maximize.gif Bologna v Parma (11:30 GMT) 2.58 3.2 3.1 102.27 %
maximize.gif Cagliari v Fiorentina (14:00 GMT) 2.44 3.25 3.45 100.74 %
maximize.gif Lecce v Chievo (14:00 GMT) 2.56 3.25 3.05 102.62 %
maximize.gif Novara v AC Milan (14:00 GMT) 8.8 4.5 1.45 102.55 %
maximize.gif Palermo v Genoa (14:00 GMT) 2.15 3.35 3.8 102.68 %
maximize.gif Siena v Napoli (14:00 GMT) 3.8 3.4 2.16 102.02 %
maximize.gif Udinese v Catania (14:00 GMT) 1.72 3.75 6.2 100.94 %
maximize.gif Internazionale v Lazio (19:45 GMT) 1.72 3.75 6 101.47 %

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Sunday evening is far, but Lazio will have more problems with absences, probably. Muntari is on AFC and Stankovic is injured for Inter, on the other hand the Romans have a lot of players on the injured list, we will see who will be ready for that meeting.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January

Lazio looks really overpriced at first sight. Sure Inter is in good form but Lazio is one of the best teams away so far and would be able to cause them some trouble. Anyone knows about missing players in both teams?
Lazio at 6.0 :loon Worth investigating, I think. From memory, they are missing some key players though I think.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January I think that Lecce will finally deliver a good game at home. They have to bite at home if they plan to stay in this level next year. Muriel and Di Michele are just fantastic at the moment, only thing that concerns me is Giacomazzi's absence due to yellow cards. On the other hand, Chievo is one of the worst travelers. I admit that they are a team with a good cohesion but they are a bit short of quality IMO. Lecce AH(0) @1,84

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Atalanta are missing a couple of key defenders for this match in Luccini and Massiellio, and both Capelli and Bellini who would have been first choices to cover are also out, so it looks like the home side might have to go with Raimondi at RB and Ferri in the middle of defence, neither of whom have played much this season. They will also miss their all action midfielder Carmona through suspension. I think these loses will add up for Atalanta and this tallied with the fact that Atalanta have only won 1 of the last 7 games, makes backing Juve a interesting prospect. They are still 1.91 in most places to win and them to score at least a couple of goals could be an option as well, despite the fact that they have been wasteful in front of goal of late.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Atalanta vs Juventus Atalanta is not playing great anymore this year and this game is particulary difficult as Juventus suffered in their game play in the last matches. Besides, Atalanta will have 2 important absent players as Lucchini and Carmona are suspended. Capelli and Brighi are injured. Juventus comes in this match decided to take 3 points and I think they can get them! away @ 1.91 with >888sport

Atalanta are missing a couple of key defenders for this match in Luccini and Massiellio, and both Capelli and Bellini who would have been first choices to cover are also out, so it looks like the home side might have to go with Raimondi at RB and Ferri in the middle of defence, neither of whom have played much this season. They will also miss their all action midfielder Carmona through suspension. I think these loses will add up for Atalanta and this tallied with the fact that Atalanta have only won 1 of the last 7 games, makes backing Juve a interesting prospect. They are still 1.91 in most places to win and them to score at least a couple of goals could be an option as well, despite the fact that they have been wasteful in front of goal of late.
I think i'm going to take Juve now. Atalanta vs Juve - Juve to win 1.91 at bet365 (2 units) For all of the above reasons.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Roma - Cesena Time of first card: Before 28:00 3/10 1.83 Bet365 * The referee of this encounter so far: 8 games / card before 28th minute = 7 times ( 8', 20', none, 27', 21', 12', 21', 23' ) * Cesena played away 9 games, in 7 of them the first card was shown before 28th minute. My local russian bookie gives: before 25th minute @ 1.83.

