2012 PDC World Darts Championship

theoldmaster

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Think Kev will agree with me in that last friday's session was hugely frustrating. Could have been a full house in the forum but Painter missed darts for the handicap, Munch missed doubles to go 3-1 up against Farmer and both Wade and Klaasen missed a double to cover the highest checkout. In the end it was a loss of -2.71 for the session which took my personal overall down to +16.19. Hopefully the return after the Christmas break will bring the forum some better fortunes to cancel out some of the bad luck that came before. I'm taking 5 in the afternoon session which I quite like the look of. Terry Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat Co Stompe- 10/11 Bet365- (5/10) I fancy Jenkins to win this one with a bit to spare to be honest. Since promising to take the game a bit more seriously and preparing properly for tournaments, we've seen Jenkins really show why he is one of the best players on the tour. At the Players Championship he really should have beaten Taylor and played really well in that match, and he was professional in his first round match against Joe Cullen. He averaged 95 in that match and didn't drop a set so I'd fancy the Bull to be carrying a lot of confidence coming into the remainder of the tournament. Stompe hasn't had a good year at all and although coming through his first match here at Ally Pally, he wasn't ever tested. He only needed to average 88 to win without dropping a set and he will need to average far higher than that if he is to really test Jenkins tomorrow. Jenkins reached the semis here 12 months ago and looks the far better player at the minute given his return to form so I'll back him to win no worse than 4-2 here. John Part to beat Richie Burnett- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10) Under 10.5 180s- 4/5 Sportingbet- (5/10) Quite like the look of Part at odds against here. I was at Ally Pally when he beat John Henderson and despite Henderson not really showing up, Part did what he needed to do and no doubt he'll raise his game to play Burnett. Granted he hasn't done a great deal in the TV events this season but he has played well on the floor and is a past champion so he'll know how to raise his game. There are a couple of things that really make me favour Part in this one though. One being the head to head in which Part has won all 7 of their matches and won the 4 this year very comfortably indeed so that gives him the mental edge in my opinion. Also the fact that Burnett hasn't played since the opening night could work against him and make him a little slow out of the blocks and it isn't easy to work your way back against Part if he goes a couple of sets ahead so I'm happy to back the Canadian as the slight underdog here. Also taking the unders on the 180s as well as 11 maximums looks on the high side to me. Burnett's 11 maximums in the first round was a bit of a freak result to be honest and I certainly don't see him hitting anywhere near as many as that against Part. He is a heavy scorer when he gets going but 11 180s in a match is a fine effort and in my eyes a one off really. Part isn't the biggest scorer of 180s either, as he covers a lot and hits a fair number of 140s. As I mentioned I think Burnett may be a touch rusty at the start which would require Part to hit quite a few and I don't see him doing that so the unders for me as well as Part to win the match. Vincent van der Voort vs Andy Hamilton- Over 10.5 180s- 4/6 Blue Square- (6/10) Van der Voort Most 180s- 11/10 Blue Square- (5/10) The line in the Part-Burnett match looked too high, this one looks ridiculously low. They are both really heavy scorers when the are playing well and will both contribute to cover this line. Hamilton did well to overcome Alcinas in the first round as the Spaniard played arguably the match of his life if we discount the World Cup result. That match should have given Hamilton some confidence going into this one, a match where he hit 8 perfect darts for a 9 darter. Van der Voort really impressed me against Mark Hylton who is really good solid player and the Dutchman had to improve his poor form at the Players Championship to stand any chance in that one. But he did just that and hit 11 180s himself in the meantime which makes me wonder why the line is set this low. Van der Voort covered it himself in his first round match whilst Hamilton hit 5 and showed he is no stranger to the lipstick so I think we'll see at least 11 maximums in this one and probably a lot more if this match really turns into a classic which it could well do. I am backing the Dutchman to score more maximums though and it's hard to not do that when he managed 11 in his first round match. His finishing may not be the best in the world but nobody can doubt his scoring ability when he is playing well. Hamilton we will see hit his fair share of 180s as well, but he will hit more 140s than Van der Voort and also he will switch a fair bit more which helps this bet out so I fancy Van der Voort to repeat his outstanding scoring performance of the last round and hit more 180s than Hamilton this afternoon.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much agreed fishy. Taken one early one for Tuesday but am on my phone and the battery is low so will post it without a big write up but will do one tomorrow when I'm back on the laptop. 5pts T.Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Stompe 10/11 William Hill I've also heard the news about Co Stompe's hand and it doesn't sound too good so I'll take Jenkins here Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship PDC WC 21:15 Jenkins T. - Stompe C. ------------------------------ Jenkins - 1.47 nordicbet I seen Terry little by little sneaking thur this draw and wont be suprised to see him again somewhere in the semis, Jenkins is consistant and I like his play, on other hand Stompe isnt so much danger for Jenkins and his average was not so impresive in round one till Jenkins was just that consistant and hold a solid 95 to win easely! Jenkins has 6-2 floor win from this season he is 4-2 h2h schould IMO pass this one!

