** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012 PDC World Darts Championship

theoldmaster

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship 5pts Lewis Vs Thornton - {Over 10.5 180s} 1.72 bet365 Thornton scores alot of 180s, Lewis scores even more. Together these two racked up 12 in round 1 so this should be covered easy. 3pts Newton {-1.5 vs Pipe} 1.66 Bet365 Newton the far better player, and the better form of the two aswell in my opinion. Would only have to win 4-2 so perhaps only have to break once. I see more 4-1. Average for Pipe 88. Average for Newton 93 in R1. 3pts Jones {-1.5 vs Scholten} 4/6 Paddy Again same reason as above. I see a far more classy player in Jones. Hit an impressive 94 average R1 compared to Scholtens very average 83 and can hit the doubles far more regular

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship one more because im at a Rhianna concert tomorrow night haha 3pts Jones most 180s vs Scholten - 5/4 Skybet Seems a great price to me as I don't expect much from Scholten. In round 1 Jones got 8 180s, but 11 140s also and Scholten got 7 180s and only 6 140s. I see this as cracking value.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship 5pts - Lewis v Thornton - over 11.5 180's @ 2.00 William Hill I'm with you on the 180s shout Fader but I am going to try and squeeze out 1 more for the slightly better price. As mentioned already Thornton hit 5 in his 3-1 over Ian White, while Lewis who was far from his best managed to hit 7 in his 3-2 win over Nigel Heydon. If Lewis blows Thornton away and wins this 4 nil then that would mean he would be playing some of his best darts and he could easily score the three 180s required per set to cover the line. However I expect Thornton to give Lewis a decent game tonight at take at least one set. That means we are looking at 2.4 180's per set. I think this is cracking value on a line which I expect Lewis to get close to covering on his own. :ok

