England > Championship > 2-3 January

Spooner

Monday 2 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Crystal Palace v Leicester City (13:00 GMT) 3.1 3.4 2.75 98.03 %
maximize.gif Blackpool v Middlesbrough (15:00 GMT) 2.64 3.4 2.86 102.26 %
maximize.gif Brighton & Hove Albion v Southampton (15:00 GMT) 3.55 3.45 2.4 98.82 %
maximize.gif Cardiff City v Reading (15:00 GMT) 2.25 3.4 3.8 100.17 %
maximize.gif Doncaster Rovers v Barnsley (15:00 GMT) 2.66 3.5 2.9 100.65 %
maximize.gif Hull City v Derby County (15:00 GMT) 1.88 3.6 5 100.97 %
maximize.gif Ipswich Town v Nottingham Forest (15:00 GMT) 2.3 3.45 3.4 101.88 %
maximize.gif Leeds United v Burnley (15:00 GMT) 2.25 3.45 3.6 101.21 %
maximize.gif Peterborough United v Birmingham City (15:00 GMT) 3.11 3.5 2.8 96.44 %
maximize.gif Portsmouth v Watford (15:00 GMT) 2.16 3.4 3.8 102.02 %
maximize.gif West Ham v Coventry City (15:00 GMT) 1.47 4.6 9 100.88 %
Tuesday 3 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bristol City v Millwall (19:45 GMT) 2.42 3.4 3.2 101.98 %

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January Well,well,well.Do you think Notm's free falling will continue?Cuz i do think so.There are 7 matches without scoring a goal for them.After yesterday's home crash against Cardiff they are in relegation's zone.At the 2nd of January they travel to visit Ipswich who is in pretty good form.In their last 4 ames they managed to win twice agin Barnsley and Derby,one draw against Leicester away and they lost against Reading who is in top form right now.I think there won't be a surprice and Notm's will be defeated again... 2.2 with Bet365 Another good bet is Brighton-Southampton 1X 1.66 with bet365 Brighton lost their last 4 matches against Coventry Reading and Boro.But they were the visiting side in these fixtures.Their 4th lost was against Boro at home but as you know Boro is with high ambitions this season.Anyway they play a good football especially at home beating Notm,Barnsley and Coventry.On the other hand Southampton isn't as good as they were a month ago.They lost against Doncaster who,then two draws against Portsmouth and Hull,tough victory against Crystal Palace without creating much goal opportunities yesterday they were defeated at home against....Bristol City again this season.Bristol didn't manage to win for 5 matches.Southampton's form away is 3/4/4.I think after thir round it will be 3/4/5 or 3/5/4...Good Luck

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January We (Leeds) are truly dire at the minute. Nobody is scoring goals and the defence continues to be very leaky. The feeling around the club is at an all-time low and if we go 1 down tomorrow I imagine the crowd will be on the players backs (sadly). Snodgrass and Howson are out for weeks and we have no spark, anywhere on the pitch. I've never been so unexcited to go to Elland Road as I am tomorrow. I can see real value in Burnley or draw @ 8/13 (Paddypower)

I don't like to tip my teams opponent's,especially versus our south coast rivals,but odds against for Southampton looks cracking value. The early 7/5 with Stan James has been snapped up,but 11/10 or 6/5 still looks generous imo. We are not playing well or with confidence,losing to bottom side Coventry last time out. That's four straight defeats now,without scoring. Before this sequence of defeats,we were extremely fortunate to grab all 3 points against Forest,with a very late goal,when we barely deserved a point. Southampton will be keen to make amends after their defeat to Bristol City,& will face a Brighton side missing loads of players out. Craig Noone suffered a hamstring injury against Coventry,whilst Lewis Dunk collected his 10th booking of the season and starts a two-match ban and midfielder Alan Navarro is also suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card. Romain Vincelot and Ashley Barnes are still banned for their red cards against Burnley before Xmas & Vicente Rodriguez (thigh), Inigo Calderon (knee), Marcos Painter (hamstring), Will Hoskins (hip), Gary Dicker (broken leg) and Tommy Elphick (Achilles) are all injured.

