** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012 PDC World Darts Championship

theoldmaster

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship PDC WC final 21:15 Hamilton A. - Lewis A. ---------------------------- 7pts @ Lewis A.- 1.40 Ladbrokes "I'am the best in the world at the moment" sead Lewis after a great comback from beeing 1-5 in sets down to James Wade who missed a d18 for the match. Well Lewis was first hour and half down playing poor and the the fireworks where going and he slowley passed Wades average hit a ton of +100's and more to step by step kill off Wade who lost I think 11 legs in row. Hamilton played good antother great comback, but I still tip on Lewis he is the best in the world at the moment :cigar

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship

I've moved the PL posts to the livescore thread as it's nothing to do with this tournament so the discussion can continue there instead :ok
I don't usually post here but look in everyday. Had to offer my congratulations though to all on here especially Kevshat and Fishy. This has been a great companion to the TV viewing. Kevshat, when you mention the livesone thread, what do you mean? Cheers.

I don't usually post here but look in everyday. Had to offer my congratulations though to all on here especially Kevshat and Fishy. This has been a great companion to the TV viewing. Kevshat, when you mention the livesone thread, what do you mean? Cheers.
There is another thread called "other sports livescore thread" just underneath this thread where this waffle were talking about should go into. I better say something relevant: Ive been impressed by Hamilton this week and its been a great week of darts. Lewis will of course be favourite to defend, but 4/9 is abit short. I'd expect something like 4/7 to be more reasonable! Thus 9/4 on Hamilton looks to contain slight value.

Going for highest checkout to be over 140.5 @5/6 betfred Should be a cracking final Roll on the BDO!
What's your reasoning behind that bet Chris?
Livescore thread is here - http://forum.punterslounge.com/f16/other-sports-livescore-thread-january-2012-a-107362/ We like to try and keep betting threads and discussion posts seperate but we don't really have the space for lots of discussion threads at the minute as Other Sports forum is so busy so we use that thread. When PL moves to it's 2012 design in the coming weeks each sport will have it's own individual forum so we will be able to accomodate discussion threads without the betting threads getting lost but until then we'll stick with the one discussion thread :ok.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship first off congratulations to various posters on this thread for some absolutely top quality tipping. important going to have a pop at one tonight and like the look of Lewis -2.5 sets @ 1.90 bet365. Lewis has been and done it here last year which gives him a definite edge. i also rate him much higher than Hamilton. yes he has his wobble and loses concentration. but lets not forget the hammer also suffers from this at times to where he has had many law scoring periods. the edge is definitely with Lewis for me and important confident he can cover this handicaps. good luck all!

