** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

2012 PDC World Darts Championship

theoldmaster

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Small loss for me on the night so back to +7.39 now but that is almost negated by being on Jenkins to beat Lewis at 12/1 on Friday. Would be lovely if I can get at least one or two more of my quarter bet players through on Thursday. I'll begin Thursday with 2 bets in the afternoon. 4pts J.Wade (-2.5 sets) to beat S.Farmer 4/5 Boylesports Although James Wade isn't used to playing in the afternoon in the big tournaments I still think he will win this match. He seems to have a very good record of winning tournaments when someone gets rid of Phil Taylor and I fancy him to step up a bit here. He might not need to step up because Steve Farmer hasn't produced anything close to a 90 average in his first two matches and his lack of experience on the big stage I expect to count against him here. I think Farmer's biggest problem in this match is he just won't get no respite at any stage. Wade doesn't give legs away and because of his finishing quality you daren't leave him a chance because he could take it out which puts pressure on Farmer's own finishing which isn't exactly his strong point. Farmer is going to have to step up his game by probably 10-15% on anything we've seen so far and I'm not sure that's within him. Although he hasn't done it here, Wade knows exactly how to win these major events and with matches on consecutive days he knows the less time he takes to win this match the better for him long term. Farmer could take one set here but I don't see him taking two. 3pts K.Huybrechts to beat P.Nicholson 11/4 Skybet I really don't understand where these odds come from. Paul Nicholson isn't 'that' good and I believe Huybrechts has every chance in this match. For long periods of his match against James Richardson, Huybrechts was pushing the 100 average which confirms his European Championship form was no fluke. He scored heavily and in the main he checked out really well and I still thought there was another gear for him to move into. Paul Nicholson is now at that stage of the tournament where the pressure arrives and it happens too often for me that he talks the talk then wilts when he comes to walking the walk. I understand there is a long interview with him going out on Sky tomorrow which he tries to raise his stock for a Premier League place in and it's just pressure I don't think his game can handle at the minute. At the end of the day he's ranked 21st in the world. He would be better served shutting up and letting his darts do the talking and if they talk well enough he'll win enough money to have a Premier League place by right this week. All of Nicholson's antics won't put Huybrechts off. He just rattles in the scores and the checkouts and if Nicholson misses crucial doubles, which has been a feature of his game on the big stage all year, although admittedly often against Taylor but there were signs of misses against Tabern too even as one sided as that match was as he missed 20 darts at a double in 15 legs. If Nicholson misses crucial doubles Huybrechts could win this a shade comfortably. Nicholson never sits comfortably with me when he's the favourite in a match and I don't see the Belgian as an 11/4 shot here so I'll happily take him at these odds all day long.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship The first match today interests me greatly, always thought Part was a good player, but as stated before you just don't know which one will turn up. I took Burnett to beat Part in last round, but before looking at the odds was thinking about going for Part! So today i will take Part to beat Painter at odds of 11/8. Might even double up with Hamilton to beat Chisnell @7/4 (both skybet), as like many times before, the giant killers fail to win their next match against so called lesser opponents.:hope

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship 4pts - Painter v Part - Painter 180's over 5.5 @ 2.00 Skybet In a match that I expect to be pretty close and contain plenty of legs. I think this is a decent price for a line I think Painter can cover. He managed to hit six 180s in his first round match in 4 sets against Monk. He only hit three 180s in his second match in 7 sets against Walsh - however he did 25 140's in this match so he was scoring well. I think Painter will need to raise his game in this match and I think he can do it and bring in the required 6 x 180s here. :ok