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Wasn't the greatest session I've ever been to at the darts last night until the match between Brown and Peterson turned into a cracker. Rand looked like he owned the stage as Louis Walsh would say, and Whitlock, well I didn't expect him to play that well. Strange to see a guy who needed help getting on/off the stage come in with a ton plus average. Only worry would be when he gets into the longer matches and he has to stand for prolonged periods but last night he blew Smith away in truth. Anyways +2 units for me last night taking the overall to +24.20. Second round tonight and taking similar bets in all 3 matches. Wayne Jones (-1.5 sets) to beat Roland Scholten- 4/6 Bluesquare- (6/10) Over 10.5 Total Match 180s- Evens Bluesquare- (4/10) Don't see Jones dropping more than a couple of sets here at worst considering how he is playing at the minute. The man from Wolverhampton has had a really consistent last 6/7 months to the season after a slow start and has shown he can mix it with the top players in the past. He's been impressive in the TV events recently, making it to the last 16 of both the Players Championship and the Grand Slam, an event he took by storm in 2010. He was again impressive in his first round match, averaging near enough 95 which is a decent effort and was always comfortable despite his finishing not being great. Scholten said after his win against Jamie Caven in the first round that his shoulder still isn't 100% but he should have gained some confidence after that win. When looking into the match in greater detail though, he didn't have to play that great to win the match. He averaged a shade under 84 and that was with him hitting 7 180s in the process, showing how many sloppy visits he had to the board. Jones can score heavily like Scholten but the difference is Jones will be far more consistent and over potentially 7 sets, although I don't see it being anymore than 5, that consistency that Jones possesses should see him through fairly comfortably so I'll back him on the handicap. I do expect us to see at least 11 maximums in this match which although may look high at first glance, looks pretty reasonable to me. In the first round, together they combined to hit 15 so I don't really see why the line is set this low. Both players played 4 sets in their openers, and I expect this one to last for 5 or 6 sets which should give them plenty of time to rack in the maximums. Scholten isn't the player he used to be, but is still a pretty heavy scorer when he finds his range, and if he puts the first two darts into the lipstick, he'll usually follow suit with the third. He actually hit more 180s than 140s in his match against Caven emphasizing that fact. Jones as he has shown will score his fair share as well so I think we'll see 11 maximums at the very least in this match. Adrian Lewis (-2.5 sets) to beat Robert Thornton- 10/11 Sportingbet- (4/10) Over 10.5 180s- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Similar bets to the first match really albeit with a slightly larger handicap for Lewis to cover. I expect Keith Deller would have had some strong words to say to Lewis after he narrowly scraped through against Nigel Heydon in the first round as he was completely outplayed for the first two sets before he finally got going and did well to come back and win. He will know he has to play better to have any chance of making it out of his quarter, let alone attempt to retain his Championship and I do expect him to play alot better tonight. Fair play to Jackpot, he still averaged 96 in the first round which isn't disastrous by any means but I have a feeling he might get into the 3 figures tonight and show us why he is so hard to beat when playing well. Robert Thornton has been quiet in the TV events for a fair bit now but he'll have gained confidence with a good win over Ian White in the first round. His average was in the 90s as well which was pleasing to see as when he plays well, he scores heavily and is really good to watch. The thing with the Scot is that once things aren't going his own way, he will start to shake his head and beat himself up and that could well play a factor tonight. Even if he leaves himself a nice little 2 darter to finish the leg, Lewis is more than capable of taking out a big checkout which will hurt Thornton and it's debatable to how he'll pick himself up if something like that happens. His main strength lies in his heavy scoring but Lewis will match, if not better him so Thornton will have to play out of his skin to really trouble Lewis tonight, and given his recent form on the stage, it's hard to see that happening. Lewis beat him 4-1 12 months ago and a similar score will see the handicap through. I'm backing the overs again on the maximums as it looks low to me once more. In that match 12 months ago, there were 13 180s hit in 5 sets between the two, and combining the first round maximums of the two players, there were 12. As has been mentioned, Lewis wasn't at his best against Heydon but still managed 7, and if he really plays well, he could go near to covering the line on his own. Thornton though will certainly contribute and hit some so even if this does only last 4 or 5 sets like I expect it to, we should see a bunch of maximums hit. Wes Newton vs Justin Pipe- Over 9.5 180s- 4/5 Coral- (4/10) Highest Match Checkout Over 125.5- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Carrying on the tradition of backing the overs on the 180s front as once more, it looks to be on the low side to me. Both have varying speeds when they are throwing, but they are both pretty fluent and heavy scorers when they