Dylan - do you know of any team news for Inter v Lazio tomorrow?
Neither team are struggling that much. Inter have Thaigo Motta suspended, and as Stankovic is also out they may have to line up with with the youngster Faraoni in midfield. However he has been excellent in the matches i've seen him this season so that shouldn't be too much of a concern for Ranieri. Other than that Inter are fine, but have a bit of a selection dilemma in regards to Sneijder. He is more or less fully back to fitness but having played 80+ mins in midweek another start here could be a bit too much to ask so all signs at the moment point to him starting from the bench with Alvarez in the first 11 but thats obviously just a guess rather than anything definite. Lazio have all the main players back in the squad, including a full complement of defenders to choose from. The only doubt is Rocchi who has a bit of a knock I believe, so Cisse may well have to come into replace him. That would be a blow for Lazio as Cisse has been woeful so far this season and I would fancy the Inter defence to easily handle him. Rocchi would offer a bit more fight.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Atalanta - Juventus Total Corners Juventus: Over 5.5 6/10 1.83 Bet365 * Juventus in last three away games were awarded: 10, 6, 7 corners. * Away, Juventus avg. corners for 6.1 so far. * Atalanta at home, avg. corners against: 4.6 Juve playing 4-3-3 will get the most of Atalanta's 4-4-1-1 tonight, in my oppinion they are going to cover 75% this bet in the first half.

Neither team are struggling that much. Inter have Thaigo Motta suspended, and as Stankovic is also out they may have to line up with with the youngster Faraoni in midfield. However he has been excellent in the matches i've seen him this season so that shouldn't be too much of a concern for Ranieri. Other than that Inter are fine, but have a bit of a selection dilemma in regards to Sneijder. He is more or less fully back to fitness but having played 80+ mins in midweek another start here could be a bit too much to ask so all signs at the moment point to him starting from the bench with Alvarez in the first 11 but thats obviously just a guess rather than anything definite. Lazio have all the main players back in the squad, including a full complement of defenders to choose from. The only doubt is Rocchi who has a bit of a knock I believe, so Cisse may well have to come into replace him. That would be a blow for Lazio as Cisse has been woeful so far this season and I would fancy the Inter defence to easily handle him. Rocchi would offer a bit more fight.
Thanks. Latest odds are: Inter 1.73 Draw 3.65 Lazio 5.8 Do you see any value from Lazio there? (I have seen Lazio a few times, and they seem talented but inconsistent away from home. I've seen Inter and they seem very solid and defensive).

Thanks. Latest odds are: Inter 1.73 Draw 3.65 Lazio 5.8 Do you see any value from Lazio there? (I have seen Lazio a few times, and they seem talented but inconsistent away from home. I've seen Inter and they seem very solid and defensive).
I think this match can go either way and the value is in Lazio for sure. Dnb is a max bet for me.

I think i'm going to take Juve now. Atalanta vs Juve - Juve to win 1.91 at bet365 (2 units) For all of the above reasons.
Result: Atalanta 0 Juventus 2 :ok I saw some of the game, and Juventus looked in control from what I saw, quick and inventive in attack and calm and organised in defence. Atalanta were busy but it wasn't enough. Juve seem very good at defending all over the pitch - keeping the ball, working together, denying the other team opportunities to attack.

