** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012 PDC World Darts Championship

theoldmaster

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship ShanAce iif you don't mind i can tell you that the planetdarts website (PDC site) has all the info of tournament results both televised and floor events, if you go on there you will find all the tournaments from 2011, and on the left hand side of the home page gives you an tournament box click on that and all the major PDC tournament are there for you to peruse, hope you find this of use.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship

+1.5 i think you mean buddy. :hope
I did yep. Sorry for any confusion :$
Hi Kev, great tips. Big Fan! Quick question, where do you get all the information about the tournaments not on tv?
Cheers mate :ok. As theoldmaster has said the PDC website is helpful with regards to results and things but I get most of my information on non TV events from magazines, forums, occasionally going and watching some local opens and a few people who are still involved in the game from when I played youth county darts. :ok.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship I'm going to shoot for abit of value here, so follow at warning. Co Stompe Vs Michael Smith - Smith @ 5/2 Boylessports Co Stompe Vs Michael Smith - Smith most 180's @ 4/1 Ladbrokes I like Smith as a player, I think he has huge potential. He has a 91.4 average over the course of 250 games. Co (by my research) has 90.4 average over 3x the games. I'm not too sure on Co though, I find whenever I watch him his doubling can be wayward, and I am also going to dabble in the 180 market here, because I've never seen Co as a big 180 scorer (average of 1.6 a game) and id oppose him against anyone at 4/1 to score more 180s.

I just thought Id mention to anyone that quite rates Burnett he is currently a massive 50/1 to win the 4th quarter with SkyBet. Will find him a general 12-14/1 elsewhere. I think he has it in his locker to be able to beat Part, he has a 4-4 h2h with Painter and he'd be a 50/1 shot against the likes of wade or wright. gotta be some value..
:lol now been changed to 14/1 - :ok

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Justin Pipe Vs Sean Reed Pipe to win 3-1 @ 3/1 bet365 Small 1pt dabble at this price. I expect Pipe to win this easily, but I also took a similar bet lastnight when Wes went against the qualifier. Pressure gets to everyone here and 3/1 on reed getting a set is decent value for me. Pipe has some very good average and check outs, so normally id expect a 3-0 here, but I don't want to be stung like I was with lewis lastnight. As I say mini stakes on the scoreline.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Cracking night of darts yesterday, and a decent profit of +6.45 to give me a good start. That with Lewis fighting back to keep the outright going and hitting a few 180s rounded off a good night. Not taking alot tonight, bit unsure over the card but I am taking two. Co Stompe vs Michael Smith- Over 16.5 legs- 4/5 BlueSquare- (5/10) Really didn't expect the line to be this low and to cut a long story short, I don't see either guy not winning a set which should be enough to cover this smallish line in my opinion. Both are good players and should be able to cancel eachother out for the majority in this one and hold their throw comfortably enough. Stompe's not had a great year by any accounts but he improved a touch in the Grand Slam before Lewis produced a magical performance, and beat Van Der Voort last week which should give him some confidence despite his poor finishing against Chisnall. Smith is a promising player, echoed through Gary Anderson sponsoring him and more importantly, a UK open qualifier win to his name this year and even hit a 9 darter in a youth event which shows the quality he can produce. Stompe won 6-3 in their only previous meeting and whoever wins, bit of a coin toss for me, I don't see it being a one sided affair so fancy 4 sets here minimum which should bring this through. Wes Newton vs Kurt van de Rijk- Over 4.5 180s- 8/13 Bet365- (5/10) Regardless of the short price, this line is too low not to take in my opinion. The line itself is lower than virtually every other bookies and I don't see why that is. Even if Wes hammers his opponent, he has every chance of covering the line on his own, even in 9 straight legs. However, I don't see him doing completely that, given his slow starts recently on the stage, so there should be at least 12/13 legs by my reckoning which gives us more than enough time to see a minimal 5 maximums. When Newton gets going, he is very hard to stop and finds the lipstick consistently and at some stage tonight, he will probably win 4/5 straight legs and that should bode well for the line. Van der Rijk has made a semi in a Players Championship event already this year showing he is no mug, so he could well throw in a couple of maximums himself. Either way, long or short match, if Wes gets going, this line should be covered.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship One more for me tonight. Phil Taylor vs Haruki Muramatsu- Under 5.5 180s- 8/13 Bet365- (6/10) This line is a fair bit higher than other bookies have it and don't see it lasting long. Can't see Taylor having too many problems here given what we sawfrom the qualifier earlier. He didn't hit any maximums and averaged around the 85 mark. If he plays like that, he won't get many chances to even get down to a finish against Taylor meaning there won't be too many legs, and Taylor will switch if his darts aren't right as well. Just feel the line is too high so unders for me in the last match of the session.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Not been the greatest night for me so far but having had a look at the final match markets I'll take one more. 6pts P.Taylor vs H.Muramatsu - Under 11.5 legs 8/11 Skybet This line looks a touch on the high side as does the price because I don't see the Japanese man winning 3 legs here. He played ok in the preliminary match but when Nilsson put the pressure on him he struggled to find the trebles and it was his finishing which saw him through really with checkouts of 80 and 90 but he's not going to get down to that level unless he ups his scoring. He did score a few tons in the earlier match but tons don't really get you anywhere against Taylor so he needs to convert some of those tons into 140s to stay in legs. I don't really see it happening and while Muramatsu has nothing to lose I sense Taylor might want to put down a bit of a marker tonight ahead of the much more difficult matches to come. Muramatsu might be good for a leg or two but that's about it in my eyes. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this only lasts 9 legs though so I'll take the under 11.5 legs here.