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Going with two in the afternoon might take one in the third match but will see. 4pts T.Jenkins -1.5 to bt Co Stompe 4/6 Betfred Not too much to add to what has already been said fancy Jenkins strongly to get the job done with ease here.Jenkins playing some really good darts and with the Dutchamn being bit by a dog on his throwing hand that surely wont help him here. 4 pts Burnett to bt Part 4/5 Corals Im all over the welshman here, in all honest Part was very average in his first round match, yes he won 3-0 but that was more down to the fact that Hendo was awful.Part might well raise his game here but dont think he will raise it enough to beat Burnett.Burnett is proberly playing the best darts he has ever played and his scoring will be too much for Part here i believe.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship

Very much agreed fishy. Taken one early one for Tuesday but am on my phone and the battery is low so will post it without a big write up but will do one tomorrow when I'm back on the laptop. 5pts T.Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Stompe 10/11 William Hill I've also heard the news about Co Stompe's hand and it doesn't sound too good so I'll take Jenkins here Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum
Just to expand on this and I'll go with one more. Terry Jenkins really impressed me in the first round in what looked like a real banana skin against Joe Cullen who pressed him hard last year. Co Stompe also came through a banana skin but Michael Smith will be the first to say that he never showed up in that match. I didn't think Stompe's scoring was too heavy and although he's often good around the end of a leg Jenkins has been scoring really well for the last couple of months or so. I fancied Jenkins to win this 4-2 at worst even prior to the news that Stompe's hand was bitten by a dog on Xmas eve. I understand he's throwing ok with it today but even so there must be times in the match where he feels it if it was swollen up to the point where they weren't short if he was going to be fit to play here. We saw in the Players Championship that if someone scores well against Stompe they put him under a lot of pressure and he struggles to find the leg on leg consistency in his scoring. I'm happy to be on Jenkins -1.5 sets here. 3pts J.Part to beat R.Burnett 6/5 Boylesports On form on both TV this year and what we've seen in this tournament Richie Burnett should win this match but I can't ignore the 7-0 head to head lead John Part has over the Welshman. Another thing I fear for Richie here is it will be like starting the tournament again for him after he played his first match on the opening night so he's had 12 days off. That means he could well feel that he still isn't in the tournament whereas Part played on the final night of the first round so he's in the better shape from that point of view. It's fair to say Henderson did an expected no show against Part but what I liked about Part's performance was he hit the big shots when he needed to and that's been a feature of his play throughout time. I really believe there is a lights out performance on TV from Part not too far away and the confidence of winning a match coupled with being outsider in this match could well inspire it to be here. It will be interesting to see how Burnett copes with being the favourite in this match but given that Part's drifted to a price which is bigger than I would have him I will take him as the value call with their head to head record in mind particularly when the closest Burnett has got to Part in their 4 matches in 2011 is 6-2.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship 5 Points Burnett most 180's @8/11 paddypower Was impressed with Burnett in the first round hitting 11 180's in 24 legs. Part only hit 1 maximum in 11 legs, granted he didn't have to get out of 2nd gear in his match. Just feel that you really don't know which John Part will turn up but Burnetts throw is more reliable and fairly confident he will hit most maximums.