Atalanta vs Juve - Juve to win 1.91 at bet365 (2 units)
:ok + 1.82 units. I think Juve deserved the win as they created more and better opportunities than the hosts. However they were fortunate not to concede a couple of pens given how Chiellini was man-handling Denis from set pieces. I know that pushing and pulling happens on all set plays but what the Juve defender was allowed to get away with was ridiculous. Will be interesting to see what the ref does in the next Juve game, and may be worth backing Juve to concede a penalty, Chiellini to get booked etc, as i'm sure the Italian FA will be looking to make a stand about this kind of stuff. Anyway on to todays action... I do think this weekend looks like one for backing the big teams. Juve have already come through and I’m also going to take; Siena vs Napoli – Napoli to win 2.15 at Victor Chandler (2 units) I would suggest that the price on Siena is slightly exaggerated due to the emphatic win over Lazio in their last home games. It was a good performance by Siena in that match but Lazio were hopeless and gifted them three goals through penalties & comedy defending. Prior to that result Siena had faced 4 pretty decent teams at home (Atalanta, Genoa, Inter and Fiorentina) and failed to win any so I would suggest that another win is unlikely here. This is made even more unlikely by a couple of important absentees here. Rossettini almost an ever present in defence this season is suspended , and the biggest miss will be Gazzi who has done a very well this season for them acting as the defensive shield for what is otherwise not a particularly defensive midfield . Gazzi certainly would have been useful in trying to stop Napoli’s counter attacks and Hamsik in particular. First choice GK Brkic is also out. It has been mentioned in the Italian media that Siena might move to 3-5-2 to compensate these loses and match Napoli’s tactics. Whilst doing this worked for Bologna on Monday, I’m not convinced that its going to work for Siena. It might make them more competitive but ultimately the players unfamiliarity with the tactic is likely to guarantee that a team of Napoli’s calibre will get a couple of chances to bag a win. The suggestion would be that Pessoli, Contini, Vergassola & Parravincini would come in at CB and CM. Given that these 4 have only got 10 starts between them this season it would clearly be a big gamble, and I’ll be even more confident in this bet if Sannino did go ahead with it. As for Napoli, they are at full strength with the returning Lavezzi being a big boost for them. There seems to be no indication that Mazzarri will do any of his rotating , and so I fancy them to get the win whatever tactic Siena utilise. Udinese vs Catania – Udinese to win 1.70 at Ladbrokes (2 units) Not the best odds admittedly but I’m pretty confident of Udinese getting the win in this one that I’m willing to take a chance. Udinese have been on a little bit of a bad run recently losing their last two in the cup vs Chievo and last weekend in the 2-3 defeat to Genoa. Some might pinpoint that this has been down to them losing 2 out of their 3 best players to the ACN in Benatia and Asamoah, and whilst that will obviously have had some impact I still think they can cope without them. The bigger issue particularly against Genoa was the loss of Dommizzi as well, which meant they had to field a back three of Ekstrand, Ferroneti and Danilo and I wasn’t surprised that Genoa were able to capitalise on that. For this match however they have a full squad (less the African players) to choose from and being able to bring Dommizzi back in for Ekstrand will improve that defence considerably. This should then provide them with a decent base to build and even without Asamoah I would fancy the trio of Isla, Pinzi and Fernandes to be in complete control of the midfield. This should then mean that they have enough of the ball to fashion some opportunities for Di Natalie, and given that he is still scoring goals for fun after the winter break ( 4 in 3 games) you would fancy him to take advantage of the domination the home team should have in this game. Catania are a decent team but the fall out over Maxi Lopez transfer move has hindered them, as he was without doubt their best attacking player. Without him they are a mid table side at best, so with the quality that Udinese still have I expect them to win. :hope Would have liked to have backed Milan as well on the handicap, but I've just noticed that Boateng is suspended for this one. He's really been the one thats made them tick so far this season (especially against weaker opposition, like Leece and Bologna) and without him I think they could struggle to get that many goals. Also still weighing up a couple of other bets, looking at goals in both the Bologna vs Parma game and Leece vs Chievo.

