** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012 PDC World Darts Championship

theoldmaster

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Superb stuff from Wade and Part there, best match of the tournament so far and there has been some competition for that. +3.60 for me this afternoon with the checkout letting me down, as Huybrechts hit a 128 which was quite sickening but Part's comeback made up for it. This afternoon takes me to +41.83 for the tournament. Great stuff from Kev, only a 54pt profit from the afternoon :lol Tonight on paper looks an absolute cracker so let's hope it is. Effectively on Jenkins to win at 12/1 so not taking much in that match but I am in the first. Simon Whitlock to beat Gary Anderson- 7/4 Sportingbet- (3/10) Simon Whitlock (+1.5 sets) to beat Gary Anderson- (3/10) Gary Anderson Most 180s- 4/5 Ladbrokes- (5/10) Gary Anderson Over 10.5 180s- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (5/10) This has the potential to be an absolute fire cracker given the pace this match will be played at and the scoring ability of both players. I am backing Whitlock to come through it though and meet Hamilton in the semis despite this ongoing talk about his injury. However in the first few sets yesterday against Michael van Gerwen it didn't seem to hamper him much and although the youngster missed some doubles, Whitlock's finishing was extremely solid and the way he won the deciding set really impressed me about the Aussie as his ankle seemed okay even after 7 sets. He's scored heavily all week and his finishing has been superb which makes me really fancy him against the Scot. Anderson was superb against Lloyd yesterday, winning sets 2 and 3 in no time at all but it shouldn't be forgotten that Lloyd had a dart at D16 to take the first set. If he took it out the match could well have turned out differently but from then, Lloyd just didn't put enough pressure on Anderson, allowing him to take out his doubles with minimal fuss. Whitlock however will know Gary's game inside out and knows he will get his chances when the Scot misses his doubles and given the Aussie's finishing in the tournament so far, you'd back him to take advantage of those missed doubles from Anderson. We saw in round one against Artut that when he is under pressure to hit his doubles, he'll miss far more than he will hit and Whitlock has the ability to stay close to him with his scoring. His finishing though is usually far superior to Anderson and when the pressure is firmly on Anderson to hit his doubles, knowing Whitlock is just over his shoulder, I'm dubious to how he will cope so I'll have a bit of Whitlock on the handicap and for the win tonight. I can't ignore the 2 180 markets available here. Even though when it comes down to the doubles Whitlock will be more clinical, Anderson's ability to find the lipstick is second to none. He has hit 29 maximums in the tournament so far, and 21 in his last two matches which is phenomenal in truth, especially considering he's only played 11 sets in that time. Whitlock is also a big 180 scorer but he hits a lot more 177s and 174s than Anderson as he switches a bit more. In his previous 2 matches, he hit 5 maximums against Beaton and 12 against Van Gerwen in 7 sets yesterday which is impressive, but still not as prolific as Anderson and although I secretly fancy the Aussie to do a job on the Scot here, Anderson to hit at least 11 maximums and outscore Whitlock on the 180s front looks pretty good to me given how he has scored in the past few days. Adrian Lewis vs Terry Jenkins- Over 15.5 180s- 8/11 Coral- (4/10) Like the match before it, this could be a belter as well. Jenkins in my opinion, perhaps alongside Whitlock, has been the player of the tournament so far and has a chance in this match if he keeps scoring like he has been as his finishing is usually pretty solid. Lewis really hasn't produced the darts he did when he won here last year and was lucky to get past round one. He has played slightly better since then but I think he will know he is going to have to up his game significantly to beat the Bull here and that will mean scoring far more heavily that he has done up to this point. Lewis hit 6 maximums against Thornton and then 5 against Wayne Jones which although isn't bad, Lewis will be extremely disappointed with those stats and will want to hit almost double that amount tonight I'd imagine. We all know what he is capable of doing when he is playing well and if he gets going for a few sets, he could score in the region of 8/9 180s in that time which I think he will have to do at some point given the way Jenkins has played. Jenkins has scored well in the tournament and has managed 13 maximums in his previous 2 matches. I personally give Jenkins the edge here if both players play how they have been doing, but I fancy Lewis to step it up a bit tonight, simply because he knows he has to. I reckon this could well be a pretty lengthy match in truth and it could lead to another super match to watch. If this match does have a lot of legs in, and at least 7/8 sets, I feel that should be enough time for us to see 16 maximums scored by the two players here.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship What a quality afternoon of darts that was. That Part vs Wade match is exactly what this sport is all about. If tonight's half as good as that match we'll be in for something really special. Hamilton done the business for me this afternoon and there were 40 odd legs in the second match so +54 for the afternoon and +71.72 overall now. Am on Jenkins at 12/1 tonight so not going too mad with that match. Not going too mad at all really but I'll take 3. 3pts S.Whitlock to beat G.Anderson 7/4 Bet365 4pts Over 19.5 180's 10/11 Paddy Power I keep thinking Simon Whitlock's leg will cause him a problem but he's played slow players and fast players and has seemed fine with it so I'm going to bet here with that out of the equation and if he plays like he has been so far this week I think he has every chance of winning this quarter final. He's already mentioned in this tournament how he is driven by the Premier League and defending as much of that £100k he's set to lose as possible and he's shown that on the oche. He has scored wonderfully well and his finishing has been back to the level that it was when he was runner up here in 2010. Gary Anderson was lights out against Lloyd but Lloyd let him be in many ways because he didn't pressure him at all. Whitlock will score well so there will be a lot more pressure on Anderson's doubles tonight and as we all know that can often be a problem with him. I do think Anderson will play well tonight. He looks to be that bit more focused than we've seen him and that's been the case since Taylor went out but Whitlock, along with Jenkins and Hamilton, has been right up there as the ones to watch this week. At 7/4 I think he's got a fantastic chance tonight. Both men hit 22 180's between them in the last round and I see this one going 5-3 or 5-4 so that will give two heavy scorers plenty of time to smash the 60 to pieces tonight. These two have both scored 58 180's in their runs to the last two finals of this competition so we know they both hit the 180's. The pace of this match and the quality of it makes this a potential corker but I think Whitlock will just about have enough about him on his doubles to win this. 4pts A.Lewis vs T.Jenkins - Over 7.5 sets 6/5 Skybet I don't want to go too much on this match but I do think it will be something of a cracker and I expect it to be pretty tight. Lewis won't want to let his title go without a fight while Jenkins has looked full of quality all tournament and has won many quarter finals so knows how to get the job done. We haven't seen the best of Lewis yet this week and I don't think we will here either such is the pressure he'll be under. Lewis has scored consistently enough but his doubles have been the impressive thing this week. Jenkins has scored very strongly and he too has finished well so I see this being another tight, tense match and a match which will be won no easier than 5-3.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Just like to reiterate what everyone's saying.Both Fishy and Kev have been outstanding.I've been making a consistant profit for the past 3/4 months since I started following each of your bets.I think I'm speaking for everyone here when I say,I for 1 owe u guys more than a few pints if we ever meet,thanks:clap

