poor. Another Citzien last won when making all at Ayr on soft ground but well held next 3 starts, dropped another 2lb and now only 3lb above last winning mark but fast ground doesnt look ideal and yard in rotten form. Solar Spirit is a small eye catcher on paper with De Sousa in the saddle and strangely dropped dramatically in trip having been raced over a mile and further mainly last year, has form over 6f but record fresh last 2 seasons not great probably opposable. Nicholls string appears well forward this year Hamoody looks second string on jockey bookings and likely to need the run given his record fresh and at present looks high enough in the weights. His other runner Arrys Orse is an interesting horse, he looked a promising sort when winning a maiden at Lingfield and was talked about as a horse that could be competitive at a much higher level but failed to build on that and become rapidly disappointing, that wasnt a great race his maiden win and no other horse out of the race has won since. Has since switched yards and if they can find the key to him he might be well treated but doesnt interest me from a betting point of view at present. Mr Optimistic could be dangerous off just a 1lb higher mark than last win, but went the wrong way in last 4 runs last year and has something to prove at present in a competitive race and came to the turf last year fit from AW season. Fast Shot should be competitive this season off this sort of mark and is well suited to flat/downhill tracks it would seem and but yard yet to have a winner since turn of year and majorly on the cold list and will need to be right upto his best to win this. Able Master has joined a stable enjoying another good spell at present and does well with other yards casts off but was well below his best on 3 starts last year and although 13lb lower than when winning at York in September 2009 but has since regressed and has to prove still retains ability. Toby Tyler is massively overpriced, hold up horse that can be a tricky ride at times but enjoyed a great season last year signing off with a win at Newcastle off a 4lb lower mark. Recent run at Southwell easily forgotten having looked badly in need of a run and should come on for the run. Would have preferred more cut in the ground but record at this track impressive with a win and a 2nd makes him of interest in a race which should be run to suit. Whozthecat is worth a risk, not as big price as I was hoping as has been well backed this morning which is interesting though given he landed a punt on seasonal reappearance back in 2010. He became frustrating last year often showing glimpses of a return to form but didnt build on them at times but has now dropped 9lb below last winning mark and may just get a soft lead in this race and is 1 from 1 around here although all wins have come over 5f does have form at 6f. 1pt win Whozthecat 4/1 bet365

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April A couple of 2yr old races at Redcar today In the 14.15 the two Easterby horses are the oldest in the field, Zero Rated appearing to be the first string and sired by Red Clubs, who with a 44% win ratio from his runners was one of last years leading sires of two years olds! I think respect has to be given to Bill turner's colt Caught Napping as he is known for getting them ready first time early in the season and with Jake Payne claiming 7lbs he's effectively bottom weight which i think could make a massive difference to two year olds! At the prices though i'm gonna side with Zero rated! 1pt win Zero Rated @ 10-1 >Betfred

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April

2.45 Redcar - Vanessa 1pt win sp Channon is 9/40 with 2yos here and 2/5 if returning from a break of up to 7 days. Made its debut 2 days ago at kempt when well beaten but I feel it should improve for that run Caitlin has a better s/r for stable 2yos that have had a run
Like the look of this one too Kev, nearly put it up as well! best of luck, lets hope it wins!

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 5.15 REDCAR RESET CITY @ 11/4 BOYLESPORT BOG Missed the boat with this one in terms of price but will go with it anyway. J Spencers only ride of the day for a stable who he is 35% for this year (50% with 4yo+), the trainer is also 3-6 at the track. He's had a blow out on the AW which should put him spot on for this. All his best form has been on good ground or faster, having only his 2nd run for the yard, looks todays most likely.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April A faller last time out over 4m but the 7yr old mare is given another chance today. Today connections drop her back down to 2m 6f and if she can stay on her feet she must have a decent chance, both ground and trip should be more up her street and she is showing a fair price. Its her first time at Kelso but she should run her race and be in the mix at the business end. Kelso 5:30 - OVERYOU. 1pt Win bet @ 7/2 Corals. Best of luck in your Day.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 230 Kelso: Avanos EW (11/1 BetVictor) Favourite looks solid enough is poor value and a chance is taken with Philip Kirby's Avanos. Won at Market Rasen on firm ground and as long as the forecast rain doesn't come too early he looks to be well handicapped here on his old form. Had a season off and made his comeback behind Bocamix which wasn't a bad run in ground he wouldn't have liked and the rest of the field look pretty exposed, worth a nibble at the price on a poor days racing.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April Kelso - 3.30 - Kai Broon - win at 6/4 Bet VC Looks to have a cracking chance here after a decent 2nd on chase debut over this CD Mark looks ok as he's won off 1 lb lower in a handicap hurdle and acts on the going. Yard in decent nick and they won this race last year Main market rival goes for a hatrick but isn't sure to handle the faster ground and is up 10 lbs

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 3:15 Redcar - Lady Loch - Back Midnight Tryst and Sunley Pride are both worthy Market rivals and should give the favourite a race, but Lady Loch's debut 3rd is the best single piece of form on offer in this and though she was slightly disappointing Lto, this is the easiest task she's faced to date. Big chance for her here 1pt win @ 11/10 Paddy Power BOG