Honestly i'm not really a value punter so can't really comment on what would class as value and what doesn't. For me this match is almost certainly going to be a no bet. What i would say is that Lazio are too dependent on two players (Klose and Hernanes) and they will struggle against the top teams who have the quality to keep these players reasonably quiet. As you point out Inter are looking defensively solid at the moment and they now defend much better as a unit unlike earlier in the season and you would imagine that they have enough to contain Lazio. Going forward Inter are not as strong and they have really missed Sneijder but as we saw against Milan, they will take their chances if they get handed to them and with the way the Lazio defence has been playing at the moment (unfortunatly there has been a lot of changing of the back 4 due to injuries over the last month or so) you wouldn't rule out Lazio gifting something. DNB / +0.5 could be an option but that would depend on your own confidence of this Lazio back line.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Palermo are in small cricis due bad results. Actually Palermo president Zamparini should blame himself for this cricis with his coach decisions and his attitude on the coaches. Palermo have sacked Mangia and signed with Mutti (which coach has no serious career) and now Zamparini complaining that he's regret of sacking Mangia. Palermo are having seven games winless streak. Have lost 5 of them and drew two. In this week Palermo have signed with midfielder Donati and goalkeeper Viviano, signing Viviano is a positive move for Palermo because they didn't have any proper goalkeeper since Sirigu's departure. Bortolo Mutti is known as an offensive minded coach and he will remain 4-3-1-2 formation against Genoa. Palermo will miss defender Pisano , striker Hernandez and offensive midfielder Zahavi. Palermo still have enough and quality offensive fire-power with such players as Miccoli , Ilicic , Pinilla and new comer Argentinean Vasquez. Mutti's job isn't secure anymore and Palermo are nervous and eager to win a game after having a seven games win-less streak. Palermo's weakest part is their defense. They still don't have proper defenders , Munoz - Silvestre and Mantovani are Serie B level defenders and Palermo president never cared to buy some new decent defenders after losing Cassani and Bovo. Palermo (probable) 4-3-1-2 : Viviano; Munoz, Silvestre, Mantovani, Balzaretti; Migliaccio, Donati, Barreto; Ilicic; Miccoli,Pinilla After following bad results , Genoa rid of coach Malesani and signed Pasquale Marino. On the last weekend Genoa played a ''huge'' 2nd half against Udinese (which team is in the Scudetto race and have one of the best defensive records of Serie A) and managed to win 3-2. Genoa's new transfers Gilardino and Biondini showed great performances. Genoa were having big scoring problems and they have signed with Sculli (Lazio) and Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina) and Gilardino's partnership to Palacio brought them a great victory against Udinese. Genoa played a Cup game against Inter three days ago but Genoa played with the reserve team. Coach Marino's main target is Palermo game and he wants to improve with his new formation and team with getting more positive results and remain same performance which they have showed against Udinese. Genoa will play with 4-3-3 formation. Up-front finally contains quality after long years. Gilardino , Palacio & Sculli trio will start together up front. Genoa have important missings on their Sicily trip. Genoa will miss 4 regular defenders , we can say whole defense line. Bovo , Kaladze , Dainelli and Antonelli. Hard-worker midfielder Rossi is suspended. Portuguese international midfielder Veloso isn't fit and another midfielder Kevin Constant are injured. Seymour - Kucka and Biondini will start on the midfield. Defense is still a problem with numerous absences of the defenders. Marino will give chance to midfielder Mesto as a RB and young defender Samprisi in first eleven. Genoa were missing same defenders at the last weekend and gave a lot of positions to Udinese , goalkeeper Frey had an excellent game , he had conceded two goals but saved more than five %100 goal chances. Genoa (probable) : 4-3-3 : Frey; Mesto, Granqvist, Moretti, Sampirisi ; Biondini, Seymour, Kucka; Palacio, Gilardino, Sculli Palermo will be eager to get all three points to stop their terrible run and will play an offensive game. On the other hand Genoa have focused in Palermo game , even Marino didn't risk his regular players against Inter at Coppa Italia game. The both teams will play on same purpose ; three points. Two offensive minded teams and defensive issues. Palermo's weak defense and Genoa's absences on the defence line. Offensive performances will name a winner here , expectations on a very open game with a lot of goal positions and plenty of goals in Renzo Barbera. Over 2.5 @1.94 Pinnacle , 6 units.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Nice write ups Dylan. I agree with both picks. Siena really exaggerated here. There is a big quality difference between these two teams. Napoli will have Lavezzi back. Siena have lost against weaker teams than Napoli at home. Napoli have full squad without any injury or suspension conserns. Even if things don't go as planned Mazzarri might use his bench weapons Pandev , Vargas etc. -0.25 @1.88 is a good offer for Napoli. And Udinese. If they didn't loose two games in a row (actually they didn't care about the Cup game ) odds would have offered @1.40ish against Catania. Catania aren't the same team when they play away from home. Two rounds ago they had showed a terrible performance against Bologna. @1.70 for Udinese? Best home team of Serie A ? Domizzi is back from injury. He will get a late fitness test and expecting to play but even without him Udinese have enough quality to win against Catania. Udinese were unlucky against Genoa. Genoa goalkeeper Frey had an excellent game. He had saved tons of positions. Udinese should explode against Catania today. Milan are in injury cricis but even current squad should be enough for Novara (which team has the worst defensive record of Serie A) Novara will miss regular defenders Paci and Dellafiore (both suspended) , Radovanovic is doubtful and he's very important for Novara. Milan (probable) 4-3-1-2 Amelia , Abate , Mexes , Silva , Antonini , Merkel , Van Bommel , Nocerino , Emanuelson (Seedorf) , Robinho , Zlatan I don't think Novara will be able to stop Zlatan & Robinho. They have allowed 14 goals at their last 6 games. Milan are still leading best offensive record of Serie A. In this week signed with Merkel and Mesbah for more dept on the midfield due injuries. Juventus already 4 points ahead ACM. If Milan drops points here that would be a nightmare after losing the Derby. Also I liked totals here. I am expecting minimum three goals. Novara with defensive issues and Milan will miss Nesta and Abbiati. Amelia always capable to make silly mistakes. I will go with Milan -1 AH @1.8 and Over 2.75 goals @2.02 Have a profitable and nice sunday! Good luck.:ok