Total of +3.88 yesterday after King blew the chance of the quarter as he missed doubles at crucial times. Last nights session was good though, atmosphere was really buzzing. Just glad Pipe didn't take the final match to 7 sets, really is pretty dull to watch. Anyway after the 2 sessions yesterday, my overall stands at +46.37 with Jenkins facing Lewis in the final of that quarter which was the perfect result there. Having 5 in the afternoon session today as the tournament really steps up a notch with most players playing on consecutive days. John Part vs Kevin Painter- Over 10.5 180s- Evens Sportingbet- (3/10) You can get a slightly lower line than this but I really like the price on this line in what I feel should be a really close match. Both players scored well in their second round matches and both should be full of confidence coming into this one. Part has beaten Painter twice before in the World Championship so the Artist, coming off a Players Championship win before Christmas will be looking to for revenge. Painter did show signs in his match against Walsh that he is still capable of missing some doubles but winning that match in the fashion he did in the last set will have meant a lot to Painter. Part was really impressive against Burnett, scoring well and his finishing early on was superb so all the signs point to a really good match here and one I think both players could well bring the best out of one another. Part hit 5 180s in his match against Burnett and a fair few 140s to go with them. Painter although he hasn't hit tons of maximums in the tournament, from watching him I feel he will hit a ton of 180s in at least one match. He has been hitting a lot of 140s and you just get the feeling if he hits a few in quick succession, he will hit quite a lot more. I think this match could well go to 6/7 sets and although I hope Painter wins as I have him to win the quarter, I feel Part could well test him and if this turns into a good match, feel the price is appealing enough to take and back that we will see 11 maximums here. James Wade vs Steve Farmer- Under 20.5 legs- 10/11 Blue Square- (4/10) Under 9.5 180s- 4/5 Coral- (3/10) Neither player has impressed me so far in the tournament but that is for different reasons. Wade really hasn't had any real competition in his two matches against Korte and Klaasen so far and he was never pushed to play well at all. Farmer on the other hand is only here really because Baxter didn't play particularly well and missed doubles whilst Munch did the same and the German missed doubles to go 3-1 ahead and you felt if that happened, there was no way back for Farmer. The fact that Taylor is out now I think will really encourage Wade to be quite ruthless in this match and get it done with as soon as possible and will try and win every leg. His scoring will be far more consistent and his finishing will be no match for Farmer today and Steve will have to play significantly better than he has done in his previous two matches and I don't see him upping his game enough to really cope with Wade and I fancy him to win this one extremely comfortably. Even if Farmer pinches a set the unders could still come through so I'll take the better price on it instead of the handicap. Also taking the unders on the maximums as I don't see Farmer improving his game enough to stay with Wade for the majority of the match. He can be a heavy scorer when he gets into his flow but whether he will be able to do that today is debatable. He throws a lot of loose darts and with Wade putting pressure on him in every leg, I'm not sure how well Farmer will cope with constantly looking to the scoreboard and seeing Wade in his face. Wade isn't the biggest 180 scorer either and if he wins this comfortably, there shouldn't be enough time for us to see a lot of maximums so the 10 180s needed looks high to me and I don't see the two players combining to hit that many.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship

4pts - Painter v Part - Painter 180's over 5.5 @ 2.00 Skybet In a match that I expect to be pretty close and contain plenty of legs. I think this is a decent price for a line I think Painter can cover. He managed to hit six 180s in his first round match in 4 sets against Monk. He only hit three 180s in his second match in 7 sets against Walsh - however he did 25 140's in this match so he was scoring well. I think Painter will need to raise his game in this match and I think he can do it and bring in the required 6 x 180s here. :ok
Job done in 9 legs of darts :cigar

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship May as well do the last match in a separate post so people see it. Kim Huybrechts (+2.5 sets) to beat Paul Nicholson- 8/11 William Hill- (5/10) Over 10.5 180s- 4/5 Blue Square- (4/10) The Belgian has been really impressive in his wins over Dolan and Richardson and he averaged near 100 in that round 2 win over Richardson, even with the crowd firmly behind the Brit early on but that didn't faze Huybrechts in the slightest. His scoring got better and better as the match went on and his finishing has been manly solid throughout the tournament so far. Nicholson played well against Alan Tabern in the second round but to be fair he was never put under much pressure but credit where it's due for a couple of sets he did play really well. The occasion shouldn't get to Huybrechts, mainly because the camera will be on his hot girlfriend more than him but also he has shown he can do in front of the cameras at the European Championship so there shouldn't be many nerves about as he known he has nothing to lose here. If anything I think Nicholson could struggle more with nerves as he is one of the big favourites for this quarter now Taylor has gone. Huybrechts has the scoring ability to put pressure on Nicholson and I'm not sure how well he will cope with that. From what we've seen with the Belgian, if he gets a shot at a double, he looks composed enough to take them out and I'd expect him to win 2 sets minimum here. Both players can score heavily when playing well though and I think the 180 line looks low. Nicholson hit 5 maximums against a relatively easy win over Tabern whilst Huybrechts had 6 to his name meaning the two of them covered this line if just 5 sets in their respective matches. I think this one could go to at least 6 sets and I think we'll see at least 11 maximums between the two here.