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January

I don't like to tip my teams opponent's,especially versus our south coast rivals,but odds against for Southampton looks cracking value. The early 7/5 with Stan James has been snapped up,but 11/10 or 6/5 still looks generous imo. We are not playing well or with confidence,losing to bottom side Coventry last time out. That's four straight defeats now,without scoring. Before this sequence of defeats,we were extremely fortunate to grab all 3 points against Forest,with a very late goal,when we barely deserved a point. Southampton will be keen to make amends after their defeat to Bristol City,& will face a Brighton side missing loads of players out. Craig Noone suffered a hamstring injury against Coventry,whilst Lewis Dunk collected his 10th booking of the season and starts a two-match ban and midfielder Alan Navarro is also suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card. Romain Vincelot and Ashley Barnes are still banned for their red cards against Burnley before Xmas & Vicente Rodriguez (thigh), Inigo Calderon (knee), Marcos Painter (hamstring), Will Hoskins (hip), Gary Dicker (broken leg) and Tommy Elphick (Achilles) are all injured.
Good write up going to follow you on this one, dont normally have a flutter in this league, looks a fair few out for the home team so worth a go.

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January Hull v Derby @ 1.83 StanJames I was hoping for a better price on Hull here but i strongly fancy them in this game so will settle for the 5/6 widely available. The tigers have narrowly lost their last 2 games which were both away but they have won their last 3 home games and I fancy them to make it a 4th in a row here. Derby have just won their last 2 home games but they are still very poor on their travels. They have just picked up 1 point from 15 on the road, whilst drawing just 2 games and losing 5 from their last 7 away. Hull are a strong side at home whilst Derby are very poor away. It's not an amazing price but it's fair enough under the circumstances and one which I am happy to take. Leeds V Burnley +0.25 (AH) @ 2.00 bet365 I was hoping to get a +0.5 line here but it was probably a bit ambitious and I'm still happy to take the +0.25 at evens. Burnley are in cracking form having won 6 of their last 7 games and having kept clean sheets in their last 3 games. In contrast, leeds are in poor form and have a couple of key players out. They have lost their last 3 games in a row scoring just 1 goal along the way. They have won just 1 of their last 6 home games. With this in mind, any positive handicap is appealing on Burnley. With the fact that they are in such good form as well, this bet suddenly becomes very appealing and one which I will be getting involved with.

Think the odds on Peterborough against Birmingham looks good. Anyone knows about injuries or suspensions for the two teams och thoughts about the match?
http://www.teamtalk.com/match/preview/978/7404645/P-boro-v-Birmingham-preview My thoughts on Posh are they're completely unpredictable. Have tightened up recently though, so you'd think they'd be a bit harder to beat, not handing Birmingham a three-goal head start like usual. McCann appears a big miss for 'em.

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January Crystal Palace AH0 2.1 Pinnacle 4/10 Palace look very solid to me, only one defeat at home so far, and at least hard to beat. Leicester has the better team on paper but football matches aren´t played on paper. The Foxes are underachieving the whole season and I can´t see this changing vs. Palace, but a draw is possible of course. Palace piled up 6 at home, Leicester 5 away...did I mention before that I don´t like betting on draws? So the only choice is AH0 on Palace. Odds were similar vs. Birmingham when they won and I doubt that Leicester, who didn´t win last 5 games, is better. Burnley AH+0.25 2.0 Pinnacle 4/10 Has been said earlier. Don´t get around it cause of current form stats of both teams. Burnley has won 5 from last 6 (away 4 from last 6), Leeds last 6 at home were one win, two draws, three defeats and they lost last 3...pretty simple. Momentum is on Burnley. Definately I will stay away from Cardiff-Reading and Blackpool-Boro btw...