Justin Pipe Vs Sean Reed Pipe to win 3-1 @ 3/1 bet365 Small 1pt dabble at this price. I expect Pipe to win this easily, but I also took a similar bet lastnight when Wes went against the qualifier. Pressure gets to everyone here and 3/1 on reed getting a set is decent value for me. Pipe has some very good average and check outs, so normally id expect a 3-0 here, but I don't want to be stung like I was with lewis lastnight. As I say mini stakes on the scoreline.
started well but an awful day for me

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship As night's go that one can be written off for me. Will update the P/L later as the darts begin at 12. 4pts P.Wright vs J.Klaasen - Over 6.5 180's 8/11 Boylesports I'm not a huge fan of taking 180's in afternoon sessions but these two are both capable of finding the 60 bed so it should be a safe bet here. I would expect this match to go at least 4 sets and so we would need an average of less than 2 180's a set which is well within the reach of two heavy scorers. Wright hit a few 180's in the Players Championship last weekend while we all remember that Klaasen vs van der Voort match a few years ago which showed that he can hit the 180's as well. I would expect Peter Wright to win this match and he's scoring really heavily at the minute so with that in mind and with Klaasen likely to chip in with a few too I will take the overs here. 4pts R.Baxter vs S.Farmer - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Skybet This looks like a low enough line to attack. Steve Farmer lost 3-0 here last year but I was at that match and he actually played well. Nicholson was just insane on his doubles hitting something like 9 out of 10 doubles with 3 or 4 ton plus checkouts. I don't think he'll run into that sort of average from Ronnie Baxter this afternoon and I do expect this to go at least 4 sets. Both these players score pretty well and are reasonably reliable on their doubles and hold throw pretty well generally. There should be a couple of 3-2 sets here and I wouldn't be surprised if this goes all the way so that should allow more than enough scope for 17 legs here. 3pts I.White to beat R.Thornton 11/8 Sportingbet Ian White showed at the Grand Slam that he's a more than capable player and since the UK Open, Thornton's form has taken a major nose dive. White made a final on the floor earlier in the year and his run in the Grand Slam qualifiers means he should be full of confidence coming in here. On his day Thornton can hit 180's like they are going out of fashion but he hasn't been in that form for a good while. White scores strongly and checks out well which is what he needs to do here. Thornton often gets on his own back quickly if things aren't going well so we might see some frustration from him in this match and when it is over I expect it to be Ian White moving through to take on his practice partner in the next round.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship three from me folks BAXTER V FARMER OVER 6.5 180s evens for me a very low line whilst neither player is on blistering form both are more than good enough for this to comfortable come in. As kev said above we should see plenty of legs and we all know that Baxter can be like a machine on the lipstick Baxter has a decnt record here qtr finalist two years ago. but l;ast year lost in round two to webster avg wise we can expect even an off form rocket to avg 88-93. i don't know too much about farmer but if he is here he must be quality unlike some other tournaments only real pros are here.i fancy the two of them to have plenty of time to bring home the bacon here. BEATON V CARIS OVER 5.5 180s again this is a astoundingly low line which i fully expect Beaton to cover himself, again these two are going to have a lot of legs i would expect a lot of breaks of throw Beaton does'nt hold his throw as often as his scoring power should allow him too. Caris is a wily old campaigner he has been around from pre BDO -WDC split days, and despite disapearing from the tour for a while he has returned to the pro ranks, last two years he has been beaten in the first round by Lloyd and King, though the Lloyd game i recall he ran Lloyd closeer than the 3-0 score suggested. This only needs 6 maximums and over what i believe will be between 16 and 20 legs this is a meagre total so i would say this is a gimme. VAN DER VOORT V HYLTON over 7.5 180s. 5/6 , a higher line for these two but again this should'nt scare us off, Hylton has been a consistent performer this term, last year he beat Lloyd in round one, where he greatly impressed, before Webby handled him in round two VDV we know what to expect fast flowing darts and far more consistent than he was 3-4 years ago, recall VDV and Klaasen had a 180s fest a few years back so VDV has previous, i would fancy them nto get 4 apeice over the distance whish would do the job and i am having some of this too.