I'm just about sick to the back teeth of watching professional players acting decidedly amateurishly when I have money on them. They can do what they want with their own careers, World Championship chances and prize money but it's upsetting to watch when I'm sat with big money on them. That second 170 checkout attempt by Paul Nicholson was just nonsense. You hit the two trebles, hit 18 and leave 32. Professional and simple. I'm genuinely upset and angry at what I've witnessed.
It made no difference to outcome. The best player won.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship 6 points Evening session, over 37.5 180's @5/6 paddypower With 3 of the top 4 180 hitters in Anderson, Whitlock and Chisnall on show tonight I'm very happy to take this bet on. When you consider that their opponents Hamilton, Lloyd and Van Gerwen are no stranger to maximums, I think we are in for a lot of 180's tonight. Considering doing a trixie on the overs in said 3 matches due to same reasoning.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship A decent afternoon all round by the looks of it I think :clap:clap. Disappointed to lose Painter from my outright quota as I was beginning to dream of a Painter vs Jenkins semi final :$ but Huybrechts made up for that. Up to +17.34 for the tournament now and have plenty of bets tonight in what I believe will be a night of outsiders. 3pts M.van Gerwen to beat S.Whitlock 5/2 Betfred 4pts Highest Checkout - Over 125.5 8/11 Ladbrokes I really like Michael van Gerwen's chances in this match. I know the Sky commentators are writing off Whitlock's injury but I understand he had to be helped out of the Alexandra Palace in agony yesterday and that's not the sound of a man who is all at home with his ankle to me. He hasn't shown any real effects of his ankle so far but he's played a couple of slower players so far and that has given him time to just take the weight off his ankle in between throws but he won't get that here. By the time he's thrown and come back behind van Gerwen, such is the speed of the Dutchman, Whitlock will be throwing against straight away. In the 4th set of his match against Steve Beaton, Whitlock lost all his form and was fortunate that Beaton handed him that set because both were starting to feel it. He had a break after that set and maybe a painkiller and played well again but I feel the longer this goes the weaker Whitlock's game will get, especially at the pace it's going to be played at. However the way van Gerwen is playing there's no reason why he can't win this match regardless of Whitlock's injury. Van Gerwen's numbers against King might not have been as impressive as he would like but his performance in the key stages will have been. In the two deciding legs to sets in that match van Gerwen hit 2 180's in each leg and that's the sign of class. The Dutchman has been playing well for a while now and he's overpriced to win this match. I fancy a high checkout here too. Both men are well known for big checkouts. van Gerwen has had a 135 and a 158 in his two matches so far while Whitlock has had a 125 to show us he hasn't lost his finishing power. With the quality of their combination hitting I expect at least one big checkout if not a load more while I think van Gerwen will run out winner be it through his own brilliance of Whitlock wilting late on. 3pts A.Hamilton to beat D.Chisnall 15/8 Sportingbet 3pts A.Hamilton Most 180's 9/4 Sportingbet 4pts Over 12.5 180's 10/11 William Hill I'm often one to take on the winner of a match against Taylor in their next game because it is so rare that someone beats Taylor and then wins his next match. In fact I think it's only been done 3 times since 2007 on TV which shows how hard it is. Dave Chisnall is in a better position than most in that he's had a day off to get the come down from the adrenalin rush and do all the extra media activities that come with beating Taylor but we've already seen in this event with James Richardson that you can be flat after a big win and it would be only human for Chisnall to be flat tonight. He's also the favourite tonight against a dangerous campaigner in Andy Hamilton and I just feel that might affect him on his doubles. Chisnall won't outscore Hamilton so there will be pressure on his doubles and he's known for missing pressure doubles. Andy Hamilton has played brilliantly this week so far. His two opponents have thrown the kitchen sink at him and it's bounced off him and he's gone on to win a pair of deciding sets. He's battle hardened and you can be certain he'll be up for this. Hamilton isn't a 9/4 shot to hit the most 180's against anybody. He hits 180s like they are going out of fashion and he's hit more 180s than Chisnall in this tournament so far, admittedly in more legs and sets but it should be said there wasn't a 180 in Hamilton's match against van der Voort until the 4th set so when you factor that in it's about the same amount of time. Both men will hit 180's in what I believe will be a feast of heavy scoring and a very close match but for me Hamilton will come through and if he's at his absolute best he'll make a mockery of the 9/4 about the most 180's too. 4pts C.Lloyd (+2.5 sets) to beat G.Anderson 5/6 Ladbrokes 4pts Over 12.5 180's Evs Ladbrokes I think the final match of the night will be a lot closer than it's being touted as too. While I'm never Lloyd's biggest fan on the big stage he's impressed me this week and his 167 to win the 4th set against Rand was the shot of the week so far. That was brilliance at it's best form. Lloyd is scoring well and hitting doubles a lot better than he normally does. I always cringe whenever they put a microphone in front of him and once again he never failed to big himself up as better than he's been but I don't think that will be a major factor tonight. In Gary Anderson he knows he is playing a player who will give him chances, perhaps more than he deserves and Lloyd is definitely playing well enough to stay close and take those chances. I really think Gary Anderson is ripe for being upset tonight but I still don't have the faith in Lloyd to take him outright so I'll stick with him on the handicap because Anderson is yet to show any signs that he's about to blow anyone away. Anderson is hitting a lot of 180's but he isn't scoring to his usual heavy consistency on the 140's and the tons. There's a lot of 60's and 90's etc in there which isn't his game. As long as Lloyd scores well and attacks his doubles I expect him to win at least 2 sets and between them these two score heavy enough to take the 180's down as well. I expect to see 6 sets here which will be enough to see both bets safely in.