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Palermo - Genoa over 2.5 @1.93 Pinnacle No need for long writeups. Palermo needs a win and will attack, on other hand Palermo is bad in defence as it gets, they have goalie Viviano and Donati in DM, but that should not be enough. Genoa on other hand in crisis, missing key defenders as Bovo,Dainelli, Kaladdze and Antoneli and in midfield Constant, key man Veloso and Rossi doue to ban. Plus is Genoa have great attack with Gila and Palacio which will both play. In defence some creativity from thier coach, debut on RB for Samprisi and on RB we will see Mesto who is more used of midfield roles. So need to win, many missings will be the key here, odds are set very nicely for a team that needs a win and have bad defence and a team which misses almost whle reg. defence and have strong attack unit. overs for me.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Sport Football (Italy) Event Palermo - Genoa Selection Over 3.5 goals Strength 7/10 Date 22/01/2012 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 3.50 Reasoning Palermo's coach Mutti is under fire after he failed to lead his team to any win since being appointed. I watched their game against Napoli, and they looked really good in the opening minutes, creating a couple of good scoring chances, but the game changed really quick and since Napoli got the opening goal it was all downhill for them. Offensive midfielders Zahavi and Hernandez are out for this game, but up-front the trio Miccoli-Pinolla-Ilicic can always produce goals. At the same time their full-backs Balzaretti and Munoz are good on going up-front and can produce decent crosses but at the same time their defensive displays are somehow lacking. Also in the center of midfield Barreto and Migliaccio can provide decent through balls. Genoa is an attacking minded team which signed some excellent players this transfer window. Most importantly, in the attack they now relly on 3 clinical strikers in the likes of Palacio-Gilardino-Sculli, and we could already see in their last game at home over Udinese that they are able to produce more goals, winning 3-2, but most importantly, getting 3 goals against a team like Udinese known for their good defence. Some missings in the defence for Genoa, though, and this team has conceded 11 goals in their last 3 Serie A games. At the same time they have an excellent attack, and should be able to get on the scoresheet here.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Only one match for me today, but I'm quite invested in it. Palermo vs. Genoa Palermo are in a bit of a state at the moment. You can usually bank on them to score and concede but they have been a different team this season. They have looked a lot weaker than in the past and last week against Chievo they were really crap. It shouldn't really be a surprise because the coach doesn't know whether he is coming or going and the players must be sick of that too. For this they will play 4-3-1-2, as is usual with Mutti. Viviano seems to be getting the nod for his first game in goal. Donati will come straight into CM as well, alongside Migliaccio and Barreto. That's a very work heavy midfield. They will probably look to win the ball back and move it forward as quickly as they can. Illicic has been pretty poor so far this season. He seems to be a complimentary player, one who plays well when the team does, but does not want to shoulder the burden. Miccoli is expected to be partnered by Budan who is not exactly inspiring. Genoa are not without their own selection issues for this. Their D is looking very thin. Granqvist and Moretti will play as CB's. They will be flanked by Sampirisi and Mesto. That is far from their usual set up and will likely cause them some problems today. In midfield Biondini will play his first