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Good session for kev and me personally with all the bets coming through apart from Van der Voort majorly outscored on the 180s by Hamilton. +11.94 for the afternoon session taking my overall to +28.13. Onto the evening session then and I'm taking 4. James Richardson vs Kim Huybrechts- Highest Match Checkout Over 125.5- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Price is slightly higher here than other bookies have it and I'm not really sure why. I personally would have still taken it at the 5/6 price that most have it so the marginally better price I really like. Both players should be really high on confidence after impressive wins in the first round. Huybrechts overcame Brendan Dolan in the first round but it's fair to say that the Irishman really didn't show up. Nonetheless I really like the way the Belgian took out his shots and he generally looked assured on his doubles. Richardson produced the shock of the first round by whitewashing Barney so he should be full on confidence coming into this one. In that match he took out 2 145 finishes and had a couple of other chances to take out big shots. I liked the way both players finished in the first round and I think we could see a pretty decent checkout in this match tonight. Dave Chisnall (+2.5 sets) to beat Phil Taylor- 11/8 Bet365- (3/10) Dave Chisnall Most 180s- 10/11 Blue Square- (3/10) Well a lot of this match will depends on how well Chisnall finishes. We all know about his scoring ability but it is his finishing that lets him down and often lets his opponent in to nick legs and eventually matches. He has though recently started to hit a few more doubles and if he can combine his heavy scoring with some good finishing he is well in contention against Taylor here. The Power hasn't really repeated that unstoppable form he showed in the Grand Slam as he should have been beaten by Jenkins in the Players Championship before King eventually did. Even in the first round against the Japanese qualifier Haruki Maramatsu he wasn't ultra ruthless or impressive in the opening couple of sets, averaging a touch under 95 before he rallied in the final set. The one thing you need to do against Taylor to stand any chance is score heavily and consistently, and that is certainly something Dave Chisnall can do. Although I would fancy Taylor to get the job done eventually and progress, I feel Chisnall will have enough darts at doubles providing he scores well and has more than a chance of taking at least a couple of sets in this one. Taylor only hit 2 maximums in his first round match and hasn't been scoring as heavily as he can do since his Grand Slam win. Even at the Players Championship he conjured up 6 maximums in his 2 matches and an in form Taylor would hit far more than that, so there are certainly questions about the Power's scoring at the minute. As any darts fan will know, Taylor will cover a fair few of his shots as well and head down to the 19s if he feels the line isn't right. Chisnall won't do that and will just look to pepper the lipstick continuously throughout the match. He should outscore Taylor for large periods of this match and although his finishing may not match up to Taylor's, his scoring ability is arguably a touch better, certainly at the minute it is and I'll back Chizzy to hit more maximums tonight. Paul Nicholson (-2.5 sets) to beat Alan Tabern- 6/5 Blue Square- (4/10) The Asset didn't look at his best in the last round against Suljovic but it's hard to really analyse how he is playing at the minute just from that game. He will be more than happy just to have come through it given Mensur's erratic darts and as James Wade found out last year, he isn't the easiest player to beat, let alone play well against. Alan Tabern has really struggled this year, both on the stage and on the floor and has really struggled to score well as we saw in his first round match. If he hadn't have hit some of the big checkouts he did, Perez could well have won that match and unless Tabern can score a whole lot better tonight, he will struggle. I reckon Nicholson will play a whole lot better tonight and if he gets going, he will really score well and Tabern in the form he has been in, could fall behind pretty early on. If Nicholson really wants to show what he is about, after just watching Taylor go out, he will win this comfortably I think, not dropping anymore than one set tops.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Decent afternoon all round by the looks of it. I'm +2.91 with the outright potential to really build on that but first of all I'm taking two tonight. 