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Great shouts this afternoon Kev :clap, albeit a little dampened by Part beating Painter to kill the outright which was a shame. +1.66 personally this afternoon with Painter losing taking me to +48.03 for the tournament. Onto the evening session and I like it a lot and could potentially be a belter. Simon Whitlock vs Michael van Gerwen- Over 5.5 sets- 4/5 Blue Square- (4/10) Highest Match Checkout Over 126.5- 5/6 William Hill- (4/10) Was originally looking to back Van Gerwen on the handicap but you can only get the (1.5) line really so I'll take the overs on sets instead. I've backed Whitlock with a handicap in both of his previous matches but feel tonight may be the first one he really struggles with. In Van Gerwen, he comes up against a guy who throws quickly thus not giving him time to take the weight off his injured ankle when he isn't throwing. He'll only have about 10-15 seconds between throws and as the match wears on, that could be a huge problem for the Aussie. He was superb against Smith in the first round but his ankle has worsened since then and he didn't look completely right against Beaton yesterday who missed big numbers at crucial times giving Whitlock opportunities to finish the match off. Van Gerwen was also perhaps a touch fortunate given his average wasn't anything spectacular and King missed quite a few doubles but he was impressive in rounding the match off, hitting a couple of maximums in the process. I just feel this is a poor match for Whitlock given the Dutchman's quick style and when it gets to the latter stages of the match, his ankle could become a real problem. Very close to backing Van Gerwen for the win but I think I'll stick with both guys winning at least 2 sets in this one. I do like the look of the checkout line in this match. A lot of bookies have the price as lower than this and it's understandable. Both are more than capable of hitting big checkouts and finishing off a leg well. Whitlock took out a 125 yesterday against Beaton and is no stranger to taking out a 161 or a 164. Van Gerwen himself has covered this line himself in his two matches so far so I think we could well see a pretty decent checkout in this one. Dave Chisnall (-1.5 sets) to beat Andy Hamilton- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Over 12.5 180s- 10/11 William Hill- (4/10) I know there's talk about the 'Taylor curse' here but I don't see Chisnall falling victim to it tonight. He secured the win of his life in beating the Power and it was actually his finishing which was perhaps more impressive than his heavy scoring which we all know he has. He pressured Taylor into missing his doubles and stepped in and took full advantage which is exactly what you have to do to beat Taylor. Andy Hamilton has been the guy to watch for drama and quality matches. Already he has won in deciding sets against Alcinas and Van der Voort and scored heavily and checkout well like we know the Hammer can do. What impressed me most about Chisnall the other day was his reaction to beating Taylor. He kept his feet on the ground and stayed extremely down to earth which hopefully will benefit him tonight. So often do we see a player get their best win over one of the top players and then struggle in their next match. I see Chisnall doing the opposite in truth and wanting to prove that he can win the tournament and is a serious contender to the likes of Wade, Lewis, Anderson and Jenkins who looks superb at the minute. I think he will pick up where he left off against Taylor and win this no worse than 4-2. I am backing both players to hit a fair few 180s tonight though as they are consistently heavy scorers. Hamilton outscored Van der Voort which isn't an easy thing to do and hit 8 maximums whilst Chizzy nailed 8 in just 5 sets against Taylor. Even though I think Chisnall will come through with a bit to spare in the end, given both players' scoring power, 13 maximums looks a touch low to me and either player when they get going could go close to covering it on their own so with both of them combining, I'm happy to back the overs here. Colin Lloyd to beat Gary Anderson- 4/1 Sportingbet- (1/10) Lloyd (+2.5 sets) to beat Anderson- 5/6 William Hill- (4/10) Over 12.5 180s- Evens Ladbrokes- (4/10) Now I'm not one to back Colin Lloyd very often but tonight I think he is in with a real chance given the way he is playing. That 167 he checked out on at the end of the fourth set yesterday was special and won him the game and that should give him tons of confidence no matter who he is playing. He scored heavily and finished well even aside from that 167 and if he repeats that tonight, I think this could be close. I watched Anderson yesterday at Ally Pally and although he improved from his first round match against Jyhan Artut who missed doubles to beat him, he still gave chances to Peterson and a player a little more assured on his doubles, would have had Gary on the ropes again. Of course he will score well, that's a given in his matches, but the doubles I do still expect Gary to miss a shed load more than he hits. Lloyd has finished well all week and if he carries on doing so, he had a shot here I think. I do see him winning 2 sets at the very least because he will get chances with Anderson's finishing from time to time and if he gets enough confidence and momentum going, he could well show us why he was once the worlds number one. Also taking the overs as it looks still to low to me. Yesterday it was at (10.5) and Anderson virtually covered that himself. Tonight it's only a smidgen higher and it looks a few maximums to low. Lloyd hit 6 in 5 sets against Scott Rand yesterday afternoon and is capable of scoring more than that if he finds his range. I really don't see Anderson running away with this tonight and Lloyd should give him a fight. That should give us 6 sets minimum I'm thinking and that should be enough time for them to cover this line.