Quite like Hamiltons chances tonight as long as he don't let the occasion get to him.The hammer has been the better player during these championships and you have to wonder what the semi final has taken out of Adrian considering the way the game went and the fact that it didn't finish till nearly one this morning.A game that Lewis was literally gift wrapped by Wade because once it went 5-3 the machine gave up.The fact is the hammer won't give him that chance tonight and at 9/4 the hammer has to be the call for me. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Final is upon us and let's hope that the forum goes out on a high in what has been undoubtedly the best World Championship in history. Lewis' comeback last night was pretty special to watch, but you must say he was fortunate Wade let him go off stage otherwise it would have been curtains for the champ. Owe Wadey one on a personal level as the two outrights I have going look pretty good for tonight and I'm quietly confident with both. Already guaranteed a bit of a return now Lewis has made the final and just think the tournament has his name on after his comebacks in round one and last night. Nice profit of +12.60 last night though, which takes me penultimate overall to +53.58. Onto tonight then and already on Lewis to win at 17/2 and by my reckoning, if he hits more 180s than Hamilton, he should have the most in the tournament. So far I think he has hit something like 39, whilst Hamilton has 40 and Whitlock has the most with 44. We can discount Whitlock there as you'd think barring any freak result tonight, both of the finalists will go past the Aussie. So in essence, I'm really on Lewis to hit more 180s tonight at 9/4 which looks pretty handy to me. I'm having 3 others in the final though but not going mad. Hopefully Lewis does pull through like I think he will but fingers crossed it will be a cracker like the two semis. Adrian Lewis Match Average Over 96.50- 4/5 Blue Square- (4/10) Lewis Highest Match Checkout Over 135.5- 5/6 Blue Square- (3/10) Andy Hamilton Total 140+s Under 25.5- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Already mentioned that I think Lewis will eventually win this one although I'm expecting a certain regular to PL, who's name begins with 'Kev' to back Hamilton to win it ;) I do think he is a touch overpriced and a tad high given Lewis' erratic performances in the tournament so far but just feel after last night, the trophy has his name on for a second successive year. For the first 6 or so sets last night, he just wasn't ever in the match in truth. He wasn't scoring well, was whinging about the breeze coming on stage and Wade just wasn't letting him in to have a shot at the double. However once he finally started to score, you could see Wade's game drop, and nervous darts being thrown from him, which you really didn't see happening when Wade cruised to 5 sets in no time at all really. When Lewis picked his game up though, his scoring was heavy and for the most part, consistent which has been a problem for him in the tournament. He started to find the treble with his first dart which is always an indication to how well Lewis is playing and hit 140s and 180s with ease by the end. That missed dart at D18 for the match by Wade yesterday, and then Lewis taking out that 95 showed real balls and if that doesn't show how confident he is under pressure, I really don't know what will. Hamilton was the far more impressive player last night and to be honest, it's almost near enough impossible to find a guy who has played better throughout the tournament than the Hammer. Even when Whitlock was throwing everything at him last night, he held his nerve superbly, taking out finishes of 115 and 110 when he really needed them and in my opinion, that's what won him the match yesterday. Granted Whitlock, like Wade actually was guilty of missing doubles at crucial times, by the composure Hamilton showed in the biggest match of his life was top draw. His finishing throughout the match was exceptional, up around the 58% mark and it's been his consistent scoring and more importantly his solid finishing that has seen him through some grueling encounters in the tournament. Whether he can keep his finishing up to that high level, it's dubious but he will have to if he is to win the trophy tonight, but from what we've seen, you really wouldn't back against him checking out the way he has done so far. Last night, even with those poor first 6/7 sets from Lewis, his final average was still 95.55 which isn't bad at all. I can't imagine it will be any worse tonight and there won't be those farcical interruptions that bring the players off stage tonight to disrupt the momentum of either guy. Astonishingly Lewis hasn't actually averaged above the 96.50 mark needed here, closest he came was against Nigel Heydon in round one where he averaged just a shade under it. Tonight however he will be desperate to retain the tournament on what is apparently 'his stage', and given his final average against Wade and how he finished that match off, I think he'll be averaging nearer the 3 figure mark tonight, and he will need to if he wants to be