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship What a great day of darts that was! Shame Terry Jenkins couldnt beat Lewis in that match though! Would have loved to have seen Terry go a step further. Just read afew of the posts and would like to congratulate everyone on their tips, have been fantastic, real shame ive only just come across the thread as I definately would have followed you! You say youve been following Kev and Fishy for afew months now? Apart from this thread where can I see their betting tips as it looks as though they are brilliant. Also what a match Part Vs Wade was! Looking forward to the semi's on Sunday, hopefully Wade can stop Lewis; not a big fan of his.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship

What a great day of darts that was! Shame Terry Jenkins couldnt beat Lewis in that match though! Would have loved to have seen Terry go a step further. Just read afew of the posts and would like to congratulate everyone on their tips, have been fantastic, real shame ive only just come across the thread as I definately would have followed you! You say youve been following Kev and Fishy for afew months now? Apart from this thread where can I see their betting tips as it looks as though they are brilliant. Also what a match Part Vs Wade was! Looking forward to the semi's on Sunday, hopefully Wade can stop Lewis; not a big fan of his.
There is a separate thread for each televised event, just scroll back through the older 'other sports' threads for more success stories :ok

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Some unrreal picks throughout the thread, I'll single out Kev & Fishy for the moment, but there has been some absolute gems from all who looked in/posted. My thoughts for the rest of it: Whitlock should be favourite for this; and at the prices he is a slight bit of value. Considering he is best price 1/2 (v Hamilton) Sunday, and imo should go off (8/11 or 4/5) fav against either of Lewis/Wade; with his game the way it is; 6/4 is about the right price (5/2 around). If he even went off a 6/5 underdog against Lewis or Wade, his price still works out at 23/10 and with 5/2 out there; it is a small value.