get going. What I like about taking the overs here though which makes this match differ from the other two previous games before it, is that I don't see either play running away with it. Lewis and Jones could well win pretty easily I'd say but I don't see either of these guys doing that. I do expect Newton to have too much for Pipe in the end given Pipe has yet to transfer his form on the floor to the stage but he is more than capable of making this really tight. I really think this could be a marathon, that helped by Pipe taking until after Christmas to finish throwing his 3 darts but we could well see 6 or even 7 sets in this one tonight. Both players hit 2 maximums in their first match but weren't ever seriously challenged in the end as soon as Pipe get going towards the end of the 3rd set in his match. When the two players met at the Matchplay in July they scored 11 maximums between them in 21 legs and I expect we'll see that amount of legs minimums tonight which should give both players the time needed to cover a pretty small line of 10 180s in my opinion. As I've said I expect to see quite a battle between these two guys so I'm backing a decent checkout as well. In that match at the Matchplay, Newton took out a 170 showing he can really take out the big scores whilst Pipe is more than capable of taking out a finish of 126 or higher as well. If this is a real close match, we'll see plenty of legs and in that we should see both guys have chances of taking out a big score so I'll back them to do just that tonight.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Back down to +3.58 overall after last night. Two for me tonight. 4pts W.Jones vs R.Scholten - Over 10.5 180's Evs Blue Square I think this line is a little on the low side. Wayne Jones hit 8 180's in his first round win over Scott MacKenzie while Roland Scholten hit 7 in his win over Jamie Caven. Scholten's 7 were no surprise because he's a renowned 180 hitter and is up there with the best of them when he's fully fit and playing well. Jones' 8 was more of a surprise but when he plays well he is capable of filling up the lipstick and if he is to beat the Tripod this evening then he will need to play well so I fully expect to see a significant number from 'The Wanderer' this evening. Although Scholten didn't play well against Caven he still hit 7 180's so assuming that the win over Caven and the win on the big stage will have boosted his confidence I would expect him to play a lot better tonight. If he does he could easily nail double figures in 180's himself. I'd expect 6 sets here and that should be enough so see the 11 180's in but 5 sets could easily be enough too. Either way with 15 180's between them on the opening night I expect them to deliver 11 more one week on. 4pts A.Lewis (-2.5 sets) to beat R.Thornton 10/11 Sportingbet While I wouldn't mind Adrian Lewis losing this match, I don't think he will. Robert Thornton played well in his first match but even then he only had a 93 average and that will need to be improved upon this evening I fancy. Adrian Lewis had a major scare in the first round but I expect that to have woke him up and I think we might see something of a dominating performance from the defending champion, particularly after Simon Whitlock laid the marker down to the field last night. Lewis won't want to have to perform a comeback again tonight because Thornton has won a TV major himself and won't crack on the big stage. He can however be prone to missing a few doubles particularly when he's under pressure and he can't afford that tonight as Lewis won't let Thornton get away in the scoring part of the legs. Were 'Jackpot' to throw first then he would only need to break the throw once but I expect him to break the throw more than that. These two met here in the last 16 last year when Lewis won 4-1 on his way to the title, one of five straight wins the world champion has had over the Scot and I think he'll make it 6 straight wins tonight and make it by winning no worse than 4-1.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Decided to go with one more. 3pts J.Pipe (+1.5 sets) to beat W.Newton 5/4 William Hill Been deliberating over this bet most of the day but I've decided to go with it. Whenever I think of Wes Newton in 2011 I just can't get that shambles against Henderson in the Grand Prix out of my head. I'm never overly convinced about Newton anyway. He throws too many loose darts for my liking and although he came through the first round 3-0 with a decent average that could easily have gone a bit tits up but for a couple of decent finishes at the right time. Justin Pipe clearly suffered from the expectation of being favourite in his opening match. I think he's got to the point where he's desperate to show what he can do on TV and he's trying too hard but this is a match where not many are expecting him to win and I think he can play without nerves and without pressure and let his darts do the talking. One thing is for sure, when Pipe does bring his floor game onto the stage everybody needs to worry not just Wes Newton. These two met in the Matchplay and Wes won 13-8 which equates to not far off of 4-3 in set play. Pipe showed in Doncaster that there is a TV game in him when he had Webster beat but for some tit shouting at him as he was about to throw the winning double. Webster went on to bash up Wesley in that tournament so there are form guides to suggest Pipe can keep this close if not win it. Newton could struggle with Pipe's style again on the big stage so there's enough factors in this match to enable a punt on Pipe with a 1.5 set head start.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship

Dunno about anyone else but I'm going right off Newton during this match' date=' love to see Pipe win this although fair play to Wes on the 170.[/quote'] Couldnt agree more. From a betting point of veiw I wanted it to go the distance but I'd much rather see Pipe win now

Dunno about anyone else but I'm going right off Newton during this match' date=' love to see Pipe win this although fair play to Wes on the 170.[/quote'] Yeah, really disappointing from Newton. As they said in commentary he wasn't complianing when he was winning 2-0. Good shout on Pipe Kev :ok

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Can anyone explain to me why Gary Anderson is such short odds to win his quarter? Going on his performance verus Artut and at the players champs, and with the form of Whitlock and Scott Rand this week, and the presence of Mervyn King I cannot see how he is below EVS to win his quarter. http://odds-comparison.bestbetting.com/darts/pdc-world-championships/quarter-2-winner/ He is odds of 1.7 (average) to beat Peterson (1.1 for this), then either Rand or Lloyd, and then probably King or Whitlock. Makes no sense to me! I'll be opposing him versus Petersen, and if he was up against Rand, King or Whitlock next, I'd be opposing him even bigger.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Wade is not a 1/7 shot (Stanjames/Ladbrokes/Sportingbet) against Klaasen; dont get me wrong Klaasen was as good as he needed to be agianst a (well) below par Peter Wright; while Wade seemed to take it a bit too easy against the Crab Petr Korte. Personally, i'd be leaning towards the market general of 1/5, but favoruing the 2/9 side of Wade, meaning the 9/2 (Lads/Pinnacle/Sportingbet) Klaasen is a slight bit of value. The +2.5 Hcap for Klaasen at 10/11 (General) may be a better bet though; seeing as the format of the competion lets Klaasen roll off 3/6 legs on the trot to take a set or two *fingers crossed*. Walsh against Painter is going to be interesting. Painter got his eyes lasered during the summer, and is gradually getting back to the form of (7 years?) ago. While Mark Walsh himself has overcome (some) daemons of his own to get to the semi's of the Grand Slam Of Darts. I'm on Painter for the quarter, so am lacking a match bet here, but at the prices Walsh looks too big at 27to20 Pinnacle/5to4 32Red. As for the last match, Munch had seemingly an easy free pass into this round, while Farmer was impressive against a dodgy Baxter, the averages suggests there is nothing in this but both can hit 180's so perhaps Over 8.5 of them @ 10/11 (Boyles) is worth a bet. Although i prefer the look of Over 6 sets at 5/2 (Bet365). In Summary: Klaasen +2.5 @ 10/11 - 3pts Walsh v Painter - No Bet Munch v Farmer; Over 6 sets @ 5/2 - 5pts

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Poor night for me on the whole. -4.25pts so back to -0.67pts overall. Hoping for a few good sessions now beginning with Friday which is a card I like the look of. 4pts K.Painter vs M.Walsh - Over 24.5 legs Evs Skybet I think this will be a close match and I expect to see no fewer than 6 sets here and I wouldn't be surprised if this went to a deciding seventh set. Both players are very consistent. Walsh generally plays in the same gear throughout his matches. He protects his throw well but doesn't have the next gear on his scoring to trouble his opponent's throw regularly. He'll be there or thereabouts to take advantage of any chances he's given on his opponent's throw but he does rely on his opponent missing to give him those chances. I'm not sure he'll get those chances off Painter because right now every time Painter is throwing a double he doesn't look like missing it and that's good to see. He is another one who isn't ultra hot with his scoring to really pile pressure on the opponent's throw and so I would expect a lot of 3-2 sets in this match. There were 3 3-2 sets in Painter's first round match and one in Walshie's and I wouldn't be surprised were we to see 3 or 4 in this match. I don't see this being won any easier than 4-2 so I'm happy to hit the overs on this leg line. 3pts J.Wade (-2.5 sets) to beat J.Klaasen 10/11 Skybet Jelle Klaasen appears to be James Wade's bunny and I see no reason why that won't continue here. Wade has won the last 13 meetings between these two and it's 8 matches ago since Klaasen got close to Wade. The Matador was in a pretty rough trot coming into this event and I wouldn't say he did anything in the first round which said to me he's going to take Wade all the way here. I thought he was quite erratic on his scoring and it was only his finishing that kept him in it. That and Peter Wright's woes on the doubles but Klaasen's problem here is Wade rarely has double trouble. While his averages are rarely anything to write home about it has to be factored in that he quite often passes up the average to leaves Tops or D10. When he leaves those doubles he rarely misses them and unless Klaasen finds his scoring ahead of this match I don't see where he gets close. He's never been the best of chasers and if he goes a couple of sets behind I see Wade running out a comfortable winner here. I'm not too concerned about Wade's first round performance. We've seen in the past he's playing well and I defy anyone to look good against Korte. Unlike Newton against Pipe, Wade controlled himself really well and in a match where the rhythm will suit him a lot more I think we'll see Wade's better darts and I would expect him to run out a convincing winner. 4pts K.Munch to beat S.Farmer 2/1 Ladbrokes 4pts Over 8.5 180's 10/11 Boylesports I have to say I was very impressed with the German qualifier in the first round. Well the preliminary round really because his first round match only lasted one set. He looks like he has a really good throw and I don't see a lot going wrong with it. He attacks the dart board and that's how I like throws to be. We saw with Jyhan Artut that German darts is going well at the minute and speaking of Germany, were Munch to win this match he will partner Artut for Germany in the upcoming World Cup so he has plenty of incentives in this match. Steve Farmer is a solid pro but he's never been to this stage of this tournament and at the best of times he misses doubles under pressure so I believe Munch's scoring will keep him in all the legs and he'll get chances to hit the doubles. Farmer scored heavily against Ronnie Baxter in the first round and that's what he does but he doesn't do it with every throw. Quite often a 180 will be followed up by a 60 whereas the German looked like he hits a dart well so he can fill up the 60. Between them in their first matches they hit 9 180's so I fully expect the potential for at least that many again here because I see this one being 4-2 at least if not 4-3. I don't think Munch is a 2/1 shot here. He was averaging 98 when Ovens pulled out against him the other day and if he brings that game with him on Friday night then Steve Farmer could well be going home for Christmas and not coming back.