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January Crystal Palace - Leicester: Draw @ 3.30 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 The odds indicate that the market is essentially split over which team is going to win here. Leicester is only slight favourites with some bookies. The teams' performance is similar thus far. Crystal Palace stands in 8th place with 36 points while Leicester is in 14th place with 32 points. Crystal Palace's form in the last 8 matches is 3-2-3 while Leicester has a 2-4-2 record in the last 8 matches. Crystal Palace is prone to the draw result at home (4-6-1 record) and is very difficult to defeat. Most of Leicester's away matches have ended in a draw (2-5-4 record) and they don't win often. I think there is enough here to recommend the draw result as the value bet. Blackpool - Middlesbrough: Draw @ 3.40 (Betfred) 10/10 The odds for the respective wins are pretty evenly split between the teams. Blackpool's recent form indicates a propensity for the draw result (2-4-2 record). Boro also has a good amount of draw results in the last 8 matches (4-3-1 record). Boro has a total of 9 draws overall which is the most in the league (along with Cardiff and Watford). Blackpool has 8 draws overall which is the second most in the league (along with Leicester and Millwall). The reverse fixture, this season, ended in a 2-2 draw. There is enough here to recommend the draw as a value bet.

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January From the match reports both teams are underperforming curently, but situation on table is much differnet. Southampton still the leader of the table, but with only one win in last six games. On ther hand BHA in big problems with squad selection, it is being reported that manager Poyet will have problems putting together 16 man squad for this one. So in this moment bet on Southampton is imo excellent. They are better team, they are almst full, they are in need of a win to pick up mementum they had before december and with games following almost on two day basis, BHA manager POyet is in big mess, with his team depleted - three new players out form last game vs. Coventry, and with almost no rest and no chances for rotation, i see this as a great opportunity for Soto to get three points. Southampton @ 2.10 b365

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January Crystal Palace vs Leicester I've made a lot of money from Crystal Palace this season using my betting method as I try to pick low scoring games as much as possible. Crystal Palace have only lost once this season, which was against Middlesbrough (0-1), who are the best away side in the league this season. Palace have conceded 6 goals and scored 10 and have a home record of 4-6-1 so far. Looking at their last 4 home games, they've scored only 2 and conceded 1. Their last 4 home games ended: 1-0, 1-1, 0-0, 0-0. It's obvious they are very hard to break down at home but they also have problems scoring, which is the perfect team for my method. As for Leicester, they've scored 12 and conceded 14 and their away record is 2-5-4. They've scored 6 and conceded 6 in their past 4 away games. I think the pattern will continue and we'll see Under 2.5. I also don't think Leicester will manage to win. Correct Score: 0-0 @ 9.6 1-0 @ 8.8 1-1 @ 7 2-0 @ 16.5 2-1 @ 13 Betfair I'll make a very nice profit if any of these bets win and I also have 0-1, 1-2 and 2-2 covered so I'll break even if one of those wins, but I lose a lot of money if none of the scores mentioned here win. :hope:hope:hope

Sport Football (England - Cham)
Event Broghton - Southampton
Selection Southampton
Strength 10/10
Date 02/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 2.00
Reasoning I'm going against Brighton again after catching great odds for Coventry a few days ago. The team have a lot of problems with injured and suspended players. Manager Gus Poyet can't find even sixteen players for this game as Lewis Dunk and Alan Navarro are suspended and Craig Noone is injured. This is the new absences, while other six regular players are still out with injuries. This bad luck is reflecting big time on the games of the team and Brighton lost their last four games in a row without even scoring a single goal in them. Leaders Southampton are in some kind of a bad run, winning only one of their last five games. The most shocking without any question was the defeat at home against Bristol City two days ago (this was their first defeat at home this season in the league). Defender Jose Fonte can make it in the final moment, as he is almost fit from his injury. Southampton is not playing good away from home (3-3-4), but with all those problems in the home team and odds around 2.00 this game is a must try. Southampton have three wins in their last four away games against this opponent (3-1-0).