I think there is good value in Wade at 5/4 to beat Lewis considering he owns him! Something like a 10-1 TV record!
The majority of these matches were in a shorter format. The only comparable previous meetings would be the Grand Prix Final 2010 and the Matchplay Semi's of 2007 & 2011. With the GP being Double-in and the Matchplay being a leg format; it is conceivable that these played into Wade's hands. Lewis should be a lot closer this time, but I have to agree that Wade is possibly a bit too big at 5/4.

The majority of these matches were in a shorter format. The only comparable previous meetings would be the Grand Prix Final 2010 and the Matchplay Semi's of 2007 & 2011. With the GP being Double-in and the Matchplay being a leg format; it is conceivable that these played into Wade's hands. Lewis should be a lot closer this time, but I have to agree that Wade is possibly a bit too big at 5/4.
I was referring more to the mental effect and the confidence Wade can draw from the record, rather than a direct comparison to format. Kev mentioned it when picking Part to beat Burnett in round 2 and Part himself said in interview after that knowing Burnett hadn't beaten him in 2011 was a massive boost to his self belief before the game. I would think Wade could use his excellent record against Lewis in the same way or his management could remind him of it should Wade enter a break in the match, behind and needing positive reinforcement....

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship +73.77pts overall now going into the final two days. Little bit disappointed Jenkins couldn't get in front of Lewis because if he had I think he'd have taken him. Anyway onto the semi finals which should be special. I'll go with 5 in total. 3pts A.Hamilton to beat S.Whitlock 2/1 Betfred 5pts A.Hamilton Over 9.5 180's 5/6 Boylesports 4pts Over 36.5 legs 5/6 Skybet I have to say I've really enjoyed watching Andy Hamilton this week. Yes having a big priced bet on him helps that but as well as a darts punter I'm an avid fan of the sport too and he is the one who has played the best darts for me all week and he took it to another level against Huybrechts in the quarter final. To come out and slam in 10 180's and a 102 average less than 24hrs after winning a match which carried a bit of hype after the Chisnall win over Taylor was a fantastic effort and even though I was still on Jenkins outright at the time I thought Hamilton showed darts in that match that said to me he's going all the way here. He scored metronomically well and finished solidly and rather than get scared when the finish line approached he smashed through it. It's kind of funny mentioning the winning line there because it will have a massive factor to play in this match because you can get your last penny Simon Whitlock will think back to the Matchplay at some point on Sunday. Someone will mention it to him or it will come to him when he's on stage or something but he will think about it. To be fair to Whitlock he's played some fantastic darts this week as well. I think he was a bit flattered by the scoreline against Anderson but we've seen for 2 years if you give him chances he'll take them. I thought Whitlock was outplayed by Michael van Gerwen in the round before that though but the Dutchman just had a mare on his doubles. I don't see Hamilton having that here and I do expect him to continue his heavy scoring and there's no logical factor that says to me he's a 2/1 shot in this match. I wouldn't have him too much more than an even money shot if I'm honest. However the result goes here one thing Hamilton will do is bang in the 180's and he has a habit of timing them to perfection. I expect him to nail at least 10 of them and if this match has the legs I think it will have he will probably hit 15+. We've got two scrappers here. Whitlock fights for his life, Whitlock knows Hamilton's never beaten so this one just looks like it will have a long running time. 9 sets could quite easily cover a 36.5 line while 10 definitely will. These two score too well for there to be a ridiculous amount of broken throws. I expect this to be a lengthy affair but when you look into Hamilton's eyes and listen to him speak in his interviews he's here to win. He believes he can win this thing and I'm full of belief he can too. Hamilton to win what could turn into another TV classic between these two for me. 6pts J.Wade to beat A.Lewis 5/4 Stan James 4pts Highest Checkout - Over 130.5 3/4 Boylesports I really fancy James Wade in this semi