5pts Lewis Vs Thornton - {Over 10.5 180s} 1.72 bet365 Thornton scores alot of 180s, Lewis scores even more. Together these two racked up 12 in round 1 so this should be covered easy. 3pts Newton {-1.5 vs Pipe} 1.66 Bet365 Newton the far better player, and the better form of the two aswell in my opinion. Would only have to win 4-2 so perhaps only have to break once. I see more 4-1. Average for Pipe 88. Average for Newton 93 in R1. 3pts Jones {-1.5 vs Scholten} 4/6 Paddy Again same reason as above. I see a far more classy player in Jones. Hit an impressive 94 average R1 compared to Scholtens very average 83 and can hit the doubles far more regular 3pts Jones most 180s vs Scholten - 5/4 Skybet Seems a great price to me as I don't expect much from Scholten. In round 1 Jones got 8 180s, but 11 140s also and Scholten got 7 180s and only 6 140s. I see this as cracking value.
9 180s in the Lewis game with 6 sets really surprised me. I would still take that bet if the game was tonight, so can't be too disheartened I guess. Newton failed to show up, but the other 2 come in to save some losses. 2/4 for a -2.25 for the night due to stake on the 180s. I was so sure on that. Damn.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship 3pts Walsh Vs Painter [Painter -1.5] 11/8 Bet365 I know the averages were similar in R1, but Painter is on a roll right now, and I think it would take something special for someone to beat him. It's normally very close when these two player 6-5 to Walsh and 6-5 to Painter in the previous, but I'm hoping Painter can break early and win it 4-2. Good value shout. 3pts Wade Vs Klaasen [Klaasen 3-dart average

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship WALSH V PAINTER MOST 180's 6/5 i can't believ they have marked this one up with wlash as favourite in this market,walshie is a consistent scorer but 100 or 140s he will hammer them in all day and as Kev stated he holds his throw so often because of that prowess very similar to John Lowe in that respect but he lack that burst of 180 power that the top players have and in deed his iooponenet has, when Painter is'nt doing all his finger licking stepping back inhaling deeply routine he can have purple patches on the lipstick and of the two for me there is no contest. Painter had 6 in his first round tie against Monk and walsh 5 against French so not mush in it you could say, but for me Painter has that bit more about him in the scoring department than Walsh and i would also expect this to go to 7 sets but i am all over this bet