3pts K.Huybrechts (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Richardson 11/8 William Hill This price looks a bit big to me. I guess part of it is because James Richardson took out Barneveld in the first round but his average for the match was still below 90 and I don't recall him missing a load of doubles to bring it down. In fact he checked out at 45% so his average is a true average in the sense it wasn't lessened by a heavy series of missed doubles. However it isn't a completely true average because in the 9 legs he won he checked out 145 twice and 120. The two 145 checkouts, to make the first and third sets 2-2 were perfectly timed but they are not the sort of checkouts you can rely on game in game out. So I reckon 85ish was a truer average and I don't see that being good enough tonight. Kim Huybrechts had a similar average in his first round but that was understandable in a way because it was so easy for him. Dolan did a complete no show and it's hard to maintain your best darts when it's so easy. He may not need them tonight but I think Huybrechts has got a couple of gears he can move up into, which we saw at the European Championship, so with that in mind I think the Belgian will win this. Richardson not only has to up his game but he has to deal with all the media attention which will surround him after his win over Barneveld and he has to get himself up for a game he'll probably believe he should win too. As we've seen whenever anyone beats Taylor that's not an easy thing to do so it's the solid Belgian to me. 4pts P.Nicholson (-2.5 sets) to beat A.Tabern 6/5 Boylesports Paul Nicholson looked strangely subdued in the first round and whatever the reason was for it I would expect him to be better tonight. He played Suljovic in the first round and the Austrian isn't the easiest player to play against with his Mr Bean looks and his Coco the clown throwing style as James Wade found out last year. Even then though Nicholson was clinical when he needed to be and will just be glad to get through and move on from there. Alan Tabern was less than impressive in the first round and but for a load of ton plus checkouts he would've made even harder work of beating Christian Perez than he did and he made hard enough work as it was. Tabern can't keep relying on ton plus checkouts to win matches or even stay close in them. At some point he is going to have to find his old scoring and until he does I think he'll be cannon fodder to the better players on the big stage. I'm usually reluctant to back Nicholson on the big stage because he gives it the billy big bollocks then plays like he hasn't got any bollocks at all but he's not in the position to give it large at the minute. Instead he needs to knuckle down and play darts and if he does that I don't see Tabern taking two sets in the final match of the evening.

Just to expand on this and I'll go with one more. Terry Jenkins really impressed me in the first round in what looked like a real banana skin against Joe Cullen who pressed him hard last year. Co Stompe also came through a banana skin but Michael Smith will be the first to say that he never showed up in that match. I didn't think Stompe's scoring was too heavy and although he's often good around the end of a leg Jenkins has been scoring really well for the last couple of months or so. I fancied Jenkins to win this 4-2 at worst even prior to the news that Stompe's hand was bitten by a dog on Xmas eve. I understand he's throwing ok with it today but even so there must be times in the match where he feels it if it was swollen up to the point where they weren't short if he was going to be fit to play here. We saw in the Players Championship that if someone scores well against Stompe they put him under a lot of pressure and he struggles to find the leg on leg consistency in his scoring. I'm happy to be on Jenkins -1.5 sets here. 3pts J.Part to beat R.Burnett 6/5 Boylesports On form on both TV this year and what we've seen in this tournament Richie Burnett should win this match but I can't ignore the 7-0 head to head lead John Part has over the Welshman. Another thing I fear for Richie here is it will be like starting the tournament again for him after he played his first match on the opening night so he's had 12 days off. That means he could well feel that he still isn't in the tournament whereas Part played on the final night of the first round so he's in the better shape from that point of view. It's fair to say Henderson did an expected no show against Part but what I liked about Part's performance was he hit the big shots when he needed to and that's been a feature of his play throughout time. I really believe there is a lights out performance on TV from Part not too far away and the confidence of winning a match coupled with being outsider in this match could well inspire it to be here. It will be interesting to see how Burnett copes with being the favourite in this match but given that Part's drifted to a price which is bigger than I would have him I will take him as the value call with their head to head record in mind particularly when the closest Burnett has got to Part in their 4 matches in 2011 is 6-2.
There's only one Kevin Shatley,one Kevin Shatley,only one Kevin Shatley. A legend in the making,thanks u sir:drums:drums:notworthy:notworthy

Re: 2012 LADBROKES WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP.