final. I was so impressed with him in that epic quarter final. So often when you get into a scrap with John Part there's only one winner and there was a time in that match where I thought Part had him right where he wanted him but every single time Wade's back was against the wall he came out and produced the darts of a class act which he most definitely is. When Part hit the 167 finish Wade came out and controlled the next two sets. When Part went 4-3 up Wade broke throw immediately and when Part broke for 3-2 in the deciding set Wade broke straight back and the 85 finish in the final leg with Part waiting to win the match on a tops he'd suddenly stopped missing was one of the all time great finishes, every bit as good as Barneveld's 97 in Bolton to take Taylor out a couple of years ago and Part's 77 to beat Taylor in this. Wade was taken to the trenches and he fought really hard and that will have done so much for him. I contrast that to Lewis' match with Jenkins and fair play to the reigning champ, of whom I'm a huge fan of and have been since he stepped into the PDC, he was unplayable for 3 sets. Jenkins did nowt wrong and was 3-0 down before he blinked but when Jenkins started coming back at Lewis we saw a bit of the shoulder, a reddening of the face, interaction with the crowd and frustration with his darts - all the things which have held Lewis back in the past. At 3-3 I'll be honest I thought he was gone and but for a number of wired doubles from Jenkins he could've been but credit where it's due Lewis battled hard even though he never really flowed in the last 5 sets and he got the job done. He then went into an interview and dismissed James Wade from this semi final 'because he hasn't won the world title'. That may be true but he's won 6 major tournaments and he's as experienced as they come in getting the job done in televised tournaments. I'll tell Lewis now if Wade gets a shot for the match here he ain't missing it. I think Wade wins this match. Not only does he have the indian sign over Lewis, in fact he's so dominant he may as well take a rabbit's costume down with him to give to Lewis to wear with the word's 'I'm your bunny' written on it. 10-1 on TV and in every major championship they've played in Wade's won. The Grand Prix final last year, curse in play admittedly, Wade wins 6-3. The Matchplay semi earlier this year, a match which Lewis again wrote Wade off in prior to it because he hasn't won this title, Wade wins 17-10 going away, the Matchplay semi in 07, Wade wins 17-7. Not only does Wade win but Lewis doesn't even get close. He might get close in this match but I think Wade wins because Lewis wanders all over the place mentally. He'll get involved in the crowd interaction at some point and will be distracted and Wade will be monotonous in his ways like you would expect from someone called the Machine and I fully expect Wade to win this. I expect some high checkouts in the match too. Both men are averaging around 94 for their tournament average this week so neither are producing the lights out scoring they can do so at some point I think a big checkout will go. If they were scoring well they might be down in the 120's after 9 darts but that won't always be the case here. Both men took out big shots in their quarter final. Wade took out a 140 and watched a 167 go against him while Lewis took out a 136. Something like that will go here too I reckon in a match Wade wins to make his first world final in.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Simon " The Wizard " Whitlock 2/5 vs Andy "Hammer" Hamilton 2/1 I can't understand this prices at all. Whitlock has been playing well, but the Hammer is a step above him in this comp. Whitlock averaged 96.42 and 42 % checkout against Beaton, 95.84 and 47 % against MVG and 95.24 and 42 % against Anderson. It looks good, but the Hammer has been playing better. 95.69 and 42 % against VDV, 99.08 and 50 % against Chizzy and 102.04 and 46 % against Huybrechts. That is outstanding Darts, those averages and checkouts are good enough to beat Whitlock with a bit to spare. Hamilton has cruised through this comp, his double finishing has made sure of that. He is a natural on the stage in my opinion and Whitlock will hold no fears. Whitlock has done well and has surprised me in fairness. MVG came back at him when he had no right to and thats a worry. I just think when it comes to the crunch, The Hammer will have too much and the 2/1 available is outstanding value. I had The Hammer at 50/1 to win his 1/4 as well