And 3 for the evening session will I'll post up now before I get too close to Tamworth. On phone so no massive write ups. 4pts S.Beaton vs M.Caris - over 4.5 180s 8/11 Ladbrokes This line looks really low to me because while Beaton isn't a devastating scorer he is consistent and can chip away at this line. Magnus Caris has really strengthened his scoring in recent months and is likely to chip in a couple himself. This match could easily go 4 sets so we should have bags of time to get this covered. 3pts K.Munch (-1.5 legs) to beat L.Choon Peng 11/10 Boylesports Kevin Munch came through the competitive German qualifying beating the competent Bernd Roith in the final match. We've seen the strength and depth of the German darts on this stage in the past with Seyler, Artut and Welge all succeeding here. Our Malaysian friend appears here for the first time but I think he'll have his work cut out. Munch has a win over Webster on tour this year and should win this 4-2 at worst. 4pts M.Hylton to beat V.van Der Voort 5/4 VC I like Hylton here over the longer format. Van Der Voort was awful in the Players Champs last weekend which confirmed rumours he's really suffering mentally at the minute. Hylton can take a while to get going but when he does he often takes some beating and once he gets going tonight I think he'll be too strong for the Dutchman particularly if van Der Voort has other things going on in his head. Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Tiny profit of +1.76 thanks to the unders safely coming through in the Taylor match, leaving me on +8.21 after the first couple of days. Taking 5 in the afternoon session to start with for today. Peter Wright to beat Jelle Klassen- 4/6 Bet365- (5/10) Over 6.5 180s- 8/11 William Hill- (4/10) Must state you can get a slightly better price on Wright if you look around but I don't have accounts with VC or Boyles. Despite that, the price is still good enough for me to back Wright here. We saw last week what a good player Wright is, with him averaging over 100 in both of his matches and he could have easily gone 5-0 against Wes Newton, in a match where he was scoring heavily and checking out superbly. Klaasen as had a really poor year, only making into the last 16 in the floor tournaments 3 times all year, and two of those came in the first few months of the season, showing what a poor season he has had, despite his abundance of quality. Klaasen does have ability and he could well take a set, but in the end I see Wright, in the form he is in, being too consistent for the Dutchman. Also backing the overs on the maximums with these both being heavy scorers once they get going. They are both capable of finding the lipstick on a regular basis as we've seen and although I'm backing Wright to win the match, Klaasen could well pinch a set or two which should give enough time for these two to find their rhythm and knock in a minimum of 7 180s here. Ronnie Baxter (-1.5 sets) to beat Steve Farmer- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Backing Ronnie to be fairly comfortable in this one. Baxter's had a decent season without being exceptional. He's won 2 Players Championship events on the floor, and has 2 semi appearances to show and a final loss to Taylor over in Wigan last month but he'll be a tad disappointed about his form in the TV events where he hasn't made it past the last 32 in any event on the stage. He did play well last week though but he was unlucky in that Barneveld played really well against him. Farmer hasn't really done alot this year since making the semis in the Players Championship earlier this year, failing to make it into the semis of any event. He isn't coming into the tournament with any great form behind him really and Baxter should be able to take advantage of that and I'd fancy him to win this no worse than 3-1. Robert Thornton vs Ian White- Over 17.5 legs- Evens BlueSquare- (3/10) Over 6.5 180s- Evens BlueSquare- (3/10) This could actually be the match of the session and I'm quite looking forward to it. Both should have the thought of facing Lewis in the second round and given how Lewis played, both players must fancy playing him and claiming a big scalp. I don't see Lewis playing that badly again though but it should be a big motivating factor for both of these guys. Thornton had a really good first 6 months of the season, but since then he hasn't gone too well in any tournament and he hasn't made it past the last 16 of a tournament. We saw what Ian White can do at the grand slam where be beat Barneveld but before that, he's been pretty good on the floor as well, where he has beaten the likes of Burnett and Wade. Thornton is he gets going could blow White away but he hasn't been in the greatest form for a while so I see this one having 4 sets minimum, if not going the whole way so I'll back us seeing at least 18 legs in this one. As I've said I expect it to last a little while and that should give both players plenty of time to cover the maximum line. Thornton can hit maximums for fun if he finds his range and if he does he will make this line look a bit silly. White can score heavily as well though so he can contribute to the total and if it goes to 4/5 sets like I expect it to, 7 maximums doesn't look out of range for these two to cover.