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January Palace vs Leicester Palace and Leicester are meeting tonight on Selhurst Park (London), in 25 round match in Championship. Palace is placed on 8 spot with 36 points. At home, they got 4 wins 6 draws and 1 defeats, scoring 10 and conceding 6 goals. From these 11 games, 9 went under 2.5 goals. Leicester is placed on 14 spot with 32 points. Away, they got 2 wins 5 draws and 4, scoring 12 and conceding 14 goals. From these 11 games, 6 went under 2.5 goals. According to all of these stats, I tip that will have a match with 2 or 3 goals. The match can go either way, but a bet of this kind seems to me logic and safe with great odds. 2 or 3 goals in the match @ 2.00 with betfred

We (Leeds) are truly dire at the minute. Nobody is scoring goals and the defence continues to be very leaky. The feeling around the club is at an all-time low and if we go 1 down tomorrow I imagine the crowd will be on the players backs (sadly). Snodgrass and Howson are out for weeks and we have no spark, anywhere on the pitch. I've never been so unexcited to go to Elland Road as I am tomorrow. I can see real value in Burnley or draw @ 8/13 (Paddypower)
I do agree with this but will be keeping away from this match as a betting opportunity. The signing of Andros Townsend should give us a bit more sparkle but things look desperate for Simon Grayson if we get beat today.

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January No Gardner or McCarthy for Palace today, very strange, when you combine this with the absence of Speroni then Palace are looking weak at the back. I can only assume Freedman has decided to rest them because of fixture congestion, I hope so anyway.

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January Blackpool vs Middlesborough I like Blackpool a lot and I would like them to see them again in the Premier League or at least in the Play Offs, but they will be playing now against one of the best in this League, Borough are a team that looks great in defensive and very, very clinical in attack. The lack of defending in Blackpool are suitable for a win from Borough. seems that Zemmama and Kevin Thomson are getting back into the squad after the pair was injured. Blackpool will be without Barry Ferguson, suspended for a red card in the game at Birmingham. away 0 AH @ 2.03 with 188bet

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January Absolutely bankers price on ipswich now... ipswich +0 Ah v forest @ 2.025 bet365 Forest haven't scored in their last 7 games yet are being priced up as favourites here. mental. sonko is out suspended for town but that doesn't justify any major movement here. i was looking at ipswich yesterday -0.25 @ 1.9 and was very tempted by it. that is definitely about right in my opinion so the current price on the better line has to be taken for me. just how are forest being priced as favourites for this?! im all over ipswich on this handicaps.

Re: England > Championship > 2-3 January Wow! Ipswich-Nottingham 0-2 after 26 minutes :wall There's something fishy about this match.. Why did the odds for Nottingham win go down so much before kick-off that they become favourites?? Knowing the awful form they're in.. Something just don't add up :@

Wow! Ipswich-Nottingham 0-2 after 26 minutes :wall There's something fishy about this match.. Why did the odds for Nottingham win go down so much before kick-off that they become favourites?? Knowing the awful form they're in.. Something just don't add up :@
i don't think there is anything fishy mate. i do think it is bizarre how the price changed though. forest hadn't scored in 7 games but pulled out 2 sceamers by the sounds of it. that's football. ipswichs form improved when sonko returned and they stopped letting in loads of goals. his suspension obviously doesn't help ipswich but could he have prevented either of the goals? its doubtful. fingers crossed on an ipswich comeback!

What happened in Southampton game' date=' odds changed dramatically in favour of Brighton yet no sending off registered on betfair long before Brighton scored.[/quote'] Lambert was sent off when it was 0-0 so that could have been it. Leeds scoring late ****** me over.....will be avoiding betting on the Championship in the future it is the most unpredictable league to bet on!!

"Lambert was sent off when it was 0-0 so that could have been it." Up until then Southampton were the better side tbh. They missed some great chances in the 1st half,& from where I was they definately had the ball over the line,only for the goal not to be given. After Lambert was red-carded it was all Brighton. Sorry if I influenced anyone with my post,tipping Saints. I'll keep my mouth shut in future!

"Lambert was sent off when it was 0-0 so that could have been it." Up until then Southampton were the better side tbh. They missed some great chances in the 1st half,& from where I was they definately had the ball over the line,only for the goal not to be given. After Lambert was red-carded it was all Brighton. Sorry if I influenced anyone with my post,tipping Saints. I'll keep my mouth shut in future!
Bobbyhead you only gave your opinion, I followed because of the injury list to Brighton. I would still take the same bet tomorrow, so dont let result put you off from posting your thoughts. We cant win every bet :ok