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship My thoughts: Wade v Lewis Probably play this inrunning. IF Lewis has his head on right and doesnt let the crowd get to him he should be ok but I see this going alot of sets though. I'm hoping for Dellor to get into Lewis ear before and keep him straight. Part match may have taken alot out of Wade but he did say he wanted testing. Hamilton v Whitlock The Hammer disappears at times and is prone to hitting a wall. What with the previous with these two, I fancy Whitlock the better to overcome the nerves the both of them will be feeling. Two very good match ups perhaps not even worth a bet and just enjoy the show.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship I think Wade has got an extremely good chance against Lewis, odds against against a guy he's got a 10-1 head to head with is pretty incredible. Neither men have played their best darts this year though and their tournament averages show this. I'd be pretty surprised if either Lewis or Wade beat the 97 and 98 averages skybet are offering at 1.83. Think I'll go unders for both. Just got to hope the semi final doesn't bring out the best in them!

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship LEWIS V WADE LEIWIS OVER 11.5 180's @10/11. Have to say i agree with the consensous tha Wade will win this one. the head to head figures are damning. and much as i hate to admit it i would agree that Wade is the value bet. Another intriguing factor is that these two are'nt exactly buddies remenber the set-to they had in Dublin in 2010. That mutual dislike is still there, i am not a fan of Wade i've made that clear on here plenty of times before, but i cincur with all written on here about him he does have a tendancy to score the odd 45, 26, kind of score that Lewis is not so guilty of. But he is by far the more solid finisher of the pair. Anyway sorry for dygressing, on to my bet this for me is an astoundingly low line we all know that Lewis is up there with Anderson and Chisnall with scoring power and in this tournament his tally stands at 24 for maximums, i would expect him to have a couple of scoring bursts that he is prone on having and if he does then he should hande this line i would expect at least 9 sets here,and if that is the case then surely this is a gimmee, Just a quick word on the Hamilton v Whitlock game, i have alseo taken the hammer to win this as mentioned before Van Gerwen had Whitlock on the ropes but his inability to hit doubles cost him that game, and also in the Anderson game there was a spell when Witlock had a poor spell and if Andesron had been anywhere near half decent on his finishes he would have taken at least another set, so Whitlock HAS shown sa weakness this week, he also has the memory of the Hamilton comeback in Blackpool and that is going to be on his mind no matter what he may say before the contest starts, whilst thier averages and finishing percentages are pretty similar,Whitlock has played Anderson and Van Gerwen who are renowned for thier erratic doubling, but he is up against a better quality of player tonight he allows the hammer the chance he will take it and i expect the hammer to win here don't expect many breaks of throw and this being the case the 180s line mentioned by others and number of legs should be winners. happy new year and heres to 2012 being a poor one for the bookies

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship You could make an argument for any of tonights semi finalists getting through, they are all quality and don't know when they are beat! Lewis v Wade- I have gone for Wade + 2 sets (4/9 PP), normally like betting with Lewis, but feel he is prone to losing his head with the crowd, fighting the crowd and trying to beat James Wade isn't a a good fight to pick. Whitlock v Hamilton- Pressure's does funny things to sportsmen, had Anderson played anything like his best against Whitlock he may have wobbled, its all if's and butts, lets put some money down, going on the safe side again Hamilton + 3 sets (4/11 pp) so a double Wade +2 sets and Hamilton +3 sets , crate of stella, the missus upstairs out of the way, tele to myself, if Carlsberg did nights in! :cheers

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship 5pts - Hamilton v Whitlock - over 20.5 180's @ 2.00 Sportingbet I think this is a great price for a line I think is too low. Other bookies have this set at over 21.5 180's @ 1.83. I think this is a match that should have enough legs to see both players contributing a large chunk towards this line. Both score heavily enough to hold their own throws and if we can get 8 or 9 sets then I think we should see this covered. Hamilton hit 11 in 7 sets v Huybrechts, and 6 in 4 sets v Chisnall Whitlock hit 8 in 6 sets v Anderson, and 12 in 7 sets v Van Gerwen If we get the match I'm hoping for then this line could well get smashed out of the park. :ok