I think you have got to like the look of the Field vs Taylor @ Evs with Stan James. Certainly no one can doubt Taylor pedigree, 15 World Titles, 60 something majors in the PDC and basically the best ever player to throw a dart. HOWEVER!!! He is beatable, particularly over the last year and even money for every other player in the tournament is some price. Taylor lost to Webster in last years World's, Lewis in the Premier League SF & Nicholson in the UK Open. Other players have run him very close and with the ever increasing number of top players in the PDC such as Lewis, Anderson, Wade, Webster, Chisnall, Nicholson & Pipe to name a few I think Even money is too good to turn down. Taylor will have to get through potentially Dudbridge/Chisnall, Hylton/A. Hamilton & Barney/Nicholson by the QF when it will be your pick of the other big guns. I think there is a definitely case for Taylor losing one of the earlier rounds and your money made well before the final!
Hope some ppl followed me on this tip? Great play by Chizzy tonight!

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Top work Fishy :clap:clap. And to everyone else who had winners on Tuesday :clap. 4/4 on Tuesday has put me up to +11.84 for the tournament with a number of outrights in good positions as Perry says. 2 for me on Wednesday afternoon. 3pts S.Whitlock (-2.5 sets) to beat S.Beaton 5/4 Skybet This match will be a real battle of the cripples. We know about Simon Whitlock's problems coming into this event but Steve Beaton has had keyhole surgery on his knee since his first round match so he's not exactly fully fit coming into this match either. Beaton was atrociously bad in his first round match against Magnus Caris in the first round. But for some pretty wrong crowd intervention Beaton would've been away and gone in this tournament but I don't think he'll get a second chance here. Of course he is likely to play a lot better here but he'll need to because Whitlock was on fire in the first round against Dennis Smith. He averaged a tournament best 105 in that match and really looked like he had the bit between his teeth. He needs to have too because he's defending £100k this week but he's got his eye on the Premier League too. This has never truly been Beaton's best venue. He's never been past the last 32 at the Alexandra Palace and I certainly don't think he'll win here unless Whitlock's foot becomes an issue. At 5/4 I'll have a small bet on Whitlock getting this job done quickly and for the loss of no more than one set which I think is perfectly possible should Whitlock produce the scoring power that he showed in his first round match. 5pts S.Rand (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Lloyd 7/5 Boylesports I think the odds on Rand to win this no worse than 4-2 are quite big here. He's the favourite for the match and quite rightly so and the best thing about taking him with the handicap is in almost all of his matches that we've seen him in be it here or in the Players Championship event prior to this tournament he has pushed on from the midway point in each match so even if Lloyd is close or even level after 4 sets, which I don't think he will be, but if he is then we know all is not lost. We also know that Lloyd is going to have to play very well to stay close in the first place. James Wade couldn't do it in the Players Championship and neither could Barneveld so I don't really see Lloyd doing it here. I took great notice of Rand stating that he's learned a lot from missing those doubles to beat Kevin Painter in Doncaster so I don't see him having any problems when the winning line approaches here. Colin Lloyd will come into this match with the confidence boost of a rare TV win these days and I'll give him credit he played very well against Darin Young but Young rather fell away in the second half of that match and as I've already stated I don't think Rand will do that. My big concern for Lloyd here is often on the big stage in the last 2-3 years when he's been faced with a pressurised double he's often been found wanting and Rand's scoring power is such that I think most of the doubles Lloyd attempts in this match will be under pressure. 'Cool Hand' Scott Rand seems to love playing on the stage. He thrives on it whereas I feel Lloyd becomes a bit timid on the stage and almost too aware of the distractions like the cameras and the bright lights. Rand embraces it all and I see him seeing Jaws off for the loss of no more than 2 sets in this one.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship 16:50 Lloyd C. - Rand S. ------------------------------ 1.68 - pinnacle Rand was just impressive in round one and that is just a continiuation of his good form following players championchipt. He blow it there in semi finals as it was cleary seen he can go to the end! Its early to blow it here its just the second round so expect Rand to be one more time on his best! Lloyd IMO has a lots of ups and downs and I see him having that kind of game today, so I will stick with ŽRand!