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship PAUL NICHOLSON V MENSUR SULJOVIC +1.5 @13/8. HIGHEST CHECKOUT OVER 121.5 5/6. this promises to be an intruiging game, Nicholson is knocking on the door of a PL place a good run here would just about secure an automatic place we all know what Paul is like he is solid, consistent and of course is not everyones cup of tea. But the lad has talent that can'y be questioned as we recall Nicholson first visit here saw him dispose of Priesley and Lewis, in a run to the last 8, last year he was a second round casualty to Peter Wright who only avgd 85 in beating Paul, this is going to be a real dangerous opponent for the Aussie. Mensur has only lost once in the first round of the WC (BDO or PDC) Painter disposing of Mensur comfortably in the first round but don't forhget the Austrian beat van Gerwen and Wade last year in a run to the last 16. so this will be a stern test and i would fully expect Mensure to takle two sets his unorthodox style won't concern Nicholson too much he goes into his own zone in games so that shouldn't worry Paul too much, But Nicholson has for me the game to come through this he is a solid 140-100 hitter and on his day his finishing is up there with the best. so i think while thi will be close we will see Pauls knowledge that a good run here should ensure a PL place either through the rankings or as a wildcard be enough to see him through to round two. the second bet is surely a gimme we all know Paul picks off the big finishes for fun if he is on form he will break this line over and over again, i would'nt be surprised to see Mensur take out a big one to that is the type of thing he will do and i am very confident that twe will see a finish over 159 by one of these two.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Poor session from my perspective, only called the Thornton/White match right. Really disappointed with Baxter though, just couldn't get going consistently. -8 for the session though, with the Wright quarter bet a loser, leaving me on +0.21 overall. Let's hope for a better session tonight in which it's fair to say, I need a fair few maximums. Steve Beaton vs Magnus Carus- Over 4.5 180s- 4/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Agreed with Kev in that I feel the line is too low. Beaton is extremely consistent with his scoring and has a lovely rhythm to his throw. If he really gets into his stride he could even cover this line by himself within 3 sets by Caris can contribute to the line as well. He should be able to score a couple himself so the 5 maximums in this match we need look pretty decent to take here. Mark Hylton to beat Vincent van der Voort- 11/10 Sportingbet- (4/10) Over 6.5 180s- 8/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) The Dutchman has spoken recently about his head not being in the right place so he'll have mental issues to cope with as well as a very competent player in Mark Hylton who will be looking to repeat his impressive run from last year. He made the last 16 which shows what he can do on the stage in this tournament. He's also made the quarter finals of the Grand Prix and UK open this year so the big events really don't faze him. Van der Voort just couldn't hit a double against Stompe last week really giving us an indication that his head isn't completely right at the minute so I'll back Hylton at odds against to win this one. Also backing both players to combine and score at least 7 180s tonight. Van der Voort may be struggling on his doubles but he is still more than capable of scoring heavily so he should be able to hit a few in this one. Hylton is also a heavy scorer when he gets going and can hit a few maximums in just as many legs when he is playing well. He hit 4 maximums in 9 legs against Mark Walsh last week and there will be at least 13/14 legs tonight minimum I fancy so this line looks doable for two guys who can really pound the lipstick. Paul Nicholson vs Mensur Suljovic- Over 15.5 legs- 8/11 Bluesquare- (5/10) Over 6.5 180s- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Don't see Nicholson having this completely his all way. I was actually at Ally Pally last year when Suljovic beat Wade and he was extremely impressive, not letting the big stage faze him in the slightest. His throwing style is extremely unusual but he can score well and his finishing isn't too shabby either. Nicholson talks a big game but he is yet to back that up on the big stage. Granted he usually faces Taylor who ultimately knocks him out but in order to be where he talks about, you need to be beating the bigger players from time to time. I don't see him losing this one, but Suljovic is more than capable of taking a set in this which should lead to us seeing a minimum of 16 legs in this one. A 4 sets minimum should also bring the 180s line into play. Both can hit maximums consistently when they get going and both players could spur the other on when they hit the 180s. Nicholson hit 4 180s in his final leg defeat to Steve Brown last week which lasted 11 legs. A similar maximum scoring rate should see him hit 5 or 6 perhaps tonight, and with Suljovic bring no stranger to the lipstick, I reckon we have a chance of seeing 7 maximums in this one.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Disgraceful crowd really, Steve Beaton should have been out 3-0 without any doubts. Amazingly, the floorman did not really seem to care and did not even warn the crowd or anything. Caris should have stepped aside instead of throwing really. Horrible, horrible stuff. The event has been unbelievable so far and the standard is amazingly high, but this was the low for me.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Just a passing bet I've done but expect it to be void within the next hour or so. Sportingbet have Chisnall (+1.5) handicap despite him being favourite. I've taken it but like I said, it should be voided but no harm in taking it ;)