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Just a couple of days left now with the semis tonight and the final tomorrow so let's hope they are all cracking matches like we've seen so far in the tournament. My personal overall stands at +40.98 with a couple of outrights still going. I'm effectively on Lewis at about 4/1 tonight to beat Wade and still have him for the most 180s in the tournament which he still has a shot at so really hope he wins tonight but will go into that in due course. I'm having 5 tonight, as I'm sure to be watching behind the sofa to see if Lewis can record a rare win over Wade. Andy Hamilton vs Simon Whitlock- Over 38.5 Legs- Evens Blue Square- (4/10) Andy Hamilton Over 10.5 180s- Evens Ladbrokes- (3/10) Simon Whitlock Checkout % Under 45.5- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Like the other semi, I've kept changing my mind about who I fancy to win this semi so I've stayed clear of the outright but have taken these 3. Ladbrokes are offering all kind of weird and wonderful markets which looked to be priced up about right but did make me laugh at seeing what kind of stuff they have available, presumably because they sponsor the event. Hamilton seems to have gone from strength to strength as the tournament has gone in and he averaged over a ton against Kim Huybrechts in the quarter final, which is a super effort from the Hammer and he is in with a real shot of getting to the final. He's scored well all tournament, and his finishing has been for the majority of the time solid as you're ever likely to see in a big tournament. We saw how Paul Nicholson struggled to cope with all the hype about Huybrechts girlfriend but Hamilton looked like a man on a mission and it seemed to me that nothing was going to stop him. He scored 11 180s against the Belgian in just 7 sets which just underlines how well he is scoring this week and he has the ability to push Whitlock all the way tonight you feel if not one better and win the match. Whitlock has perhaps exceeded all expectations by reaching the semis as he can barely practice and apparently his ankle isn't getting any better. He beat Anderson comfortably but that was largely down to the Scot's inability to hit key doubles and crucial times. If he had, Whitlock could well have struggled like he did against Van Gerwen where but for a good final set, he would have been out of the tournament. You do feel tonight though at some stage he will think back to that match earlier in the year at the Matchplay where he let that huge lead slip and went on to lose the match, I think it's only natural he will so nerves could well creep into the Aussie's game at some point. Both of these players will feel they will never have a better chance of winning the World Championship than this year and will fight and scrap for everything. I'm not expecting too many breaks of throw to be honest as both score well so I'd imagine there will be a fair few 3-2 sets, probably most going with the darts. I expect 9 sets minimum tonight, but if it went further than that tonight, it wouldn't be any surprise and even if it went to a final set you wouldn't bet against it. Both players will hold their throw enough though and if we see those 9/10 sets, I expect we will see at least 39 legs in this one at a decent price. In that time period, it will helps these other 2 bets significantly I feel. As mentioned, Hamilton hit 11 maximums in just 7 sets in his quarter final and has been finding the lipstick consistently through the tournament. He is capable of hitting one at anytime, and usually times them to perfection and hits one when he needs to so 11 180s doesn't look too taxing for the Hammer to cover given how he has scored up to this point. Now people might be calling me crazy for backing against Whitlock's finishing ability and I agree, it is extremely solid but I'm a bit dubious about it tonight. He still is talking about this ankle and I know it hasn't affected him much so far, but one key thing is he has never been behind for very long, only when he lost that first set to Anderson. His ankle won't be a problem when he is winning, but if Hamilton gets going early on, thoughts of the injury could well creep into his mind. Even when he was cruising against Anderson, his checkout % was only at the 42 mark and Hamilton will keep it far closer than Anderson did as the Hammer can hit his doubles well. One big thing that makes me lean towards the unders though is that Matchplay result earlier on in the year. At some point, not sure when during the match, but at some point Whitlock must remember what happened. Whether it be when he is under pressure from Hamilton or nearer the finish line, I expect it to play a part. That will lead to his hand shaking and he won't be as solid on the doubles as he has been in the tournament. No question he will hit his fair share, and could even win the match, but I don't expect him to be as prolific on his doubles in a lengthy affair like this. Adrian Lewis (-3 180s) to score more than James Wade- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (6/10) James Wade Under 8.5 180s- 5/6 William Hill- (3/10) Not taking anything remotely related to outrights or handicaps in this match but I do really hope Lewis pulls through. I can see why people are going for Wade given the head to head majorly in his favour and Lewis hasn't really been at his best consistently throughout the tournament but if he plays how he did against Terry Jenkins at the start of the match, Wade won't be able to keep up. My main worry will be the crowd involvement in this one as Lewis in his post-match interview after his quarter final match spoke about how unhappy he was with the booing and what not and that's what let to his game dropping after the first 3/4 sets. His manager Keith Deller must have told him after the match to not get involved as that could really give Wade the edge here and no question he will look to use that to his advantage. Whether Lewis does ignore them tonight we will have to see but he will need to throw the darts that he did early on against Jenkins to beat Wade who must be full of confidence after beating Part in that sudden death leg. I'm not going to bother talking too much about the actual matchup as that's not what these bets are backing so I won't bother but I do hope Lewis can come through this one and look to defend his title tomorrow night. Aside from the winner of the match, my main interest is towards the 180s from both players. Lewis has spoken about how he really wants to hit more maximums as by his own standards, he really hasn't been hitting all too many so far in the tournament. However against Jenkins he was finding the lipstick with ease early on, and went on to hit 11 in total in the match. I say he hasn't hit that many, but that is by his own prolific high standards. He has hit the fourth most in the tournament still and isn't far behind Gary Anderson who has hit the most and if his scoring against Jenkins was anything to go by, it looks as though he should get into double figures at the very least tonight. It's highly possible by my estimations that he could well hit something like 20 tonight if he really fancies it, if not anything for any other reason than to get the crowd off his back a bit and show them why he is the world champion. I've taken the unders on the 180s in a fair few of James Wade's matches and I think all of them have come through. Partly because he wasn't really tested before he played Part, but also because he doesn't hit tons of maximums. He has hit 17 in the tournament so far in 21 sets which isn't the set to maximum ratio of a heavy 180 scorer. He did hit 9 against John Part in his last match, but that was in 9 sets, and given it went to sudden death, it's essentially 10 sets in terms of setplay. Lewis hit 11 in just 8 sets which firmly shows the scoring difference between the two guys. We'll see Wade hit more 140s and 137s perhaps than Lewis but as I've said, I expect Lewis to be hitting double figures tonight with the 180s and I see no reason why he won't hit at least 4 more maximums than Wade. I'm also just having a little punt on Wade's personal maximums total as it looks a touch high to me. He hit 9 against Part, and I don't expect this match to have as many legs as that match did, regardless of who wins it so I'll back Wade to hit no more than 8 180s in the match tonight.