Dave Chisnall (-1.5 sets) to beat Andy Hamilton- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Over 12.5 180s- 10/11 William Hill- (4/10) I know there's talk about the 'Taylor curse' here but I don't see Chisnall falling victim to it tonight. He secured the win of his life in beating the Power and it was actually his finishing which was perhaps more impressive than his heavy scoring which we all know he has. He pressured Taylor into missing his doubles and stepped in and took full advantage which is exactly what you have to do to beat Taylor. Andy Hamilton has been the guy to watch for drama and quality matches. Already he has won in deciding sets against Alcinas and Van der Voort and scored heavily and checkout well like we know the Hammer can do. What impressed me most about Chisnall the other day was his reaction to beating Taylor. He kept his feet on the ground and stayed extremely down to earth which hopefully will benefit him tonight. So often do we see a player get their best win over one of the top players and then struggle in their next match. I see Chisnall doing the opposite in truth and wanting to prove that he can win the tournament and is a serious contender to the likes of Wade, Lewis, Anderson and Jenkins who looks superb at the minute. I think he will pick up where he left off against Taylor and win this no worse than 4-2. I am backing both players to hit a fair few 180s tonight though as they are consistently heavy scorers. Hamilton outscored Van der Voort which isn't an easy thing to do and hit 8 maximums whilst Chizzy nailed 8 in just 5 sets against Taylor. Even though I think Chisnall will come through with a bit to spare in the end, given both players' scoring power, 13 maximums looks a touch low to me and either player when they get going could go close to covering it on their own so with both of them combining, I'm happy to back the overs here.
I'm on the same handicap bet, also with Bet365. If Chizzy had not previously made a BDO final I would buy into this Taylor curse more but he seems relaxed and plays the board rather than the person for me. I like his mentality and feel he will come into this game 2nd set onwards, hit the big scores and land his doubles. He's 1 set down as it stands and blew the 62 finish. I feel Hamilton will be more likely to crack under pressure tonight. We'll see. :p