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 3:45 Redcar - Shamardeliah Opting for this particular runner here as Fallon's strike rate is 5% higher on 3yo's than it is on 2yo's and 4yo+. It's also his only ride of the day. This will be James Tate's first ever turf runner, having previously raced 18 on AW before the turf campaign. Astonishingly, he's placed 11 of these, which is 61%. Two have been winners, one of which has been navigated by Fallon - from his four rides. Shamardeliah is also a beaten fav, although breeding stats favour the step up in trip that she's being given today. 9/2 Betvictor (BOG) - win

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April MR OPTIMISTIC (16:15) has a 199 day absence to overcome but has won after an absence before and can make an impact dropped back to class 4 company. He’s not badly handicapped by any stretch of the imagination, his last win coming at around this time of the year off a mark of 80. He races off 81 today but I do think there’s cause to think that he can run to around a rating of 90, especially as that victory came in a race which didn’t go right for him at all, being trapped for room for a fair while. Subsequent efforts haven’t looked up to much in the formbook, but he’s been pitched in some tough class 2 races (not disgraced in either) and was well-backed when last seen back in September. I think the softer ground and the 5f caught him out but connections obviously thought then that he could still win races off a mark in the 80’s, and Richard Fahey isn’t often that wide of the mark. Although a class 4, it’s a competitive race but I think Mr Optimistic should run a big race today. The fast ground is in his favour, Lee Topliss taking off 3lbs is a bonus and the duo get along well. 6f is probably his ideal trip and he should be still capable of winning races off effectively a rating of 78. Although fitness has to be taken on trust, Richard Fahey has his string in fair order, so you can likely give the benefit of the doubt in his favour. 7/1 is a fair price and worthy of small/medium sized stakes, unfortunately the 17/2 was about briefly didn’t last long! (It was likely a Tipping Line). 16:15 Redcar – Mr Optimistic; 1pts @ 7/1 Betfred, Ladbrokes, (bog)

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 5.30 Kelso More Equity came to hand around this time last year and is only slightly higher than her last winning mark. Does most of here running here and with the conditions spot on now she looks to have a great chance today. Trainer in fime form and I'm just annoyed that I didn't post last night when she was twice the price. Oh well, stlll decent value as I think she will be very hard to beat running against some in and out performers( not that she is the most reliable mind you) 1 Pt win 3/1 Betvictor

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 4.15 Redcar Klynch 1pt win @ 20/1 Betvictor Although he has never won off a mark this high on turf, I fancy Kylnch to run a good race here. He was one of many horses that thrived last year once the stable hit form and won 4 times off lower marks. Towards the end of the season, he was contesting much better races than this and did go close on occasions. His 4th by just over a length to Edinburgh Knight looks like a very good piece of form and anything like a return to that would see him go close here. The stable are not in the best of form at the moment but they haven't had any well fancied runners in recent weeks. He made an encouraging return to action at Southwell and he should strip much fitter here. Ground should not be a problem and if he gets out on terms, then he could go close.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April

A couple of 2yr old races at Redcar today In the 14.15 the two Easterby horses are the oldest in the field, Zero Rated appearing to be the first string and sired by Red Clubs, who with a 44% win ratio from his runners was one of last years leading sires of two years olds! I think respect has to be given to Bill turner's colt Caught Napping as he is known for getting them ready first time early in the season and with Jake Payne claiming 7lbs he's effectively bottom weight which i think could make a massive difference to two year olds! At the prices though i'm gonna side with Zero rated! 1pt win Zero Rated @ 10-1 >Betfred
The same logic, but favouring the other. 1pt win, Caught Napping, 5/1 Skybet.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 4:15 Solar Spirit @ Redcar - Has won at the distance before and ran well here last April only beaten a neck by Doctor Parkes.In that same race it finished in front of Karaka Jack who won yesterday at Doncaster.Good jockey booking in Silvestre De Sousa and trainer Tracy Waggott has a great record here at Redcar. 0.5 pt E/W @ 11/1 Bet Victor

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 1545 redcar 0.5 ew nameitwhatulike 7/1 bet365 won a york seller last june on good ground at 6 furlongs, has been placed twice in distances up to 7 furlongs and todays step up to a mile could help ,as with many it is 1st run of the season and if it ready we can expect a good run,down side maybe that the young jockey davis simmonson has only had 1 winner in 96 rides,and placed 12 times, so i will go each way, and have a bet on the place market

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April 2:45 Redcar - Vanessa - 1pt win @ 7/2 Bet365 Well an truly missed the price for this purpose having taken 5/1 not half an hour ago :eyes Anyway, Vanessa is the oldest of the runners in this field, which can be a big advantage in early season 2yo races, and also has previous experience which is an even bigger advantage. Finished 1 place but a few lengths behind Cherryred Girl on Saturday, but can be excused that having been drawn wide and forced even wider. With that experience under her belt, she can improve on that and take this minor Seller this afternoon

Re: Best Bet of The Day Monday 2nd of April Had a bad start yesterday, mentioned 4 horses with one winning, two placing and of course the one I picked for this competition lost. Was looking at Fast shot in the 4.15 at redcar, has a good record from last year and only one run this year so far but today instead I will go for: NAMEITWHATYOULIKE 3.45 Redcar 0.5 PT E/W

Available earlier at around 11/1 but current best price 15/2 with BetVictor (BOG). Campaigned last year at a much higher level than today’s race, 1 run so far this year, apprentice takes off 7lb, can find a place .