match. Kucka will join him, as well as Seymour or Jankovic. That is not a great midfield but away from home it will serve a limited purpose. They too will be suited to winning the ball and moving it forward quickly. Their attack is by far their best area of the pitch in this match. Gila is the player that they have lacked for a while. He can hold it up well and will always get into the box and finish if served. Palacio is a good wing forward, and their best player. Sculli has come back to the club and although wont beat a man often, he is a solid link up player. Those three will cause most teams in Serie A some problems. Essentially, I can see a very end to end match with both sides creating chances. Both have the players to do so, and both teams have defensive problems. Palermo's and constant, while Genoa's are caused due to personnel. Palermo have been dire of late and Genoa have been resurgent. I got myself in a bit of a muddle, because I like Genoa not to lose this, and goals to be scored. I'm not a fan of covering too many markets on one match but I've gone for: Over 3 goals - 2.375 - 4 points Palermo are moving in right across the board so I am waiting to squeeze some more out of the price. I will be taking Genoa +0.5 as my main bet later.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 21-22 January Cagliari vs Fiorentina Home side has just 2 wins at home and 2 defeats, the rest of 5 are draws. They must change that and they must get wins. Against Fiorentina can do it especially now, when they got a great momentum with a 3-0 with Genoa and a draw in Torino with Juventus! Roma plays bad and will have no chance here. home -0.25 AH @ 1.95 with 188bet Lecce vs Chievo Lecce won against Fiorentina after a good game made against Juve. Chievo comes after a 1-0 with Palermo but we all know that Palermo is not in a good form. Lecce has a great chance as we know Chievo are bad travelers: 5goasl scored, 1 win and 2 draws. With Di Michele on fire with the goal average equal as Ibrahimovici's, expect a good Lecce side today! home -0.25 @ 2.16 canbet Novara vs Milan Away side without Flamini, Cassano, Yepes, Gattuso, Aquilani, Abbiati, Boateng, Pato, Nesta and Boateng. Novara without Paci and Dellafiore in the central defensive. Milan played with second team and eliminated Novara in the Cup. Now is time for the first XI to get 3 points here in the Serie A> I think Milan will look to eliminate any worries as quick as they can seeing that Juve is 4 points above them and also seeing that Novara can cause damages in the last minutes! away -1.5 AH @ 2.31 with 188bet Palermo vs Genoa The scandals and the problems that Palermo has will not be solved today, as Genoa looks set to get points from this clash. They have some players rested from the midweek and with Palacio returning + Gilardino and Sculli, Genoa can win even the match. Expect a beautiful match, maybe some goals and an away team that will not lose the match! Genoa +0.5 AH @ 2.01 with Canbet Siena vs Napoli Home side is having a very hard match here as Napoli is set to solve their situation quickly. They have been a team that suffered against Bologna last game, but I think they took their lesson. Siena won 4-0 against Lazio, but against a team with 1 player light and I do not think that situation will ever repeat against Napoli. Expect a Napoli decided to do the job here and get 3 points! away -0.25 AH @ 1.99 with Canbet Udinese vs Catania Home side is having just 1 win in last 5 games, but that can be changed today with Catania coming to visit them. The absentees from catania, Lanzafame and Capuano are big blows for Catania, while Udionese is having all the players available. Catania wasn;t a weak side away, with 3 defeats in 9 games, but Udinese will be looking to return to the winning ways here. home -0.75 AH @ 1.89 with Betsson