I'm on the same handicap bet' date=' also with Bet365. If Chizzy had not previously made a BDO final I would buy into this Taylor curse more but he seems relaxed and plays the board rather than the person for me. I like his mentality and feel he will come into this game 2nd set onwards, hit the big scores and land his doubles. He's 1 set down as it stands and blew the 62 finish. I feel Hamilton will be more likely to crack under pressure tonight. We'll see. :p[/quote'] WTF do I know? I'll bugger off back to ATR and stick to the horses. :lol:lol That was all about Hamilton, bloody brilliant tonight. Clinical. I should have laid off my Chizzy outright, only had a fiver on him at 80.0 but could have laid at about 10.0. :(

Re: 2012 LADBROKES WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP.

And the rest of the quarter bets. 1pt A.Hamilton to win 1st Quarter 50/1 Bet365 Stupid price alert. I know Phil Taylor is in this quarter of the draw but Hamilton is no 50/1 shot to win 4 matches whatever his run is I don't think. 2 years ago maybe he would've been but having changed managers he showed at the World Matchplay that he can still play this game and having been a former semi finalist in this competition we know he's capable of winning quarters. If someone were to take Taylor out then someone will win this quarter at a massive price. Let's be fair I don't think too many people will be surprised if Dave Chisnall turns up and beats Taylor. I know I wouldn't be. Even if he doesn't Hamilton showed in the Matchplay semi final that he can live with Taylor. He was only 10-8 down at one stage in that match and over the best of seven sets which would be the distance they would meet at here that equates to roughly 3-2 in sets so Hamilton would be with him. Yes a lot needs to happen for this to land but if Taylor gets knocked out we can effectively chop off the 0 off these odds and at this price I've got to pay to see how this top quarter pans out.
Just in case anyone forgot this bet, just want to reiterate what a cracking shout this is. 50/1 on a guy who is 4/6 favourite tomorrow. Makes all my work in the tournament look a bit redundant. :clap:clap:clap

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Going 3 D1 isn't unprofessional. When you look at how Lloyd's darts stick into the board it makes perfect sense. One of the few things Lloyd does which does make sense as it goes. If you want to complain about being unprofessional you can start with his obsession with T17 as a cover shot and that stupid T15/15/Bull for 110 :eek. It's nothing new with him though so you have to take it into account whenever you bet on Lloyd. Ditto the 80 with King as he's done it all his career. I agree it's daft but as I say he always does it so it needs to be factored in. As for the Nicholson one, I'm off the belief you go for what's left. That's how I played and how I'd expect anyone to play against me. If you have an opponent miles behind it's obviously because he's struggling a bit so I don't see the point in setting a shot up to give him 3 more darts to hit a big score and find form/restore confidence to do you in later in the match. If you go for a 170 and miss it, if you don't take out the 2 darter when you come back you don't deserve to win a leg anyway IMO.