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship hi folks good to see that others followed me on the chisnall handicap bet. Having looked at the possble last 16 it strikes me that all remaining players have a real chance to win now have to say so far for me nicholson has looked impressive he upped his scoring against tabern. Just want to give my view on taylors exit, did anyone else notice how much his hand was shaking? thought it was adams for a while i have seen taylors hand shake before but only in high pressure points in certain games last night he was shaking like a dog shitting bones!. This could well be end of the power era, phil is the only player left from that era, and indeed we could also see the end of baxter, lloyd,sholten, barneveld mardle,beaton, and part as future tv event winners. Wouldve added panter who is from the same era but hs win in doncaster has saved him! The future of the game lies with anderson,lewis, wade, nicholson, monk, huybrechts who has looked impressive and i look forward to the future of the game and some real stonking battles

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Lewis v Jones (Jones @ 3/1). A big shout here but one ilm willing to make what chance the defending champ losing to the world number 13! Well a decent chance n my book. jones it'sfar to say has'nt had as good a year as last year. But he is a good player and don't thinl Aidy will be relishing this game.they have met at WC before Jones knocking out Lewis en route to a semi final that was Woody first PDC w c. So he has done it before, but to be fair back then Lewis was not the same consistently powerful scorer he is now. jones took care of sholten last time despite Sholten showing all the speed of a spastic snail whilst retrievng his darts. Obviously a tactic as i recall sholten doing it before. jones despite a scrappy frst set came through and was scorng well too. His all round game looks in secent nick and against lewis it has to be. but for me lews has looked vurnerable here and Jones could be just the man to dispose of Lewis and i think the price makes it worth backing

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Forum very much back with a bang after Christmas with a ton of winners and kev's outrights look pretty appealing now given the prices he got on them. Really good results from last night gave me +14.36 which takes the overall to +42.49 and we still have a fair way to go in the tournament yet. I'm off to the darts again tonight and the card looks like a cracker so really looking forward to that with Lewis, Anderson and Jenkins all playing. Taking 4 this afternoon though which should also be a pretty decent to watch and agreed with Kev on both. Mervyn King vs Michael van Gerwen- Over 5.5 sets- 8/11 Blue Square- (5/10) Wasn't going to take anything in this match as I still have King to win the quarter but this price looks decent enough for what I see as a pretty close match. Both in truth had it relatively easy in the first round with King failing to drop a leg against Geoff Kime, who struggled in front of the TV cameras and Van Gerwen beating an out of sorts Colin Osborne. Both players were solid in their wins though and both scored and finished well and if they do that today, we could see a really good game. King came into the tournament off the back of beating Phil Taylor last week at the Players Championship and by not dropping a single leg, his confidence should be sky high you'd feel. We've seen what Van Gerwen can do of late though, particularly at the Grand Slam so you really wouldn't want to call this match either way. I give the slight edge to King in this one and I hope he wins to keep the outright going but this could well go all the way to 7 sets. Whoever wins though, I'll back the loser to have won at least 2 sets come the end. Simon Whitlock (-2.5 sets) to beat Steve Beaton- 11/10 Sportingbet- (3/10) If this handicap was at the (1.5) line I'd be all over it like a rash but I've been quite tentative with this line. The underlining fact is if both players repeat their first round performance, Whitlock will win this 4-0 as the Aussie was the pick of the players in the first round whilst Beaton really struggled and but for the crowd, he wouldn't even be playing today. Kev has mentioned that the Bronzed Adonis has had keyhole surgery on his knee so he won't be 100% coming into this match and he won't have the crowd this time as his backup as Whitlock is a big crowd favourite. The Aussie is defending a lot of money this week and next, as well as playing for a Premier League spot so he will really want to make short work of Beaton, like he did against Denis Smith in the first round and give his ankle some more rest. This really hasn't been a happy venue for Beaton who hasn't made it past this stage at all at Ally Pally and I