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship WADE vs KLAASEN KLAASEN + 2.5 sets @ 4/5 Skybet 6pts I'm surprising myself here by going against Kevin but I really do feel Klaasen will cause Wade big problems.Wade is clearly struggling.Korte missed 2 darts to take it to a final set in his last match.Wade has lost 9 of his last 16 matches coming into this tournament. Klaasen himself a former world champion was as good on doubles against Peter Wright as I have ever seen him.Add to that his ability to score heavily and I see an early christmas present from SkyBet WALSH vs PAINTER Walsh to win @ 5/4 Pinnacle 6pts Ok Painters form recently has looked really good and he hit over 50% doubles but I think he will come undone tonite.Walsh looks too settled for me at the moment.Fair enough Painter won the Players Championship but a little fortunate at times especially in the semi.If his doubles let him down he would be in serious trouble because he's not scoring heavily enough.He only averaged 90 in his 3 matches against King,Anderson and Osbourne.Walsh will win this and possibly by more than a set

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Going to add one more to tonight's portfolio. 3pts J.Wade vs J.Klaasen - Highest checkout over 125.5 5/6 Bet365 I think this line is low enough for it to be covered between two men who are very adept in the finishing of legs. Both men checked out ton plus shots in their opening round wins and I would expect to see a couple of high checkouts tonight. Certainly at some point if Jelle Klaasen is to keep up with James Wade this evening I believe he'll need to stun the Machine with a big checkout to gain some momentum and control in this match while James Wade knows exactly when a top checkout is needed and has formed a career on taking out shots which are like a dig in the guts of his opponent. Both men hit doubles well and both can hit the trebles and with finishes like 130 coming into the game a lot more these days I think we'll see a 126 or higher killed in this match tonight.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Disappointing session last night with none of the 180 bets coming through meaning -3.3 for the night. Newton also lost so that quarter outright is lost, leaving me on +18.90 for the tournament. Could do with another good night so let's hope tonight is just that. Taking 5 in total. Kevin Painter to beat Mark Walsh- 4/6 Bet365- (7/10) Kevin Painter (-1.5 sets) to beat Mark Walsh- 6/4 Coral- (4/10) Really like Painter to win this one from what I've seen from him in the past couple of weeks. That win in the Players Championship looks to have given the Artist so much confidence which is reflected in his darts and when he plays well he can beat anyone so confidence is a huge thing for Painter. He had to play well against Arron Monk in the first round as Monk played well himself but he scored consistently and his finishing was extremely impressive and Walsh will do well to beat him on that form. Walsh didn't have to play that well to beat Warren French in truth. He was consistent as ever with his scoring and despite losing the first set, you always felt he can pick his game up and win comfortably like he did in the end. He did say after the match that he didn't feel completely right or happy with his darts and that was clearly evident in that first set. He averaged just under 94 in the match which isn't bad, but neither is it fantastic whilst his finishing wasn't as solid as it usually is. Just get the feeling that if he doesn't up his game for tonight, he'll have to be relying on Painter's game dropping and given the form he's in, I don't see that happening. Both players I'd imagine will be pretty solid when throwing first, meaning a fair few 3-2 sets, but in those tight situations, Painter's finishing is far superior to Walsh's right now and that could make a huge difference. Walsh will consistently chip away with his scores but Painter can consistently add an extra 30/40 points to Walsh's score and play at a higher gear than his opponent and I feel that should be enough to see him through this one. James Wade vs Jelle Klaasen- Under 8.5 180s- 10/11 Blue Square- (4/10) Highest Match Checkout Over 125.5- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Not entirely sure how this match will pan out to be honest. The head to head doesn't make happy reading for the Dutchman as he has only beaten Wade once and that came in their first ever match. Since then Wade has won the last 13 matches between the pair, with most of the wins being relatively straight forward. Wade wasn't impressive by any means against Korte in the first round but that's understandable given Korte's unorthodox and slow throwing style. Klaasen couldn't be more different in terms of pace as he can finish a leg within a minute and that will suit Wade alot more so there is a lot to suggest Wade may have this all his own way. I'm not confident enough to back Wade on the handicap though, as Klaasen is more than capable of taking a couple of sets but he is erratic at the best of times so feel that is more of a coin toss than anything. I do like the unders on the 180s though and alot of that is down to the fact that Klaasen doesn't hit a lot even when he is finding the treble bed consistently. Anyone who watched him play Peter Wright would have seen that he switches a hell of a lot, even when he has one or two darts in the lipstick which certainly helps the unders here. He hit just 2 in his first match against Wright and I don't see him hitting too many more tonight. That will leave Wade needing to hit a fair few and if he wins fairly easily like many expect him to, he won't have a great amount of time to do that. He isn't the most frequent of 180 scorers anyway, as his main strength lies in his finishing so I don't think we'll see anymore than 8 maximums in this one. I do fancy a pretty big checkout in this one though as both players are more than capable of hitting a big one. We saw 2 170 finishes yesterday :loon as well as a 161 and a 125 from Newton as well. Both of these guys have the power to nail a finish like that which is evident from their past matches. Wade has hit 2 170 finishes on TV against Klaasen before, whilst the Dutchman is no slouch either, nailing a 167 in the Premier League a couple of years ago. Even when he isn't playing well he can hit a big finish seemingly out of nowhere, and with Wade really solid with his finishing, I reckon we have a good chance of seeing at least one pretty decent checkout in this match. Kevin Munch to beat Steve Farmer- 21/10 Ladbrokes- (3/10) I see no reason why Farmer is such a big favourite for this match given what we saw from Munch in his preliminary match and that opening set against Ovens. His throw is solid and he scores well, shown through his 98 average in the first set against Denis Ovens. Even if Ovens had been fit, he would have done well to keep up with Munch if he kept his average around that for the remainder of the match and an average of 95+ tonight puts the German well in contention to win this. Farmer caused an upset in the first round by beating Ronnie Baxter and scored well but it must be said Baxter was well below his best and we saw that Farmer is likely to miss big doubles is key stages of the match. Munch scores well and should be able to keep up with Farmer for the majority of the match and he should get his chances on the doubles. If he takes those, I think he has a real chance of making it past Christmas and sending Farmer home tonight.