Just in case anyone forgot this bet' date=' just want to reiterate what a cracking shout this is. 50/1 on a guy who is 4/6 favourite tomorrow. Makes all my work in the tournament look a bit redundant. :clap:clap:clap[/quote'] Not at all mate. My bet has played out how I hoped it would and obviously I'm really hoping it gets over the final hurdle but it's only one bet. To be over +40pts up from match betting alone is a fantastic effort which is every bit as good as picking any 50/1 winner, if not more actually with the fluctuating luck you get in match betting. Don't do yourself a disservice ;). A 1.38pt pick up for me on the night but a point went with van Gerwen who was so annoying. He made it to the double first in almost every leg in the entire match and still lost :sad. So that puts me up to +17.72 going into Friday where I have 50/1 and 12/1 shots of Hamilton and Jenkins. I'm not going to take anything in the Hamilton match. I think he'll win but I'll settle with my 50/1 shot as I'm not a fan of afternoon 180's as a rule. I will have one in the other quarter final though. 4pts J.Wade vs J.Part - Over 29.5 legs Evs Skybet This line looks nice enough for attacking to me. These two players are what I call 'championship players' and what I mean by that is they play the big legs well and you often find when they are involved in tussles that a lot of their sets go 5 legs and that when they are not playing each other they win a lot of those 5th legs. That was the case in their last 16 matches. Between them they played 7 5th legs in the 10 sets they played and they won 6 of the 7 legs and it's that which really kills an opponent and I expect this match to play out a lot like that. I don't see this match being one sided. Both men are good match players and know the times for the big shots and are usually up to the test. Both men also know how to win majors when Taylor has departed and secretly both will really fancy their chances here. I wouldn't say either have played their best darts this week over the course of a match but both have shown flashes that it's there. Apart from the early stages against Painter, Part hasn't been tested yet and Wade hasn't been tested at all in the tournament yet which could well be why their statistics are relatively poor. I think it could be one of those matches where they drag themselves along at a good standard or a poor standard depending on how the match goes. I expect a lot of 3-2 sets with players solid enough at finishing to be good at holding their own throw. Part lost his throw 3 times in 15 legs and Wade just twice in 9 legs in their last matches so there will be a lot of holds of throw so even as few as 7 sets could bring this home. 8 definitely will though and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 9th set here. However many we see I'm confident it will be at least 7 and that should be enough to land the overs here.

Not at all mate. My bet has played out how I hoped it would and obviously I'm really hoping it gets over the final hurdle but it's only one bet. To be over +40pts up from match betting alone is a fantastic effort which is every bit as good as picking any 50/1 winner, if not more actually with the fluctuating luck you get in match betting. Don't do yourself a disservice ;).
Completely agree with Kev here. 40pts in profit is a tremendous effort, when most bets are around the Evs price. I remember in the snooker threads where I had a winner at 16's and had numerous match bets throughout the tournament; the result was an overall profit but that's was entirely due to the tournament winner. I actually felt deflated that so much effort day in / day out yielded zero reward. What I'm trying to say is that it's a combination of both short & long term bets and I'm sure anyone following you & Kev will be delighted that you are both well in profit. Great stuff, the darts thread has been an absolutely joy to follow:clap:clap:clap

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship PDC WC 22:00 Lewis - Jenkins --------------------- Jenkins +2.5 hc / 888sport Jenkins till now played like a robot, I think he can even take out Lewis today, as championchipt progresses till the last rounds Lewis will fell pressure for sure and Jenkins who looked relaxed till now can take advantage! Many h2h beetwen this two guys Jenkins won some Lewis won more but at this stage anything can happen and I tip for a close on today!