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Another up and down day which I didn't need. Quite like the look of one more in the final match of the day. 3pts K.Munch Most 180's vs D.Ovens 11/4 Skybet This looks like a pretty big price to me. Munch hit 2 180's in his preliminary match in what was a solid performance. He also hit a couple of 140's where the 20 was with the last dart and most of the time his darts were all around the 60 bed and I just think with the pressure off having won the extra cash and with nothing to lose we might see him produce some heavy scoring here. He looked raw but there was a nice throw in there at the same time. Denis Ovens isn't a huge 180 scorer and the last game of the night session is usually a damp squib affair with the crowds slowly disappearing. All the pressure will be on Ovens in this match who scores a lot of 140's but not so many 180's so I think there's plenty of value in the German to hit the most 180's here having hit 2 in 6 legs earlier in the night.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship They will probably just say it was an error, which it obviously is but got odds of 5/4. Anyways I'm with Kev on Munch for the maximum bet. Kevin Munch Most 180s- 11/4 Sportingbet- (2/10) Really can't add too much to what has been said. Ovens scores consistently but hits a lot of tons and 140s, and not a great deal of maximums. Munch was pretty impressive in the preliminary round and he looked good around the lipstick so the price on the German to hit the most 180s looks misplaced so I'll back him to do just that.