fancy Whitlock to dispose of him this afternoon with no more than 1 set lost. Scott Rand (-1.5 sets) to beat Colin Lloyd- 5/4 Bet365- (3/10) Colin Lloyd Most 180s- 13/8 William Hill- (3/10) I think the handicap bet is always a bet on Rand to win the match as I don't see him winning 4-3 given the way he plays when he finds his range. When he does that he can really rally and run away with matches like we saw in round one against Andy Smith. I was at that match and what impressed me most about Rand was how comfortable he looked and how he seems to love the big occasions in front of the cameras. For a player who hasn't had much experience on the big stage before, you really wouldn't be able to guess that given the way he walks on stage and really doesn't show any nerves when he is there, excluding those missed doubles against Painter the other week. Lloyd picked up a rare TV win in the first round against Darin Young and he did play well, but it must be said Young did go off the boil more and more as the match went on. The win would have given him confidence but he will have to play better to stay with a confident player in Scott Rand. Come the final score though I do expect Cool Hand to win this given his solid finishing and consistent scoring so I'll back him on the handicap at odds against. Although I fancy him to win the match, feel the odds are a little too high on Lloyd to hit more maximums here. Rand will be far more confident on the doubles I feel but Lloyd is still a pretty heavy scorer and can hit a fair few maximums I think. He managed 4 in his opening match and 8 140s to go with it, showing that he can find the lipstick quite frequently. Rand although he didn't lose a leg in the first round, managed 2 180s and can hit a lot more when he gets going as he peppers the lipstick. I do feel that the odds on Lloyd to hit more 180s are a tad high for my liking as he knows he will have to score well to stick with Rand in this one so I'll back Rand to come through in the end, but Lloyd to edge the match in terms of maximums.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Running late so keep it short and simple. 3 pts King v Van Gerwen highest match checkout over 125.5 5/6 Bet 365 These two are no strangers to big checkouts and in a match that could well be close there should be more than enough legs to bring this bet in. 3 pts Lloyd to bt Rand 5/4 sporting bet Might seem a surprise to most people but i see value in Lloyd here.These two played very similar in there first round matches but in truth the pieman was awful and Rand was free to do just as he pleased, in fairness he got the job done so couldnt do no more.But in a match that is quite even i feel the value lies with Lloyd.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Going to have to keep these really brief as I'm running late and I'm off to Ally Pally later on. Devon Peterson (+3.5 sets) to beat Gary Anderson- 8/13 Sportingbet- (5/10) Over 10.5 180s- 8/11 William Hill- (5/10) We saw Anderson just about make it through his first round match against Jyhan Artut but that match really summed the Scot up. Heavy scoring but prone to missing doubles. Peterson fought back well to beat Steve Brown so that should have given him some confidence going into this one. The South African can score well and with Anderson always likely to give him chances after missing doubles, I'd fancy him to take at least a set of Gary tonight. Anderson hit 8 maximums in his first round match and he could have hit a ton more whilst Peterson can score heavily as well. The line looks a tad low to me so overs as well. Adrian Lewis vs Wayne Jones- Over 11.5 180s- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Wayne Jones has impressed me this week as he isn't really known for his heavy scoring but he has hit 12 180s already in the tournament whilst Lewis has hit 13, really showing what a good return that is from the Wolverhampton man. Lewis hasn't been great in either match really and he may well have a fight on his hands tonight. I expect him to come through but Jones can win his fair share of legs and that should give both players plenty of time to cover this line. Terry Jenkins (-1.5 sets) to beat Justin Pipe- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Jenkins impressed me once more yesterday and he could have won far more comfortably than he eventually did but for some missed doubles in the final stages of the match. Towards the beginning of the match though he was pounding the lipstick and hitting everything within sight and should be fresh from yesterdays win. Pipe played before Christmas where he beat Wes Newton but if it wasn't for Newton's stupid antics on stage and pointing to his watch, he would have won that one. Expect Jenkins to be a lot more professional tonight and don't see him winning any worse than 4-2.