a heavily determined Andy Hamilton. You can get a lower line on the checkout but at a shorter price so I'm more interested in the better price as I wanted it below the 136 mark which is a finish Lewis takes out a fair amount. In his match yesterday, he took out a 130 and finished the match with a 161 and had a chance of taking out a 157 really early on in the match. He took out a 136 against Jenkins in the quarters and I do expect the champ to take out at least one, if not more big finishes tonight. He hit that 9 darter last night and it's not out of the question that he won't hit one tonight if he really gets going. I don't see him playing anywhere near as badly as early on last night so I fancy Jackpot to hit a pretty decent finish of 136 or above tonight. This 140 market by Ladbrokes is interesting as I haven't seen it before but think it's a tad high for Hamilton here. Need to state that 180s don't count in this total so it's anything scored between 140-177 which is a reason I like the look of the unders on Hamilton here. So often when has the first two in the lipstick, he'll follow it in with the third, more often than not and that is why we see his 180 tally, often very close to that of his 140 column. Another thing the Hammer can do is switch as well if he doesn't like the first dart in the 20. That increases the chance of a 134 rather than a 140 required in the market so think there's plenty of reasons to back the unders. In that epic with Whitlock last night, he hit 20 scores of 140+ and I'm unsure whether there will be more legs in the final than last night. I certainly don't see there being more so that would suggest he won't hit too many more than 20, if any at all. I certainly don't think he will hit more than 25 given the way he throws when he is hitting the treble so I'll back the unders here.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship So nearly a very lucrative 5/5 last night but somehow Wade imploded from 5-1 up to lose. Still was +10.5pts on the night to put me +84.27pts for the tournament overall. It's been a fantastic tournament and hopefully we get a fantastic final to do the tournament justice. I'll go with 3. 6pts A.Hamilton vs A.Lewis - Over 10.5 sets 4/5 Skybet 3pts A.Hamilton Over 11.5 180's Evs Betfred 1pt A.Hamilton to win 7-5 11/1 Skybet I fancy a close final tonight. We've seen close matches all the way through this competition and both these men have shown their fighting spirit and their hunger to be crowned world champion tonight. Hamilton battled are against Alcinas and van der Voort in the early rounds before coming from 5-3 down to beat Simon Whitlock 6-5 while Adrian Lewis was as good as gone against Nigel Heydon in the first round but fought back and he's probably still wondering how he came back from 5-1 down against Wade in the semi final. Both have also shown that they are playing well too. Lewis has had spells of brilliance where he's averaged over 100 as has Hamilton. I would probably argue Hamilton has looked the better of the two throughout the week and if this match is won by concentration and focus then Andy Hamilton will be the world champion. If it's won by flair and a bit of genius then Adrian Lewis will be world champion for a second consecutive year. I really believe this will be an exciting, high scoring final. Both men hit 180's for fun and Hamilton showed in his semi final in particular that the days of him being unable to finish under pressure are behind us. I really don't see this final being won any easier than 7-4 unless Lewis is below par after the mental energy he exceeded in that comeback yesterday coupled with the lateness of the finish. Both men's fighting instinct should ensure this goes 11 sets at least. If it does I firmly believe Andy Hamilton will be good for 12 180's as well such is the power he scores with. As for who wins, well I can't fully decide. Lewis wants to be the only man other than Phil Taylor to win this for the first time and defend it, the fact that it is so rare shows how hard it is to do, while although this may not be public knowledge Andy Hamilton's father has cancer and he has a dream of his dad seeing him win the world title and having a photo taken with him and his dad holding the World Championship trophy. Sometimes in sport dreams like that can come true. Hamilton is certainly playing well enough to win and so for a bit of a result bet I'll go with 7-5 Hamilton as a correct score.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Funny, everyones been waiting for you two "god punters" to post your tips, and here you both post within one minute of each other! Though somewhat contrasting, Ive put in a nice little punt of Hamilton 9/4 To beat Lewis at Ladbrokes, whose offering very good odds and taking no margins for this market. As said before, though Lewis is the definate favourite, I fancy Hamiltons chances here. Someone even posted earlier that some punter had shoved £50k on Hamilton. Hes either some really rich mug or hes got one of those gut instincts. Anyways, ive got some other even more modest punts on: Hamilton 7 - 5 10/1 0.25/10 Hamilton 7 - 6 10/1 0.15/10 Both with Skybet