3pts Walsh Vs Painter [Painter -1.5] 11/8 Bet365 I know the averages were similar in R1, but Painter is on a roll right now, and I think it would take something special for someone to beat him. It's normally very close when these two player 6-5 to Walsh and 6-5 to Painter in the previous, but I'm hoping Painter can break early and win it 4-2. Good value shout. 3pts Wade Vs Klaasen [Klaasen 3-dart average 2/3 winners for a +2.60. will get a clean sweep oneday. +6.95pts for the tourney

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship TAYLOR V CHISNALL +2.5 @ 11/10 this should be the the tie of the round the much awaited clash of these two the stats are very similar Taylor avg 99 and Chissy 98, are the avgs, which suggests a close encounter and if taylor wins the bull he usually gives away the throw, and thsi would mean Chisnall having the darts in the opening set and Taylor is vurnerable in the first couple of sets, Chisnall will fire in the big scores we know that, he is just woeful on the doubles whish may count aginst him ultimately here, but if he just takes two sets we are home and hosed with this bet anyway, Taylor lost a set to the Japanese qualifier so Chisnall is more than capable of taking two sets, i would expect Taylor to squeeze through this game but not without being pushed hard by the man from St Helens,i would think a 4-2 or 4-3 win for the Power will be the final score here. and just want to wish all members and visitors here a very merry xmas.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Just read that Co Stompe has been bitten by a dog on his throwing hand, source is web site Darts, Beers & Cheers, seems genuine after doing a bit of internet research. He is still travelling to give it a go, but doesn't look good for him, price on him might dive further, many have piled in early, including me. Adrian Lewis thought he had it bad getting done by a wasp! I need all the 'inside information' I can get, bloody hard to make money on the darts compared to football, good luck all and bottles of stella are at the ready :cheers