Re: 2012 PDC World Darts Championship Cheers for the words Kev and Russ, was just highlighting what a shout and a half that was on Hamilton :clap Was due a night like that yesterday to be fair. Could have been a lot worse if Van Gerwen didn't rally at the end and Anderson didn't hit that final 180 with his penultimate darts. May have been a different story if Lloyd hit that D16 for the first set but that's how it goes. -9.80 for last night, bringing me back to +38.23 overall. I'm effectively on Jenkins to win at 12/1 this evening with the quarter bet and still have Lewis as an outright going so one of those will be losses tonight but the other will be in full swing. I'm taking 3 this afternoon though in the first two quarter finals. Andy Hamilton (-1.5 sets) to beat Kim Huybrechts- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Highest Match Checkout Over 128.5- 5/6 Sportingbet- (3/10) Now if Hamilton doesn't win this, Kev has every right to track me down and give me 50 punches but I think he will. Besides Anderson arguably, he was the best player on the stage last night averaging just under 100 and his checkout success rate was at 50% was is superb. He has averaged well all week and played some really grueling matches so he would have been delighted to get the job done over Chisnall yesterday in the fashion that he did. Huybrechts has perhaps been the story of the tournament as far as underdogs go. He and his rather pretty (hot) girlfriend have really made the crowd warm to him and as we saw yesterday against Nicholson, you will need the crowd behind you in the latter stages. Nicholson just couldn't cope with the crowd yesterday but Huybrechts just played his own game whilst the camera was fixated on Dana and ran out a comfortable winner in the end. I do think he will lose today here given what we've seen from the Hammer in the tournament. They have both been terrific and nobody could have predicted these two meeting in the quarter final with the likes of Taylor, Barneveld and Chisnall being around so massive credit to the pair of them however Hamilton has that extra experience on the big stage and that could be vital this afternoon. I have no doubt that the Belgian will break into the top 16 in the next year or so and cause many an upset like he has done this week, but I have to fancy Hamilton to just bee too consistent with his heavy scoring and solid finishing today and the handicap is small enough for me to take. Also taking an interest in the highest checkout market as I feel it is a tad low. Hamilton has already hit a 125 and a 120 in the tournament and has had a few chances to take out bigger shots. He missed D18 for that 9 darter earlier on in the tournament and you always feel with the Hammer that he can produce something special when on a finish. Huybrechts hasn't had the biggest checkouts like Hamilton but he has also had chances, but for missed doubles in the combinations. I think a checkout of 129 or higher isn't too taxing for either guy to cover here so I'll take the overs here. John Part vs James Wade- Over 7.5 sets- 11/10 Blue Square- (3/10) I think this one could be a real fight to the death and every break of throw vital as I don't see too many of them happening here. Neither guy has really been tested in the tournament so far, Wade especially so today should be the first real test for both guys. Both players haven't played anywhere near their best but the fact is they really haven't had to. In the early stages against Burnett, Part did look really good, scoring well and finishing everything but was slightly fortunate that Painter went off the boil yesterday and missed big numbers at crucial times. Wade just hasn't been tested in the slightest and that's probably why his stats aren't great but either way, both guys will be up for this one after Taylor was beaten and both will see this as a real chance to win the tournament. They've both won numerous majors in their career so will know how to play on the stage in these big matches so I don't see nerves being too much of an issue for either guy as the match goes on. I think this will be the tightest quarter final of the afternoon session and you wouldn't want to pick a winner as they will cancel eachother out a lot, both on the scoring and finishing. 5-3 either way looks pretty decent enough to me to back, and I wouldn't be surprised if this goes all the way and turns into a real classic.

And the rest of the quarter bets. 1pt A.Hamilton to win 1st Quarter 50/1 Bet365 Stupid price alert. I know Phil Taylor is in this quarter of the draw but Hamilton is no 50/1 shot to win 4 matches whatever his run is I don't think. 2 years ago maybe he would've been but having changed managers he showed at the World Matchplay that he can still play this game and having been a former semi finalist in this competition we know he's capable of winning quarters. If someone were to take Taylor out then someone will win this quarter at a massive price. Let's be fair I don't think too many people will be surprised if Dave Chisnall turns up and beats Taylor. I know I wouldn't be. Even if he doesn't Hamilton showed in the Matchplay semi final that he can live with Taylor. He was only 10-8 down at one stage in that match and over the best of seven sets which would be the distance they would meet at here that equates to roughly 3-2 in sets so Hamilton would be with him. Yes a lot needs to happen for this to land but if Taylor gets knocked out we can effectively chop off the 0 off these odds and at this price I've got to pay to see how this top quarter pans out.
Top top stuff mate :clap:clap:clap

Completely agree with Kev here. 40pts in profit is a tremendous effort, when most bets are around the Evs price. I remember in the snooker threads where I had a winner at 16's and had numerous match bets throughout the tournament; the result was an overall profit but that's was entirely due to the tournament winner. I actually felt deflated that so much effort day in / day out yielded zero reward. What I'm trying to say is that it's a combination of both short & long term bets and I'm sure anyone following you & Kev will be delighted that you are both well in profit. Great stuff, the darts thread has been an absolutely joy to follow:clap:clap:clap
Ill second that.