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship WOW, after 2 absolutely fantastic semi finals it is promising to be an awesome final! I admit, Lewis was rather lucky that Wade broke away at 5:1 and missed the match point. Hamilton deserves to be in the final, he and the Wizzard traded awesome darts at the highest standard. I personally think the chances are 50:50 and therefore, I have to go with the better odds. in both semi finals the game swung aroung a number of times as no player seemed to be able to keep up the concentration 100% over the 2 hours. Errors were made and they bounced of each other. I expect some fantastic darts at the very highest level as well as massiv misses and the game swinging a number of times. I almost wish Hamilton would go 3:1 or 4:1 down and then come back. We'll see!

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Lewis to win, score the most 180s and hit the highest checkout: 3.00 @ boylesports i know Hamilton is a big 180 hitter but if Lewis is to win this, i think he also has a good chance of beating the hammer in this department. i also think Lewis is better on the checkout and if he turns up tonight, he should win all 3. i know this is effectively a treble but they are inter linked and i like the 2/1 on this one.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship The Hammer has slipped to a price I cant resist, so i'm having 3/10pts on Hamilton 5/2 with Lads. I was there last night watching the Semis and I'm pretty sure the crowd will have a huge part to play tonight. They'll be on Aidys back from the off and if it has the same effect as it did against Wade, he could be in trouble before he knows it. The Ally Pally beer fuelled crowd are a fickle bunch however and I can see them flip flopping back to Lewis when they want a closer match. The difference is, Hamilton won't let it effect him as much. Aidy hasnt learnt that slagging the crowd off does him no favours, throw in his arrogance and I reckon he'll be getting boo'd for the first 3 sets at least, enough of a headstart for the Hammer I reckon.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Pretty poor final in truth, didn't really do justice to what has been a sensational tournament. Both players looked tired and you feel if Hamilton would have played how he has done before tonight in the tournament, he would have won tonight. Would have preferred him to win it from a darts fan point of view but as a punter I'm glad Lewis retained the trophy. The individual match bets have left me a tad frustrated. Lewis missed a couple of doubles for the checkout including that D12 for the 9 darter, and Hamilton hit 26 140+ shots. Overall though, I can take a +69.45 profit out of the tournament which I'm delighted with. Hats off to Kev who comes out with an even better return from the tournament and the best shout of the tournament on Hamilton :clap Congratulations to all other winners and to anyone else who made some money from the tournament in what has been the best World Championship of all time no question. Just a few days until the BDO, so hopefully that forum will be as successful as this one. :cheers

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Very disappointing finale of a superb tournament. The best player won and it's amazing to look back at that Lewis' match against Nigel Heydon two weeks ago. Congratulations to all the winners in this fantastic thread and especially to fishy25 and kevshat who have been amazing throughout the tournament. Hat off Kev for that superb shot at Hamilton. See you soon for the Lakeside WC and soon after the Premier League of Darts :)

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship No joy for me in the final. Adrian Lewis had an annoying habit of letting my main bets have one dart at double to come in then shut them out in the latter stages. A disappointing -10 for the final which means I end the competition +74.27pts overall. Been another excellent Ally Pally thread, something that is becoming the norm on PL. Very well done to Fishy who has picked winners throughout the tournament and to the likes of Big X, Fader and theoldmaster and everyone else who had winners throughout the tournament :clap:clap:clap

No joy for me in the final. Adrian Lewis had an annoying habit of letting my main bets have one dart at double to come in then shut them out in the latter stages. A disappointing -10 for the final which means I end the competition +74.27pts overall. Been another excellent Ally Pally thread, something that is becoming the norm on PL. Very well done to Fishy who has picked winners throughout the tournament and to the likes of Big X, Fader and theoldmaster and everyone else who had winners throughout the tournament :clap:clap:clap
:okJoy of a tournament. Nice one matey

No joy for me in the final. Adrian Lewis had an annoying habit of letting my main bets have one dart at double to come in then shut them out in the latter stages. A disappointing -10 for the final which means I end the competition +74.27pts overall. Been another excellent Ally Pally thread, something that is becoming the norm on PL. Very well done to Fishy who has picked winners throughout the tournament and to the likes of Big X, Fader and theoldmaster and everyone else who had winners throughout the tournament :clap:clap:clap
Well said Kev, I never had a bet, but popped in for a read thought the write ups were excellent (not to mention a 50/1 winner !). Well done all, and good luck for the BDO.