5pts - Hamilton v Whitlock - over 20.5 180's @ 2.00 Sportingbet I think this is a great price for a line I think is too low. Other bookies have this set at over 21.5 180's @ 1.83. I think this is a match that should have enough legs to see both players contributing a large chunk towards this line. Both score heavily enough to hold their own throws and if we can get 8 or 9 sets then I think we should see this covered. Hamilton hit 11 in 7 sets v Huybrechts, and 6 in 4 sets v Chisnall Whitlock hit 8 in 6 sets v Anderson, and 12 in 7 sets v Van Gerwen If we get the match I'm hoping for then this line could well get smashed out of the park. :ok
Job done on the 180s going into the final set :cigar A great game of darts, and fingers crossed the next one could be even better.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Hi folks, i have followed this thread with interest and is the first one i have followed. Thanks for some great tips/insights guys, making this a profitable tournament for me Will there be a seperate thread for the BDO coming up as i really dont know enough about the players because of lack of TV coverage etc? I'm looking forward to the final, and cant believe i didnt jump on that Hamilton first quarter bet. Cheers.:clap

Hi folks, i have followed this thread with interest and is the first one i have followed. Thanks for some great tips/insights guys, making this a profitable tournament for me Will there be a seperate thread for the BDO coming up as i really dont know enough about the players because of lack of TV coverage etc? I'm looking forward to the final, and cant believe i didnt jump on that Hamilton first quarter bet. Cheers.:clap
There will indeed Raymie. I'll get that started once this tournament finishes :ok. :welcome to PL :ok