3 pts Lloyd to bt Rand 5/4 sporting bet Might seem a surprise to most people but i see value in Lloyd here.These two played very similar in there first round matches but in truth the pieman was awful and Rand was free to do just as he pleased, in fairness he got the job done so couldnt do no more.But in a match that is quite even i feel the value lies with Lloyd.
Nice call, Rand is more interested in pouting and grimacing towards the cameras than concentrating on the game.

Nice call' date=' Rand is more interested in pouting and grimacing towards the cameras than concentrating on the game.[/quote'] Even if there was even the remotest truth in that, which there isn't, he would probably still have won the match but for a superb 167 checkout. Excellent shouts this afternoon bertie mate :clap:clap.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship +8.59 for me now after a small loss on the afternoon and the King quarter bet going. More than happy with the 4 quarter runners I've got and the prices I'm on them at though and hopefully the next 2.5 days will be very lucrative from them. I'll take 3 tonight. 6pts G.Anderson vs D.Petersen - Over 10.5 180's 4/5 Skybet I think I would take this line at just about any price because it looks way too low to me. In what we can call and extended 6 sets of arrers last Wednesday night Devon Petersen hit 10 180's on his own so when you throw in the potential Gary Anderson has for hitting 180's this line just looks too low. Anderson was under pressure from the outset against Artut and yet he still managed to find his way to 8 180's so if he plays like we know he can then he could cover this line on his own too. The tournament has opened right up now and everyone will up their game in the belief that they can win the event and we saw that this afternoon. This line was covered in both matches where both players were fully fit this afternoon and there were only 5 sets in both matches. With these two heavy scorers in action here we may not even need the 5 sets I expect us to have to see this one home. I expect a lot of 180's on the course of the night and that can begin with at least 11 in the opener. 4pts W.Jones (+2.5 sets) to beat A.Lewis 10/11 Betfred 2pts W.Jones to beat A.Lewis 7/2 Betfred I'm going to side with the Wanderer in this match because I have been really impressed with his scoring power this week so far. He isn't really known as a 180 scorer so to have scored 12 of them in 8 sets is very much a sign that Jones is going well in this tournament. The downside if there is one is that he hasn't hit all his doubles and we know he can struggle on the pressure doubles but the very worst I expect him to do here is win two sets. I think that because it's all been a bit of a struggle for Lewis in this tournament so far. He should've been gone in the first round and Thornton almost took him to a deciding set in the second round so there is more than enough potential for Jones to take 2 sets here. I believe Lewis is struggling a bit with the pressure of defending this title. That's perfectly understandable because it isn't an easy thing to do. The fact on Phil Taylor has done that says it all about how hard it is but the last thing Lewis needs to be doing is listening to the criticism or the being written off words that are coming his way from Bristow and Harrington. Why anyone would listen to Harrington I've no idea but Lewis clearly has taken offence at being written off and he's trying too hard to prove people wrong. If he forgets that and relaxes he will win this but with the added pressure which comes with Taylor being out of the tournament coupled with the pressure he was already under defending the tournament if he doesn't relax and find his best darts he could come a Roy Cropper here. However Lewis plays I think Jones is playing well enough to win 2 sets but I'll take a chance that Lewis continues to struggle and if he does I think Jones has it in him to win this at a price which is around a point higher than I could make him on the form we've seen in this event so far.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship One for certain for me tonight looking at a couple of others but just the one for now. 4pts Lewis v Jones (lewis highest match checkout over 118.5 5/6 Paddy Power I feel Lewis might well step up a level tonight and to be honest he will proberly have to.But all things considered i feel Lewis in any sort of form will cover this nine times of ten in a best of seven set match.Adrian has covered this line in both his first and second round matches and i fully expect him to take out a 120 checkout at the very least tonight aswell.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Okay go on then one more 3 pts Pipe +1.5 to bt Jenkins 5/6 Betfred Must admit im a little bit worried for Terry tonight whilst he started like a house on fire in his last match his form tailed off considerably and i feel he does now struggle to keep his concentration over these longer matches.If he has any issues in that department Pipe will only highlight this tonight, was gonna take Pipe to win the match but in a match i feel will be close, i will take the 5/6 that Pipe takes at least three sets.